You Are Mine: Visiting the Past Part 4

You Are Mine

A man must be brave. It was his Abeoji who taught him that whenever he came home crying telling him how some bullies in school is making fun of him. He was in elementary back then. His father would tirelessly comfort him, soothing him and teaching how to fight back, without his mother knowing of course. She would have a fit if she learned that his father was teaching him those things. His mother believed that everything could be done in a diplomatic way much to the disapproval of his father. His father on the other hand believes that violence is needed when the right time arises. It should always be in defense to the self and not the other way around such as inflicting them to others for no apparent reason. A fair idea for him much to the horror of his mother. 

He is brave. He knew he is brave. Isn't he brave to follow his passion while dismissing the wishes of his parents for him to get a medical degree? Isn't he brave for living in an unfamiliar place for years while playing with his band on the streets? Isn't he brave for becoming the leader of a band full of passion and dreams? He is brave. But how can one girl made his bravery all melt away? How did he end up like this?

Yonghwa have heard from others that SNSD's maknae is really unique. Many have confirmed that she is really kind-hearted with pure dreams and a positive outlook in life. Whenever he hears them talking about her he can't help but wonder, are they talking about some royalty here? It seems that her reputation is really well known and well loved. While he hears some positive comments about her he has heard some that were not so good too. Like how boring her personality is, like how withdrawn she is, like how she is overshadowed by her more lively unnies, like how she seemed to be so aloof and many other things. It is a confusion for him because why should he care in the first place.

How did he manage to uncover the blinding truth? How did he end up being so broken like this?

As he became more immersed in his role as Seohyun's husband his feelings seems to develop a mind of his own. His feelings would slowly push the thought of him and her being fake. His foolish heart is demanding that they make everything real. He cannot withstand her smile wihtout thinking of putting his lips in those sweet pink lips she possesed. He cannot stand smelling her scent without having an urge to put his body close to hers. If the cameras can capture his gaze on her then it is true that eyes don't lie. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The staff was on break that time when they were filming on their birthday celebration episode. HIs body is trembling with a need to talk to her. He just felt that he had gone to the moon and back again. How can Seohyun do this? How can she innocently made him fall madly deeply in love with her? How can she just simply bought their couple rings again back to life? How can she simply ask about the story behind Love Light? How can she simply gather her guts to serenade me cutely? How can she subtly gave signals to him that made his heart confused and expecting at the same time? 

He slowly walked towards where Seohyun is sitting while they await for final instructions from the PD. He could still feel the tingle in his hands. Seohyun held it for the first time and it felt good. She made him feel awesome and simply happy.

"Hyun.."

"Ne oppa? Is there something you need?"

I need you

"Hem..aniya. I just want to talk to you for a bit. Would you mind having a walk with me Hyun?" He saw hesitation and fear in her eyes. It was immediately replaced with an unsure expression. 

"W...waeyo Oppa?"

"Oh, I just want to tell you something" he calmly said even though his heart is hammering inside his chest. It was now or never Yonghwa!

"N..n..ne. Where to?"

"Just over there by the lake so we will still hear them when they look for us."

Their walk towards the lake was excruciatingly silent. Only the sound of the night could be heard. The sound of his heart beating was getting louder by the second. He has to do it now.

"Love Light is my dedication to you" 

He heard her gasp. She looked at him with confusion in her eyes. Breathtaking.

"Even if I have started it a long time ago I only had the courage to finish it now. It's all because of you."

"W...w...why a...are you telling me this Oppa?" He could see she was scared. Like it is her first time being put in this situation. Wait! This is her first time. That made him smile all of a sudden. "W..what are you smiling at"?

"Did you ever think you could find love at such a young age Hyun"?

"M..m..me? I d..don't know. I haven't thought much about l..l..love. I think it's too soon for me to think about that"

"Mmmm. Then what do you think about us?"

"U..u...us? What about us Oppa? What did you mean by u..u..us?" 

"Do you think you'll fall in love with a man like me?" He was on a roll now. She may become scared of him after this but she has to know what's been torturing him for a while now. It may sound selfish but he is selfish when it comes to Seohyun. "Do you think you can Joohyun?" he said softly.

"............................I..I d...d..don't know what to say O..oppa." He can see that Seohyun is trembling a bit. Harsh of him but he like having the thought that he has this presence and it makes her blush so much. He has an effect on her. Seohyun may not recognize her feelings for now but he knew that Seohyun too feels tortured the way he is. 

"It's okay Hyun. I can wait. Just tell me when you are ready. I know you knew what I am talking about right? I can feel that you feel it too."

"N..n.ne." She said yes. Though shy and unsure she said yes. Does this mean that Seohyun is feeling the same too? Does this mean he's right? That Seohyun is feeling something too.  She shyly fixed some loose strands in her hair. The thing he has been longing to do. Touching her hair, tucking it gently in her ears while softly saying I love you. His heart is now drumming like crazy. He will take things slow with her. A first for him. Taking things slow never existed in his vocabulary until he met Seo Joohyun. They walked back to the to the waitng staff after a while both wearing silly smiles on their face.