You Are Mine: Painful Hello

You Are Mine

It has been three days since Jung Yonghwa had a decent sleep. Well, it has been years but this is different. This time it's like his whole being has been set on fire. Ever since that fateful night he saw her inside the car of that actor he has been restless. His heart is in a dizzying turmoil.

He saw her.

She saw him.

Their eyes met and electric sparks overtook his whole body. He is sure that she has felt that too. He looked away first. He should be cold as ice. He should be hard as steel. He should be numb. But he felt neither of the three. Instead he felt pain. He felt bitterness. He felt anger. What makes him restless is the fact that up to this moment he still refuses to admit that he is feeling this empty longing for her.

"Are you ready Hyung?" 

He looked up and realized that what he is feeling today is being mirrored by his dongaseng's expression. Jungshin has been silently trying to understand him after all that has happended. He never confronted him. He never asked questions. He has never opened up about it from the time everything happened and he could not thank enough Jungshin for that. 

 

2 days ago

"I heard she's back."

That was all what he needed to hear to fully focus on the presence of his CEO. He stopped strumming his guitar. The rest of the members paused what they were doing and slowly prepared themselves to leave. 

"Stay where you are"

The other three members got confused but silently went back to where they were sitting before CEO Han entered the studio unceremoniously and nonchalantly sat in front of them. They knew it would be a hard talk. The mere mention of "she" created a tension inside the room. The three of them were almost holding their breath while waiting for their leaders' reaction. They saw none in his face but it was reflected in the way he held his guitar. His veins tightened immediately as if it is preventing the guitar to breath. It was the most excruciating hour of their life.

"SM called. They want to meet you both."

"What for?" 

"A project"

"Throwing her to the wolf?"

"Are you gonna do it Yong?"

The silence that followed was deafening. Yonghwa is staring right into the eye of his CEO. Challenging him. Hurling all his bitterness in one straight gaze. On the other end, CEO Han accepts all what Yonghwa is trying to tell him. He deserves this. His betrayal is what makes his pain even more deep. He whom he fully trusted with his life is the last nail to the coffin of Yonghwa's misery. 

"Are you letting me do it?"

"It's up to you. Do you think its time to settle all of this once and for all?"

Yonghwa just sat there silently for almost a minute before getting up and head towards the door. He felt nauseaous. He felt like all the veins in his heart would explode. He needed to breathe. He needed alcohol burning his throat right at that moment. 

The bar was his obvious choice to unwind. The people inside were not that many as it just started to open. With a glass of wine in his hands his thoughts invaded his present state. Why would they let her and him meet again? For money of course. Her return made all the headlines. The fans petition for a reunion project was all over the media. It was a sweet reunion for them but dreadful for the two of them. 

He laid his head on the posh and velvety sofa in the VIP room. With eyes closed a cold and merciless smirk appeared in his mouth. Maybe it is not that bad to meet her. Once and for all this will be the final chapter. Maybe it is not that bad to show her the monster she created. Maybe it is not that bad to show her pretty innocent face the damage she has done. Maybe it is time for her to feel his wrath. There will be no holding back. There will be no mercy. He will take it all. 

He took out his phone and typed just two words. 

"I agree".