Read, Sunflower

Sunflower

About a month had passed since you won the competition. For about two weeks, all you could think about was Taemin and that sunflower, but then school started and your mind went straight to the books.

"Ah~!" You complained as you worked out a math problem. "Subtract 11 to both sides... Add 2x to both sides... Divide... Ugh, fractions..." You sigh and lay your head on the desk. You turn slightly to your friend, who was whizzing by all the equations as if it was a fluent language. 

"Oi!" You nudge her. "Can you help me?"

She sighs and looks at you. "If I do it for you, you won't learn anything!" She turns back to her work.

You give her a face and then look back at your own work. You rub your eyes and then skip to the next question.

The teacher spoke up. "Students. We have a new kid in our class. Now, even though he's new, I'd really like it if you respect him. Got it?"

You ignore the teacher and continue with your work. You really didn't care about any new student, you just wanted to get an A in this class.

"You may go sit in front of _______." Mr. Teacher said. 

You silently groan, but still don't look up to even see who the new student was. You heard a lot of the girls whispering to each other and saying how lucky you were to have this "handsome and alluring" guy sit in front of you. You roll your eyes.

"Ah, hello." The boy says to you when everyone returns to their work. Well, everyone except for the two preps, who keep giving you dagger looks.

Without looking up, you respond, "Yo."

"Heh, I'm sorry to bother, but I left my pencils at home."

You scoff a bit, bend down and grab a pencil. That's when you finally see his face. Keeping your not-really-caring-who-you-are-look, you hand him his pencil. 

"Ah, thank you. I'm Taemin." He pulls his hand out. 

You nod and return to your work. You didn't want to treat him differently just because he was famous, but then you thought about how rude not saying anything was. So you look back up and shake his hand. "______." You say.

Taemin smiles. "Nice to meet you, ________." He turns back around.

You sit there for a moment, memorizing how he said your name. Does he not remember me? You think. No, he couldn't of been the one to give me the sunflower, anyways. You sigh and continue to figure out your math problems.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~
 

You enter the library after lunch to find a book to work for your essay. You walked past many books, not being able to find one. You finally see a book up on the top shelf, but you were too short to reach it.

As if on cue, Taemin appears next to you. "Hey. You trying to get a book?" He looks up to where your hand was trying to grab.

You blush, embarressed. "Uh, yeah. That one right there." You point to the book. 

Taemin pulls it down for you. "Hmm? Why this book?"

"It's for an essay I'm doing." You take the book and start to walk away. Taemin follows you. 

"What essay?" Taemin asks, curious.

You look at him and chuckle. "It's an essay about boring stuff."

Taemin looks at your book. He points at it. "This is about dragons, witches, and ghosts. How can it be boring?"

You scrunch up your face. "It's an essay, it's always boring."

Taemin laughs and nods his head. "I guess you have a point."

You smile. Suddenly, you had to go to the restroom. "Ah... excuse me..." You rush to the rest room. 

When you come back, Taemin is gone and in place of him was a sunflower onto of your book. You pick it up. Again, there was a note that read, 

Free this Saturday? I'd really like to grab a cup of coffee.

-Sunflower

You look around to see no one in sight. Not even Taemin. Your heart skips a beat as you look back down at the letter. Again, it was from Sunflower. 

"It has to be Taemin..." You grab your stuff and new book and head out the library.