Fear Itself

Bruises and Scars (Torment from JR's POV)

 “Alright, everyone get out,” Aron said as we pulled into the parking lot of our company building. The others were quick to do so but I took my sweet time. “JR, hurry up, we're already late,” Aron said impatiently. I didn't speed up any as I slammed the car door shut.

Baekho was still avoiding even looking at me as we walked into the building. As soon as we entered the practice room Ren, Minhyun, and Baekho put as much distance between themselves and me as they possibly could.

“Okay, what is going on with you guys today?” Aron asked. All of them automatically looked at me. “JR, is there something going on that you need to talk about?” Aron asked calmly.

“It's nothing,” I muttered, crossing my arms.

“Oh really?” he said, simultaneously grabbing my hand and pushing my sleeve up to reveal my bandaged wrist. I heard slight gasps from the other three as he did this. “And what is this then?” he asked, raising one eyebrow.

“Nothing, it's just a rash,” I said as I pulled my hand free of his grip and tugged the sleeve back down.

“Alright, fine. We only have so much time in here so we'll deal with this later,” he said, raising his hands in defeat. After that we put music on and got to dancing.

It didn't feel like long at all before our dance practice ended. “Time to pack up guys. What now?” Aron said.

“Sleepover at hyung's house!” Ren exclaimed.

“Works for me,” Minhyun added. Baekho just nodded enthusiastically.

“I... can't,” I muttered reluctantly.

“Seriously, is something happening that I should know about?” Aron asked as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

“No, my parents are just... strict,” I replied, shrugging his hands off as I headed for the door. My heart sunk further with each step toward Aron's car. Like always, I didn't want to go home but I had no choice, I'd be in big trouble if I didn't.

“Okay, JR in the front, the rest of you in the back,” Aron told us with much protest from Ren. “I can drop you guys off at my place first then take JR home,” he explained.

It took a lot of convincing but eventually Ren climbed into the backseat between Minhyun and Baekho. I was already in the passenger seat by that point. “Well, let's go,” Aron said, starting the car.

“This is it right?” Aron asked as we pulled up in front of my house.

“Yes,” I replied, pushing the door open. It had taken us a while getting there because Aron had some trouble remembering where my place was. I could feel him watching me as I walked up to the front door. He didn't drive away until after he had seen me close the door behind me.

“Where have you been?” Shimhan asked, causing me to freeze dead in my tracks. Slowly, I turned to face him.

“I had dance practice with my group, I told you about it weeks ago,” I answered.

“You're late,” he insisted, moving closer to me.

“Aron got lost, he couldn't remember how to get here,” I explained. I would have backed away from him but I already had my back to the door.

“Something tells me you're lying,” he growled.

“That something would be wrong,” I stated.

He loomed over me ominously, staring straight into my eyes. “Are you questioning me?” he asked.

“No, I just...” I started.

“Shut up!” Shimhan yelled as he backhanded me. It was on the same cheek as he had slapped that morning. Now I knew how Baekho had felt. “Come here,” he said, roughly grabbing my arm around the bicep and dragging me toward the stairs. I ended up partially falling down the stairs as he pulled me along.

“Please no,” I whimpered as he moved toward the closet. He ignored my plea as he forced me in and closed the door. The lock clicked as I was left in the pitch black.

This wasn't the first time he had locked me in the closet and because of this small spaces terrify me. Panic took over as I started pounding on the door and yelling to be let out. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I kept pounding at the door until I heard footsteps outside.

Shimhan opened the door, causing me to fall forward onto the floor. I felt his foot on my back to keep me in place. He started tying my hands together, knotting the rope painfully tight around my wrists. I felt as he removed his foot and lifted me up by my shoulders.

“No!” I yelled as I started writhing and twisting trying to break his grip.

I just kept repeating that one word over and over as he set me down again and continued what he was doing. I saw what looked like an old rag with a knot in the middle in his hand. The knotted part was forced into my mouth and he tied it tightly in place. After he was done, he forced me back into the closet and locked it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I have to say is: poor JR :(