Black and Blue

Bruises and Scars (Torment from JR's POV)

 My mother took me straight home and left me in my room to rest. It was the most restful time I'd had in possibly ever. Sadly, the good things only last so long.

It didn't seem like too long before Shimhan came home. Somehow, he knew almost immediately that I was in the basement.

“Miya, why isn't he at school?” Shimhan growled. I could hear his heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

“He passed out at school today, he needs to rest,” my mother tried to explain.

Shimhan ignored her, he was already in my room standing over me. “Did you tell anyone?” he asked, placing his hand on my side right where it hurt the most. It was like he knew.

“N-no,” I stuttered. I hated when I stuttered, it gave away how nervous I was.

“Are you lying to me?” He put pressure on my rib using his thumb.

I gasped sharply as the pain intensified. “I swear, I'm telling the truth.”

He kept putting more pressure onto my rib. “Are you sure?”

“I didn't tell anyone!”

All at once I felt something crack and the pain became unbearable. I started seeing black spots in front of my eyes.

“Look what you've done! Now I have to take him to the hospital,” my mother complained.

“They're going to asked what happened,” Shimhan stated.

“I'll think of something on the way there,” she replied, helping me up.

I felt like I was going to throw up. On top of that, every movement was agony.

My mother was a lot more careful in getting me up the stairs than she was that morning.

The ride to the hospital kind of . I felt every single little bump in the road along the way. I was in debate about whether some of those bumps had always been there and I just never noticed, or if she was hitting them on purpose. It wouldn't shock me if it was on purpose.

My mother doesn't like doing anything she doesn't want to do, and will protest in any way possible.

I was glad to finally get out of the car, even though I couldn't move anything without feeling it.

My mother helped me into the hospital, putting on a face like she was actually a caring parent. She used that face whenever we were in public together. She liked the praise for being 'such a wonderful mother'.

I wouldn't have accepted her help if I hadn't physically needed the support to stand up. I knew that underneath, she only did these things for herself.

We were only in the waiting room a couple of hours, but when you're in pain, it feels like forever. Finally though, we got in to see the nurse.

With a bit of help from my mother, we lifted my shirt to show the nurse what was wrong. I never knew so many shades of black, blue, and purple existed in nature. I couldn't find any skin that wasn't bruised either.

The darkest spot was over where I can only assume Shimhan broke my rib.

“What happened?” the nurse asked in total shock.

“He fell down the stairs. I think something broke,” my mother lied with ease. Clearly, I didn't get my inadequate lying skills from her.

“Are you sure?” the nurse asked. “This looks more like he got beaten up.”

“He fell down the stairs,” my mother insisted.

The nurse muttered something to herself as she wrote something down on the clipboard she had in her hands. She leaned in to take a closer look at my side. I flinched as she gently touched where it was broken.

“Looks like a broken rib. Not much to be done, other than a few painkillers and some rest,” she concluded.

My mother nodded as she got me out of there.

I didn't feel anywhere near as many bumps in the road on the way home, reinforcing the idea that it had been on purpose.

Shimhan was waiting for us when we got home. “How bad is it?” He sounded annoyed.

“You broke his rib,” my mother replied, sounding even more annoyed than he was. “Luckily, all he needs is rest and drugs.”

Shimhan nodded as she helped me back down to my room.

She left and returned after a few minutes with a glass of water and a couple of pills in her hands. “Take these,” she said, handing them to me.

I complied as fast as I could. I'd had enough of being in pain. I started feeling tired immediately after I had swallowed.

“Sweet dreams,” my mother said just before I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally have a new chapter! Sorry it took so long ^^

So I gave Jr's mother a name... see if you can spot it lol. Although really, it was used once. credit goes to @BillyBobJones_Bertha for coming up with the name. Her explanation was that the name means palace or teple and that's how JR's mother feels like she should be treated.

As always, comment and subscribe if you like it^^