I'm in My Happy Place, So Piss Off!

Bruises and Scars (Torment from JR's POV)

Leaving music class I heard the two new girls arguing about something in English. I just kind of ignored them as I walked away. “I have to get my stuff out of my locker,” I heard the one say, once again speaking Korean, as she walked in the opposite direction from where I was going.

“Wait, I'll go with you,” Zelo called as he chased after her. I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

“What was that for?” Baekho asked as he and the others caught up to me.

“Just Zelo, a high school crush doesn't get any more obvious,” I muttered. Baekho looked like he was about to argue, but then he agreed.

We stopped off at my locker before finding somewhere to hang out. We happened to walk past Zelo as he opened his locker. I gave him a quick push as we were walking past. “I'll protect you oppa!” the one girl shouted as she threw herself between me and Zelo.

I found out their locker was next to his. “What are you going to do to me?” I teased as I stepped up to her. We were almost the same height but I didn't let that bother me as I tried to push her out of my way.

“Leave him ALONE!” the other girl said as she stepped over to join her friend.

“Like a pair of fangirls scare me,” I said. Although it made me nervous to see her clenched fists. No one had ever stood up to me before.

I was startled when Jongup walked up behind me. “Is there a problem here?” he asked, staring me directly in the eye. I looked around me, it was three to one, at some point the others had left.

“It's not worth it,” I muttered as I walked away.

I went and found a place to sit alone for the lunch period. If my friends weren't brave enough to stay and help me then I didn't want to sit with them. I had a spot on the roof of the school where I liked to sit anyway. No one knew about this spot but me, and I would like to keep it that way.

While I was up there I felt my phone ring. Sometimes I forgot I had a cellphone because I rarely used it. I pulled it out and saw that there was a message from Baekho.

'Sorry for bailing on you, had a feeling that things would go sour,' it said. I ignored him at first but he sent me another message saying, 'Where are you?'

I rolled my eyes as I started typing my reply. 'I'm in my happy place and would rather not be bothered,' I said.

'Okay, I get it, we kind of ditched you, but do you at least have something to eat?' Baekho asked.

'No, but when did you turn into Aron?' I replied.

'Aron's not the only one who worries,' Baekho said. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I stuffed my phone back into my pocket. I felt it ring a few more times but I ignored it.

Near the end of lunch I decided to make my way to my next class. I just had to figure out how to get down from my spot. Getting up was a lot easier than getting down because I had to use a dumpster and a few worn out chinks in the brick work to climb up there. I started by swinging my legs over the edge, then I carefully lowered myself using my arms.

I still hung a few few above the dumpster, but the easiest second step was to let go and hope I didn't hurt myself. So I let go of the ledge. I landed on the dumpster then rolled off onto the ground. I thought I hand landed properly until I tried to stand up.

“Shoot,” I hissed as I felt the slight pain in my ankle. I had somehow managed to twist it. Luckily I could still get up and walk, it just hurt a bit. I managed to walk back into the school without anyone seeing me.

I didn't need anyone sending me to see the school nurse or anything like that. I managed to stop by my locker and get to my Art classroom without being noticed. I sat down in my seat just as a few other students started to arrive.

The Art class was pretty small and it was the only class I didn't have with any of my group mates, which I kind of liked. It was a moment of near solitude for me. The she walked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor JR twisted his ankle, so yeah, still developing the character a bit and I hope I'm doing a good job of making this different from Zelo's perspective

Please leave me a comment, okay? I get bored