Care and Jealousy

Bruises and Scars (Torment from JR's POV)

 I walked into Art class and Emma was already sitting there fiddling with her pencil. “Hey JR,” she said with a big grin. I just ignored her and sat in my seat beside her. “Look, I'm sorry about what happened in music class earlier,” she said, “I know I said sorry then but I wanted to say it again, so you know I meant it and it wasn't just a reaction.”

It was kind of weird, I'd never had someone apologize twice for something. Sometimes I was lucky if I could get one apology. “Okay, I forgive you,” I told her as Ms. Byun walked in late.

We were told to draw whatever we felt like for the whole class. I sat there staring at a blank page occasionally moving my hand to different positions over the page. “What's wrong with your wrist?” Emma asked, interrupting my thoughts and causing me to realize that my sleeve had slipped up my arm slightly.

“N-nothing, it uh... it's just a rash,” I spluttered, tugging my sleeve down.

“Just a rash my ,” she muttered. “And is that a bruise?” she added, reaching for my face.

I quickly swatted her hand away. “We barely know each other, why are you so concerned?” I asked.

“I have a strong maternal instinct, I can't help it,” she replied.

“Okay. It's just... it's kind of personal,” I said reluctantly.

“I get it, everyone has their secrets, but at least let me rewrap your wrist,” she said, grabbing my hand before I had a chance to protest. I watched silently as she untied my clumsy knot from this morning.

“Definitely not a rash,” she muttered when she finished unwrapping my wrist. Very carefully, she started wrapping the gauze back around. She took her time and made sure it was tied tightly.

“Thank you,” I said quietly.

“No problem, just remember that you can trust me,” she said with a smile.

It seemed like no time at all before the bell rang. “Well, I guess I'll see you later,” Emma said as she collected up her things.

“Yeah,” I said as she headed out the door. I took a moment to gather my own things and left. On the way to math class I spotted Emma walking with Zelo and a few others. I could feel my face heating up. There was something about the two of them together that I didn't like. I was so focused on them that I practically jumped out of my skin when Baekho came up behind me.

“How many times have I told you not to sneak up on me?” I exclaimed, giving him a solid smack upside the head.

“I don't know, a lot,” Baekho answered.

“Clearly it isn't sinking in,” I muttered as I walked away.

“Hyung, wait, I'm sorry,” Baekho said as he chased after me. I ignored him as I walked into math class and sat down. I watched Minhyun and Ren walk in with Zelo and the girls. The five of them sat down in a row at the front.

The same heat I felt in my face earlier came back as I watched them talking and laughing together. “Hyung, is something wrong?” Baekho asked me.

“No, why?” I said.

“Your cheeks are bright red,” he replied. I reached up and felt my cheeks, flinching slightly as I touched the bruise. Baekho didn't notice, he was too busy looking where I had been looking.

“I see what it is,” he smirked.

“What?” I asked.

“You're jealous,” he answered with a smug look on his face.

“What? No way!” I spluttered. Baekho continued to grin like an idiot as he nodded. “What do I have to be jealous of?” I said.

“I think you like her, you just haven't admitted it to yourself yet,” Baekho replied, pointing at Emma. I was at a loss for words. I definitely thought she was nice but I never really realized I had thought that way about her. “Yeah, that's definitely it. She's more into Zelo though I think,” Baekho nodded.

“Baekho, shut up,” I said bluntly. I was starting to think he was right, a little too right.

“Her friend might be a little easier though,” he muttered thoughtfully, clearly not having heard me.

“Shut up!” I growled.

“She'd be a better match for you too,” he continued.

I'd had enough and I slapped him across the face as the bell rang. “I said shut up, got it?” I hissed through gritted teeth. I could see the fear in his eyes as he nodded in response.

After school we had dance practice, so we had to wait for Aron to come and pick us up. “When Aron hyung gets here I get to ride in the front,” Ren stated.

“Why do you get to ride in the front?” Minhyun asked.

“Because I never get to ride in the front,” Ren replied. “Plus JR is in a bad mood,” he added in a whisper.

Baekho was standing as far away from me as possible. I couldn't really blame him either. I felt that he had deserved it, he didn't listen when I told him to shut up. Although, seeing that his cheek was still red made me kind of feel bad.

Aron showed up taking my mind off of it. “Alright guys, climb in,” he said, but before he had finished Ren had climbed into the front seat.

“I think Minhyun should ride in the middle, he's the skinniest,” Baekho said.

“Hold up, what happened to your face?” Aron asked.

“I um... got in a fight,” Baekho replied.

“JR did you hit him again?” Aron said to me. I ignored him as I got into the backseat. “Ya! I'm talking to you!” he said, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

“How do you know he didn't actually get in a fight this time?” I retorted.

“Fine, we don't have time for this. Baekho, Minhyun, get in, we need to go,” Aron said as he shifted the car into gear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here is my new chapter for this. It took a while and poor Baekho :( but karma will kind of catch up with JR. Until next time, please leave me a comment ^^