I Quit

In a Super Junior World

Hyun Jung’s POV:

 

Another week passed before I was allowed to be discharged from the hospital. During that week, the members rotated their visiting hours. According to Kyuhyun, Mom and dad freaked out and flew over to Seoul on the nearest flight as soon as they found out about me. Donghae filled me in on Bongsoon’s state, seems like that retarded is stuck in jail for the rest of her life with round the clock monitoring. Obviously, I wasn’t in the best of moods during this period of time, but I tried my best not to show anything. The boys were tired as well. The ward was getting crowded with so much gifts, Leeteuk got one of their managers to donate some of the gifts (on my request) and bring some back to the dorm.

“You should call the school..” Kyuhyun gently reminded. I swallowed hard and nodded stiffly before he shut the door. I picked up my phone and dialed the school’s number.

“Hello? This is Cho Hyun Jung, majoring in ballet.”

“Yes, how may I help you?”

“I’m quitting school.”

“Q- Quitting? A- Alright I’ll send your papers over to your address. Get your guardian or parents to sign the acknowledgement slip before sending it back to us and you will not have to attend this school anymore.”

“Thank you,” I said in a quiet voice and hung up. “If I can’t dance for the rest of my life, it’s time I find something else I can do.”

A second later, there was a knock on my door and Donghae poked his head in. “Can I come in?”

“Will I ever say no?” Donghae grinned and came in.

“I came to check up on you,” he said, taking my hand and sitting at the edge of my bed.

“Why? To see if I was cutting myself out of depression?” I let out a small chuckle.

“Maybe,” he joked. “Baby you don’t always have to act strong.”

“But I’m fine, really,” I persuaded.

“Okay, you’re fine,” he shook his head with a smile. “Have you thought of new hobbies to pick up? Or do you just wanna get married and be a happy Mrs. Lee?”

“You’re crazy,” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m being serious,” he let out a throaty chuckle.

“It hasn’t been that long since we started dating. Besides, I’m still young, I want to try other things.”

“But I’m not getting any younger,” he pouted.

“Donghae, relax. Teukie oppa is already entering his thirties, he’s still single.”

“What about.. Enlistment?” I had nothing to say at that. “I’ll have to enlist sooner or later, you know that. Say maybe about two or three years down and I’ll be in the army, what if I lose you in those two years?”

“What makes you think we’ll last until you enlist?” I said, still in a joking mood.

“Aish,” Donghae clucked his tongue.

“Oppa, relax. I’m not going anywhere, you can’t get rid of me that easily,” I squeezed his hand.

“You’re right. You’ll stick to me like a leech,” he smiled. “I’ll go. You should rest.”

“I’ve been resting in bed for the past one and a half months,” I rolled my eyes. “I’ll get fat if I keep eating and sleeping like this without exercise.”

“You need the fat, trust me,” he have me a quick peck on the cheek before leaving. I played some music with my mini speakers and leaned back into my wheelchair to consider my options. I definitely can’t be an artist, my drawing skills are that of a kindergartener’s. I was never the star pupil of my Math and Science classes, I was better at Languages while Kyuhyun excelled in the Math and Science area. Finding a job would be inconvenient and hard, who’d want to hire a wheelchair bound person? If I was so good at my languages, maybe I should try writing? Meh, it’d probably be something I’d do in my free time. Maybe I should open a café or something. I could hire hot guys and cute girls to work for me, hehe. Sounds fun. I should do that.

“Dinner!” Ryeowook’s slightly demanding voice interrupted my train of thoughts. I wheeled myself outside to find half the members crowding around a laptop.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

Siwon shrugged. “Beats me.” I wheeled myself closer and shoved some of them out of the way. Chh. They were reading an EunHae fanfic online and it’s an adult fic, keke.

“I said, dinner!” Ryeowook barked. The members jumped and Eunhyuk shut the laptop before they rushed over with Siwon ever so kindly pushing me to the table.

“I think I would never be able to see Donghae the same way ever again after reading that story,” Eunhyuk shuddered while grabbing his chopsticks.

“What was it about?” I asked, amused.

“We were having gay in almost every chapter,” Donghae made a face. “It’s in English but we translated it in Google Translate.”

“Are you guys that bored?” Heechul rolled his eyes.

“That’s.. A bit inappropriate,” Leeteuk frowned.

“What’s the website?” I asked casually, earning weird looks from the others.

“Why? You want to read it?” Heechul asked with wide eyes.

“Maybe?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Actually it’s not just a single story posted there, it’s like a website for fans to post whatever stories they want, not just gay fictions,” Donghae informed.

“Is it a Korean website?” I asked.

“No, it’s in English,” Donghae twisted his lips, a new habit I’ve noticed from him.

“Meh,” I continued with dinner since English wasn’t my forte.

“You want to write?” Yesung asked.

“Considering it to be a past-time. I was actually thinking of opening my own café.”

“Really? If you need funds I can help you!” Kyuhyun offered happily.

“I think I should have enough. Umma has been putting money in my bank account consistently,” I said. “I’ll be a lady boss, haha.”

Dinner passed quickly and I retreated to my room. After tweeting a little from my account, I decided to shower and head to dreamland.

 

A few more chapters and it's the end, guys.