My ward feels like a gathering place

In a Super Junior World

 

“Yah!” startled, my hand lost its grip and my leg lost the meager amount of strength it had, I landed on the floor.

“Babo! What were you trying to do?!” Heechul quickly ran over and carried me up before setting me on the bed again.

“I- I didn’t want to d- depend so much on you,” I croaked.

“You think wiping some water is hard? Hyun Jung, I don’t want you to get hurt again. So relax and leave everything to me, I’ll take care of it, no worries. Okay?” He pulled the fluffy white blanket over me again.

“A- Aren’t you tired?” I watched him as he wiped away the spilt water on the nightstand.

“If anyone’s tired, it’s you. Get some sleep, princess. I’ll wake you up when your dinner comes.”

Recalling the frightening dream, I shook my head frantically. “I don’t want to sleep.”

“Why not? Don’t worry, I’m here,” he said.

“I.. I just don’t want to sleep yet.”

“Okay. You hungry then?” I shook my head no. “We’ll watch TV. I think Music Bank’s showing.”

He the TV and changed it to KBS.  Music Bank just started and the MCs were introducing the line-up for today. The first few performances were so horrible and boring Heechul and I got pissed. Just as we were about to watch something else, the familiar beginning of Infinite’s Paradise starting playing. Excitement started building up as the camera started to zoom in on the members.

“Isn’t that your new craze?” Heechul pointed.

“Yeah,” I smiled, making the volume a little louder. I couldn’t hold in my squeals barely ten seconds into their performance. I found myself softly singing along to their song. For those three minutes, my mind wasn’t on whether or not I’d burden the members or how badly my career would be affected, Infinite helped me escape from reality for those short three minutes.

“You like them that much?” Heechul asked when the camera was showing the two MCs.

“They make me happy,” I smiled. “Even for a little while.”

“Really?” I nodded. My mood was instantly lifted and I somehow managed to enjoy the rest of the performances. When the show ended. Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Shindong, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook entered with smiles plastered on their faces. Kyuhyun had a backpack slung over his right shoulder and Ryeowook was holding a cooler bag.

“How was Heechul? Did he annoy you?” Leeteuk asked, sitting himself down onto the couch.

“Yah,” Heechul gave him a look.

“He didn’t,” I said.

“I have a surprise for you~” Kyuhyun sang and sat his weird looking backpack onto the foot of my bed.

“What’s that?” I tried my best to look excited. But I just wasn’t in the mood for anything now. I know, major moodswings. The bag suddenly started moving and I swear I heard a “meow”.

“Don’t tell me you—“

“Jajjan!” He held out Mimi.

“You put her carelessly in a bag like that? She could get hurt!” Heechul gasped.

“I like that Mimi is here and all.. But why on earth would you bring an animal to the hospital?!”

“She misses you,” he pouted innocently as Mimi crawled and nudged my good hand.

“If the nurses see this, you’re responsible,” I pulled Mimi up and sat her on my stomach.

“Whatever. Just give her a signature and photo and she’ll shut up,” he waved his hand dismissively.

“I have a better surprise!” Ryeowook set the cooler bag next to Kyuhyun’s backpack.

“Please don’t tell me you brought Yesung’s turtles,” I rubbed my temple.

‘Why would I put them in a cooler bag?” he raised an eyebrow. “It’s ice cream.”

“Finally someone has the sense to bring me good food,” I reached out for the tub and spoon. “And it’s my favourite flavor too.”

“Donghae told me you liked this flavor,” he said. I smiled softly at the memory of us going to the store together.

“Thanks,” I said and scooped a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. The sugary goodness took its time to melt in my mouth.

“While you’re eating your ice cream, these idiots are gonna entertain you,” Leeteuk gestured to Eunhyuk and Shindong who were smiling goofily at me.

“Surprise me,” I stared at them. They started with stupid pun jokes which weren’t even funny and just earned flat stares from all of us. They gave up and started reading knock-knock jokes off from the app of Shindong’s iPhone. Some of them were funny but most of it I didn’t understand.

“Enough, you’re giving her a headache, you’re giving all of us a headache,” Heechul rubbed his temples. The two clowns pouted and joined Leeteuk on the couch.

“Don’t you guys have anything better to do? Like stay in the dorms?” I asked, playing with Mimi’s tail, much to her annoyance.

“The living definition of , , evil and cunning is in there,” Eunhyuk sighed. “I’d die if I continued staying in the dorms. Poor Donghae, though, she wouldn’t let him come to visit.”

“We’re talking about Jessica, right?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Duh. Who else could annoy us enough that we’d —“

“So you guys are here!” the rest of the members minus Donghae filed in one by one.

“Why do I feel like my ward is starting to turn gathering place?” I groaned at the amount of people in here.

“You don’t want us here?” Sungmin pouted.”And why is Mimi on your stomach?”

“Kyuhyun brought her here,” I rolled my eyes.

“So how are you, Hyun? I’ve been praying for your speedy recovery!” Siwon flashed a smile.

“I guess I’m doing okay.”

“Ms. Cho?” the nurse in charge knocked on my door. My eyes widened as I shoved Mimi into the backpack that Kyuhyun brought her in. “Are you there?”

“Y- Yes! Just a minute!” Ryeowook scrambled to keep the ice cream.

“I’m here for your dinner and medication! Is it okay to come in?”

“You may enter now,” I tried my best to act normal. The boys were trying to squeeze into the poor three-seater couch which eventually led to the youngest few, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Kibum, being kicked onto the floor., Hangeng and Siwon were awkwardly staring out the window, Heechul pretended to be asleep and Eunhyuk was holding a book upside down.

Meow

“Did I just—“

“Oh, sorry, I was practicing my animal imitation for a variety show I’m going to be on,” Leeteuk said lamely and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Meow."

“Okay.. You have a lot of company."

‘Y- Yes, I do,” I smiled as she placed the tray of icky hospital food onto my bed-table. She pushed the table towards me and placed the medication onto the nightstand.

“Enjoy,” she smiled. I muttered a ‘thank you’ just before she left. When the door shut, the members sighed in relief.

“That was a stupid cover-up,” Eunhyuk mumbled.

“At least I wasn’t holding a book upside down,” Leeteuk shot back. The whole room erupted with laughter as Eunhyuk blushed a deep shade of red and busied himself with letting Mimi out of the bag.

“Hospital food is disgusting,” I frowned and stared at the bowl of plain porridge and broccoli. “With the bitter medicine, it’s twice as bad.”

“Just eat it for now, next time I’ll buy you ddeokbokki,” Hangeng smiled.

“Arasso,” I complied with a pout. I ate half of it and didn’t want anymore. Heechul managed persuade Kyuhyun to finish it up. Oh, he and that tongue of his..

“Ugh, how the heck do you even eat this?” Kyuhyun gagged as slammed the bowl down. “Tasteless!”

“Now you feel my pain,” I muttered.

Now you eat your medicine,” Leeteuk instructed.

“Why’d you have to remind them?!” I groaned.

“Right, almost forgot,” Kyuhyun snapped his fingers and handed me the pill and water. I pinched my nose and quickly swallowed it with water. The medicine made me drowsy and I had fallen asleep when the members were chatting amongst themselves.

End of POV