Hangeng's back!

In a Super Junior World

Kyuhyun's POV:

"It's gonna be okay. It won't hurt for long," I squeezed Hyun Jung's free hand as the doctor prepared to treat her burns.

"What degree is it?" I asked.

"It's a bad second degree burn. It'll hurt but only for the next hour. I'll prescribe her pain killlers and anti scar cream later. You ready?" the doctor asked. She nodded and buried her face in the crook of my neck. The doctor administered the treatment and she squeezed my hand harded, occasionally letting out a small whimper.

"There. All done," the doctor smiled. "These are your painkillers and anti scar cream. Take care of yourself."

"Kamsahabnida," Hyun Jung said softly. It was late already and she was probably tired. 

"Go sit with the members, I'll go pay the bills," I said. She nodded and walked over to where the members were sitting. They started questioning her about her burn and asking if she was okay. I smiled and moved forward to the counter once the person in front of me left. We got into the car and started to drive home. Hyun Jung fell asleep during th short drive. I parked the car and carried her in my arms. Heechul unlocked the dorm and we went in. Donghae rushed out as soon as he heard us coming in.

"How is she? Is the burn bad?" he asked, holding onto my arm.

"It's a little too late to ask now, isn't it? Let go," I grit my teeth, not even bothering to look at him. He let go and I entered her room and set her in bed. I pulled the covers over her and the air conditioner. Mimi jumped onto her bed and snuggled up beside Hyun Jung. I smiled, that cat knows her owner's hurt. I took one last look at her and turned off the lights before shutting the door. The members were retreating to their rooms one by one but I wasn't feeling sleepy yet. I went out and sat on the stool of the kitchen counter. 

I let her get hurt. Again. Not just physically, but emotionally as well. What was Donghae thinking? He should know best that Hyun Jung isn't the type of girl that would do that. But instead of believing her, he chose to believe that crazy . How dare she hurt my precious baby sister. If she feels so insecure about Donghae's feelings for her then it's her problem. Why does she take it out on my sister. Donghae's just going to hurt himself if he continues with her. Possibly hurting Hyun Jung along the way too. I've seen the way he looks at Hyun Jung, I'm not blind nor am I stupid. That guy loves her. And so does Hyun Jung. Hyun Jung probably knows her feelings already, Donghae just needs to wake up. Just because he was once in love with Jessica doesn't mean he still is. 

"Hey."

"Hyung," I turned around.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Leeteuk asked, sitting on the stool beside me.

"Not tired yet," I sighed.

"What did the doctor say inside?"

"Second degree burn, doctor said it'd heal in 2 to 3 weeks," I shook my head, pouring Leeteuk and I some water.

"That bad?" he frowned. "Jessica, that crazy girl."

"You think she did it on purpose?" 

"I trust Hyun Jung. She isn't that kind of girl. She's better than that," Leeteuk smiled slightly. "Anyways, you should go to bed. I told manager hyung to give you few days break to take care of Hyun. Go to sleep, arasso?"

"Arasso. Goodnight," I smiled and headed to my room. I turned off the lights and heard a door closing. Must be Leeteuk. I closed my eyes and it didn't take me long before I fell into deep sleep.

--

“Oppa.. Oppa, wake up,” I groaned and opened my eyes slowly.

“Oh Hyun ah, do you need something?” I quickly shot up. It was still dark out so I guessed it was still in the wee hours of the day.

“Ani. Can I sleep with you?”

“Of course. But why don’t you want to sleep in your own room?” I scooted aside and she crawled under the covers and lay down.

“I just didn’t feel like it,” she mumbled, closing her eyes.

“Okay. Go to sleep,” I smiled and brushed her bangs aside before falling asleep again. When I woke up, she was missing. Getting out of bed, I went to look for her. I sighed in relief when I saw her on the couch.

“She’s such an idiot! If she listened to me she wouldn’t have died!” Hyun Jung frowned at the TV. Seated beside her was Leeteuk who was hiding his dace behind a cushion and in the kitchen was Ryeowook.

“The rest aren’t home?” I asked, fixing my hair.

“Nope. I was just watching a show with her,” Leeteuk said, sipping from his cup.

“Oh. Ryeowook hyung, I want my breakfast,” I said, walking to the kitchen.

“Breakfast? It’s lunch already. I have kimchi stew, heat it up yourself while I scoop your rice.”

“Arasso,” I replied, filling my bowl with soup before popping it in the microwave. “Hyun ah, did you take your painkillers?”

“It didn’t hurt so I didn’t take it,” she replied.

“Arasso. Today you’ll rest, okay? No going out and no Infinite,” I said, retrieving my warm bowl of soup from the microwave and setting it on the table where the rice and cutlery was already set.

“Ani, it’s not like I’m disabled or anything, why can’t I watch Infinite?” she frowned.

“Fine. But just be careful of your hand. No ballet today either.”

“It’s not like I do ballet with my hand or anything,” she glared at me.

“Listen to me or you won’t get your autographed album,” I smirked.

“You’re really getting it for me?” she jumped up in excitement. I nodded since my mouth was full. She rushed over and hugged me, almost making me choke on my kimchi.

“Yah, yah get off,” I said after swallowing.

“Gomawo, oppa jjang!”

“It’s only when you get what you want then you’ll act like that,” I frowned and wiped my mouth. I washed my bowl and joined Leeteuk, Ryeowook and Hyun Jung on the living room floor.

“Yah, shall we play a board game?” Ryeowook suggested.

“Boring. Let’s play Starcraft.”

“Hyunnie can’t play since she doesn’t know and the game needs two hands,” Leeteuk said.

“Then a board game it is,” Ryeowook giggled and disappeared down the hallway. He came running back a minute later with a board game in hand. “Monopoly.”

“Oh I wanna be the shoe,” I smiled and took the small figurine. We spent about 2 hours playing that before we got sick of it.

“Let’s play cards. Anyone knows how to play Bluff?” Hyun Jung suggested.

“Yeah we do,” I said. She smiled and ran to her. She reappeared with a deck of cards in her hand.

“It looks special,” I said. The deck was a mixture of pink and black cards. Not your average plain white ones.

“My friends gave it to me,” she said and shuffled the cards before distributing them one by one.

Aish, I don’t have the card. Bluff it is then.

“King,” I said and placed the 3 Hearts down into the deck.

“Bluff!” Hyun Jung laughed and flipped my card open. “I have all four Kings!”

“Aish! I was winning this thing,” I pouted and took the thick deck of cards. We were on our fifth game when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” Hyun Jung said and got up to answer the door. We all stared at who could be the visitor. Well, hopefully not Jessica..

“Guess who’s back in Korea!” Hyun Jung announced as the familiar Chinese man strolled into the dorm.

“Hangeng hyung!” I laughed and ran forward to hug him.

“Yah did you guys miss me?” he laughed.

“Of course we did. Welcome back, Hannie,” Leeteuk gave a motherly smile and hugged him tightly.

“I bought presents~” Hangeng sang as he set his suitcase on the floor and ped it.

“You have one for me too, right?” Hyun Jung asked excitedly.

“Of course I— What happened to your hand?” he asked seriously.

“I got burned,” she mumbled, staring at the thick bandage. The anger in me started building upas I recalled the smug look on Jessica’s face as she was brought away by Donghae.

“By who?! Tell appa and he’ll go murder the person!” he said, caressing the bandage.

“Appa? Since when were you my appa?” she laughed.

“I’m serious! Who did it?”

“It’s not important. C’mon, I wanna see my present, appa,” she laughed.

Oh my God I forgot to tell Umma and Appa about her! Aish, babo Kyuhyun, babo!

“I’ll make a phone call,” I said hurriedly and rushed to my room. I picked up my phone and dialed umma’s number.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Umma? It’s Kyuhyun,” I said.

“Oh, Kyuhyun ah, what’s wrong?”

“I’m gonna tell you something, but don’t scream or get mad until I finish, okay?”

“Just tell me what’s wrong! You’re making me worried!”

“Okay.. So, Hyun got injured and was sent to the hospital. But she’s okay now and there’s nothing to worry about!” I quickly finished.

“WHAT? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN,” I flinched and brought the phone away from my ear. “YOU’RE GOING TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME IN FULL DETAIL, ARASSO?”

“Umma, calm down,” I sighed and began explaining everything about her injury, purposefully leaving out who did it to her.

“So she’ll recover in 2 weeks?” umma reconfirmed.

“Neh,” I gulped. Umma’s extremely scary when it comes to anything about Hyun Jung’s welfare.

“I can’t visit now because I’m extremely busy. You take care of her every need until she recovers, you hear me?” she warned.

“Neh, umma.”

“Good. You’re her older brother, you’re supposed to protect her from things like this. If I ever get another call like this, I’m taking Hyun Jung away, ara?”

“Neh umma, I won’t let it happen again,” I said.

“Okay. I’ll hang up now.”

“Neh. Saranghaeyo!”

“Saranghae, Kyuhyun ah,” she said and hung up. I sighed in relief and put the phone down.

“My present! My present!” Hyun Jung said impatiently.

“Arasso, Arasso,” Hangeng laughed. “Here.”

“I- Isn’t this..” she stared at the pair of shoes before her.

“What is it?” Leeteuk asked, studying the unfamiliar shoe.

“It’s a Pointe shoe, a limited edition one,” she reached for the pair of shoes. “How’d you get it?!”

“My friend managed to get it from someone, but she doesn’t do ballet so she gave it to me after I told her about you,” he smiled. “Like it?”

“I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Hyun Jung squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“A 'thank you' kiss?” he grinned and tapped his cheek.

“Yah! Andwae!” my eyes widened and I pulled her away.