It's all good, guys

In a Super Junior World

 

Hyun Jung’s POV:

Before the dawn, before the dawn.

I sighed and turned the alarm on my iPhone off.

“School,” I said and groaned. I flung the covers off and swung my legs over the bed. I got up and grabbed fresh clothes for a shower. After I was done, I put this on.

I gave Mimi her breakfast and proceeded to get my own.

“Morning,” I said to the 5 half awake members. Their eyes were half closed while they shoved pancakes into their mouths.

“Morning..” the muttered lifelessly.

“Busy lately?” I asked, eating my own pancake.

“Extremely,” Heechul rubbed his temples.

“Because of me?” I scanned the looks of the members.

“Of course not!” they snapped awake.

“I’m sorry guys. If it weren’t for me—”

“It’s not your fault, Hyun Jung,” Donghae said.

“Sure it isn’t,” I sighed and brought my plate back to wash.

“I’m leaving. Take care guys,” I said.

“Be careful, Hyun,” Kyuhyun said, “if you’re cornered, scream, shout, make sure you’re heard by others.”

“Don’t worry. I can handle it,” I smiled and headed out the door. I decided to drive today since people would obviously recognize me on the bus. I started the engine and drove off. It was easy getting there since I had my GPS and memory to rely on. I parked my car at the area for students and walked into the building. I opened my locker lifelessly and put my ballet attire in and got my History and Math textbook out. The first period was History. Insert 100th sigh here. I headed to my class on the third floor. There were students inside already, the guys were sitting on the tables at the back of the class while the girls held their compact mirrors, fixing their hair and for some, their make up. Their eyes landed on me as soon as I set foot into the classroom. There were mixed stares.

Some were filled with hatred, some were eyes of pity and the rest were eyes of nonchalance. I lowered my head and quietly dragged my feet to the quite corner at the back of the classroom. They turned their heads away and continued with their conversations. At times like these, I really wish Hannah was taking the same class as me. But nooooo, she’s having English now. I sighed and rested my head on the table and waited for the teacher to come in. 5 minutes later, an old woman walked in. We stood up to greet her and surprisingly, she wasn’t naggy or annoying like the other old teachers that I’ve been taught by. She introduced herself as Ms. Kim and began taking attendance while I started zoning out.

“Sam?”

“Present.”

"Eric?"

"Present."

“Hyun Jung?”

“Cho Hyun Jung?”

“What? Present!” I quickly snapped out of my daze. The class snickered while Ms. Kim shook her head. Ah, I’ve messed up my first impression.. She got on to the lesson and started drawing mindmaps on the white board. I put on my glasses since I couldn’t see well and started to copy whatever she was writing. Usually, I’d just fall asleep. But, she was writing something on the whiteboard instead of boring old PowerPoint slides, so my attention is captured easily. Well, you could say I was more of a visual person. I need to see stuff happening to focus. Class was over quickly and I gathered my things before making my way to my Math class. The same thing happened like in History class, I sat in the empty seat at the back again and waited for the teacher. The class was supposed to start at 10am yet being late, this fat came strolling in as if nothing happened. What. The. Hell.

I reluctantly stood up along with the class to greet him. I absolutely refuse to open my mouth. He stared and I stared back. Of course, he looked away. He introduced himself as Mr. Kwon and started on the lesson. I have this habit when I hate a particular teacher, I refuse to pay attention in the class. So, I decided to sleep instead. I was dreaming about this dinosaur chasing after me and just as it was about to eat me, I woke up after being pinched in the arm.

“Good morning,” Mr. Kwon said sarcastically.

“Good morning to you too, sir,” I smiled.

“Now, tell me the answer to question 14,” he said. I looked at the question in the textbook and immediately knew the answer. Gosh, this is elementary work to me.

“The answer is 211,” I smirked.

He knitted his eyebrows together and frowned, “good.”

Ha, didn’t think I’d get that right huh? I rolled my eyes and continued to sleep through the lesson. The school bell served as an alarm for me. I got up and shoved my stuff into my bag before running off to meet Hannah.

“Oh, Hannah, I missed you! Do you know how much I suffered,” I faked sobs.

“I missed you too,” Hannah acted along with me.

“My math teacher is an idiot,” I sniffed.

“My English teacher is a saggy old hag,” Hannah whined.

“Are you ready to go?” I laughed.

“Yeah, let’s eat! I’m starving,” she smiled. We stuffed our bags in the locker and linked arms. As soon as we stepped foot into the cafeteria, the chatter ceased and all eyes were on me.

“Just ignore them,” Hannah whispered. I nodded and we made our way to the usual place we sat at. The people in the cafeteria started to continue the conversations and the place was just as noisy as before we came. Just as Hannah was coming back with our food, one of the guys stuck out his foot, making Hannah trip and spill everything.

“Attack!” a group of girls shouted. Immediately, they started throwing their lunch at me. I quickly pulled Hannah up and pushed her against the window while I used myself to block her from the food. They threw everything! Pies, spaghetti, ice cream, everything. I was like a walking buffet!

“Stop it! What the hell wrong with you?!” Jonghyun shouted. Then, the group of girls that said ‘hi’ to me after the assessment, Kelly, Sam and Na Young, came to help me. Soon, they stopped throwing stuff at me and Jonghyun rushed over and gave me his jacket.

“No, it’ll get dirty,” I said and gave his jacket back, “Hannah, are you okay? Anything got onto you?”

“I’m fine, just a bit of dirt, thanks to you. Look at yourself, you’re all dirty,” she sighed and used a napkin to clean off as much as she could.

“You girls okay?” Sam asked.

“We’re fine. Thanks,” I smiled.

“Do you have spare clothes?” Kelly asked.

“I do, but Hyun Jung doesn’t,” Hannah said.

“I’ll lend her my hoodie,” Jonghyun said.

“I can lend her some running shorts,” Na Young said.

“No, it’s fine guys, I’ll just wash it off,” I said.

“You’re gonna wash that off?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“Why not?”

“Have you seen yourself? It’s impossible to wash that off,” he said.

“Okay. It’s not like I have any choice or anything. Thanks so much, Kelly, Sam and Na Young. You too, Jonghyun,” I smiled.

“You’re welcome. We’ve still got time until ballet starts, let’s get you cleaned up,” Sam smiled and we went to the female bathroom while Jonghyun went to report the issue to the discipline head, despite me telling him not to. I rinsed myself in the shower stall and put on my ballet attire. I washed as much food off the clothes and dried them under the hand dryer before putting it into the paper bag Hannah gave me. The rest of the girls changed into their ballet attire and we made our way to the dance studio. We were one of the last few to arrive but we weren’t late. Classes went on as usual and it was the end of school. The 5 of us exited the dance studio to get Na Young’s running shorts. Jonghyun was already waiting at the door of the dance studio, holding the hoodie.

jonghyun-header.jpg

My heart felt a sharp stab when I recognized the hoodie. It was the one I always stole from him to wear when we were together. It was so comfy and it smelled nice.

“Here,” he smiled.

“Thanks, I’ll give it back tomorrow,” I smiled back and went off with the girls.

“Wait, Hyun Jung?”

“Yeah?”

“You.. Uh, changed your number. Can I have your new one?” he asked nervously.

I hesitated a bit but decided to let him have it, “here,” I said and wrote my number on his palm with the pen he had in his pocket.

“Thanks. Take care, Hyun.”

“I will. Thanks,” I said and walked away. Na Young gave me her running shorts and I went to change. I slipped on her running shorts and put on Jonghyun’s hoodie. The sleeves were 4 inches longer than my arms and the whole thing could be worn as a dress. Although I was practically drowning in it, It felt so familiar, the soft fabric and his scent. I missed it. So much.

“Are you done?” Hannah asked.

I sniffed and blink away the tears b in my eyes, “yeah.” I held the ballet attire in my hands and went to get my bag which was stowed away in the locker before lunch break. I put the ballet attire in my bag.

“I drove today, I’ll give you a lift,” I said.

“Sure,” Hannah smiled. We got into the car and I dropped her off at her apartment before heading back to the dorm. When I opened the door, the members were rushing about the house.

“What’s going on?”

“Hyun Jung! Why didn’t you answer your phone?!” Kyuhyun asked.

“I was in school,” I said.

“Forget that. For now, go shower and change into something formal. The press conference is shifted to today!” Kyuhyun said.

“What? Why?”

“Something happened. Just hurry and shower.”

“Okay,” I said and rushed into my room. I grabbed fresh clothes and showered quickly. I was done and blowing my hair dry in no time. I put on the clothes I chose and rushed out.

 “I’m done!” I said.

“So are we, let’s go,” Leeteuk said. We piled into two huge vans and drove towards the venue. The place was mad. Reporters with their cameras flashing in our faces and fans screaming their oppa’s name. There was also the broadcasting crew was there. KBS, SBS, MBC, all the stations, you name them, tbey’re there. When we pulled to a stop, the reporters crowded outside the van such that we couldn’t even get out. About 20 bodyguards came and made a path for us to walk in and 5 more were escorting us. Kyuhyun took my hand and squeezed it reassuringly, telling me it was okay. When we got into the building, a lady brought us to the waiting room where all the hairstylists and make up artists were waiting. The boys sat at the dressing table while I sat on the couch to wait for them.

“Did you put on make up yet?” a young lady asked.

“No, I haven’t,” I replied, looking up to her.

“Okay. Hurry and sit on the chair, I’ll do your make up,” she smiled. I did as told and sat on the chair while the girl did the necessary stuff to my face. I didn’t really like putting on make up, just a little eyeliner and foundation is enough for me. Only on rare occasions did I put on this much make up. About 20 minutes later, she was done and so were the boys.

“You look beautiful, Hyun,” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Sure. I don't hear you say that when I don't have make up on,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yah, you look more beautiful," Kyuhyun smiled. 

“Super Junior? Let’s go,” the same lady came in. All of us exchanged glances and followed Leeteuk. We went down the hall and came to the door which I suppose would lead to the press conference hall. We could hear someone speaking on the microphone at the opposite side of the door. Soon, the door opened and we walked in. The boys stood in age order and I stood beside Kyuhyun.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Super Junior ibnida, we are Super Juni-or!” the boys did their signature greeting and I joined them in their 90 degrees bow. We then sat on the chairs in front of us. It was a long table with Leeteuk on my far left and their main manager sitting on my right.

Leeteuk, Heechul, Hankyung, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum, Kyuhyun, me and their manager.

“First of all, we’d like to apologize for creating such a mess of things, we’re doing this to make everything right. I hope all of the reporters here will only report the truth and help us clear this misunderstanding. Now, Kyuhyun will begin to explain, kamsahabnida,” Leeteuk said.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Super Junior Cho Kyuhyun ibnida. This girl sitting on my left, is my sister, Cho Hyun Jung,” Kyuhyun said. Immediately, flashes went off, some reporters went typing away on their laptops and some reporters stood up shouting questions.

“Kyuhyun ssi! Don’t you only have one sister? Her name is Cho Ahra,” one reporter said.

“Yes, I have a sister, her name is Cho Ahra, but..” Kyuhyun looked at me, I got the message and took my microphone.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Cho Hyun Jung ibnida. My oppa, Kyuhyun and unnie, Ahra, are not blood related to me. I was adopted by the Cho family when I was young,” I said.

“Tell us more!”

“My birth parents passed away and I was put in the orphanage, thankfully, Mrs. Cho, who now is my mother, decided to take me in. Kyuhyun oppa soon left to train and become part of Super Junior and this is where I am now,” I smiled.

“Can you tell us about the ice cream incident?”

“Ah, neh. Kyuhyun and I, we were just spending some time together since we’ve been apart for quite a few years. As numerous articles have stated, Kyuhyun’s disguise had fallen off. So fans could recognize him and in the end, an article came out. Kyuhyun and I are not dating, we are siblings,” I stated. The same thing carried on. Reporters ask questions, we answer them. About 2 hours later, it finally ended.

“That will be all for the press conference,” their manager spoke. Leeteuk led the whole line of us from the conference hall and into the waiting room.

“You guys are tired, let’s go home,” Leeteuk said. Exhaustion evident in his voice. We walked out of the building the same way we came in, just a little different now.

“Hyun Jung unnie! Mianheyo! We misunderstood you. Forgive ELFs!” a group or girls shouted. I looked at Kyuhyun for permission to speak and he nodded. I turned to the fans and smiled.

“Annyeong. I’m not mad at you guys. I understand exactly how you all feel. If I were, I’d be enraged as well,” I smiled.

“Mianheyo!” they chorused. I smiled and nodded before joining the rest in the van. So, I suppose there’ll be no more food flying towards me and people shooting death glares my way anymore. I’m glad the fans took it well. Now, I can spend time with Kyuhyun and the rest without negative articles popping out everywhere on the internet. I guess it all ends well!