Chapter 37

In a Super Junior World

 

Hyun Jung’s POV:

“Let’s go on a date~” Donghae sang, a childish edge to his voice.

“Mm? What date? It’s dangerous..” I replied, half paying attention to him and half paying attention to my fashion magazine in hand.

“How is it dangerous..” he muttered.

“I don’t know,” I said slowly, flipping the page.

“Let’s go on a date,” he began to whine louder than before. “Please? Please? Please?”

“Donghae, let me finish this then we’ll talk,” I shrugged his hand off my shoulder when he made a grab for it. I turned to my side when I noticed his hand trying to snatch the magazine away, earning a huff and most likely a pout.

“You don’t pay any attention to me..”

“Of course I do, baby what are you saying,” I cooed, making a mental note to search for the pair of ankle boots I saw in the magazine. “How about while I’m finishing this up, you go plan the date. Once I’m done I’ll join you, sounds good?”

“Mm.. Okay,” he smiled, hopping off my bed and skipping out of the room into his own.

“Feel like I’m talking to a kid..” I smiled, rolling my eyes. After another five minutes, I was done with the magazine and went to look for Donghae, coincidentally meeting Kyuhyun in the corridor.

“Donghae’s hyper, you’re both going on a date aren’t you,” he narrowed his eyes suspiciously at me.

“Yeah, well, you could say that,” I shrugged, struggling to rest my arm on Yesung’s shoulder when he passed by, making him stop and stare at me in confusion.

“Cover up more, wear two layers if you have to. By the way, when are you going back to school?”

“OH RIGHT, SCHOOL,” I shot up, running to my room and snatching my phone from the bed. “Hannah!”

“Gosh, what?! I need my beauty sleep, hello?”

“Hannah, trust me, no amount of beauty sleep will change that face of yours, nuh-uh,” I rolled my eyes.

“Excuse me?! I stayed up the whole night practicing the damn routine, my ankles are sore and my eye bags are hor—”

“Hannah, when does school start?” I interrupted her rant.

“Tomorrow, Monday. Which reminds me, you have a whole lot of catching up to do. You’ve missed out a load of important stuff while you were gone,” Hannah informed.

“Oh god..” I rubbed my temple. “Usual time right?”

“Yep,” I could almost see her nod.

“Okay. Thanks baby, hang out sometime, bye!” I tapped the End Call button and immediately went to look for Donghae. “Donghae? I can’t go out with you today! I have to prepare for class and Hannah says I missed out on a— Why is the room so messy?!”

“I was looking for something to wear on our date.. You can’t go?” his eyes looked genuinely disappointed and hurt, they almost seemed as if they were tearing up.

“I’m sorry baby, I have to prepare for class..” I sighed and hugged his waist. “I’ll help you clean up the mess, okay?”

“No.. I can do it myself,” he gave a soft smile and planted a kiss on my forehead. “Go prepare.”

“No, I want to help you. To make up for the time that could be spent on our supposed date,” I hugged his waist tighter and he did the same. “Come on, let’s get started.”

I pecked him on the lips before starting to pick up the various articles of clothing strewn all over the floor. I hung them up in the closet while Donghae folded and stored some in the dresser.

“Ow,” I rubbed my back when I felt him hit me on the back with a pillow just as I was done with the last shirt. “Are you starting a war?”

“Maybe,” he smiled bashfully, tossing me another pillow. I grinned and started hitting him with the pillow on his chest and back, laughing uncontrollably. He returned my attacks by hitting me on the legs and back, laughing just as hard as well.

“Yah, get off me, you’re heavy,” I tried pushing him off as soon as we accidentally landed on the edge of the bed.

“Apology kiss,” he tapped his lips. I smiled and rolled my eyes before leaning forward and pecking him lightly.

“Happy now?” I smiled.

“I’ll forgive you this time,” he got off and pulled me up. “What time do you get off school tomorrow?”

“Mm, five or six in the evening, why?”

“Just wanna know around what time you should be back,” he shrugged, tidying his bed.

“Okay, well if you need me I’ll be in the new practice room,” I said, walking towards the door. “I’m sorry, oppa.”

“Don’t worry, school comes first,” he smiled warmly and I turned to leave. After changing into comfortable clothes, I took my CD and headed to the newly built practice room in the dorm. It wasn’t big, but it was comfortable and spacious enough for all the members to practice together. I decided to start out slow, since this would be my first time practicing in four months while my ankle was healing. I began with simple twirls and light jumps before moving on to pointe and more difficult techniques. My ankle wasn’t a disturbance although I was constantly worried that something would happen to it suddenly, thankfully, nothing did.

“Hey,” I said in a comical tone, gesturing to the frowning Hannah.

“So you think after leaving me for four months with just a stupid letter you can walk up to me as if nothing happened?” she scoffed.

“Come on..” I pouted, clinging onto her arm but she just stubbornly looked away.

“I’ll get you Son Dongwoon’s signature if you stop being mad at me,” I quickly said.

“D- Dongwoon?! Beast?!” she gasped.

“Yup!” I grinned.

“Forgiven!” she giggled and we walked into the main building.

“What are you gonna eat?” Hanna asked, fumbling with her wallet.

“Mm, I’m craving for ramyun, you?”

“Bibimbap I guess,” I nodded and looked up when someone called my name.

“Jonghyun?” I said quietly to myself when he came running over and crushed me in a tight hug.

“My god, I missed you! How are you? Are you recovered fully?” I was stunned there for a moment before realizing he was talking to me.

“Oh, I’m fine Jonghyun. What about you?” I awkwardly hugged him back briefly.

“Just really tired with school and schedules,” he sighed and let me go. “You look really different.”

“Yeah, changed my hairstyle,” I shrugged.

“I’m glad you’re back,” he flashed a childish grin. “I gotta go, singing’s waiting for me.”

“Okay, have fun,” I waved and he brisk walked away.

“Well that was awkward, if you were me. Having your best friend’s ex run up to your her and hugging her without acknowledging the other’s presence,” Hannah frowned.

“Bitter,” I smirked.

“Bitter,” she mimicked me in a childish voice. “So you’re okay with him now?”

“I kinda got over it, but doesn’t mean I forgot everything,” I sighed, entering the cafeteria.

“That’s better. How’s Donghae treating you?" she cutely whispered his name so other’s wouldn’t know.

“He’s really sweet, but sometime I feel like I’m talking to a child,” I rolled my eyes. “And do you have a boyfriend?”

“I.. Um..” she suddenly couldn’t look me in the eye and I knew what her answer was.

“Who is it?” I smiled, shaking my head at her unnecessary nervousness.

“Yeobo!” a random guy materialized out of nowhere and engulfed Hannah in a hug. I couldn’t see who it was because his back was facing me.

“Baby you know I don’t like PDA,” Hannah hissed and he immediately let go. “Uh, Hyunnie meet my boyfriend, Yongjun.”

“Nice meeting you,” I smiled and nodded and he did the same.

“I’ll pick you up after school okay?” he wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Okay, bye,” she hurriedly shoved him out the cafeteria.

“Good looking guy, definitely worth my best friend,” I nudged her playfully.

“Shut up, you and Donghae are perfect for each other. Both equally childish,” again, she whispered his name.

“I am not childish!” I pouted.

“Mhm,” she gave me a look. “That pout totally doesn’t contradict what you’re saying.”

“Whatever, I’m gonna eat,” I scoffed and walked away.

After an intense four hour ballet practice, I realized they were rehearsing for a school event. The instructor told me there weren’t any places left so she put me as an understudy of the lead, the person playing the lead was Kim Haesung. She was a nice and friendly girl but I hardly talked to her except for a ‘hello’ every now and then. If she somehow couldn’t make it on the day, or if the instructor felt that I was more superior than her in terms of skills and able to portray the character, then I’d take over as lead. I didn’t really like the idea of snagging her spot since it’d cause some /serious drama. At the end of the day, my legs were so sore and I was so sticky. After a shower, I quickly packed my bags and changed into the extra set of clothes I brought. Hannah and I slowly strolled out of the building and met Yongjun at a bench.

“Hi,” he greeted me before turning to Hannah. “Ready?”

“Yep,” she smiled. “Hyunnie you gonna be okay alone?”

“Of course I will be,” I waved her off dismissively. “Have fun you lovebirds, shan’t disrupt you anymore!”

“See you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay,” I smiled and turned to leave. It wasn’t even five minutes after I stepped out of campus before a car pulled up beside me and the driver’s window began to descend.

“Hop in baby,” I recognized his voice immediately without him needing to remove the sunglasses.

“Donghae,” I smiled, shaking my head and making my way to the passenger seat. “No wonder you asked what time I’d get off school.”

“Of course. Now let’s go on a date,” he took off his sunglasses.

“But I’m tired and my feet hurt,” I whined.

“I’ll carry you, bridal style or piggy back?” he smiled, driving off.

“Neither, I’m sure you’re equally tired. So, where are we going?” I asked, buckling my seatbelt.

“Your favourite sushi place,” he answered, briefly looking at me before returning his eyes to the road.

“Won’t we be eating your friends and family then?” I grinned.

“Gosh, not you too,” he groaned.

“I was kidding,” I laughed, leaning over to peck him on the cheek. “Thanks for picking me up, oppa.”

“No problem. Now that I think of it, you rarely call me oppa. Do I have to sing that song for you?”

“Your Oppa Oppa song you did with Eunhyuk? No thanks,” I shook my head.

“Then call me oppa,” he cooed.

“I just did!”

“Keep doing it. It makes me jittery and warm when I hear you say it,” he smiled sweetly.

“Alright, Donghae oppa,” I shook my head.

“I say Donghae, you say oppa,” he smiled. “Donghae?”

“Oppa!” I answered.

“Donghae?”

“Oppa!” The both of us burst into laughter. Not long later, we arrived at the sushi place after ten minutes, it was the one the boys and I always frequent whenever we craved sushi. The owners were just so just so nice and warm, other old married couples could never be so cute and loving like they were.

“Omo, you’re back!” the ahjumma smiled from behind the counter.

“Neh! Where’s ahjussi?” I asked, looking around.

“The old man’s raising hell in the kitchen for the new employees,” she chuckled. “Usual place for you two?”

“Neh,” Donghae smiled as she led us to the table we always sat at whenever we came. We sat across each other and flipped through the menu. Donghae and I decided on two bowls of beef udon for the both of us and called the nearest waitress over. As soon as she stopped in front of our table, she peered at Donghae, squinting her eyes at him.

“Donghae ssi?” she whispered. I gulped and exchanged nervous glances with him before she turned to me. “Cho Hyun Jung?”

“Um..” Donghae started off.

“Are you two dating?!” she asked in a harsh whisper.

Oh snap..

 

Sorry this took so long. I wanted to post this in the afternoon, but either it was just me or aff was down for a while. :/ Did I mention how much I hate physics?