3rd Song

Baby I'll be Good to You

~3rd Song~

 

**

 

[2 Weeks Earlier]

 

 

“Girls, I have news for you. One is a good news and the other one is a not so good news.” CL walked inside the 2ne1’s dormitory then rushed into the girls.

 

“What is it unnie?” Minzy curiously asked their leader. The girls gathered around and sat on the couch.

“Well, girls, YG-appa said that we should release a new album~” CL announced making the girls jump.

“Oh my god, that is such great news. I’m really excited for it!” Bom clapped her hands.

“Indeed it is, when are going to start?” Dara asked CL.

 

Hearing Dara’s question changed CL expression.

 

“Umm YG-appa said that we should start as soon as possible. He also said that I will be composing some of the songs.” The leader waited for the girls’ response.

 

“That is daebak unnie. We’ll do our very best~” the maknae cheerfully exclaimed. Dara and Bom nodded. “Hwaiting!”

 

“But---the not so good news is--- Umm before I tell you guys I just want to say that we’ve been through a lot of ups and downs and just some weeks ago another challenge appeared in front of us especially to Dara-noona.” Chaerin heaved a deep sigh

 

She cleared “Ahmm---And I know that it’s been hard for all of us, it’s been hard for our Ssantoki.” CL looked at Dara.

 

“I’m okay now Chae.” Dara said and then smiled as if nothing big has happened.

 

“Guys, Umm, We all know that Jiyong-oppa is an a**hole and a stupid jerk…” CL said it as if she just stated a fact.

The Bom and Minzy nodded. After what he did to Dara, a**hole and stupid jerk seemed to be the right word to describe that cheating dragon.

 

“And even though I don’t want to do this--- for our upcoming album’s sake, I think we need to have a truce with Jiyong-oppa. YG-appa said that Ji-oppa will be supervising us.” Finally the leader was able to say it.

“NO~!” Bom exclaimed. “I think that’ll be impossible. I might kill him in the process.”

“Yeah, it’s not that easy for us unnie! We’ve seen him done those stupid things and we must protect Dara-unnie from him.” Minzy abruptly hugged Dara.

 

“Yeah, it’s hard and it’ll be hard but we have to this.  I’m okay already, no need to worry guys. And it’s not like I’ll be dead if we work for him. This is inevitable; we’re in the same fence as him.  Don’t worry about me; I’m a big and strong girl. And it’s for the best, we should put those things in the past already. Arasso~?”

 

“Bu-but Dara, we can’t just let him slide.” Bom protested

“Now-now Bommie, where’s our professionalism then?” Dara asked jokingly

 

Despite Dara’s smile, CL knows that she’s still hurting. As much as Bom’s reluctance, she doesn’t want Dara to work with that cheating dragon but as what Dara said this kind of thing is inevitable.

 

“I’m really sorry girls. I know it’ll be hard to like oppa again but can we all just act civil with him?” CL hoped that the girls will do as she says especially her Bom-unnie. Bom seemed to be the one who’s affected the most. She’s even angrier to Jiyong because of her actions. Compared to Dara, who passively reacted to that situation, Bom on the other hand aggressively dealt with the situation.

 

“I-I guess that’s all for today. We should probably rest now.” CL stood up from the couch and gathered her things. The girls followed and went to their respective rooms.

 

 

***

 

[Present Time]

 

“Before we leave I just want to remind everybody that when we step inside YG-building we’ll be working seriously and dedicatedly with our sunbaes and other staff so we must act professional."

"We’ll also be working with Jiyong-oppa so I hope we could act civil towards him.” CL finished her reminders.

 

“Deh~”

 

 

Few minutes later…

 

“Okay here we are.” Their manager opens the van’s door

The girls proceeded to the studio. Everything seemed fine but then someone’s starting to feel nervous. As they get nearer to the studio Dara’s heartbeat speeds up and she’s feeling very nervous more than ever.

 

‘What’s with me? Why am I feeling so nervous? It’s just them. I’ve worked with them so many times already, I can do this. Hwaiting~!’ Dara cheered herself.

CL opened the door of the studio. She bowed and greeted the staff politely. The three girls did the same.

 

“Annyeong oppas~” they all chorused

 

“Oh, I’m glad you’re already here. We’re discussing about some of the songs that you wrote.” Teddy-oppa removed the headphones off his head and picked the sheet of paper.

 

“OW? How was it oppa?” CL asked Teddy-oppa, she sat next to him.

 

The girls were instructed to read the songs that CL composed and give their opinion about it. Teddy-oppa said that in this way the girls will be able to bring out the best. Teamwork is very essential in order to create a true work of art.

 

“CL-unnie, this lyrics are all daebak~”the maknae smile sweetly

“And I’m sure our fans will love this.” Dara commented

“Thanks guys, I really hope that the fans will like our songs.”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure they will. They will Love it.” Bom cheered

                                                                                                                                                                          

 

Hearing such thoughtful words helped CL’s confidence to boost up. She felt grateful for having wonderful sisters.

 

“We started dividing the lines that you girls will be singing. Here are your lines. You can learn it now and later you’ll hear the whole instrumentals. Just like before~” Teddy-oppa handed them their individual copies. “That’s all; I’ll be at my working area if you need help.”

 

The girls did as what they were told. They started memorizing the lyrics and thinking of ways to bring out their emotions.

 

“Aigoo~ I just can’t get over this. CL you are amazing. This song is so emotional.” Bom complemented CL once again.

“It’s not that great unnie~” CL humbly replied

 

After thirty minutes or so Teddy called them. He made them listen to the mixes and instrumental. After that listening he told the girls that they’ll be doing the usual.

They started learning the songs and how to sing their parts. They worked on their melodies, harmony and blending. The girls worked on their techniques and emotions.

 

“Alright girls, great job.” Teddy high-fived each of them.

“Thanks oppa~” the girls chorused.

 

“YG-appa said that you can go back to your dorm now. We’ll continue tomorrow. We can start recording the following day.”

“Thanks again oppa, See you tomorrow!”

**

‘Huh, what a day~’ Dara sighed and started stretching her back. ‘Hahaha’ she chuckled lightly.

‘Why did I get nervous a while ago? He’s not even there in fact I didn’t even see any Bigbang oppas a while ago.' She thought.

Dara drank her chocolate milk silently. ‘But I’m really glad that I didn’t see him today. I don’t think I can face right now.’

She finished her drink, washed the cup then went straight to her room.

**

 

2 days passed and luckily no signs of Jiyong. Dara was very thankful, God heard her prayers. Life’s easier without his presence.

The girls proceeded to the recording studio. Teddy-oppa said that they should start recording because they are following a very busy time table.

“Okay girls, you can start vocalizing now because we’ll start with the recording in a few.” Teddy informed the girls

 

“Aren’t we gonna start yet?” CL asked boldly that made Teddy-oppa look at her

“Ommo~ I didn’t mean it that way. I didn’t mean to be rude, it’s just that it’s been twenty minutes already and we’re done vocalizing.” CL explained.  Teddy-oppa smiled at her and replied “Mian, Maybe we should start. That guy is late already.”

 

“Okay then~”

They started recording their individual parts. CL was the first one. Her parts didn’t take long to perfect. After some repeats, Teddy gave the sign of approval.

The same process with Minzy and Bom. They amazing vocals made Teddy smile the whole time.

 

‘Aigoo, They are all great. I hope that I’ll be able to sing it the way Teddy-oppa wants.’ Dara prayed silently and waited for her turn.

 

“Okay~ that’s perfect! Bom you did great.” Teddy put his thumbs up queuing Dara’s turn.

“Okay Dara, it’s your tur---“Teddy wasn’t able to finish what his about to say. The door opened and a very familiar man entered in.

 

“Aish, Jiyong! Your late!” Teddy scolded

“Mian hyung. YG-appa talked to me that’s why I’m late.” Jiyong explained

 

Seeing Jiyong made the Bom, Minzy and CL worry for Dara. “Why, why did he show up now?” Bom whispered to the girls.

 

Jiyong sat beside Teddy. “Hyung, YG-appa said that he need to talk to you. You must come to his office now.” Jiyong informed his hyung.

“Eh? What is it about?” he anxiously asked. He’s been working in YGE for a long already yet going to YG-appa’s office still makes him nervous.

“Unfortunately, he did not tell me.”

“Aish--- well then, just continue this. It’s Dara’s turn.” Teddy quickly stood up and walked out of the room.

Teddy’s instruction left Jiyong dumbfounded.

‘Aish, Teddy-hyung I’ll kill you later!’ Jiyong murmured

Jiyong started pushing some buttons and adjusting some levers. He spoke at mic and said “You can now start.”

Dara started singing her lines. ‘Oh God,  I just can’t look at him’

She finished her lines. “I-Is that okay?”  She asked Jiyong. She tried to avoid his eyes so she looked at the floor.

“Can you repeat the first line and make it softer.” Jiyong instructed.

“Deh” Dara complied. She sang her lines and made sure that it was soft.

“Stop! You're not getting it right."

Dara’s singing suddenly was put into halt. “W-What is it?” she asked

The first part is not good. You need to sing it more naturally.”

“D-deh. I’ll try once more.”

“Okay.”

Dara sang again but Jiyong is not yet satisfied. “Can you sing it again? You’re getting there but still not enough.” Jiyong shoved the mic off his face and then played the music.

“Yah Jiyong~! What’s with you? Can’t you see Dara’s doing her best? Don’t be too hard on her.” Bom angrily exclaimed.

“What? I’m just doing what I’m supposed to do.” Jiyong held microphone “D-Dara, can you sing again?”

“Aish~ Jiyong! You’re such a jerk!” Bom was about to attack Jiyong but CL and Minzy stopped her.

“Calm down unnie.” CL led Bom back to the couch.

“How can I be calm? He’s being a jerk! I can’t let her HURT DARA AGAIN!” Bom emphasized the last three words. She wanted Jiyong to hear it clearly.

**

‘I can do this. He’s just doing his job, nothing personal.’ Dara thought and for the seventh time she started singing again. ‘I hope I got it this time.’

She looked at the girls. ‘What’s with Bom? She looks angry.’ She followed Bom’s stare. ‘She’s angry with Jiyong.’

‘Seems like their bickering.’

Without noticing, she’s been staring at him for quite a while and starting to intensify. ‘What happened to us? I used to love your eyes very dearly. I used to love you before. You give me happiness but now you’re giving me pain.’

Her eyes were fixed on him.  And it surprised her when she heard him say “D-Dara, can you sing again?”

‘Even your voice gives me pain’ She wiped her teary eyes and sang again.

 

She looked at him again.

“Okay, that’s good already.” He said.

 

“Okay” She removed her headphones and hurriedly walked out of the studio.

 

'God, why is he affecting me this badly? '

 

She fished out her phone and dialed Bom’s number. “Umm—Bommie I’ll be going ahead.”

She heard Bom ask something but Dara hang up already.

 

There’s only one place that she wants to go right now.

***

 

“Hyung? You’re here already~ How was your day?” Seungri interrogated

“Aish, Shut up and give me a drink!” Jiyong sat lazily on the couch

“Judging your condition, I bet your day was amazing!” Seungri teased

“Yeah, stupidly amazing!” Jiyong closed his eyes and tried to calm himself

He started calming himself a bit but then he started hearing Bom’s words.

 “HURT DARA AGAIN!”

‘Aish! I didn’t mean to!’

He walked straight to his room and lied on the bed.

‘I didn’t mean to hurt her. I didn’t~

Then Dara’s face flashed back again. ‘Her stare a while ago was really intense.’

He remembered seeing her wipe her eyes.

‘Am I too harsh on her? Why am I feeling guilty all of the sudden? It’s been so long ago! I'm sure she moved on already.’

 

Questions popped non-stop inside his head and these questions need to be answered.

“ARGHH!! I can’t understand!”

 

 

***

Dara reached her destination. She parked her car. She made sure that she’s perfectly covered up.

‘I miss this place~’

She opened the door and walked inside.

Near the counter, she saw the owner. She approached her immediately. “Ahjumma~”

The old lady looked at her. After a few seconds the ahjumma recognized Dara. “OMO~ Dara-sshi!”

“How are you ahjumma? It’s been a long time already.”

The two of them walked towards to usual table where Dara sits.

“I’m fine dear. But what brought you here? Is there a problem?”

Dara sighed. She didn’t answer yet the old lady sensed that she has problem.

“Aigoo, I knew it! Sit down and I’ll prepare you something. I’ll get you a bottle of soju too.”

“Deh, thank you ahjumma~”

 

“Wah, I miss this.” Dara’s food was served already.

“Eat and drink child. I’ll  close this side of the restaurant  so that no one will recognize you and bother you. Ease up a bit, Arasso?” The old lady patted Dara’s head.

“Aigoo, you’re so kind ahjumma.”

“It’s nothing.”

Dara started eating her food and drank soju whole heartedly.

‘I really miss the old times.’ She thought.

This family-owned restaurant became their favorite place way back in high school. She used to eat with her old friends here.

 

Dara finished her second bottle of soju so she asked for another bottle.

“Ahh--- ” She gulped

 

 

‘Aigoo, this is bad. I still have to drive.’ She thought. “Arhgg, my head.”

She closed her eyes and rested her head on the table.

‘This is bad--- but heck I’ll do whatever I want!’

She signaled one of the employees to give her another bottle.

“Thanks~”

 

‘I should drink and forget~ Forget about him! Forget about the pain!’

‘But why am I the only one who’s hurting?’

'It's so unfair. Why am I the only one who's affected?'

'Did he even feel somthing for me or was it a one sided love all along?'

 

 

After a couple of shots her vision started clouding.

“This is bad. Aigoo, I better call the girls.” She whispered. She looked for her phone in her bag.

‘Ah, where could it be?’ She couldn’t find it and her blurry vision is not helping.

 

“Aish, Babo! Hahaha” She slightly slapped herself. ‘Stupid me, it’s here on the table.’

She picked up her phone. She’s about to dial but the phone slipped on her hands.

 

“Aish, where is it now?” She lowered her head and looked for her phone.

“Tsk? What are you looking for? -- Here.”

He handed the phone to her.

“Eh? Who are you?”

Dara looked up and analyzed the blurry figure in front of her.

 

“Hah—tsk, I can’t believe that’s how you treat your old friend.” He sat down next to her

 

Dara shrugged and wiped her eyes.

She blinked a few times then realization hit her, “Where not friends Hae.”

 

“Ouch, I’m deeply hurt---Tsk, you’re a drunkard. I can’t believe a famous idol like you can drink as many as these.”

“Look who’s talking. Here, drink!” Dara gave him a shot.

“Hahaha--”Hae chuckled and picked up the shot glass

“You’re still the same eh.” Hae snatched the bottle of soju from Dara

“You too, still cocky. I don’t know what your fans saw in you.” Dara laughed

“Tss, look at you. You’re not even cute.” Hae messed up Dara’s hair.

“Hey, not the hair! ---Give me more soju~” She demanded

“Enough. You’re drunk already.”

“No, I don’t want what franks. I want soju!” Dara whined

“Tsk, look at you. You’re ears are defective already. I said drunk not franks. Babo”

“Aish, whatever.” Dara rested her head on the table.

 

“Tsk. Aren’t you tired of what you’re doing?” Dong Hae asked her

Dara looked at him and said “What? Of drinking? Of being an idol?”

 

“Babo---- of pretending.” Hae answered. He can’t believe that this girl in front of her can be so stupid sometimes.

“Aren’t you tired of pretending?” He asked one more time.

 

She was shocked. His question hit her. ‘Am I?’

She did not talk. She seemed to lose that ability. She just stared down.

 

“Tsk, Here--- I texted Bom-sshi already. Wait for her. I’ll be going now. Arasso?”

 

“D-deh.”

Hae stood up and put money on the table. “Here, pay for your damage.” He smirked at her.

 

Dara on the other hand couldn’t stop thinking of what Hae told her.

 

‘Arghh--- he’s making my head hurt’

‘Why did he even ask?’

‘What does he mean by that?’

 

 

***

 

 

 

a/n:  Hi everybody, CREY here:)

Hae or Jiyong? Hihihhi. I hope you like it.

 

THANK YOU ALL~ For subscribing and commenting.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK :)

 

[subscribe | comment | upvote]