When You're In Cancer, And You Don't Tell Him

BIGBANG SCENARIOS

[Taeyang]

 

 
[TAEYANG]
 
You work as a make-up artist in YG and Youngbae has been your boyfriend for a long time. But five months ago, you have been diagnosed with cancer and although you love Youngbae so much, you don’t want to see him hurt so you think maybe it’s better if you just break up and he’ll get over you and move on.
 
This is the time; I have to say it… You sigh. 
 
“We should break up.”
 
”What?” He turns to you, shocked. “What do I do? Ya, ____! What’s wrong, maybe we—”
 
You shake you head, sadly smiling at him. “No, Bae… See, you’re a celebrity and I’m just… a normal person. I don’t want to hinder you anymore.”
 
He closes his eyes momentarily and pulls you close to him, tightly hugging you. “Please don’t leave me… We can always talk about it. I-I can’t live without you!”
 
No more hurt, you think, it’s for the better. You push him away and turn to the door. “I’m sorry Bae… goodbye.”
 
————————————————————————
Well, this is the first day of work and I have to say that I miss him already— Aish! What am I thinking?! He deserves someone better… someone who’s healthy.
 
Not me.
 
You enter the YG building and take a deep breath.
 
I have to act like nothing happened yesterday; I doubt that no one even knows…
 
But as you walk into the building, you realize that you spoke to soon. Everyone is looking at you and although your relationship is a secret to the public, it’s already common knowledge that you’re in a relationship with Youngbae inside the YG building.
 
Maybe they do know. Maybe right now, they’re thinking how stupid I was for breaking up with him. Him, the perfect, handsome, talented celebrity. But they don’t know my real reason.
 
They don’t know I have cancer.
 
His heart will break if he knows the truth so for our sake, I’ll just keep it a secret.
 
So this is it, you walk upstairs and open Big Bang’s room. 
 
You can do it; just act like nothing happened and it will be fine
 
“Good morning everyone,” You smile at everyone in the room as you greet them. “How was sleep?”
 
They look at you and smile back but you see Youngbae not moving his head to look at you.
 
”Ah ____,” Jiyong said. “It was good, you?”
 
”Same.”
 
The atmosphere lights up and you find yourself having a chit-chat with everyone when just in the middle of talking Youngbae approaches you, grabs you waist and pulls you to the balcony.
 
“Give me the reason why left me.” He said, you look into his eyes but all you see is anger and worry.
 
”We’re different, Bae. I already—“
 
”No! I know it’s not that! You’re hiding something!”
 
You freeze and you feel your body is paralyzed to the ground. You can’t move. He knows. He knows the truth. You can’t hold your tears back any longer and feel them drop from your eyes.
 
”Yesterday… Jiyong saw you from the hospital. Y-you have cancer?” His voice falters as if he’s about to break down. “That’s all a lie isn’t it? You’re okay, are you?”
 
You are still frozen and you can’t find an answer because this is what you feared the most.
 
”It’s true.”
 
He removes his hold from you and covers his face. “What? Why did you hide it from me?”
 
”Just find a new girl, Bae.”
 
“No! I’ll never leave you – and I won’t let you leave either – from now on, I’ll be by your side 24/7… I’ll stay even when you have your surgery. You’re going to get better, we can get through this, okay?”
 
You look at him, completely shocked. But you realize that you’re in the wrong. You should’ve told him sooner because you can see how breaking up with him would hurt him more. You have no words to say but Youngbae pulls you into a hug and you hug him back and cry.
 
Somehow, this assures you that everything would be alright