Chapter 12

Sweet Talking Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After Yoona was healthy enough to be discharged, Yoona lives with Tiffany and Taeyeon. She can’t live with Seohyun anymore because Seohyun’s parents come from their hometown and will stays for a month. And it’s more convenience for Yoona since she needs to help Tiffany and Taeyeon for the wedding.

 

Knock…Knock…

“Come in…”

Tiffany take a peek to Yoona's room before come inside. The younger girl was sitting on the bed reading her book.

“Oh, unnie…”

“Why aren’t you asleep? You need more resting, Yoong.” Tiffany come closer and sits on the bed.

“I can’t sleep unnie.” Yoona smiled weakly as she closed the book.

“But, you’re not fully recovered.” Tiffany says worriedly.

“I’m okay unnie, don’t worry…” Yoona still remains to smile.

“When are you going to have a pregnancy leave from your work?”

“I've thought about it, and I will take it soon. I need a break from everything...”

“Yes, you should take it soon. I don’t want you to get too tired Yoong. Your baby needs to be relaxed too.” Tiffany Yoona’s baby bump gently.

Since Yoona live with Taeyeon and Tiffany, she never wants to talk about Yuri or mention about Yuri. Tiffany has never tried to ask or discuss about the problems between the two. Because she knows, it's just going to be more burdening Yoona, even though she exactly knows Yoona always spend time in her room cried over Yuri.

 

*

*

 

“Hey Fany!” Jessica stands on Tiffany’s office doorstep while holding a bouquet of flowers.

Tiffany turns away from her laptop to look at Jessica.

“Again?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

“Yes,” Jessica puts the bouquet on the floor, now Tiffany’s room much like a flower garden in Netherlands.

“Who’s sending all of this?” Tiffany asks in curiosity.

“The courier won’t say anything. He just left it on the front door,”

“It’s so weird...”

“How about Taeyeon?” Jessica asks.

Tiffany let out soft chuckles, “She won’t do it. I know her.”

“If it’s not Taeyeon, this person must be brave enough to put in interest to someone’s fiancé, you should be careful Fany,” Jessica warned before walks out from Tiffany’s office.

Tiffany thinks Jessica had a point. But she chooses to not thinking of anything except the preparation for her wedding, even though there are still a few months ahead, but she still feels nervous about it.

 

*

*

 

Jessica was on calling with a client when someone steps inside their boutique.

“Yes, Mrs. Lee I’ll send the summer catalogue by this afternoon,” Jessica eyes suddenly widen in surprised at someone standing in front of her, “Ummm…I’ll talk to you later, Mrs. Lee,” Jessica hang up the phone.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica says coldly.

“I think I’m not so welcomed here,”

“Jess, did you called-“ Tiffany about walks out from her office when suddenly froze as she sees someone standing in front of Jessica.

“Nick?”

“Hi, Tiff.” Nick smiles nervously.

Tiffany can’t believe her eyes as she shakes her head to get back her senses. She walks closer to Nick.

“What are you doing here?” Tiffany asks.

“Am I really not welcomed here?” Nick smiles awkwardly.

“No…No…, I’m just… surprised,” Tiffany stuttered.

Nick laughed softly, before continue talking “Do you like the flowers?”

Tiffany turns her head to look back at her office room, and quickly turn to face Nick again “Ahh..yes, thank you.”

“Whyi’mnotsurprised” Jessica mumbles under her breaths.

“Hmmm…are you busy?” Nick asks hesitantly.

“Hmmm, not really.”

“Let’s go get some coffee,” Nick invites Tiffany.

Tiffany turn to Jessica that already has a disapprove face to her.

Tiffany ignores a warning look from Jessica, she decided to take a risk, “Jess, I’ll be back in an hour, are you okay to handle it by yourself?”

“Just go…” Jessica says coldly.

 

*

*

 

Tiffany looked out the café window as she waiting for Nick with their coffee. While her mind was completely get back to the past.

 

*Flashback*

“I’m sorry Tiff, I can’t do this anymore.”

“Why Nick?”

“I have my dream, being a professional basketball player was my dream since I was a kid,”

“But, you can be a professional player in Korea, come back to Korea with me Nick?”

“No, Tiff you don’t understand. My parents already pay for my tuition and for me being trained here. I can’t go back to Korea with you. I can’t lose my chance here.”

“Is this really what you want Nick?”

“Yes, definitely.”

Tiffany can’t believe Nick’s decision. But from Nick’s answer she realized there’s no point to hold someone that don’t want to be held anymore.

“Then, good luck.” Tiffany says coldly before walk away from Nick.

*End of Flashback*

 

“Hey…” Nick handed Tiffany her coffee cup.

Tiffany smiles as she takes the coffee cup from Nick.

“It’s your favorite,” Nick says confidently.

Tiffany takes a look to her coffee, “Ummm thanks,”

“How are you Tiff?”

Nick smiles sweetly at Tiffany. It was the same smile that Tiffany had fallen for Nick, but the same smile that finally she used to forget it.

“I’m good,”

“Yeah, I can see that. Finally you have your own boutique it's your dream since high school, right? I’m happy for you Tiff,” Nick smiles sincerely.

“Thank you. Ummm… I heard you had been contracted with national basketball team in New York. Congratulations,” Tiffany smiles for courtesy.

“Ahh, yes... Sooyoung and Hyoyeon came to my tournament when they’re in New York for their business trip with Yuri,”

“Ohh…” Tiffany says nonchalantly. She was stirring her coffee as she has no intention to look at Nick.

Then they both drink their coffee in awkward silent.

Nick and the girls were close frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter