two

All I Wanted Was..

I stared at the piece of paper that was handed to me last period. I stared at it as I walked through the hall of the school. My presence just radiated annoyance. My class schedule all of a sudden was changed because the class I was previously enrolled in needed more space for the gifted 1st years. Seriously? Even though that class was only an elective, I got pushed out by a bunch of smarty pants first years But I'd be lying if I said that was the only reason why I was annoyed. I had a number of reasons. First was getting pushed out. Second, my new elective class is a class I've already taken back when I was a first year, so I'm basically retaking a class I already passed. Third, this new class was on the other side of the school where there wasn't even any heating because the class was in a portable room. The room the class was previously in is currently under construction so it's been moved into a temporary room (along with others) in the school parking lot. Fourth, and most importantly of all, the class I was "kicked" out of was ethics which meant, I had one less class with Jungkook.

I slowed my pace when I came to face with the school parking lot and the portable classrooms next to it. My foot cautiously stepped onto the pavement and I sighed. 

Just when we were starting to get closer, too

Over the past two weeks, since Jungkook acknowledged my presence, we talked more often in that class. When there were group discussions Jungkook always invited me to join his group. Every now and then I declined and went with my girl friends; I didn't want to seem eager to be with him all the time (even though those 10 minutes of discussion were some of the most delightful times in the day). Because of the schedule change, I wouldn't even get to see him this period, let alone let him know I was no longer in the same class as him. 

I sighed again when I reached the door knob to the class. I turned it and let myself in. The teacher didn't pay much attention to my entrance and just waited until the late bell rang to take attendance. Apparently there was no assigned seating judging from everyone sitting with their friends. Being the quiet, awkward turtle I was, I sat by myself. I didn't really care; I could get through this class like a breeze since I took it once already. 

The bell rang and the teacher stood up from his comfortable position and grabbed a clipboard off his desk. 

"Good afternoon class. Welcome to Health 101. You must think it's weird that I said what I did on the first day of school, and that's because we have a new student. Please introduce yourself to the front." Obviously he meant me. I strolled up to the front ready to just say my name and get this over with. 

"Hi, my name is Haemi. Please take care of me." I quickly ended with a short bow. Right when I was about to walk off the teacher stopped me. 

"State your year please, Haemi-sshi." I took a step back and nodded to him. 
"4th year." I stated. At the back of the class was a snort that made everyone look to that person. 

"Park Jimin, I wouldn't be laughing considering before this day you were the only 4th year in this class." The class snickered at the teacher's diss. Oh, the class is full of first and second years by the way. Health is a required course to take before graduation which is why I took it when I was a first year just like all these other students. It only lasts for one semester, but of course, failure means repeating it. 

"And now you have a friend." The teacher ended. Jimin rolled his eyes and sat back in his seat, giving the teacher a rebellious stare. The teacher just waved the pencil in his hand directly at Jimin sending him warnings. Not like he cared. 

As I walked back to my seat I accidentally caught Jimin's eyes. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow like he caught me staring at him. I immediately looked away. 
What a weirdo. He probably thought I was staring at him. I scoffed silently to myself and rolled my eyes. As if. 



At the end of class I blended with the rest of the crowd to leave the parking lot. When I left the gates I saw Jaehwa coming from my right. I waved over to her until she saw me. 

"You have a class there now?" Jaehwa asked when she noticed. I nodded in a deflated way. She told me her language arts class was right around the corner of my health class. I felt happier to know I wasn't alone in that desolate parking lot. 


"So what happened to the ethics class? Did you drop it?" Jaehwa asked as she exchanged books in her locker. I leaned against the wall of lockers next to hers. 
"No. My councilor said they needed more room for those privileged first years and kicked me out. Now I'm stuck with health again for a semester." Jaehwa held out her hand for my binder and book to put in the locker we shared. Only when Jaehwa closed the door to the locker she realized: 
"Ah that means you only have one class with Jungkook now." My head fell on Jaehwa's shoulder when I nodded. She sighed lightly with a giggle and rubbed my back. 
"It's okay. You can still sit with him at lunch." She tried to cheer me up. My mouth uncontrollably curled upwards at her comment. 
"I guess." I tried to sound sad but to no avail. Jaehwa laughed at her success and pulled me to the lunch lines. 

"Why don't you just share lunches with Yoongi?" I asked Jaehwa who was behind me as we waited in line. Jaehwa slapped my shoulder, making me to turn to her.
"Yah, I wouldn't do that to him. He's hungry too you know." I laughed at her weird character. Usually Jaehwa was one to eat and love anyone who gave her food. 
"Isn't that what boyfriends are for? To buy you food?" I laughed at her. Jaehwa pouted and looked somewhere else. 
"Only when we go out.." She mumbled. I shook my head at her predictability. I turned to move up next in line until someone blocked my way. 

"Excuse me." He said. But when he said it, he made his way to cut right in front of me. My mouth hung open at the guy's boldness, but mostly because of his rudeness. I looked back at Jaehwa who wore the same expression as me. 

"Yah! Park Jimin you jerk! You just cut us!" Jaehwa yelled loud enough for the guy in front of me to hear. By the time he responded he had already gotten his lunch. He turned to both of us and just shrugged his shoulder with a condescending smile plastered on his lips. 

"Sorry noona." He said patronizingly. I heard Jaehwa in a breath behind me. 

"Aish, Park Jimin that piece of-"
"Jaehwa," I stopped her before she would get a look from the lunch lady waiting to give Jaehwa her lunch. Jaehwa made a 180 change and put on a smile for the lady before taking the lunch. She said her 'thank you' and hurried over to me. 

"Don't worry Haemi. I'll get him when we sit down." Jaehwa said. I laughed and told her to calm down. All while mentioning this was the second time he showed up before me. I told her Jimin was also in my health class, and the only other fourth year at that. 

"Ha! What an idiot. He failed again?" Jaehwa laughed incredulously. I snuck a nervous look at her and grinned to myself. Angry Jaehwa is a scary Jaehwa. I noted to myself. 


We sat on other sides of the table again. Me next to Taehyung, who greeted me brightly like any other day, and Jaehwa with her boyfriend. The spot next to me was empty when Jungkook wasn't there. I didn't want to ask anybody in case I gave anything away. Across from me was Jimin who ate his food and laughed with his hyungs like he was some king. I decided to ignore him just like Jaehwa now and just talk to Taehyung and Jin. 

Taehyung was talking about lions for a while. He was like an encyclopedia about lions. Jin chimed in every now and then to get Taehyung to stop, saying no one cared, but then Taehyung would whine and turn on his aegyo. Jin always fell for it easily. He would roll his eyes and push Taehyung's head over, messing up his hair, and getting him to flash his squarish smile. I laughed and left the two to bicker and took a scoop of meat and rice into my mouth. 

"Hey!" Someone suddenly bumped into my side, causing me to push Taehyung and then causing him to push Jin like a row of dominoes. 
"Ah, sorry hyung." Jungkook apologized but then quickly turned his attention back to me. "Where were you today? I thought you were absent or something." Jungkook asked. I took a moment to chew what I had in my mouth and comprehend what was going on. Jungkook was looking for me? I shook the hopeful thought out of my head and prevented myself from thinking too much of it. Friends wonder where friends are. That's normal, Haemi. Wait, Jungkook and I are friends now right? 

"Uh yeah. I got a schedule change today. Right after fourth period." I said after swallowing. Jungkook scrunched up his lips (a cute sight by the way) and nodded. 
"No wonder. That . What did you get switched to?" I told him I got switched into health and all of a sudden there was an uproar of laughter at the table. 

"You're in the same class as Jimin? Ha! Oh man do I feel bad for you Haemi-sshi." Hoseok laughed like a hyena and held his stomach. I glanced at Jimin who was laughing mockingly at his hyung. For the second time today, he caught me. 

"Hey stop sneaking glances at me. I know I'm handsome but you have to get in line." He smirked. Everyone at the table scoffed like it was a normal thing, even Jaehwa who rolled her eyes in annoyance before stabbing back into her food. 

"Huh? You know what a line is? I couldn't have guessed from how you acted in the lunch line today." The words blurted out of my mouth. Now everyone was silent with their attention on us two. Jimin cocked an eyebrow and curled the end of this lips. When he didn't say anything I continued. 

"By the way, 'excuse me' doesn't mean you can just move in front of someone thinking it's okay just because you said it. Learn how to use the words you say correctly before you actually say them in public and embarrass yourself." 

The table was quiet for a second, all the eyes shifting from me to Jimin. Then everyone clapped, cheered, and "OH-ed!" at what I had just done. 

What did I just do? All of a sudden the words blurted out from my mouth as they came to my head. I've never said things like that out loud. Well, maybe to Hyerin but I'd feel guilty right away no matter how right I was, because she was my younger sister. But when I said it to Jimin, the words just came flowing out and I felt really good. I mean really good. Not to mention the sarcastic tone and attitude that came along with it; the icing on the cake.

Everyone at the table was laughing and even Jimin's youngers were pointing at him and his speechlessness. Taehyung put his arm around my shoulder and shook me to congratulate me. Even Jungkook was laughing but not as maniacally as Taehyung and Hoseok. 


Lunch ended and the routine continued. Jungkook said he'd see me later at econ class, which was our last class of the day together. Before I left, Jimin purposely walked in front of me, almost making me trip on my own feet. 

"Oh sorry. But you know, not really." 
He left before I could snap back at him. 

I didn't spare him the glare this time since he always happened to catch me and say something about it. I let out a deep breath and just walked away. 

Immature much?

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments? Feedback is nice guys, any at all; considering this is my first bts fic. I'd like to hear from you ^-^

DID YOU GUYS WATCH JUST ONE DAY?! OMGASDFGHJKL

I've been on BTS fever for the past few so ASDFGHJKL jungkook was so cute ugh why you aren't even my bias