eleven

All I Wanted Was..

"He just left?"
"Yeah. He took all the stuff for the project and left in a hurry." A crunch on the other end of the line. 
"Sho what? Maybe he had to go somewhere or shomthing." I walked into the kitchen with the phone to my ear in thought. There were cookies on the table and I took one. 
"Yeah but, he seemed pretty mad when he left." Jaehwa hummed or maybe she was just drinking something. 

 

"What did he say?" 
"He was like, 'Don't worry about it. I'll see you tomorrow.'" Jaehwa started bursting out in laughter after hearing my imitation of Jungkook. 
"Is that what Jungkook sounds like?" She half-yelled into the earpiece. My eyes narrowed to slits when she made fun of me, not that she could see either way. 
"Shut up! I tried okay! So what is that supposed to mean? Is he mad?" 
"Oh yeah definitely." Jaehwa answered without the slightest of hesitation. "He's mad. Did you say anything to him before that?" Nothing came to my mind. We were just texting a few feet from each other. I looked into our conversation again and couldn't find any conflict. 
"Not that I know of. I mean, we were just texting for a bit then he had to leave all of a sudden." 
"What was the text conversation about?" 
"Nothing important." We both remained silent for a moment, trying to solve the mystery. After maybe a minute or so we resumed. 
"Then I guess all you could do is wait until tomorrow to ask him." I sighed and fell back first on the lounge chair - Hyerin's lounge chair to be more specific. But I didn't care what she'd say right now. 
"I guess." 

The front door opened and Hyerin came stomping in. Literally stomping. Speak of the devil.

"Hi Hyerin." I greeted her with my normal sisterly attitude. She glared at me then jogged up the stairs to her room. Well then. 
"Hyerin just came home?" Jaehwa asked. 
"Yeah. She seemed pretty pissed." 
"Who cares." I started laughing at that. Jaehwa talked about Hyerin like she was her own sister; it was funny how she would say if she really was Hyerin's sister she'd be "beating her up" whenever Hyerin gave her attitude. I'm sure Hyerin wouldn't be the way she is now if Jaehwa and she really were related...

"Hey so can I say something really fast?" Jaehwa's serious tone made me nervous. Usually when we started of conversations like that, it was via LINE. So hearing her voice utter those words not only made my worry heighten but filled my stomach with butterflies, the scary kind. 

"So, you know how that one day I told you to confess to Jungkook when we ate lunch with all of them? I'm sorry for pressuring you like that. I knew you guys didn't know each other well but I still told you to confess. After a while I didn't care when you confessed because I saw the two of you getting close. I thought then that it didn't matter when you revealed your feelings because by then Jungkook would be cool with it because of how close you guys were. And maybe he'd return your feelings I don't know. Jungkook's that kind of guy you know? He's like a little kid who doesn't hold anything against people and is comfortable right away. So yeah. Sorry for putting you on the spot like that." 

It probably took a minute for all her words to sink in. I had no answer for her really. 

"It's fine. I wasn't going to confess straight out anyway. Then can I admit something, too?" When Jaehwa gave me the 'okay' I told her about Jungkook confessing to me. How it happened two days ago and that I didn't tell anyone. I apologized for not letting her know right after it happened. 
"No way?! So what did you say?" Jaehwa's curiosity came out. 
"I told him I'd tell him later..." My voice came out smaller and quieter that I expected it to when I said it. Her surprise was actually unexpected on my part; I thought Yoongi would have told her by now.
"You haven't answered him yet?! Dude..." Her voice fell dangerously low at the last moment. "Hyemi, you are torturing that poor boy the longer you wait. Imagine how he must feel having to wonder what you're going to say. And the fact that you told him you'd tell him later just gives him the idea that you already thought about rejecting him!" 

I rolled around on the couch in both frustration and guilt. Whining into the phone without an idea what to say or do, Jaehwa spoke for me. 

"Hey, calm down. You just need to talk to Jungkook tomorrow. And give him an answer. I know I just said I was sorry for pressuring you but this is completely different. Have you thought about what your answer is? You can't have been wallowing around for two days without a thought." I picked my head up off the couch pillow and blew it's ruffled away from my mouth. 
"Yeah I did. And you're right. I'll tell him tomorrow for sure." I told surprisingly calm. 
"Good. Hey I've got to eat dinner. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" 
"Yeah. See ya." 

The truth was I had the answer all along and never accepted it for myself.

 

 

 

 

 


sorry it's short >.<

heyyy so can you guys help me out by clicking on this link? http://bit.ly/1rWjaHs It's for a contest to win an autographed BTS album :)

You guys can join too! We all love BTS right? :D Thanks a bunch! I love you all~~