Chapter Six

Expensive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six: 

                     Unwanted Thoughts

Aeri POV

After witnessing Jangmi’s incident, we finished arranging the rooms. It was hilarious seeing Jangmi getting all worked up every time I glanced at her or when she got near the younger brother. After a few more moving of furniture and some nervous looks here and there, everything looked pretty nice. It looked like an apartment arranged for two young men. The whole place literally screamed “bachelor pad”. Most of the furniture was black...and gray tones...it was very bland but it had style (thanks to Jangmi and me). I was doing the finishing touches on a window when Joonmyun went to help me put the last curtain. I looked up at him and smiled. “Thanks.”

He looked at me and smiled back. Once again, I was a blushing monster. Damn, this boy...and that smile of his...it’s just so...gosh! What’s wrong with me?! “You’re very welcome. Is that all there is? Are we done?”

“Yes, I think we are…” I looked around, trying to look for any boxes who still hadn’t been emptied.

“Ah! That’s great!” he lifted his arms in the air in celebration and it was hard not to laugh at him.

“What? What’s so funny?” he stared at me confused.

“Nothing…” I said between giggles. Just when he was about to say something, I heard a sound...it was a sound I’ve heard before...coming from my Jangmi every time she was…

Ah…

I turned to him and asked. “Um, are you...hungry?”

“Ah!” he laughed nervously as he was clutching his stomach.

“Um...I...well, we haven’t eaten since one o'clock…” I looked at the watch on my wrist. It read 7:30 p.m.

“Guess it’s time for you two to have dinner…um…make that three.” I smiled kindly, like a mother would to her hungry kid. “I’ll cook.”

“T-Thanks…” he said shyly. I giggled at his reaction and went to the kitchen. He followed me and watched me closely. “Um...do...you need any help?”

“If you want to…” I replied as I washed carefully the rice.

“Unnie, what are you making?” Jangmi stood beside me as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I smiled at her.

“Not sure yet…”

“Hmm…how about...” she hummed.

“How about you go ahead and attack the fridge.” I whispered to her, winking.

Jangmi catched the hint immediately and went over to the fridge, whistling happily. She opened the fridge and saw that they had indeed done some grocery shopping. She checked the freezer and looked carefully what they had. “There’s pork...chicken...ooh! They bought dumplings!” Jangmi continued babbling. I see Joonmyun also going to the fridge. “Are you looking for something specific?” he asks startling Jangmi a bit.

“Ah! I know what we’ll be making! Let’s do chinese food!” I interrupted before Jangmi could reply to Joonmyun.

“Then, do you want me to cut some onions and peppers for you?” Jangmi asked with vegetables in hand.

“Sure, you cut the peppers. Joonmyun, cut the onions.”

“Is there something I can help with?” asks Yixing out of the blue.

"Here, take this.” Jangmi handles him the dumplings. “Heat some water to boil them later.” Yixing nodded as he went to look for a saucepan.

I put the rice to cook and set the time in the rice cooker. I went to the freezer to get the pork and walked back to the sink. Once I started cleaning the pork and cutting it, I was concentrated in what I was doing. “Ah!~” I turned to my right side and see Joonmyun with his hands on his eyes. He rubs them furiously and see him turning to me, he walks slowly my way while holding his arms in front of him. “What’s wrong?!” I asked worried.

“I can’t see!”

He probably got some onion juice in his eyes. “Here, let me check!” I hold him by the wrists and pulled him a bit closer to me so I could take a look. I looked at his face carefully. I see his eyes are tightly shut...his nose is a bit red...his lips are...Wait! What the hell am I thinking?! I shook my head and tried to focus again. “Try opening your eyes...slowly…” I whispered to him. He obeyed. His eyes were blood-shot and I instantly pitied him. Then he shut his eyes again.

“Ah! It stings!” I stifled a giggle.

“I know...I know…”

“Don’t laugh at me!” he pouted cutely.

I stared at his lips once again...What is this?! I really need to stop! Aeri, get your mind off the gutter! Off! The! Gutter! Once again, I shook my head and reached for a towel. I the sink and damped the towel with a bit of water. “Here,” I put the towel in his eyes and tried to wipe the juices off. “Okay, now open your eyes.” and so he did. They still looked a bit red but he could properly open them this time, he even blinked several times.

“Better?” I smiled.

“Much better, thanks…” he smiled. Please do not stare at his lips, please do not stare at his lips. I stare at his lips. Damn! But I quickly looked up at him. “You’re very welcome!”

He went back to cutting the onions while I started seasoning the pork. I could feel someone staring at my back. I slowly turned my head to see both Jangmi and Yixing staring at me. Jangmi had a very humorous face...like she was trying so hard not to burst out laughing right then and there. In fact, she was trying so hard, you could see her face was turning a shade of pink. Yixing just smiled at me like a lost boy. He was a cute kid but seriously...out of the two of them, he was the least I could understand...yes, he was very handsome...but weird...I decided to smile back at him and turned around again to continue what I was doing.

---

Half an hour later, all the dishes were done and set in the brand new dining table for four, that Joonmyun and Yixing bought. We sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter