Chapter Four

Expensive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four: 

                     Back To The Routine

Aeri POV

We were quite shocked on how those bodyguards took away the brothers but we had to go on with our lives. I was just glad they left the house. If something like what happened yesterday happened again, I don’t know how I would have reacted. I saw the clock and it was time to wake Jangmi up. She may be a light sleeper but when it comes to getting up early, she gets difficult. I entered her room and the light. As soon as I did, she covered herself with the blankets and I knew this was gonna be like any other day. “Mimi-ah, you have to get up.” I started pulling the blanket. “Just five more minutes, unnie...” she groaned. “You don’t have five minutes. Get out of bed, now!” I said in a tone she knew very well. Jangmi groaned a bit more and got up. “I hate Mondays!” she said before closing the door to the bathroom. I just rolled my eyes and went to prepare breakfast. She always says that so I just ignore her. When she got out and got dressed, we ate breakfast and went to the university.

---

We arrived and went our separate ways. Jangmi studied literature and I studied education. Our buildings where in opposite directions so, we just saw each other at lunch and when we got out. I was engrossed on my thoughts when I heard someone calling for me. I turned around and saw my friend Hyejin. “What’s up with you, Aeri? I had been calling you for a while.” “Sorry about that, I was just thinking about work.” “You shouldn’t work so much and go out a bit more.” she winked at me. I just rolled my eyes “I know what you mean and I told you it’s not gonna happen.” she just giggled at my comment and we went to class.

I met Hyejin from day one when we took our first class together. She’s already finishing her degree and I’m still taking some of the classes she already passed. I don’t take as much classes as her because of work. I don’t want Jangmi to work so much so, I study less and I let her focus on her studies. My Jangmi is young so I want to shelter her from what I’ve gone through as much as possible.

Classes went on like always, some topics caught my attention but others were just boring. I started calculating the rent for the next couple of months. Even though those guys gave us money, I didn’t want to take any chances. When I went to the fridge yesterday, there wasn’t much left so I had to use some of that money for grocery shopping. How can two guys eat so much? That could’ve lasted for about a month with the way Jangmi and I eat.

The professor dismissed the class and Hyejin had to nudge me so I would look at her. “Are you coming or not? I’m hungry as hell.” “Oh right, we have to meet Jangmi at the lounge.” We went out the classroom and on our way, as always; we found Jangmi and her two friends, Minyeon and Haeyeon. “Hi Aeri unnie!” said both girls at the same time. They are twins so when they do that at the same time it looks kinda scary but at the same time hilarious. “Hey girls! You okay?” they nodded at me and smiled. I smiled back and we went to sit in the cafeteria.

As always, as soon as we settled in a table, the twins started talking about a story they read. They are obsessed with love and romantic stuff. “… and then the guy pulled her by the wrist and hugged her tightly. They looked at each other and finally kissed. It was the perfect ending.” Minyeon shrieked at her own comment and started giggling with her sister. “You should read it, unnie!” Haeyeon looked at me smiling. “It’s not necessary. You already told me the ending and I can already imagine what happened in between.” I said uninterested on the topic. “Unnie!~~” both girls said at the same time. “Come on, don’t be like that!” said Haeyeon. “If you went out more, you would see how romantic this is and you would read it!” I saw Jangmi nodding at their comment. Now she was gonna start again with the topic.

I was going to say something when I heard both twins shriek of excitement. We all turned around and saw them: Sehun and Luhan. Every time these girls see them, they start acting like little girls and can’t stop talking about them. “Did you see how he looks today? Luhan oppa looks hotter than yesterday!” said Minyeon while staring dreamily at him. “That’s so true and Sehun oppa more handsome than an hour ago. How does he do it?!” said Haeyeon leaning on her hand while watching him. They both sighed. “If you like them so much, why don’t you talk to them?” I asked. “Are you crazy, unnie?!” both girls said at the same time. “Why wouldn’t you? If you like them, you should go for it!” said Hyejin. Both girls just got nervous and we started laughing at them.

Both guys were passing by when we were laughing and I thought to myself 'this is payback time'. “Hey guys, how are you?” I asked. I took some basic courses with both of them so I kinda knew them. When I talked to them, the twins started getting more nervous and I could see Jangmi and Hyejin trying to hold their laughter. “Hi noona.” said Sehun. “How’ve you been?” asked Luhan. “Oh you know; working and stuff.” I smiled and looked at the twins who had their heads buried in their hands because of the embarrassment. “Well, don’t overexert yourself, noona. We’ll visit you at the ramen shop during this week.” both boys looked at the gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter