Chapter Nine

Expensive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Nine: 

                     Courage To Confess

Jangmi POV

I was so happy for my unnie. When she finally came out of the house she was wearing a beautiful dress. That caught my attention first but then...something else...Joonmyun oppa had his hand around her waist and...they were laughing and smiling at each other. I didn’t need to ask her to know what happened. When we finally arrived to the apartment, Joonmyun oppa even said goodbye on the door and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She was blushing and excited at the same time. You’re the best Joonmyun oppa.

Yixing also came to say goodbye. He gave me a half hug and whispered to me: “Don’t believe a word Minhee said. You are not filth.” he flashed me that beautiful dimple smile of his and…Oh God! I can’t believe I’m thinking this. Something is seriously wrong with me!” I just smiled back and felt my flushed face. When they left, we were finally able to take a breather from this night that I wish we could forget...at least most of it.

--

It had been two days since the party. Unnie didn’t study today because of work but I did. I swear, when will she let me help her more? I was at the cafeteria with the twins, Haeyeon and Minyeon. I told them about our last encounters with the brothers. I mean...it’s not like I wanted too...they just...had to know. They love a good love story or whatever. I was almost done with the story and they were immersed in it, they looked so funny and cute when they’re quiet and just listening. Well, that is until…

“That is so romantic!” both of them shrieked and half the student body turned to look at us.

“Girls…” I pleaded. “Could you please…like...keep it down.” I said a bit menacingly at the end.

“Ohh, come on Jangmi-ah…” said Haeyeon.

“How do you expect us to control ourselves at so much romance?!” continued Minyeon.

“Yeah, I know you can’t control yourselves but you better start or else...I won’t tell you anything else.” I teased.

“Jangmi-ah~~!” both girls protested in unison. I just laughed at their silliness.

I know this girls almost since we started college. I met Minyeon first and then I met Haeyeon when she changed concentrations. At first I thought I was seeing double when I saw them together but I quickly was able to tell them apart. I think that’s how we became friends so easily. They were tired of being confused with the other and I didn’t had a problem with differentiating them. I guess when you live with more than twenty children in an orphanage, you learn to observe everyone and find how different they are. Also, once I met a pair of twins and, while playing with them, I learned to look for differences in their features. Since I had met Minyeon before, telling her apart from Haeyeon was a piece of cake. I smiled remembering those first days. We’ve been inseparable since then.

“So Jangmi-ah, when are you gonna confess to Yixing?” Haeyeon asked out of nowhere.

“What?!” I looked at her shocked. “Why would I do that?!”

“Oh, don’t play dumb. We know you like him. It’s all over you face!” Minyeon laughed.

“It’s not!” I said a bit too loud. “Sorry…” I said to a couple of people on the table next to us. “Where did you get that idea?”

“Oh Jangmi-ah, you’re clueless that not even you know your own feelings. Come on...from what you’ve told us, you’re head over heels for this guy.” said Haeyeon.

“What are you talking about? I mean…I’ve ne-never talked much with a boy so...this reactions are...normal.” I said a bit nervous. Why am I nervous? Oh God…! I’m gonna go crazy!

“And something else...that boy is also interested in you and you know it!” Minyeon beamed.

“Wait, one thing is speculating about me but him? I don’t think he sees me like that…” Although… No! What am I thinking? Snap out of it, Jangmi! I brushed off that thought… “He just cares like a big brother, you know. He’s like that.” I tried explaining.

“Oh right…” both twins said incredulous. “A big brother would try to ki--” I quickly covered Minyeon’s mouth. I could feel myself blush as she started saying that. Just thinking about it made me blush, I certainly didn’t want to hear it out loud.

“Seriously, you should just go up to him and tell him I like you or scream it or whatever. I know you’re dying to do it...” Haeyeon made me blush with her comment. I really wanted to kill them both.

I was gonna say something but we heard a commotion coming from the entrance. There were only two people who could make such a ruckus and that would make the twins forget all about me…Sehun and Luhan were entering the cafeteria. The soccer team had won the championship so, many girls were screaming for them and the guys were celebrating. They were sitting there talking and eating while the girls were just drooling over them.

“They are so awesome!” both said.

“When those two are in sight, you girls are funnier than ever!” I laughed at their expressions.

“Well, that’s the power of love!” Haeyeon giggled.

“So, speaking of love...” said Minyeon “Will you confess to Yixing?”

“I thought we already decided this. I don’t like him like that and neither does he.” I was starting to regret telling them this.

“Jangmi-ah, you’re fooling yourself if you think you don’t like him.” said Haeyeon.

“At least I accept I like Luhan oppa.” said Minyeon. “and Haeyeon, Sehun oppa. You should do the same.”

“You’re telling me to scream it or whatever but you girls don’t follow your own advice!” I said defensively.

“Well…” Minyeon trailed off.

“Make you a deal. Tell them you like them, then I will tell Yixing I do too.”

“Jangmi-ah~~! That is so not fair. How do you expect us to do that?!” Haeyeon said.

“You’re the worst, Jangmi!” Minyeon pouted. I laughed at them. I knew they weren’t going to do it. They were silent after that.

--

“Okay! If that’s what it takes then…” Minyeon got up from the chair, got on top of the table and... “Luhan oppaaa!!!!” he turned our way a bit surprised. “I like you soo soo much!!!! You have no idea!" I could see him blush furiously.

"Sehun oppaaaa!” Haeyeon did the same and made him look our way. “I’ve liked you ever since I saw you! I thought you were so cute and handsome!" both of them were so caught off guard and where blushing so much.

I was shocked...the twins did it...Oh God! Now I had to do it. The girls were laughing so much. I was still looking the guys’ way and I saw something I didn’t expect. First it was Luhan, he looked directly at Minyeon and urged her to come to him with a smile. Sehun did the same and with just a gesture he made Haeyeon go to him.

“Now it’s your turn!” said Minyeon winking at me.

“Next time we see each other, you better have some good news!” Haeyeon smiled teasingly.

I looked as they approached the guys and each of them exchanged a couple of words. As both boys hugged them, there was an uproar with boys whistling all over the place and some girls screaming. After that, they got out of the cafeteria. The girls looked at me one last time and winked as they got out. I was in big trouble now. How the hell was I going to tell him? I do like him but...Ugh! What if he…didn’t like me back? This is so frustrating!

--

I had to get my mind off this matter for now. It was time for my last class so I couldn’t be thinking about this. When I got to our building, the twins were talking with Luhan and Sehun near our classroom. I may be a bit pissed but at the same time I’m glad for them. They finally said it. And they looked happy. Who would’ve thought that the guys liked them back. I wonder since when did they liked the twins. It will be an interesting question to ask later. I saw them say goodbye with a hug and the twins came my way grinning from ear to ear. I couldn’t contain a smile either.

Class went on like always and the twins were in La-La Land. The professor had to ask Haeyeon something twice before she knew he was talking to her. I almost couldn’t contain a giggle. Then, Minyeon...what am I going to do with you two? She looked at the professor with a lost look. She started rambling about who knows what and the class started to laugh really hard. The professor just gave up with them and continued the lecture.

“That’s all for today class. Remember your papers for next week.” the professor looked at the twins. “Next time ladies, come down from the clouds before entering the classroom or don’t enter at all.” he sounded pissed but he was always grumpy so we all ignored him.

“You girls are really hopeless.” I told them as we got out.

“What did you expect from us?!” said Minyeon.

“Yeah…I mean...I can’t stop thinking about Sehun oppa and the things he told me.” Haeyeon shriek at the thought. I really didn’t want to know what he told her if it’s gonna make you act stupid.

“Oh…and my Luhan oppa...he is so dreamy. He said he liked me since first year but he didn’t dare talk to me. He is so shy.” Minyeon giggled. “I think I fell in love all over again.”

“How about we get out of here before you draw more attention to yourselves.” people were starting to stare so...you know what that means.

We continued talking on our way out the building and the girls shrieked when they saw the guys waiting for them outside. Guess this was gonna become a common thing.

“Minyeon-ah, did you miss me? I know I did.” Luhan smiled. Minyeon was blushing so much.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you either, Haeyeon-ah.” Sehun laid his arm over her shoulder. Another one blushing furiously.

“Well, Jangmi-ah, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter