Chapter One

Expensive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One: 

                     Unexpected Meeting

Jangmi POV

"Mimi-ah! Take this to table four, please!" Aeri said loud enough for me to hear her between the chaos. It was crowdy today...maybe too crowdy. Was it because Aeri was the one making the ramen today since the chef called in sick?

My Aeri, maybe she tries to hide it or doesn't really notice it but...she is quite popular...especially with the boys. But she says she doesn't have time for that. She has to study, go to work and take care of me and the apartment. I have told her a gazillion times she doesn't need to take care of me, I am no longer five years old! But that brat thinks I'm still peeing in my pants...sigh...I'll let her be, there is no way I'll be fighting a war that I've already lost.

I went up to her and took the bowl of ramen and smiled at her as she does too, then goes back to kneading the dough. I carefully placed the bowl on the table and smiled down at the old lady. "Ahjumma, here's your ramen. I hope you like it!" "Oh, thank you!" I bowed to her and turned to leave and take more orders...

---

It went like that for the next two hours. People came and went without stopping, Aeri's face was so concentrated and her face was all covered with flour. She looked kind of cute and I bet some guys thought so too...ah! I see that one on table seven checking her out...is he blushing?! Oh dear God! That's hilarious! "Agassi!" someone called at me. It was a new table...well, I better keep working...

---

Finally, an hour later...it slowed down. And my Aeri could take a breather. She looked exhausted sitting in that chair. I went up to her with a worried look on my face. "Unnie, are you okay?" "I will be. Once I get to the apartment and take a well-deserved hot shower! But, don't worry about me. I feel more than okay." she smiled up at me as she gave herself several gentle hits on her left shoulder with the side of her right fist. "Let me do it for you! I knelt down beside her and massaged her shoulders. She closed her eyes, allowing me to work on her poor tensed muscles.

"Aeri, Jangmi! You girls go ahead and take a break. Go eat something. Me and Eunjoo will take care of the rest."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter