XXXI

Fresh Meat

When Hara finally woke up the next day her ears were ringing and her head was spinning. Her make up that was once perfect last night was now smeered across her face. She looked and felt like a train wreck. She sat up a little too quickly and immediately regreted it as the entire room started spinning and she felt like she was going to vomit. She lay back down and held her head tightly.

Tiffany stirred and turned to look at Hara, her eye make up running down her face, she looked just as bad as Hara and the two started laughing at both their apperances however the laughter didn't last very long as the noise was too much for their hangovers and they both fell silent again. 

Tiffany rubbed her face and when her fingers were covered in black eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara she got up and run to her bathroom. There was a slight squeal from the other room and Hara covered her ears at the noise.

"What happened last night?!" Tiffany called 

"i don't really remember" Hara replied covering her eyes with her hands

"How did we get back here?" Tiffany asked walking out of the bathroom with a towel as she wiped her face 

"I don't remember" Hara yawned 

"I was talking to Nichkhun and then i woke up" Tiffany frowned in hopes of trying to remember

Hara sat up and looked at Tiffany "maybe it's best we forgot" 

Tiffany turned and walked over to her vanity "maybe" she sighed

Tiffany found a weird post it note on her mirror and pulled it off to read it 

"Yah Hara, what is this?" she asked walking over to the bed and passing it to her. Hara raised an eyebrow at Tiffany but took the note anyway. 

 

"P_ _ _ _ _ _" 

 

Hara looked up at Tiffany a confused look on her face "is this some sort of joke?" she asked 

Tiffany shrugged "i thought you'd know what it is because i have no idea" 

Hara reread it, then flipped it round to see if there was anything else on the otherside but that was all there was. She kept reading over it. What is a seven letter word starting with P? Here head was already spinning and trying to use her brain probably wasn't the best thing for her to do right now. She decided to give it a rest and went to have a shower. After her shower, she got changed into the clothes that she wore to Tiffanys, gave Tiffany a hug then started to walk home. 


 

Still carrying the note, Hara was deep in thought trying to firgure out what it meant. What did this mean and who left this behind? How did she get to Tiffany's? What even happened at the party?

Hara pushed her hair out of her face and stretched a little. She was just really annoyed and confused. Instead of walking home Hara decided to walk to Jin's office instead.

Jin was typing furiously fast at his laptop when Hara walked in sitting in across his desk from him without him even noticing. Jin kept working not paying attention to anything else going on around him, his receptionist dropped more papers on his desk and petted his head as she walked away. Hara raised an eyebrow at the women as she stared Hara down and left. 

Jin finally looked up at from his work and was surprised to see Hara sitting across from him 

"Oh Hara, how long have you been there?" he laughed awkwardly 

"not long" Hara smiled 

"You've been there a while haven't you" 

"Hmm i guess" Hara laughed 

"What is it you need?" Jin asked running his hand through his hair 

"Nothing really, i was just wondering if you knew anhything about this" Hara said passing him the small note

Jin raised an eyebrow as he took the note from her "i don't understand what you mean, i've never seen this before" 

"I just need help figuring it out" 

Jin looked up a Hara let looked back at the note "you're smarter than me, how can you not figure it out on your own?"

Hara ignored the question not wanting to talk about being drunk "Just help me"

"Are we still on for dinner tonight?" Jin asked still looking at the note 

"Yes" Hara replied 

Silence filled the large office until Jin dropped the note on his desk "i don't know the only thing i could think of is package"

Hara's eyes became wide and got up quickly "sorry can you excuse me?" she asked not waiting to hear his reply as she sprinted out of his office.


 

Jimin twirled his finger around his headphones as he waited patiently in the car. The traffic was unreal and Jimin's car hadn't moved in over half an hour 

"Kwonnie~" Jimin whined 

"what?" 

"are we moving yet?"

Mr Kwon ignored Jimin and clenched the steering wheel 

"Kwonnie~" Jimin repeated

"what?"

"are we or are we not moving?"

"wE ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT MOVING" He snapped back

Jimin laughed at his managers reaction "i like teasing you" he giggled

Mr Kwon went back to ignoring Jimin. Jimin felt his phone buzzing in his hand. It was Hara. Jimin smirked to himself and sent her to voicemail. His phone rang again and once again he sent her to voicemail. Suddenly his phone was buzzing crazily as Hara was now text bombing him. Jimin put his phone on silent to let her suffer. He made a mental note in his head to ignore him till he got home which looked like at this rate he wouldn't be home till late tonight. 


 

Hara was pacing around her bedroom staring at the mysterious box in front of her. So the guy who is planning this "game" obvious was at the party last night. She had tried ringing him and texting him but he wasn't replying to any. He obviously sent her this package so what the was it? It must be someone she knows because he has her address, or was he just a creeper at her school how stalked her down to find out where she lived? Hara wanted to talk to the boy before she opened it. 

Mr Kim walked into Hara's room to see her eyeing the large package suspiciously 

"Are you not going to open it?" he asked sitting on her bed

"I don't want to open it" she replied still pacing 

"can i open it?"

Hara looked at her dad as he laughed "i want to know what it is, just let meeeeee" he whined

Mr Kim stood up and started ripping the tape off, Hara only now realising how much he and Himchan were alike. 

"I hope it's a coffee maker" Mr Kim mumbled quietly as he threw the tape on the ground 

"why would it be a coffee maker?" Hara scoffed

"Why wouldn't it be?" Mr Kim fired back with a little laugh 

Hara looked over her fathers shoulder as he pulled the contents of the box out. Mr Kim frowned and turned to Hara 

"So it's not a coffee machine" he said passing it to her, Hara took the large book and stared at it with a her eyebrows knitting together in confusion 

"Did you order a new book?" Mr Kim asked looking at it just just as much confusion 

"no" Hara replied investigating it, it had nothing on the cover and it had nothing on the back

Mr Kim shrugged and left the room, giving Hara the privacy to open it without him there, incase it was something personal that she didn't want him to see. Hara stared at the book some more, when she felt her phone buzzing on her desk. She got a shock from the noise and dropped the book on the floor as she ran over to the phone. The book fell open and multiple notes scattered across the floor. 

Hara didn't notice, she was hoping that the boy would be the one who was calling her but she was wrong it was her work

"Hara, where are you? You were suppose to be here half an hour ago!" 

"What? Today was my day off" Hara replied getting flustered 

"You were rostered on, we're you not informed?" 

"No, i wasn't" Hara replied stumbling over her words

"Well non the less can you please come into work, i need you everyone else is busy" 

"Yeah give me a minute" Hara said bending down to pick up the the book and place it on her bed 

"Can you be here in fifteen minutes?" her manager asked

"Yup, yup, okay bye" Hara said hanging up 

"Ugh what is this?!" Hara muttered to herself as she picked up the notes inside. She didn't have time to flick through them so she stuffed them in her bag as she ran out the door. 


 

The store was empty and Hara was there alone, so she decided that this would be the perfect time to look at those pieces of paper that had fallen out of the book. She pulled them out and arranged them in a random sequence. 

She frowned as she realised they were numbered with different days on them. She had days 2, 14, 20 and 18.

 

Day 2:

Go somewhere that reminds you of someone you miss, you'll find another clue there.

Day 14:

Send something to the return address, something personal and if it's goo enough i'll send you something back 

Day 20: 

Go to this cafe. Tell the blonde haired boy you want something "off the menu"  and he'll give you you're next clue

Day 18:

Send a mixed CD of all your favourite songs to the return address and i'll send you back another clue

Hara frowned and called her dad on the work phone 

"Appa, can you go to my room and get that book for me?" hara asked 

"Neh" 

She heard he dad stomping his way the stairs and eventually making it to her room "i have it what now?" he asked 

"Can you open it?" 

Mr Kim did as he was told and opened the book

"Is there a set of instructions?" 

"uh, yeah"

"Read them to me"

Mr Kim cleared his throat "Kim Hara, i have sent you a book full of tasks that you have to do before the day summer ends, if you do more then one a day then that's cheating and you win nothing so play fair. They might seem like easy tasks and that's because they are. All the tasks are written on different bit of paper, make sure to read carefully as some are not what they seem.

I look forward to see you again"

Hara frowed "Is that it?" 

"Yeah seems like it" Mr Kim replied "but why do you have this i don't get it" 

"Don't worry about it dad, it's for school i forgot about it" hara lied 

"Oh, okay then, is there anything else you need?" Mr Kim asked 

"No, thank you appa, see you later tonight" 

"Tell Jin your mother wants him round for dinner on Sunday" 

"I will okay bye" Hara said hanging up 

She leant on the counter looking at the notes "why not just text me these things? why is he putting so much effort into this?" She mumbled 


 

Jimin finally got home as the sun was setting. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and laughed at all the messages Hara had sent him and all the miss calls he had recieved.

He dialled her number and pulled the phone to his ear as he looked in the fridge for food 

"YAH WHERE DO YOU GET OFF NOT ANSWERING ME?" Hara barked 

"Sorry but i do have a life, outside of you" Jimin replied with a little smirk 

"Whatever, i don't need to talk to you anymore"

"So you've read the "book" have you?" Jimin asked 

"Neh, it looks stupid" Hara lied, she was actually very impressed that he had set all of this up "are you someone famous or something? Who has this much time and power to set up something like this?"

"Me apparently" Jimin laughed 

"Your laugh sound familiar" Hara muttered

"does it?" Jimin asked still smiling 

"yeah, but. Whatever" Hara muttered 

"what are you doing right now?" Jimin asked closing the fridge and leaning on against it 

"I'm closing up work, why?" she asked 

"I was just curious" Jimin confessed

"hmm alright"

Hara had closed up the store and was walking out the front to meet Jin for dinner.

"Hara?"

"hmm?" 

Jimin bit his lip not wanting to ask 

"what is it?" she asked softly 

"do you have a boyfriend?" he asked quietly 

"yeah" she mumbled back 

"ahhh" Jimin laughed awkwardly 

"why?" Hara asked 

"No reason, it just might complicate out game a little bit" Jimin said trying to sound happy as he slid to the floor

"oh, no he's quite understanding so i don't think it'll be too big of a deal" Hara said trying to be convincing

"If you have a boyfriend maybe it's best to just not do this" Jimin regretted saying the words but he didnt' want to intrude on Hara's life if she was already happy with someone else

Hara heard the sadness in his voice and flinched "No!" 

"huh?"

"I want to do this!" Hara yelled ".. for my.. my free holiday" she added awkwardly at the end

A smile spread on Jimin's face "are you sure?"

"Yes"