XXV

Fresh Meat

It had been a few weeks since Himchan had seen Jin Ah. He thought about her from time to time but mostly it was because his parents (mainly his mother) were cursing her name as they tried so desperately to save as much of their lifes work as they could. Since the public shaming of the Kim Company people had withdrawn their stocks, investments had fallen, they still had money of course they weren't stupid, they had been saving the day their company took off but due to everything going on it meant no more spending as extravagantly as they use to. This meant Himchan getting five of his credit cards taken off him and being left with one that had a 100 limit on it for a week. Himchan didn't bother leaving the house most days, he had nothing to do, at school people would whisper and talk about him behind his back, he didn't feel like playing basket ball, he didn't feel like doing anything anymore. His motivation for things had disappeared.

"Himchan, i'm off to school... are you... going to come with me?" Hara asked gently through the door

There was no reply of the otherside of the oak door. Hara gripped her bag straps knowing that Himchan's lack of response meant he was spending today at home as well. She turned away and left without saying another word. Himchan heard his sister leave and got out of bed. He walked over to the window to see her already out the door and walking out the gate to go catch the school bus. He felt bad, he was being a terrible role model for his little sister, but he didn't feel safe outside anymore, everyone was judging him. He didn't even know how Hara could muster up the courage to leave the house and continue to go to school. She didn't have Jimin anymore, she had told him that he was dropping out of school to focus on debuting, she had her friends but was that enough support to be able to go out into the world? Himchan shook his head as Hara rounded the corner and disappeared from his sight.

A piercing sound filled his ears, it was the door bell. Who would be here so early? and who wanted to see Himchan? He stumbled over to his bed and burried himself in his blankets blocking out the noise and praying sleep would find him again.


 

Jin Ah stood silently at the front door, she managed to walk through the fate as Hara left without her seeing her. She wanted to apologise to Hara but the words she was trying to say never came out and Hara walked past without noticing her. Jin Ah scratched her head and as she rang the doorbell again. She knew that Himchan hadn't been going to school recently, mostly because she had journeyed to Seoul High School everyday to try and find him. 

She desperately rang the door bell again, she fidgeted with her hands as she waited for a response from inside the house, a response she knew she wasn't going to get. The silence rang through her ears 

"You've ruined any chance at me going pro" 

She gulped down a mouthful of saliva that was sitting in , she could a familar pit forming in her stomach. Those words had been haunting her since he said them to her and the feeling of guilt would not leave her no matter how much she tried to ignore them. She wanted to scream out to him to open the door but she stayed quiet. There was no point she knew that he would never want to see her, he'd never answer the door. She turned slowly and started to walk back up the drive.

To her surprise someone tapped her on the shoulder, she looked up hoping it was Himchan but instead it was Yongguk, who was standing hand in hand with another girl, a girl she hadn't met before

"Hey, Jin Ah? Where you going?" he asked happily 

"Oh i'm just" she said pointing to the gate in hopes he'd understand

"You want to come in with us? Did Himchan not open the door for you?" Yongguk asked looking past her and at the front door

"Uh no he didn't have i have a doctors appointment anyway so it's fine" she smiled 

"Oh , this is my girlfriend Luci" Yongguk smiled pointing at the girl next to him

She had tan flawless skin, short black hair with strans died a deep red. She had a foriegn look about her but she smiled back at Jin Ah sweetly. 

"hello" she smiled bowing a little 

"Hello" Jin Ah replied returning her bow 

"uh well, it was nice meet you, i have to go now" Jin Ah said bowing to both Yongguk and Luci and leaving as fast as she could. She said silent prayers in her head that Yongguk would not bring up that she had shown up to try and talk to Himchan.


 

Unlike Jin Ah who just pressed the door bell, Yongguk practically kicked the door in trying to get Himchan to answer him. Himchan reluctantly went downstairs and unlocked the door 

"wow you look terrible" Yongguk teased pushing Himchan's head playfully 

"why are you here, hey Luci when did you get here?"

"The other day" she replied walking inside the house tugging Yongguk along with her

Himchan let out a loud sigh as he closed the door behind them. 

Luci and Yongguk were sitting comfortably on the couch, Himchan slowly tried to walk up the stairs without them noticing so he could lock himself in his room.

"Himchan-ah~" Luci called 

Himchan looked in the direction of the lounge, Luci and Yongguk were both staring at him trying to escape, Yongguk pointed to him and and gesutred for him to come sit with them. Himchan slouched in annoyance and made his way to the lounge. He sat down with a small thud and folded his arms not looking at the two sitting across from him.

"Why havent you been at school?" Yongguk asked sternly 

Himchan rolled his eyes "Why do you care?" 

"Because i'm your best friend, you haven't been to any basket ball games, you haven't been going to school, what is going on?"

"Maybe because my family is going bankrupt?" Himchan growled back 

"Hara still goes to school" Luci countered 

Himchan turned his head ignoring the two "what are you, my parents i don't need to hear this from you"

"You need to hear this from someone!" Yongguk snapped "You can't stay locked up in your house, you have to go back to school you have to keep going with your life"

"Why? i have no motivation! I don't care anymore"

Luci looked at Yongguk helplessly 

"Himchan" she started "what are you afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid of anything" he muttered folding his arms across his chest as tightly as he could, he didn't want to talk about, he wished that they would just disappear from his vision and he could go back to living in his dream state without a care in world

"Tell us what it is, maybe we can help" Yongguk's voice broke Himchan out of his own head, he looked at his two friends, he could see the concern in their eyes. Himchan pushed his hand through his 

"I just can't do it alright" he finally admitted reluctantly 

"Why?" Yongguk questioned

"Because everyones looking at me different, people are talking behind my back and for the first time in my life i actually care about what they have to say" Himchan refused to make eye contact with the people in front of him "the thought of everyone judging me over something that is so out of my control.. it scares me. I don't want to deal with it" 

Luci walked over to Himchan and gave him a hug "it's okay we'll look after you" she whispered

"How can you protect me you don't even go to school here" Himchan laughed as he hugged her back 

"I don't care, i'm just going to show up anyway" she replied 

"She's got a visitors pass for the next month while she stays with me Yongguk smiled joining in on the hugging action 

"We love you!!~!!~" the two sang squeezing the life out of Himchan 

"Okay, okay guys" Himchan struggled against the twos strength "please, i can't breathe"

The two released him and sat back down in their seats

"Hows Hara been at school" Himchan asked

"She gets by" Yongguk replied 

"Do people give her grief?"

"here and there" 

Himchan stood up and walked towards the door "hurry up we're going to school" he called 


 

Hara kept her head down in the hallway, of course she still had her friend around her but sometimes without warning people would start picking on her for no reason aside from the fact that her families companys name was tarnished. 

"I heard you're poor now" someone laughed walking past Hara. She just kept walking 

"Oi i was talking to you" the voice repeated grabbing Hara's bag strap and pulling her back to look at her

"Minah what do you want?" Hara mumbled 

"You and our hole of a brother are dirt poor you have no right to ignore me!" she snapped throwing Hara away from her

People stared at them as Hara fell to the ground. Hara sighed and stood up again "what do you want?" she repeated

"When i talk to you don't you ignore me"

"alright, i'm sorry"

"No you're not" Minah barked 

"Yah!" Himchan yelled walking in front of Hara "don't talk to my sister like that" 

"Who do you think you are? You're nothing now, no one cares about you anymore, i can talk to you and anyone else however i want!"

Himchan rolled his eyes at her "you're a ing Minah, you always have been since i first met you. Just leave my sister alone she's done nothing to you"

Minah's cheeks turned red "you can't talk to me like that!"

"Why not?" Himchan yawned lazily 

"Go haunt some houses somewhere else" Yongguk added in with a laugh "I've been saving that one for a while" he explained to Luci as he smiled confidently 

"get it because she's a witch, or should i say " Yongguk laughed even harder as he nudged Luci waiting for her to give him her approval. She let out a little laugh at her overly excited boyfriend and Yongguk showed his gummy smile at her reaction 

"Yah! If anyone else wants to pick on Hara, pick on me instead! She's just here to learn, she's done nothing wrong! So leave her alone you goT IT?!" Himchan yelled 

Everyone walked away whispering and looking back at the small group, Minah stamped her foot and ran off. Himchan pulled Hara up and hugged her tightly 

"sorry that i wasn't here for you" 

"It's, it's fine"

Himchan pulled back "was the teasing bad or was it just Minah?"

"It was mostly just Minah, she's the one who made everyone else tease me as well"

"Where is Sulli and the rest of them?"

"I was just going to the cafeteria to meet them" Hara smiled weakly 

"Text them or something, we're gonna go out somewhere" Himchan smiled

"Are you okay hara?" Luci asked walking over to her and giving her a hug 

"Neh, i'm just" Hara started crying 

"I'm really thankful to you all" she sniffed 


 

((((wow hey everyone thank you subbing and commenting and please upvote if you like it because i'm sure it does something good but idk what so yah but only if you want to no pressure here haha. Also look at my boo Lu being in the story, not even sorry i ship her with Yongguk wootwoot. Anyway thanks for reading have a good day/evening/night ily))))