On The Way

The Essence of Fate | Semi-Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the way home, both of them were walking quietly and awkwardly beside each other. Naeun was hungry and her tummy growling break the silence between them. Taemin heard her tummy and laughed.

“You must be hungry huh?”

“Haha, I guess so.”

“Hmmm… I know a place that we can grab something to eat before we go back. Want to?”

“Hmmm… Okay…”

“The café is just around the corner. There it is.”

They entered the café together and sat down at a corner. A waiter came to their table to collect the order.

“Hi, Taemin! It has been a while since you stop by. No wonder… I see you bring a girl! You are very pretty young lady.” The waiter greeted them.

“Hey, Jinki hyung! It’s not what you are thinking. She is new around here so I am showing her around. Anyway hyung, I would like to order a cup of iced Americano and a cup of iced caramel macchiato. Give me two pieces of chocolate cheese cake and the most popular curry puff one.”

“Okay! Got it. It will bring it fast!” The waiter quickly entered the kitchen to prepare Taemin’s order. Naeun just sat quietly playing with her hand phone and looking outside the glass window. Taemin was looking at Naeun the whole time. Naeun noticed that Taemin was looking at her so she to a glance at Taemin. Their eyes met for the first time and Naeun’s heartbeats increased. For the first time she felt that way. Taemin just covered his mouth with his hand and smiled secretly.

“Here you go! You are served! A cup of iced Americano, a cup of iced caramel macchiato, two pieces of chocolate cheese cake and a piece of the famous curry puff! Enjoy!” The waiter brought the order and placed it at their table. Taemin arranged the food at the table. Iced Americano for himself and iced caramel macchiato for her. A piece of chocolate cheese cake for each and the curry puff between them.

“I hope you don’t mind. I ordered without asking you. I hope you like it.”

“It’s okay. I loved it. Let’s dig in.” She took a bite of the cake and it melt in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter