Lies

To Love A Prince
For days now King Byun Baek Mir had been perturbed about Baekhyun's sudden change in behaviour. When he had arrived he had seemed so relaxed and happy, but now? He always seems nervous, hardly talks to anyone, not even his best friend Jongin.

He leaves the Palace early and returns late, all these he knew are strange of him. He had to deal with this.

Calling out to a guard he ordered him to bring Baekhyun to him when he arrives.

* * *

Why is he letting his guard down? Baekhyun asked himself as he tossed and his bed. He had always been careful and secretive with his feelings, especially when it has to do with Jessica. How his Father got to know he was troubled he had no idea.

He had been surprised when his Father had asked him what was bothering him, but being a first grade liar he had declined having any problems. His father had then assumed he was worried about a woman.

He had then concoct a non existing lie about a woman he met in Hong Kong, fell in love with and planned to marry only for her to jilt him for a trusted friend of his. He heard about their wedding preparations a few days ago and that had been the cause of his misery.

The King had digested everything without a hint of suspicion and had proceeded to take him into marriage. He is Twenty Seven, a Prince, rich and handsome, he could find any woman for himself to marry. The girl had made a mistake by dumping him, her loss not his.

He would be particularly glad to get a wife for him. Most of his friends each have an exceptionally beautiful daughter he could marry.

Baekhyun feeling uncomfortable by the path is Father is taking had blurted out that he had sworn off love earning himself a lengthy lecture about love. True love as his Father had called it, using his Mother and himself as a case study.

Baekhyun had felt a pang in his heart then. Because of the love his father had for his mother he had never remarried since she died twelve years ago. He had then assured his Father that very soon he would consider the concept of marriage.

They had talked some more before he had finally wished his Father a good night.

Lying down on his bed he decided to dismiss his thoughts about Jessica and settle on his surroundings. He wouldn't want himself to be the subject of the servants' discussions. As from tomorrow he would return back to his normal self, hang out with Kai and check up with Zoe.

* * *

Esha held her heart in as she hurried up the Palace corridors. She had woken up late and had hoped against hope that she doesn't meet Baekhyun in his room. Knowing Baekhyun she would probably get fired.

She hurried into the room, pushed the door closed quietly. Heaving a sigh of relief when she didn't see him she hurriedly began her task. A clearing of throat from none other than Baekhyun gave her a jolt as she stared at him and waited for the obvious.

"What did you think you are doing?" Baekhyun asked in his usual flat tone, his eyes digging holes into her. He moved inside the room from the balcony he had been on before.

"I am sorry, I..."

Baekhyun gave her a dark scowl. "Give me a damn straight answer. How dare you stand me up?" He moved closer to her, his movements slow and calculated. "Just because I gave you the day off that day means you can do anything you want? Have you forgotten you are just a maid?"

Esha felt the tears pouring. "I am sorry, I woke up late." She whimpered.

Baekhyun waved his hand dismissively. "Save yourself the excuse miss, you are fired." He said firmly.

Esha raised up her head to stare at him. "I know that already," she wiped at her face with the heel of her hand. "I don't even know why I thought you would forgive me." She shrugged her shoulders as she kept her eyes on his. "I don't care about you firing me because I am sick and tired of your unwarranted for insolence." She was satisfied by his shocked expression.

Baekhyun couldn't believe his ears. "You do realise who you are talking to right?"

"I do and I don't care. I will just say goodbye to Ha Na and leave." Esha said and dropped the towels she held in her hands on the bed and with a bow made for the door. She was halted by a vise like grip of a hand closing on her wrist.

"Where will you go to?" asked Baekhyun rather weakly.

"I will decide that myself." She replied and jerked her hand away from his, exiting the room.

Did I ask her to go? She really doesn't believe I meant that right? Where in the world is a girl like that going to stay with no family or friends, and how could he get her to stay?