The Announcement

To Love A Prince
All the servants in the Palace assembled before King Byun Baek Mir, a man that exudes royalty. His purple robe was splashed with glints of gold, the robe screaming "expensive"

He sat on the couch in his personal sitting room, his eyes alive with joy. He watched each of the servants; the nervous servants before dropping his news.

"My son Byun Baek Hyun is coming back home," he announced.

His announcement was met with a deafening silence, and he could see the servants giving one another frantic looks.

"You all know how he is," he hinted and left it at that. "He would be home on Saturday and I want to organise a welcome party for him." He turned to Ha Na, the head cook. "I believe arranging a party shouldn't pose a problem." He said, his voice typical of a man who receives respect, his tone full to the brim with authority.

Ha Na bowed slightly. "It would be well condone my Lord."

Baek mir turned to the other servants. "I want the house sparkling clean for the arrival of my Son." There was no disgusing the pride in his voice.

The servants all bowed, while some still had disbelief in their expression.

"You may leave." The King dismissed them casually and they all filed out of the room.

As soon as the servants left the King's chamber, the murmurs began...

"Prince Baekhyun?..."

"Why is he coming back?"

"I swear the thoughts of him give me the chills..."

"Get back to your posts NOW!" Ha Na barked.

The servants all disappeared, with some still murmuring. It was clear that the news of the Prince's return is not happily received.

* * *

Esha leant against the door in the narrow room she had in the Servant's quarters, thoughts racing through her mind. The room contained a futon, an old box she kept her sparse belongings in, a wooden table and a wooden chair that creaked with age. She had indulged herself in a little drawer she kept her personal things in, like the pearl necklace her mother gave her.

Baekhyun is coming home.

She had a vague memory of the last time she saw him Five years ago.

Baekhyun had gotten angry at a male servant, and he had hit the poor man continuously until he was unconscious. He, Baekhyun had claimed the servant looked him in the eyes while he was reprimanding him. It had taken two hours to revive the man.

The King had been annoyed and had chided him in front of the other servants. Baekhyun had gotten more madder and had mumbled something about him being fed up by everyone in the Palace.

The next day he had left.

Now he is coming back on Saturday. Everyone knows Baekhyun is wicked and has no feelings for others except his father. She could only speculate the havoc his arrival would bring.

As a Nineteen year old then, she had been terrified of him and he knows it. He always give her a blank stare and treats her like a piece of disposable trash. Well, everyone treats her like that except Ha Na.

Ha Na. Just the thought of her made her smile. A woman who had taken her under her wings when everyone else had abandoned her. A woman who treats her like a human, a woman she would always love.

"Ha Na, I wish you could protect me from Baekhyun." She murmured. She wished that Saturday would never come.