Responsibilities

To Love A Prince
Baekhyun awoke to see a maid standing beside his bed, her hands folded in front of her and her head bowed. "What is it?" he barked, giving the maid a jolt.

"The King wants you my prince." She said, still not looking up at him.

"Get out then, I know the way to my Father's room."

"Yes my prince," replied the maid as she left the room almost in a run.

"Useless things," He surely had a deep gutted repulse for servants. Back in Hong Kong he didn't have a housekeeper. He simply does his things himself.

He kicked back the covers and got up from the bed, brushed his teeth and headed to his Father's room, still in his pyjamas.

* * *

Esha watched him leave, then as quietly as a mouse slipped into his bedroom. She had been terrified when the King assigned her as Baekhyun's personal maid early that morning.

She was to make his bed, run his bath, do his laundry and a million other things for him. The King might as well ask her to eat a frog.

She moved quickly intending to be through before Baekhyun comes back. She swept the room, made his bed, pick out towels from the closet and laid it on his bed. She ran his bath very hot hoping that when he arrives, the water would still be hot.

When she was sure she had everything taken care of, she exited the room the same way she came in; as quiet as a mouse.

* * *

Baekhyun entered his Father's sitting room, greeted him and patiently waited for the unavoidable lecture he knew was about to come.

After what seemed like ages, the King spoke. "For how long do you intend to stay?"

He knew this was coming. "I'll stay."

The King's eyes narrowed. "You will?"

"Yes Father."

King Baek mir joy knew no bounds. Finally his son is home to stay. "I can't begin to express how very pleased I am about this. I have always knew you would come back and take care of your responsibilities." he said smilingly. "That means my earlier decisions were right."

Baekhyun's ears perked up. Decisions. What decisions? "Decisions?"

the King shrugged. "Nothing much. I had a hunch you would be staying, so I got you a personal maid and a bodyguard. I bet my decisions are right, ain't they?" said the King feeling pleased with himself.

What the ? "That's absolutely ridiculous Dad. I don't need a bodyguard or a maid. I took care of myself in Hong Kong remember? And I intend to do the same here."Baekhyun retorted.

I am just doing what is necessary for you. You are a prince, you have special advantages you are entitled to. A maid and a bodyguard is one of those." The King said firmly.

"You are forgetting that I am a grown up. I am Twenty Seven years old and I can take care of myself." Baekhyun siad vehemently.

The King smiled. "You will be twenty seven in the next two months, three weeks and fourteen days."

Aww. Baekhyun alwas knew if his father wasn't a King he would be a mathematics teacher. He always call to remind him of his birthday three days before and will always ask him if he is coming home. Him on the other hand would always reply; "No Dad I can't get away but I will be there next year."

"Two months is nothing. I will soon be twenty seven."

"Esha is a nice girl and she would.."

Baekhyun interrupted his Father with a shocked expression. "You assigned that skinny brat as my maid? How could you?"

"I won't rescind my actions Baekhyun. She is your maid and that's final. You had better get used to the idea." The King said with a tone that required no arguement.

:> Baekhyun was so angry that he slammed closed his father's door then stormed to his room, slamming the door closed with enough force to reduce the magnificient palace to rubbles.

He was shocked when he found towels laid out on the bed in readiness for his bath. "The little brat has started her duties," he muttered to himself as he poked his head inside the bathroom.

He actually felt relaxed after his bath. Whilst dressing he conjured thoughts of making Esha miserable. He promised himself to give the pretty witch the hardest time of her life. Having himself a personal maid doesn't appear to be bad after all as he could order her around for what he's worth and make her life a living hell. He simply despises the girl and nothing could change that fact.