His nemesis

To Love A Prince
"Prince Baek is impossible." Esha whined to Ha Na, a woman she regards as a mother and confidant. "He always finds fault in everything I do. I am too slow and dumb for his liking, I am annoying and the most irritating creature he has ever seen. I am sick and tired of his unwarranted hatred."

Ha Na sighed. She herself knew Baekhyun to be difficult to please, but she noticed he is more hateful to Esha than to any other. He simply despises her for no obvious reason she knew of.

"He is merely trying to frighten you." She said in an attempt to reassure the child.

Esha raised her tear streaked face. "I feel so terrible. Maybe I will just leave the palace and get a life of my own where I wouldn't have to subject to anyone's wimps."

Ha Na felt grief tug at her heart and at the same time she conjured an idea. "Stop crying," she said soothingly. "I think I know why the prince is treating you like that."

Esha looked up eagerly into the older woman's eyes. "What is it?"

Ha Na smiled. "I think I know but I won't tell."

Esha's face fell. "Why won't you? I am desperate to know." She whined.

Ha Na pursed her lips. "Not yet." She said firmly and grinned when Esha lips formed a pout.

"All you have to do is stand up to him and stop cowering anytime he is within ten feet of you."

Esha nodded. "I will just try that. Thank you." She said and hugged the older woman.

She stood up, wiped her face with the back of her hands. Feeling composed, she flashed Ha Na a grin and left.

Ha Na sat still and pondered over the issue. Is what she felt and thought was happening with Baekhyun really what is happening?

* * *

With a towel tied around his waist, Baekhyun sat on his bed with the phone pressed to his ear. After much murmuring and grunting he tossed the phone on the bed.

He felt his heart sank to his knees and ran his hands over his face. "What the heck? Haven't been here for a month and she is already breathing down my neck." he hissed as he entered the bathroom.

Minutes later he was dressed in a painstakingly white shirt, a coffee brown slack, Italian shoes and had a coffee coloured cashmere sweater held in his left hand. He checked his Rolex, he still had twenty minutes to get to the meeting place.

The previous phone conversation had gotten him in a sour mood, and he was feeling really annoyed, ready to lash out his anger on anyone, anything.

Putting on his sunglass, he exit the room, locking the door behind him and pocketing the keys. He certainly didn't want anyone prowling around his room in the misguided belief of taking care of his room.

He raced down the stairs and climbed into the Daimler. Having dismissed the manservant his father appointed him, he could go anywhere he wants without anyone monitoring his every moment.

With a swift movement, he raced towards the gate.

* * *

"Such a pity don't you think?" a maid asked another.

"Of course. The prince detest the brawny piece of who had for brains."

"I had no doubt she would soon be fired."

Baekhyun and Esha had been the topic of the several weeks past for the servants, especially the females. They found it amusing that the Prince hates her. It's times she knew who the boss is. Just because she is prettier and had the favour of Ha Na won't keep her from getting fired eventually.

And so they stood in the corridor, whispering and gossiping.

* * *

Lights dimmed overhead in the smoky bar. The place reek of booze and cigar. Baekhyun sat in a corner, a far distance from everyone else in the bar. Being in a foul mood, he settled to get miserably drunk while he awaits her arrival.

The has come back. His personal but hidden reason for agreeing to come back to Korea is solely because of her. Although he knew he is being a coward, but too many things are at stake. Damn her for being a nemesis to him. She is a nightmare he wanted to forget.

He swore lightly and held tight to the snifter, his knuckles turning white. He tossed the drink straight to his gut and as such was tossed back to the past.