The arrival

To Love A Prince
Aboard the Cessna, Prince Byun Baekhyun sat with a glossy magazine in his hand.

"Coffee for you sir," said a pretty hostess with a huge smile on her face, a tray in her hand.

"No thanks." He declined politely.

"Alright sir," she said before turning to leave.

Baekhyun dropped the magazine on his lap and looked out of the window. He was finally going back home. He had missed his father so much that he almost couldn't contain the excitement he was feeling.

Five long years. Five years since he had stepped onto Korea's soil, five years since he has seen his father. He knew his coming home now is to stay. He need not worry about his company in Hong Kong, he is pretty sure Zoe would take care of things. All in all, it has been a good year and it's good to go back home.

* * * *

The room was filled with the creme de la creme, all dressed in elegant dresses and expensive tuxedos. A thousand tables for two were decorated nicely, with each vase containing a single rose. Different meals were prepared and sent forth enticing aroma that engulfed the huge ballroom. Drinks were passed around by the waiters every few minutes.

Everything looked perfect and all awaits the arrival of the prince.

* * *

Esha and the other servants were neatly dressed. She had on a spotless white long sleeved shirt and black pants that fitted her snugly. The males had on an equally spotless white long sleeved shirts, black pants and a red bow tie.

Her hair was carefully combed and relieved of tangles which she pulled back in a tight ponytail. Her face was scrubbed clean and left unadorned . She examined herself in a mirror, satisfied with her appearance, she closed the door behind her and stepped out unto the corridor. She walked farther into the servants' quarters to Ha na.

"Oh my, you look gorgeous." Lee Ha na exclaimed admiringly.

Esha looked down at herself with a smile. "Don't tease me so,"

The older woman smiled. "You know it's true. You are surely the most beautiful child I have ever seen." she said matter-of- factly.

Esha sighed. "It does no good when I am just a mere maid." she said dejectedly.

Ha na crossed over to her and laid her hands on her shoulders. "My child, despair not. I know you are destined to be great. You are here for a reason and it's up to you to change it for good.

"But how can I do that?" she asked worriedly.

"By marrying well," Ha na offered.

Esha made a "tsk" sound. "No one is willing to marry a maid who had no college degree." She pointed out.

Ha na shook her head. "It doesn't always happen that way Esha, have faith and all will be well. I am pretty sure your prince charming is out there somewhere."

"But.." Esha started but was cut off by Ha na.

"No buts," Ha na waved her hand. "No more of this sentimental talk tonight. Go out there and perform your duties, I will join you in a while." She moved away to get dressed.

"Alright then." Esha said and left.

Ha na stood where she was. "If only..." she thought.

* * *

The limo pulled up in front of the Palace's steps. The chauffer alighted and held open the door for Baekhyun. The male servants rushed forward and wrestled his monstrous looking baggage inside.

There he stood; tall, lean and drop dead gorgeous with a jet black hair the colour of a moonless night, and brown eyes the colour of coffee. His hair was tousled on his head and it looked as if he had ran an impatient finger through it. He looked y with his ruffled hair and expensive tailored maroon suit. He had on a gold wristwatch, gold cufflinks, a gold chain with a golden cross nestled on his chest. He raised a hand to pull off a sunglass, glanced left and right then mounted the steps. The door was held opened for him and he sauntered in.

He was affronted with many faces, many of which he couldn't put a name to. His father stood in th center of the room with spread hands and he walked right into them. It has always felt so good to see his old man.

He pulled out of his father's embrace and paid him homage after which he turned to the guests, exchanging greetings. As he reached for a flute of champagne from a waiter's tray, he detected out of the corners of his eyes, the in- house servants lined up in a file. He turned toward them and they all bowed.

He examined each downcast faces of the servants even though he could see little of their hidden faces. He recognised the bulky frame of the head cook. He made to dismiss them but a red hair spitting fire in the brightly lit room caught his attention. He swerved his head back to the owner, and there she was, fidgeting with her hands.

What was her name? The skinny little thing that had irritated the hell out of him some years back. Good thing she is grown up now and he hopes she irritaes him less with her emerald eyes and her music like voice. Her problem not his. He dismissed her casually and turned to his friend, the only friend he kept.