TORN

THE LAIR - BOOK1: FORBIDDEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyaaaah!!! Special thanks to my dongsaeng DILLATIEVA (@dillatiffa on Twitter) for this giddylicious banner! Thanks for the inspiration! ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Lee Seungri huh?" I scoff at Kwon Jiyong who is beside me inside the elevator. I roll my eyes. Thinking about everything that we went through, he did quite a job too right? Even bigger effort than mine. My lips start to stretch to a grin.

 


"I didn't know you can also be romantic." I cross my arms as his words earlier resounded in my ears. I see him eyeing me sideways so I decide to more by dramatically recalling his goosebump- inducing words.

 

"I thought you already left... I was heartbroken for a moment– Pffft... Puahahaha!" I step closer to him, laughing on his face. "Heartbroken my ." I scowl at him.

 

He just throws me his sharp stare but I somehow gained confidence because of the fact that this is my territory. They will never get used to acting freely in the city. No wonder, he even got the whole restaurant reserved. He'll never make it being with too many people.

 

"How much did it cost you reserving the entire place?" I curiously ask. "Tsch. You could have just requested for a proof shot or vid of the whole procedure of Dr. Choi giving me that drug."

 

"The letter you left for me..." he suddenly breaks his silence. "You told me not to remind you who I am. Well... I didn't. You recalled it yourself."

 

I look away in understanding. Yeah he has a point. But why did he get this far just because of it?

 


He suddenly throws me a glance before snorting. "Well look at yourself... Seems like you prepared well too."

 

I look away from him. Why is this suddenly backfiring at me? "I was really trying to get rid of you so I can move on to my tests. You see... I think there's something wrong with me. I... I didn't forget a single thing."

 

He removes his hands from his pockets and makes his way to me showing me his blank expression. I step back but he keeps on going near me until my back hit the cold wall.

 

"You remember everything..."

 

"Of... Of course..."

 

"So I'm right after all." he smirks and I gasp when he pressed the stop button.

 

I furrow my brows. "Hey!" I ask but my eyes widen when he slams his hands on the wall behind me, trapping me in between.

 

"Y-y-ah..."

 

"I heard you clearly complaining that I didn't you coz you're a ."

 

"Y-y-ah... I didn't say anything like that! Hey... Kwon Jiyong!" I try to position myself defensively but he quickly grabs my wrists and pins both with one of his hands while his other cups my face. I look away but to my horror, he starts to part my legs with his, completely making me immobile.

 

"What are you doing? Let me go!"

 

"You sounded so oppressed earlier. Should I make up for it?"

 

"Yah!"

 

"Remember this?" his face starts to descend down to mine and my knees buckled, betraying me to his enjoyment.

 

"You do right?" I feel like a wilted vegetable. I can't move. The tip of his nose is touching mine... His enticing sweet and minty hot breath fanning my face... I purse my lips. There's no way I should fall for this!

 

"I'm asking you..."

 


"I do... How can I forget?" I put on my toughest face. "How about you? You can't forget about it too, right?" I inch closer, making sure my lips brushes his before I move back a bit. I was somehow hoping to at least surprise him but I think I was meant to be a loser against him coz not too long, I am feeling his other hand making its way down my thighs.

 


"Y-y-ah..."

 

"How can I forget?" he whispers against my ears that goosebumps start to appear on my skin. My heart is hammering nonstop in my chest and I widen my eyes when I suddenly felt his tongue on my earlobe. I try to wiggle to break free but I think I made a big mistake. Our bodies were molded against each other and the friction made me feel hotter... Painfully feverish and I hear warning bells in my head. But it was too late.

 

"You want me..."

 

"No..." that is a weak protest and that's all I can manage to say. Kwon Jiyong smirks at me before finally closing our gap with his lips. I didn't even know I have been anticipating it until he stopped. He isn't even moving. He just starts to bite my bottom lip and tug it lightly but when I try to meet him, he backs away to gauge my reaction. He cups my face and runs the pad of his thumb against my lips.

 

"I knew it." he manages to say before he finally kissed me, this time molding his mouth against mine while his other hand made its way behind me, pulling me closer to him. I feel so helpless. I want to run away but something in me just doesn't want to.

 


I begin to part my lips, wanting to taste him too but he is moving a little too slow and cautious. Call me crazy but I wanted him to kiss me harder. How do you resist this hot beautiful stranger? I must have gone crazy. 

 

How can I stop him when I can't even stop myself?

 

Weakly but out of curiosity, I peer through my lashes, wanting to catch a glimpse of this man who is kissing me painstakingly slowly and gently. Where is the rough savage guy who tainted my innocence back then? 

 

He kisses me with his eyes closed, his brows slightly furrowed as if he's trying to think of ways to be careful not to hurt me. He releases my wrists from his grip and his arms start to snake around my waist. My heart aches at the sight.

 

I don't want him to be gentle. No. This man being gentle makes heart feel a certain kind of pain. This might be another trap. With gentleness, I suddenly felt scared I might mistake this as an act of care. And as my brain finally begin processing things, I get to realize how careless I've been. With all my remaining strength I push him away.

 

"Stop." My voice is weak but somehow I am able to put a distance between us. "Stop... This is wrong."

 

"Wrong..." he throws me a confused look  but I am quick to avert my gaze.

 

"Yes. Wrong. We both know it's wrong." I make my way to the elevator buttons and punched my floor. In my peripheral view he starts fixing himself as if nothing happened while I am still mentally kicking myself for being so easy. I want to pull my hair and slap the hell out of me.

 

Why do I always easily give in to this devil?

 

The lift finally opens to the hallway to my apartment to my relief and I half-run-half-walk my way out but I immediately stop on my track when I remembered we need to deal with CL.

 

And how do I deal with my nosy bestfriend???

 

"Hold a sec..." I block his way with my arm and eye him cautiously.

 


"What now?"  Oh... I put my arm down. The bastard seems pissed.

 

"My bestfriend is inside..."

 

"I know."

 

"H-h-ow?" 

 


"I have my ways. Are you going to help Seungri or not?" he asks me surlily that I know this time he's back to being his scary self. I clear my throat and take a deep deep breath.

 

"Let's get things clear, okay? I will not report this to Seunghyun... And you... I don't care if you're the head of the aids whatsoever. You lied to me. I lied to you. We're even. I will keep my mouth shut but after tonight, you will stay away from my life, you get me? We're even."

 

"Are you sure about that?" he narrows his eyes on me.

 


"Of course!" I am surprised I sound too eager to get rid of him though part of me wants to take my words back. He just heaves a sigh and nods.

 

"Fine."

 

"And don't you dare hurt Seungri." I warn him as I walk ahead until I reach the endmost unit which is mine. I throw him a glare, signaling him to turn around coz I'm about to punch my code. And he turns away a bit. I was already punching the last digit when Kwon Jiyong's phone suddenly rings.

 

"Where are you? Get the car ready. What??? dude, just now? Make sure to be ready. I'm taking Seungri with us!"

 

"W-w-hat's wrong?" I find myself asking after he ended his call.

 

"Just open the ing door." he looks so sullen and impatient though his voice is contained. He ruffles his used to be well-groomed hair and I am dumbstruck for a moment. This is scary. Why do I find each and every move of this man y? He must have noticed I was oggling at him for he snaps his fingers at my face then points at my door.

 


"Door. Open the door!"

 

I blink my eyes in sudden realization and push the door open. Jiyong follows behind me and aside from our footsteps, all I can clearly hear is CL talking on the phone.

 

"Yes... Aisht! Just come here quickly chief! I don't have enough time to explain this – Wait I think Dara's already here. Okay."

 

Damn it. That's Seunghyun on the other line perhaps. Did CL tell everything to him? Does Seunghyun already know?

 

"Chaerin!"

 

"You're back." CL turns to me and I gasp for she looks like she's really been in a hell of a fight. Her blonde hair disarrayed, her white button up shirt in a crumpled mess, and tucked behind her jeans is her gun. She opens to speak, probably to ask me who's the guy behind me but I beat her to inquisitions.

 

"Where's the guy?" I  ask her.

 

"You mean that burglar who tried to act he knows you? The bastard's inside your room. I finally was able to knock him down."

 


"You what? Oh !" I march my way to my room but CL grabs me by my arm.

 

"What now???"

 

"Yah... Wait... Who's this guy? You dated this guy? What is he doing here?" she whispers at me, her eyes darts past me.

 

"Please... Save your questions for later! That guy inside my room is someone we know! He's... He's a friend!" I pull away from her grip and turn to Jiyong. He bows slightly at CL who is still gobsmacked in disbelief. I roll my eyes and turn on my heels towards my room.

 

"I can't believe you even phoned Seunghyun for this matter!" I kick my door open only to be greeted by a form of a badly beaten boy laying on the carpeted floor with his hands bound in handcuffs, his mouth gagged.

 

"Oh my God!" I clamp my mouth but CL and I got suddenly pushed aside by Jiyong.

 


"!" Jiyong growls behind me before making his way to the poor guy. 

 

I close my eyes. I want to disappear. Why is life ing on me this hard? On the second thought, things are turning upside down right now. This time, they are the ones who barged in my silence... My own space. My territory. 

 


I am still lost in my own pool of thoughts when I heard Seungri groan in pain while Jiyong was undoing his gag. I quickly make my way to them but CL suddenly grabs me by my arm, spinning me around so I am facing her.

 

"Yah..."

 

"What?"

 

"You've got a lot of explaining to do." 

 

"Not now, please."

 

"Listen...okay? I. Will. Let. This. Go. FOR NOW." her voice is hushed as she keeps on glancing at Jiyong who is now settling Seungri on the floor, finally able to remove the gag.

 

"What now, Chaerin?" I'm seriously starting to get pissed.

 


"Get me a smoking-hot date too just like yours, okay?" she grins at me before running towards Jiyong.

 

"Oh my God! I'm really sorry. Let me help you! Let me take that handcuffs off!" I roll my eyes at CL. She seems interested in Jiyong. Should I tell her about the aids and the lair? Should I tell her that these aids helped us before? That will definitely make her freak out.

 

"Aaah!!! Yah! Don't come near me!" Seungri immediately crawl away from CL. He looks so scared of her. "Noona!"


I quickly make my way to him to help him up. "Seungri... Seungri are you alright?" 

 

I comb the boy's hair away from his face as he catches his breath. CL keeps on fidgeting before us while Jiyong was towering over us, arms crossed over his chest. I try to ignore his presence though I really really want to kick him out.

 

"Seungri..." I shake him slightly before cupping his face but I am startled by Kwon Jiyong  who suddenly coughed loudly. I frown at him and he  eyes me sharply. His face looks sullen, brooding with his nasty temper that I know I need to get rid of CL for a while.

 

"Hey..." I turn to CL hesitantly. 

 

"He'll be fine right? He'll be okay right? Oh Darong I'm really sorry. But what kind of person visits a friend by breaking into her room? Aisht... Do you think I need to call Dr. Choi?"

 

"NO!!!" I retort a bit louder than I actually intended. "I mean no... Don't... He'll be fine. Hmm... Chae... Would you mind to get him some Ibuprofen and water?"


"S-s-ure... I'll be back in a while." she spins around and out of my room. I help Seungri to sit on my bed and walk after CL to make sure she's really out of earshot before I confront this overbearing guy. When CL was already in the kitchen rummaging through the cupboards, I went back inside my room to talk to him but it seems he's really pushing me to kill him. Damn it. Am I seeing this right? 

 

Oh God! He's dragging the poor guy to the door to my balcony and all I can hear from the guy is his groans of pain.

 

"Yah! Get up! Aisht! I'm going to kill you, you bastard! Get up–"

 

"Hyung... Ouch!"

 

"What do you think you're doing???" I push him away and helped Seungri up from the carpeted floor. I settle him back to my bed while the poor boy continues to catch his breath. I turn to Jiyong and storm my way to him.

 

"What's wrong with you!" I push him away. "Huh? What's wrong with you???" 

 

"We need to get out of here!"

 

"Have you gone nuts??? With Seungri like this???" I am mad. If he acts like he's the violated one again this time then I'm going to kill him! Both sides are to blame but right now he's looking at me accusingly.

 

"Do we have any other choice? Are you going to cover up for this? We need to go." he makes his way to get Seungri but I quickly dash past him to block his track.

 

"No! No, no, no... You're not taking him with you! Look at him! He's all black and blue! You... You may go. But Seungri is staying. He is my responsibility!" I am firm with my words. Seungri isn't leaving tonight!

 

"He's one of my men. He's coming with me." 

 

We stood in an eye battle for what seemed like an eternity but when I heard the sound of someone ringing the doorbell, I was distracted for a moment and the bastard quickly made his way to Seungri. I was about to stop him once more but he starts to carry him again, aiming for the balcony.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?"

 

"Choi Seunghyun is coming! And right now... Yeah. That's probably him."  he snarls at me. I clamp my mouth in shock. ! Just when I thought this night has gone to its worst, something keeps on coming to make it even a bigger disaster!

 


"Yah rat! We've got to get out of here!"

 

"Hyung, I can't... My legs still hurt." I think I know what they're up to. But hell, I live on the 18th floor and there's no way they'll make it down with someone injured like Seungri. The boy starts to limp down the cold floor that it made me imagine the hell of a beating he got from CL. I know this boy has his own fault too but he's a good guy. He doesn't deserve this.

 


" !!!" he kicks one of my flowerpots sending it crashing but before I can even react, he grabs me by my arm, dragging me back into my room.

 

"Talk to your friend! Do something!" 

 

I really shouldn't be helping them. I used to be once a carefree police officer. I used to have a peaceful life. But when I met them, everything has turned chaotic. I shouldn't be helping them... But soon I find myself running past CL, beating her down to the doorway.

 


"Whoa... Darong that was fast..." she tilts her head, probably wondering what's wrong again this time.

 

"Don't! Wait! Don't open the door just yet. What did you tell Seunghyun?"

 

"Yah... I told you I wasn't able to talk to him though I really tried. But just before you arrived, he called. He said you're not picking up. Then I told him you might be on your way home coz a burglar broke in to your room..."

 

"And?"

 

"That's all. Coz he said he's already at the parking lot a while ago. I didn't explain further."

 

"And you didn't even tell me that? Oh... What are we gonna do?" I hiss at her. "He can't know those two are here! He must not know!"

 

"Why? Dara you've got to tell my why! Who are they? I can't help you if–"

 

I grip CL's arms, stopping her from blabbering questions I know I can't answer just yet. But I need to tell her something that could help.

 

"You... You once owe those men your life. Believe me. They saved us before. Isn't that enough?"


I'll explain when we get through this . CL can keep my secret too right? She's my bestfriend. But she just scoffs at me and shakes her head. Did I make her mad again?

 

"You've got to explain everything to me, Dara. I think this is what's making you act weird these days." she sighs and pushes me away to open the door and as expected an overly worried Seunghyun greets our view.

 

"Chief!" CL quickly blocked his path. "Let's go grab some beer and chicken!" I blink at CL. Beer and Chicken??? Seunghyun throws her a What-the- look and before he could open his mouth, CL starts to push him out.

 

"Yah! Yah! Lee Chaerin! You said someone broke into Dara's room..." Seunghyun looks doubtful but I am quick to do my part.

 

"I... I thought so too!" I in, trying my best to distract Seunghyun. "She called me up but then my phone died. So I just rushed home and ditched... HIM..." I force a smile at Seunghyun.

 

"You ditched... Your date?" he narrows his eyes.

 

"Yes. Anyways... I found out that... CL just overreacted." I grin sheepishly as I jab CL.


"Yes. I kind of overreacted... Chief. Turns out... It was just some stray cat... A neighbor's cat. Hehe..." I shut my eyes. Why I'm even doubting my bestfriend's ability to lie.

 

"So... Where's this cat you're saying?" Seunghyun peers past us, his eyes searching but CL is quick to push him out into the foyer.

 


"Omo! Didn't you see her? An old woman! Dara's neighbor? She just took the poor thing with her!"

 

"I don't know there's any old woman living close by."

 

"Of course! Of course you wouldn't know. It's not like you really live here, right? Unless you already moved in and you're living with Dara... Wait... Am I missing something here?" CL eyes Seunghyun curiously making the latter choke.

 

"Yah. What's running inside your head is really dirty! Aisht. Do you know I'm in the middle of a meeting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter