Forbidden

THE LAIR - BOOK1: FORBIDDEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Thanks to amare_zet for the beautiful banner! ❤

 

 

 

Run. Run. Run. 

 

 

 

 

Another order to kill has just been sent to us and this time we need to be more cautious. There are still police officers inside the building and we cannot be seen. We split ourselves, Seungri to the upper storey, Youngbae to the second... And I to the ground floor.

 

 

 

 

Gunfires. I alerted myself when I hear another round followed by the footsteps downstairs... Down down... My way.

 

 

 

 

 

Officers... I can make out a wounded man... And another. I wonder how many of them are still inside. 

 

 

 

 

I run upstairs when I am sure the area is clear. Blow off at least five enemies on my way. Their boss isn't anywhere in the building. We need to leave if that's the case. But why can't I see Youngbae?

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae... You er. Where are you? Did you go after Seungri again?

 

 

 

 

Tick tock tick tock... I look up at the wooden ceiling.

 

 

 

 

Tick tock tick...

 

 

 

 

 

. There's a bomb.

 

 

 

 

 

I glide up the stairs and met Youngbae carrying a bloody woman.

 

 

 

 

"Dude, Seungri's having some problem upstairs." Youngbae whips his head to the direction and I nod. I march my way up only to hear the annoying voice of the rascal.

 

 

 

 

"The neutron trigger is firmly attached to the masses. Once you try to separate it, it's going to explode. Now let's go. You're too pretty. It will be such a waste if–"

 

 

 

 

 

"YOU MOTHERER! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG???"

 

 

 

 

I growl at him. Can't he really just work and shut up?

 

 

 

 

I turn to the woman standing before him and I narrow my eyes into slits. No... No... It's dark. Or maybe I'm just sick. Or drunk.

 

 

 

 

 

She is familiar. Way too familiar.

 

 

 

 

I spat the stub of my cigarette still gobsmacked by the woman but Seungri startles me with his shaky explanation.

 

 

 

 

"She wants to dismantle this! I told her it's gonna explode anyway but she won't believe me!"

 

 

 

 

I switch my gaze from Seungri to the woman. I trust Seungri when it comes to explosives. And if he said its going to explode. Then it will.

 

 

 

I aim my gun at the woman. Yes. Maybe she isn't what my eyes are telling me. How can she be assigned in this case? 

 

 

 

 

"Get out of here, miss." I warn her but she seems stubborn. She stands up straight and tightens her hold on her gun.

 

 

 

 

 

I scoff. Same face... Even in being stubborn. Am I being tricked here? It's her! I need to know what she's doing here. She's supposed to be in Ulsan. Choi you bastard. If i knew you got something to do with this I'm gonna kill you. 

 

 

 

 

My head is in turmoil. I could be right... I could be wrong. I've never seen her this close for years... And hell knows I'm burning to take her in my arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But I can't. I am going to terrify her.

 

 

That means I am breaking the rules. 

 

 

That means I might end up hurting her again.

 

 

 

 So I'll just be the coward that I am.

 

 

 

 

"You are one hell of a stubborn ." 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung! We only have one minute!" Seungri announces and that's the only thing I need right now. Something to distract her.

 

 

 

 

And distracted she was. I run behind her and in one swift move I drag her with me.  "Let's get you out of here,"

 

 

 

I turn to Seungri and he nods in understanding and I grip the woman in my arms tighter. At least, I get to hold her again like this. She is so scared that I can feel her heartbeat... I can taste her fear and just as I crashed into the glass window, I feel her grip the sides of my coat. I try my hardest to land on my side but I am not in control of everything. We fall onto a truck loaded with crates and hays and I instantly sat up to check on her, completely ignoring my own pain.

 

 

 

"Are you alright– OH !"

 

 

 

 

Blood. I feel the hot thick liquid gushing out of her head and she sighs weakly.

 

 

 

That look into her eyes... How could they look the same as they did before? And just as I am about to shake her awake, I saw a glimmering chain around her neck. I pull it out and soon I cannot hold back myself from trembling.

 

 

 

 

"What happened?" It was Youngbae.

 

 

 

 

"She's bleeding!" My voice cracks the first time  after 8 years. I've never been this weak. "Damn it! She's bleeding!"

 

 

 

 

"We need to take her with us, hyung!" Seungri says and I look around, completely aware that we need to hide ourselves.

 

 

 

"Yes... Let us."

 

 

 

 

We take the two women home. Call up Bom noona. The blonde girl needed blood transfusion and Seungri donates his since they're a match. Bom noona said she couldn't risk taking out the bullet off the blonde girl but she did her best to tend the wound. 

 

 

And now she has moved on to her next patient. And oh... She throws me a weird kind of look.

 

 

"Jiyong," she goes back to stitching the wound on the woman's head. "You've never allowed anyone... Even trusted members in this place aside from me, Minzy... And those two."

 

 

 

 

I know where this talk is going. So I stand up and grab my lighter and pack of cigarettes. "Just tell me when you're done. I'll wait outside."

 

 

 

 

"You recognize her, don't you?" I halt w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter