헛된: 7.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehye’s POV

I got up early as usual to find that Junhong wasn't in my room. Well that's a first. Usually when I wake up, I'll see him sleeping beside me or just sitting around my room somewhere. I left my room to check his room as I was done dressing up for work. "Junhong ah," I said as I knocked on his door. No answer. I opened it to reveal that he wasn't in his room either. Where is this dude? I went downstairs to see that he was in the kitchen. He was obviously still in his pajamas as he drank his glass of juice. "If you're up early, why aren't you dressed for school?" 

Junhong looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Today's Saturday noona," he answered. 

"Oh, is that so," I looked at the clock and realized I still had time before work. "Are you hungry? Should I take you out and get breakfast somewhere before I leave," Junhong shook his head as he settled down at the counter. I went up to him and saw that he hadn't slept much. "Is something wrong?" Junhong shook his head once again. I felt his forehead as he looked up to me. "Hmm... You don't have a fever," I looked at him, "Nightmares again?"

"Noona I'm fine," he said as he took my hands off his head; however he held onto it in his. "Can you stay home today?"

"Of course not," I laugh as I pulled my hand away. "Mom will be furious if I did. Besides, Yongguk and I have a lot of planning to do today with the investment from S Company. I heard Junhong sighed as I opened the fridge pretending to look for something to eat. "If you want, you can come up to the office later when you're- Oof!" I looked up to Junhong who I had bumped into when I turned around. He looked down on me with narrowed eyes. I sighed with a smile trying to change the situation, "If you feel better later, you can-" I immediately shut my eyes as Junhong slam both his hands on the fridge, locking me in between.

He leaned down to me till our forehead touched, "Noona..." He whispered which gave me the same chills Jungkook had gave me. Our eyes were locked in at once as he spoke, "I... Feel my body burning, but I'm not sick... I… I-"

I pushed him back and he sighed. "I'm your noona. Not your girlfriend. Please know the difference," I said as a matter of fact, "I'm sorry but I can't take you out today. Treat yourself for breakfast and lunch all right. I'll see if I can come home in time for dinner." I walked out of the kitchen taking my things with me. I probably have been too nice with Junhong.

"Have a nice day at work... Jaehye," said Junhong as he gave me a back hug. “I apologize for my actions…”

“As long as you know,” I said when he had let go. “Stay home and be good,”  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"You look warned out," said Yongguk as he and I headed towards my office, "Did you stay up all night?"

I sighed, "No. I just... I don't know. I'm just tired," 

"’Tired.’ Right," he said as he gestured his fingers into quotes. "Oh right, I was wondering," he started, "Since you mentioned about Base last time, why don't we meet the guys there later on tonight? It'll be a group hang out!" he said with his gummy smile. 

"No thanks, I don't think I want to go because I'm 'tired'," I said as I quoted myself also. Base is a place I don't want to get myself into at the moment. I felt uneasy when I was there last time, talking to the Owner. I just feel like I don't belong there anymore... Seven years of being away from that place just makes me feel... Like it's not home to me. I don’t know if the guys will even take me back or how they’re feeling about me right now. Are they mad? Happy? Sad? I don’t know. But I'm sure BTS is angry with me. They probably wouldn't even forgive me for leaving without any notice... Especially Jin and Mark.

Yongguk's laugh broke into my thoughts, "Come on, it's a Saturday. Besides, your tiredness will go away after you have a good drink from there. The bartender is fantastic," I know, I thought. “He can make anything you want!” I know, I repeated in my head. “Besides, the bartender might be your type of guy. You can hit on him while you’re at it,”

My eyes widen at the thought of flirting with Wooyoung. No, No, No. Yongguk you’re crazy. "No thanks Yongguk. If I say no, then it's a no," Yongguk pouted at me, something that I don't find cute from him since he looks so manly for his age. "Come on, we have a lot of work to do," I opened the door to the office and we both settled down at the coffee table together as we took out our paper works. 

"Did you call S Company?" He asks. 

"Hm, I did. They want a meeting tomorrow at noon. She and her secretary will be coming in to meet us,”

“What about Ottogi Corporation?”

“Yah, am I suppose to do all the work here? Do you not want to get paid or what? You sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter