헛된: 11.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark's POV:

"Junhong ah," Jaehye said after she had helped me to my feet. "What are you doing here?" she went beside him, trying to brush his shoulders but he took a step away from her. "Junhong," said Jaehye, stunned. "Where were you last night? How come you weren't answering any of mom's phone calls? Did you know how worried-"

Did I hear Jaehye correctly? Did she just say mom? This dude must be- "Mark, are you okay man?" Hoseok ask as he came in with Yongguk. I looked over to Yongguk who sent a smirk and a small chuckle. "Looks like I missed something here," he commented.

"Noona, do you know these guys?" Junhong ask as he glare at us. "Please don't tell me you're planning on doing working with these bastards!"

"Choi Junhong, watch your mouth!" said Jaehye. "This is my job and my office, I can decide on whatever I want," Jaehye changed her posture to face Junhong in a better position, "Now tell me, where were you last night. Why didn't you come home last night, why were you out late, and why is your face bruised? Do you not know how devasted mom was?!" 

"I'm old enough to look after myself so stop being so over protective about me," said Junhong as he stomped off.

"Y-Yah!" With that, Yongguk took off after him.

"Little brother?" said Hoseok, "The last time I heard you had a little brother, it was Jungkook,"

"I thought you guys were gone," said Jaehye as she sighed. "I don't want to argue anymore for today,"

"I'm not asking for an argument, I'm asking for an explaination! Where the hell have you been! Why did you leave! Why did you hide all these past years! Why did you call! Why did you... why did you at least send us a letter," Hoseok took a hold of Jaehye by her shoulders and shouted, "Answer me Jeon Jaehye!" he shook her. "Why!"

"Stop it!" said Jaehye as she jerk him off. Hoseok stumbled towards me, with me catching him. "I can do whatever I want without your guys' permission. I am the only left in my family anyways,"

Hoseok scoffed, "Whatever," he mumbled as he stepped out of the office.

"Why..." I began before Jaehye could walk back to her desk, "Why did you say that,"

"Say what," she asks as if she doesn't know.

"Why did you say that to Hoseok?" At this moment, I was angry with himself and Jaehye because this isn't the girl that I loved, and I hate it that I can't do anything to bring her back. I hate the fact that she's changed, but I know somewhere inside of her, the Jaehye that I know is there. Why was she locking herself away? "Hoseok, Jimin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Taehyung were all worried sick about you when you disappeared. Do you know how devasted they were. Comparing the way how "your mom" felt when "your little brother" didn't come home last night, that's how they felt about you! Except the fact the didn't return the following day... You returned seven years later!"

"Okay," was all Jaehye said as she threw her hands to the side, "I'm at fault, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving out of no where but I was the one who decided to leave because I couldn't find myself lingering around this area after Jungkook was gone. Besides, what is there for me here? Both of my parents died, and then Jungkook? I just want start anew. I don't want to be who I was then,"

"That doesn't mean you have to cut ties with us?"

"It does mean that. You guys are part of my past..."

"Wow... That's it? That's what we are to you? Just a memory? A painful memory that you don't want to remember and instead shut us all out?"

"I know that somewhere inside of you, there's a Jeon Jaehye who's screaming to get out. Please, let her out soon,"

"She's not going to come back,"

"Well I guess I'll just have to make her,"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jaehye's POV:

I rubbed my nose bridge as I had hung up the last phone call for the day. The weather was gloomy out and it was now raining. What a perfect day for this kind of weather. First it was Jinyoung, then Sunmi, and then Mark and Hoseok. Not to mention Junhong also who is probably roaming around the streets or whatever with Yongguk. Whatever they all did last night, I don't think I can let it go. I thought Yongguk would be a good guy for Junhong to hang around with, but now I feel like he's starting to be-

"Yes?" I answered as Secretary Yoon knocked on the door and then entered. "I forgot about these," she said as she handed me a gift bag, "Chairman Choi had them prepared for you and Junhong as a birthday gift,"

"Birthday gifts?" I said as I opened them. There were two similar bracelets, a silver one and a gold one. "Wait... Did you just birthday gifts?" I widen my eyes, "What day is it today?"

"The 15th ma'am." Oh my holy Cheerios. Someone shoot me right now. I hurried out of the office along with my things. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to leave right now!" I shouted out to Secretary Yoon, "If anyone call, just tell them to call me!" I rushed to the elevator, but the elevator was taking forever so instead I took the stairs. Taking off my heels, I rushed down the 35 flights of stairs as fast as I could. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! Jaehye, you ing idiot!" I curse at myself. I even face palmed myself every now and then as I jumped from one sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter