헛된: 3.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah, Noona look!" said Junhong as he stood in front of a small aquarium on the streets. "These fishes are so cute!" I stood next to him to watch as he explored the new world. I chuckled to myself, thinking, how different would it be if Jungkook were still here. Would I have left? I probably would’ve... with him. But would we have fallen in the same family together if we both left? If... If I had took the bullet instead of him. "Noona, look!" said Junhong again, startling me. Truthfully, I was only following him around to the places that he wanted to go to. "Isn't it nice?"

"What is?" I said as I stepped up to the windowpane. 

"That," he pointed to a necklace that hung with other necklaces. "That two ringed hooked necklace," 

"That-" It was exactly the same one Mark had given me seven years ago. I had hidden it away, so that the thought of him and Jin wouldn't come to me. I never expect to see another one... here.

"Isn't is beautiful? I want to get it for you,"

I looked to Junhong, "W-what?" Too late, Junhong decided on his own, "J-Junhong! Wait!" I said as I followed him inside the store. "You don't have to, we can get something else,"

"No, I like this one," he said. He went straight to the stand that had the necklace, took it and went up to the cashier. 

"Junhong, please. Don't get it,"

"Why? Is it because it's cheap," he narrowed his eyes at me, "Noona, you're a gold digger,"

I rolled my eyes, "No, that's not what I mean. It's just-" He startled me as he bent down to me. I never noticed his height before until now. Junhong was a giant. I guess sometimes my limit of treating him like a kid does go too far... Just like how I did to Jungkook.

He looked me straight in the eyes. "Noona, this is my early birthday gift to you," he smiled. He went back to his position and paid for the gift. "Let me put it on you," he said as he turned me around. I didn't hesitate to push him away; I let him put it on me as I stood there. "Let's see," he said as he took me over to a mirror, "Wah! It's perfect on you!" 

"Thanks," I said trying to sound as happy as I can. I look at it in the mirror and thought about how Mark and Jin were doing at the moment. Were they really looking for me? I should be more surprise at the thought of Jin looking for me because he’s engage now isn’t he? Or married. Why would he be looking for me?

We soon came upon a clothing store that was a few blocks away from the previous store we entered. "I'm guessing this store just opened," I said as we entered. "Hanshim Clothing... Oh, it's Hanshim Organization,"

"Hanshim?" said Junhong.

I looked at him, "Dad made a contract with them when we left to the states,"

"How do you know?" he asked me as he scans through the racket of shirts.

"I was working with them in the States," I answered. 

"Hi, welcome to Hanshim Clothing, how can I help you today?" 

"Oh, hi," Junhong answered, "Do you guys have a size small in this?" I turned around to the employer. When our eyes met, we were both in shock.

"N-N-Noona..." said Yugyeom, "Jaehye noona," I looked away from him, "You're Jaehye noona right? Oh my gosh, you're really Jaehye noona!" I tried to turn myself back around but he grabbed me and shook me, "Jaehye where have you been! Do you how much we've looked for you?! Noona!" 

"Yah!" shouted Junhong as he pushed Yugyeom off, "Who are you calling noona," he looked at me, "Let's get out of here," 

"Noona!" Yugyeom called as Junhong and I walked out. 

"Do you know that man?" Junhong asked me as we were far from the store's sight, "Why was he calling you noona and asking you where you've been?"

"He must've mistaken me for someone else," I lied. "I don't know, I've been getting a lot of that ever since we came back to Seoul," Junhong nodded at me. Now I'm hoping that Yugyeom doesn't tell Mark or Jin about me. I don't want either of them to come looking for me. I jumped as my phone rang. It was mom, "Ye, omoni," I answered, "Ye, we'll be there in a bit... Yes ma'am... Alright... See you too,"

"Mom?" said Junhong as I hung up, "What does she want,"

"She wants us to head there right now," I answered.

"What? But it's not even time yet. We s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter