헛된: 12.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehye's POV:

Junhong did all this?! What the- Junhong... "I saw him coming in from the window," Mom continued, "So I decided to surprise him. I got the candles and cake ready, and as the door opened, I was about to say Happy Birthday but he- he- he just roared in madness," she cried again, "I don't know what's gotten into him!"

"Choi Junhong!" Dad shouted. He gestures for his men to get Junhong but I stopped them. "No wait!" I said. Dad looked to me, "I'll go to him," I nodded to him for assurance. I'm sure Mom needs him more than anything right now. It's true that they barely see each other but they love each other.

I made my way towards the stairs and up. I heard a few crashing noises as I walked half way. Has Junhong really gone crazy? I guess coming back to Korea wasn't a good idea for either of us. "URRGGHH AAHHHHH!" I sighed with my eyes close as I heard Junhong’s roaring and more crashing. He's seriously going to tear down this place if I don't stop him. With our presents in one hand, I slowly approached his bedroom. "Junhong?" I said as I opened his door. His room was a mess. He had wrecked almost everything. Every picture frame was on the ground, and the pictures were ripped apart. His clothes were thrown everywhere, his trophies from track and swimming was broken into pieces, and books and papers scattered around the floor. Even his mirror was broken from what seemed like a punch. Junhong was sitting at the corner of his bed, hugging his feet towards his chest as he hid his face away. I looked at his knuckles and saw that they were bleeding. I hated how him makes me feel so guilty...

I sighed and went up to sit next to him, "Junhong ah..." I said in a whisper. "Look at me," I waited for him to answer, but not even his body budged at my existence. I took out his present that Mom had prepared for us. His gold bracelet that engraved his name in a cursive was beautiful. "Omma got this for the both of us... For our birthdays." I smiled, "Happy Birthday, Choi Junhong," I took his hand and hooked the bracelet on him right away. "Gold because you're always the best one in the family with all the gold troph-" 

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOOOUUU!" Junhong shouted as he pinned me down on his bed. "IF YOU ONLY SAW ME AS A LITTLE BROTHER THEN WHY DID YOU LEAD ME ON?! WHY! WHY! WHY!" Tears fell down from his eyes to my face as I stared at him in silence. "WHO ARE YOU TO DO THIS TO ME, JEON JAEHYE!" Jeon Jaehye... Why does it strike me more when he calls me that? Ignoring him, I tried to get him off me but his grip was too tight and hard. “Where do you think you're going!" he said, "You're going to stay right here, until I'm satisfied!" Junhong leaned down to my left shoulder and bit on it. I cried mentally from the pain as I held my hands into fists. No man should treat a woman like this. Right when Junhong leaned back up, I slipped my right hand out and punched him. I sat up and held onto my shoulder. His bite mark was red with a tiny bloodstain coming out.

"Where are you going?!" Junhong shout once more as I tried to get up. I jerked his hand off me as I held both his hands down. He struggled to get them back and panicked, as he couldn't get his hands out of my grip. It's been a while since I've used my strength, and I don’t intend to use it this way. "Junhong," I said in a calm serious tone. "Stop it," He ignored me, still trying to get out of my grip. I leaned on his head and locked his eyes with mine. He froze for a bit as I spoke, "I'm sincerely sorry, Choi Junhong. I'm sorry I can't return the same feelings back, but having me beside your side is enough, isn't it? I've been with you for 7 years now, isn't that enough? We've shared so many things together, and gone through many similar problems, so isn't me being your noona the best thing that's ever happened? I lost my brother, and you lost your sister, but look... we found each other. We were given the chance to renew our bonds with our siblings spiritually through one another. Isn't that enough?" Junhong didn't respond. Instead, he broke down once more and I held him in my arms. "I'm sorry… We probably should go back to America, shouldn't we?" he nodded as he whimpered in my pained shoulder. I smiled, "Arasso, we'll go back,"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Junhong’s POV:

Jaehye noona told me to wash up and then go apologize to Mom after I'm done. I know I went overboard... I even scared the hell out of Mom. I didn't mean, I just- I just couldn't control myself. After that fight that happened at Base, I feel like something or someone had taken over my body. I just feel this thing building up inside of me. When that dude was punching me last night, I couldn't help but think how hopeless I was. The angers and sadness I've been holding back just suddenly exploded inside of me. With Jaehye pushing me away, it made me even sadder, especially when it's my birthday. All I wanted was for us to spend it together like how we've always been when she came along. It was only and has always been Jaehye noona who would celebrate it with me. Mom and Dad were too busy with their work. They weren't even there when Heejin noona took her last breath! I stood by her side until she was fully gone from the world! I didn't think they had the right to even cry when she was gone... They didn't care for her.

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. My face had bruises on it from last night's fight. Treating it now is probably too late. It'll leave a mark for a fact. As I brushed my hair with my fingers, I noticed the golden bracelet that Jaehye had put on me.

"Omma got this for both of us," 

I sighed as I touched the bracelet. I took it off and scanned to see that my name was engraved on the inside of it. It was a catchy bracelet. "You better watch yourself," I turned myself around to face the same boy that I've been seeing ever since Jaehye was around. "You're lucky Jaehye noona is trea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter