M.E.E.T.I.N.G

Fallen Angel

The rain mercilessly pummelled down upon the Soul town. The streets were deserted on this rain-full evening as not a spot was left dry, the people retreating into the comforting warmth with their families and loved ones but some were still outside with an umbrella. The wind picked up strength as it blew over the houses, a reminder of the oncoming cold season of winter that was fast approaching. Rainy days such as these were bound to keep family members together and strengthen the bond of the relatives. But not with Myungsoo, he spent most of his time locking himself at his apartment. He is a photographer, a professional photographer. He has renowned photographer who was actually a passionate, affectionate warm hearted man but after his girlfriend died, he is now become an arrogant man who doesn’t believes in love and isolated himself from outside. Even though most of his model was crazy about him. But semmed he didn't care at all. After work, he spent most of his time at home. Myungsoo was sitting on his leather couch with black coffee on his hand. His eyes were peered at the boring TV channels. He didn't know what actually he was watching. The rain was continuously pouring outside there, creating a special melody. Myungsoo closed his eyes, enjoying the sound of the rain while drinking his hot coffee slowly, taste the bitterness from each gulp. But suddenly he opened his eyes when he heard some noise, like a heavy thing fall down. He perked his ears to hear the sound carefully but the sound was gone. 'Maybe it just the rain.' Myungsoo thought as he ignored the sound. But then sound was heard again but it was a different sound from before, like someone was in pain. Myungsoo tried to ignore the sound but it's getting clear. Myungsoo then got up from his seat and peered out the window. The sound is getting clear and loud. It came from the balcony. Myungsoo took the umbrella behind the sofa and slowly opens the backside door to the balcony. Myungsoo walked carefully towards the balcony, his pots were messy from the storm. His canopy was broken.

'What a mess.' Myungsoo thought as he walked to the left side but then he stopped his way pupon hearing the sound again nearby and Myungsoo turned around when finding the source was behind him. He gasped at what he saw on the wet, dirt-stained ground, the object staggering near the wall for support as it clumsily stood up.

"H…hel..p…"

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at the strange object. The object was moving, almost its body was covered with white and it has wings.

'A big bird?' Myungsoo thought as he approached the object carefully. The object turned to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was unable to form any words as he cautiously took a step back which the object responded with a step forward.

"P-p…lease…h…elp…"

"Woaaaaa..." Myungsoo yelled as the object took another two steps forward and proceeded to reach its arm out in a futile attempt to touch Myungsoo. The object fell to its knees and panted heavily in utter exhaust, then turned to reach out in desperation.

"I…I…"

"W..what are you?"

The object gasped and looked up as Myungsoo continued to shakily walk away from it. It shook its head and stood up shakily as well.

"Don't be afraid, I'm an angel. I won't hurt you."

"Angel? What angel? How you get here?"

"Flying of course."

"Don't lie to me. You must be a thief. I should call police." Myungsoo shakily pointed at the object.

"What police mean? What thief mean? I'm not thief, I'm angel. My name is Lee Sungyeol." Sungyeol stood up as he walked towards Myungsoo.

"Stay away. You think I'm a three years old kid. If you're really an angel, then prove it. Just fly for me." Myungsoo challenged him.

"It's easy." Sungyeol smiled as he spread his wings widely. But then he let out an 'ouch' as he turned to his left, a quite long wooden sticks pierced on his left wing. "Looks like my left wing is broken."

"Just say that you're a liar. But a thief wouldn't wear such weird costume. You must be a crazy guy." Myungsoo humiliated him.

Sungyeol looked at him with teary eyes as he pursed his lips, ready to burst into cries. "I really an angel."

Myungsoo looked at him weirdly before walked inside his house. He slammed the door behind him, leaving the tall angel. Sungyeol feels sad at his reaction. He never know that human could be this cold. He thought human is all good just like angel. But this man that Sungyeol met was a totally heartless and ill-mannered. He even didn't let Sungyeol in.

Sungyeol squated down as he hugged his knees and sniffed. "Dad, Sunggyu hyung, Jongie, Yeol missed you."

 

Myungsoo woke up to the sound of his cell phone going off, blasting a loud tune ringing in his ears. His hand searching across his bedside table, he picked up the object and pressed the answer button.

"Yeobseyo?" he asked, his voice groggy from the unfinished sleep.

"Where the hell are you, man?" he heard his best friend's voice ask from the other end of the line, "I thought we have an important meeting with the models today. I can’t wait to start our project.” the guy reminded him.

"Yeah, I know, so you can check out the hot body with the huge ." he used his friend's words, not his own.

Daehyun, the friend, smiled, "Damn right! Anyway, are you coming or what?"

Myungsoo sighed, "I'll be there in a bit, see ya."

He hung up, but managed to hear Daehyun groan on the other end before he threw his phone back down beside him on the bed.

It was way too early in the morning to be putting up with this yhing. But he thanked god he was off work for the week so he could sleep later. Myungsoo got up from his bad and took his towel. He was about to walk to the bathroom but then stopped his way. “Seems I saw a weird guy last night. Or that was just my dream.”

Myungsoo then walked to the window and peered out the window. Nothing is there.

‘Hm.. Maybe i just dreaming.’ Myungsoo thought as he turned to the bathroom. But then suddenly he heard something hit the window. Myungsoo turned around and gasped. “Wooaaa...”

A face appeared on the window. The face that he saw last night.

“H..help me...” the face talked to him.

“Ya... Go away, you crazy man.” Myungsoo yelled from inside.

“Help me, my wing is broken. I can’t go home.” The angel said with pleading face.

“Just go away or I’ll call police.”

“Please, I should go back to heaven before my time is over.” The angel now is starting to cry.

Myungsoo looked at him carefully. His body is still dirty and his what-he-called was a bit bloody.

‘Is he reaaly an angel? Didn’t they stay in heaven? Why the hel an angel come to earth?’ Myungsoo thought as he scanned on the tall angel outside his window. Myungsoo then doubtfully open the backside door. He hesitantly walked to the balcony and approaching the angel.

“Are you really an angel?” Myungsoo asked as he narrowed his eyes. The tall one nodded slowly.

“Why are you here?”

“I came here to visit earth but the storm hit me so I lost my balancing and fell down.”

“Your wing is broken, right?” the angel noodeed again.

“Okay, I’ll help you to heal your wound.” Myungsoo said to him. The angel looked up. “Really?”

Myungsoo nodded. “Um.. but then you have to do something for me.Didn’t an angel’s task is to grant the human’s prayer?”

Sungyeol looked at him innocenty. “What’s your request then?”

Myungsoo smiled. “I’ll tell you later, now just come in.”