P.R.O.L.O.G.U.E

Fallen Angel

There's a beautiful angel, flying in the heavens with his wings, and looking down to the human world with interest.  He always feel curious with earth and all about the human being. He could spend the whole day watching on human activities. For him, human is unique and interesting. They were gifted with so much bless from the God. Unlike a human, angel was created without expression or in other word, plain. They have no much expression but it doesn't mean they don't have feeling. They could feel human's sadness, anger, happiness, love, lust, but they can't describe those feelings properly. So that's why, he wanted to know and feel those kind of feelings. His big dream is going to earth but everytime he asked his father, his father always say the same thing.

"No, a big NO for you. How many time do I have to tell you, earth is danger place for an angel, Yeol. That's not your place. We could give our bless from above to good people but to go there directly was forbidden." Lee Howon, God of Knowledge spoke.

"Dad, I promise I will be careful, extremely careful so human won't see me. Just once. Pleaseeeeee..." Sungyeol said with his big puppy eyes, the weapon that could melt every heart.

"Once I said no, it means no, Yeol. You're  a bit clumsy. Remember when you help Woohyun to shoot his love arrow to a couple, you missed it then the arrow landed on an old lady nearby them." Lee Howon explained.

"That was an accident. Furthermore, I'm not a good archer like Woohyun hyung, so it's acceptable if I failed." Sungyeol pointed.

"And how about when you tried to help Dongwoo to make drizzle rain but because you read a wrong spell, you made a storm instead. Fortunately, there’s no victim."

"Ya, dad, why were you talking about my failures? That's nothing to do with my mission to earth." Sungyeol frowned. Actually he was embarrased at his father’s statement. He did know that he was a bit clumsy. But everything could be learned, and Sungyeol sure that he would do the best if he want to try.

"That's the problem, Yeol. It becomes a public secret that you're the most clumsiest angel in this entire heaven. You even still couldn't fly properly. So how could I allow you to go to earth. Human world is too dangerous. They are the most complicated creature that God has made. So you better to stay away from them.”

“I don’t care, I want go to earth, go to earth, go to earth.” Sungyeol cried as he stormed out the room.

Hoya sighed as he looking at the tall angel left the room. "Looks like I'm too much spoiling him."

“What’s up, buddy? Your little baby was showing his tantrums again?”  a voice was heard from behind, making Hoya turned his head. Woohyun, God of Love was smiling calmly at him.

“Yeah, and it always about the same thing, he want to go to earth.” Hoya sighed. Woohyun smiled widely as he patted Hoya’s shoulder. “Don’t worry too much, he has his own way.”

 

Sungyeol grunted as he walked to the Eden tree and sitting under the tree.

"I hate father. He always underestimate me." Sungyeol pouted by himself.

"What's wrong, son? Why do you look so angry?" suddenly a voice was heard from the tree as big tree behind Sungyeol suddenly turned into a a man.

Sungyeol gasped and turned around. "Oh, my, you scared me, Sungjong-ah. Why are you turn yourself into a tree?"

Sungjong laughed as sat beside Sungyeol. "I was practising my new skill from Master Jungyeop."

Sungjong is a new trainee in heaven. God is planning to make him the God of Beauty. Maybe it sounds a bit awkward for a male to be a God of Beauty. But even though he is a male but his beauty was unbeatable. Sungyeol even mistaken him as a woman when they first met.

"Why do you look unhappy? You know, a pouty face never looks good and I hate it."

Sungyeol sighed. "I was mad with my dad."

"What God Hoya do to you?" Sungjong tilted his head.

"Dad forbid me to go to earth."

"Earth? You mean human's world?" Sungyeol nodded.

"Why do you want to go there? Master Jungyeop said human's world was dangerous."

"No, I Don't see the danger side at all. I find it interesting. Even though sometimes I was confused with them but it made me become more excited to know."

"But didn't it forbidden place for an angel to go? We only could give our bless from heaven."

"I Don't care. I want to go there. I will find a way to go there secretly."

"How?" Sungjong asked plainly.

Sungyeol lowered his head. "I don't know."

Sungjong looked at him with concern. Sungyeol was his first friend since he stepped into heaven. He really want to help him. Actually Sungjong is a loner boy from earth. Because he was a good boy and a very kind-hearted, that's why God took him to become a trainee God in heaven. Heaven's biggest rule, once you pass through the gate, you will forget all of your memories. That's why, Sungjong felt unfamiliar with earth thing.

"Ah, I got an idea." Sungjong clapped his hands together, making Sungyeol who was busy with his thought gasped.

"Ya, Lee Sungjong, why you always like to surprise me. Fortunately, I didn't get heart attack." Sungyeol said annoyingly.

"Mianhe, hyung. I just too excited to help you." Sungjong grinned.

"Now, just tell me your idea."

"I know someone who can help you. You know Sunggyu, God of the Time? He signifies a time lapse, a moment of indeterminate time in which everything happens.He is the protector of heaven's time gate. He must be able to help you, hyung.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened in excitement, “You’re right, I have to find Gyu hyung. He mus be willing to help me. We’re bestfriend afterall.”

 

A 25 year old man with a black fedora and a long black coat, along with a suit, enters a taxi with a bouquet of white lilies that's. As he sits down on the seats, the driver is a 40 year old-looking, strange golden white haired, dark brown-eyed man, with a hat that resembles a rich person's lime driver and a white suit. He looks at his passenger with the rearview mirror.

"Where to, sir?" The man leans against the door and stares out at the window, watching couples walking by in pure bliss. The stranger's eyes darken a little.

"To Paradise Grave."

"Come again?" A pair of dangerous acid-color eyes stares at the driver from the corner of his eyes, the look that could scare a tiger.

"To Paradise Grave." His tone turns harsher a little bit, impatient and annoyed by the person's lack of focus.

"Okay, Sir."

The man sighs softly and covers his eyes with his left hand. "I'm sorry…I'm in a bad mood lately…If you don't want to drive me there, just leave me at the street of it. I'll walk there…" The driver stares at his passenger's look and starts the engine.

"Lost a friend?" The man lets out a chuckle, his hand covering his left eye while his right one gleams with a dim light.

"Someone precious than a friend." Having nothing to say, the driver steps on the pedal and the man watches the scenes outside the window move along, switching from buildings and people to the fresh green grass and blue skies.

 

Flashback

"I'm gonna get you, Jin!" A man ran towards a beautiful, skinny, brunette girl, laughing with a happy smile on his face.

"You can't catch me! Haha!" Jin, the brunette, ran towards the trees and flowers, hiding behind one of the large trees. She waited for the man to find her and after a minute, she looked behind the tree she hid at, only to find nothing but the scenery. "Huh?" Confused and curious where the person went off to, Jin comes out of her hiding spot, only to get tackled to the ground.

"Got'cha!" A familiar voice and a soft rub on the head let Jin knew who it was and laughed, pouting a bit.

"No fair, you climb those trees!" But a soft smile is on her face before she turned over, lying on her back. He stared at two midnight dark eyes and wrapped her arms around a pale neck.

"All is fair in love and war." A mirthful chuckle escaped those beautiful but small lips, making the man on top of her laugh too.

"You're really a flirt, you know that, Myungsoo oppa?" Two pale hands cups those freckled cheeks, Myungsoo's face leaning close.

"Oh but I know you love it when I'm flirting with only you." Jin rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"And I'm sure your ego isn't getting bigger, oppa." Myungsoo chuckled at the sarcastic joke and rubbed his nose against Jin's.

"You'll still love me anyway though." Myungsoo pressed his forehead against the milky, pale one, staring into her eyes. Jin blushed a bit.

"I love you for who you are, oppa. No matter what." Myungsoo stared at the emerald eyes, one of Jin's cheeks.

"And I love you. No matter how different you are from the others, you are still my Jin, my love, my life. You're my beautiful angel of light." Myungsoo said as he leaned closer to Jin.

The two shared a loving kiss with the light gleaming onto them, giving them a heavenly glow.

End of Flashback

 

"Sir, we're here." Myungsoo snaps out of his daze and looks outside to find deretan pemakaman.

"Ah. Thank you. How much?" Myungsoo took out a wallet from one of his coat's pocket, checking the amount of money he has in it.

"None."

Myungsoo raises his head in confusion, the driver looks at him with a sympathetic look. "None, sir…a drive to Paradise Grave isn't an easy road to go but it's hard to see the passengers hurt so much. But seeing your look, I must say that this fellow has made a great deal in your life, did they?" Myungsoo looks at the stranger silently before averting his pain-filled eyes.

"She did…"

 

Flashback

Myungsoo felt a painful punch across his face before his back was hit against the wall, the side of his mouth coated in blood. He watched as the group of kids fighting with him mock his weakness before leaving him alone in the alley. With his head hanging low and his body full of bloody wounds, he sat in silence and pain. His mom was dead, his father doesn't want him, his friends betrayed him and his whole family avoided him like a plague. What else does he have left in the world?

"I have nothing to do in this world anymore." Myungsoo closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to consume him.

"I have nothing left."

"H-Hey."

Myungsoo raised his head and opened his eyes, looking at the face of an angel.

Freckled cheeks, beautiful eye, auburn brown hair. Magnificent.

"Wha…What do you want?" Myungsoo said harshly, making the brunette flinch from the hostility. She reached a hand out to Myungsoo and put a hand on his head.

"D-Don't move…I'll help you."

"I don't need any help."

The brunette stared at Myungsoo with a silent gaze.

"Then do you want to waste your future?".

Myungsoo scoffed at that question. "Future? Heh…What do I have left for the future?"

"Why don't you live your life and find out?"

Myungsoo stared at the brunette in front of him, shocked by the determine look on her face.

"If I do…will I find someone who cares about me?" The brunette didn't answer for a while. Of course, getting asked by someone you just met is a bit too early. After a thoughtful thinking, the brunette nods a bit.

"But only if you live your life to the fullest…No one is meant to be alone after all." Myungsoo stared in bewilderment before asking in a soft tone.

"Who…are you?" The brunette made a smile before a grin was formed on his face.

"Jin. My name is Jin."

Never have Myungsoo seen a more beautiful angel in his life.

End of Flashback

 

"Thank you for the free drive, Mr." Myungsoo comes out of the taxi, his back facing the car as the driver tips his hat down a bit before smiling, a shadow covering over his eyes.

"Don't sad too much, Sir, your future is still waiting for you." Myungsoo turned around and smiled bitterly at the taxi driver before walked away. Myungsoo walks down the dark path. It was quite a short walk, being 5 mins away. When he reaches the entrance gates, he stares at it. The sky is clearly only afternoon but in Paradise Grave, it still holds a dark, eerie feeling as if it's past midnight. Myungsoo pushes effortlessly against the rusty, black gates, making a creak sound throughout the area.

He walks down the gray path that leads to the part of the graveyard. He looks around as he walks down the path, already familiar with it after his frequent visits.

 

Flashback

"Oppa."

"Hm?"

Jin snuggled closer to Myungsoo on the former's bed, smiling from the warmth she receives from the latter.

"If I die, promise me that you will live happily for me." The statement made the black-haired male gasp a bit.

"What are you talking about?" Myungsoo stared at the brunette deeply.

Jin smiled sweetly at him. "I want Myungie oppa to be happy even without me." Myungsoo stared at her with a curious expression on his face.

"Don't say such thing. I don't want to hear it."

"Nothing is absolute in this world oppa. We can't live forever."

"Yeah, but at least we can get married first, having a lot of children, and getting old together."

Jin raised his head to look at Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked down as he her strands.

"Ya, I'm proposing to you right now." Myungsoo blushed a but Jin can only make before smiling with blissful joy.

"Of course I do. I love you, oopa." she nuzzled Myungsoo's neck while the older male roamed his hand through auburn brown locks.

"And I love you...my love."

End of Flashback

 

Black shoes stop in front of a lone grave that seems to be in the brightest spot in the whole graveyard. Myungsoo stares at the tombstone on the grave with half-lid eyes, his hand shaking a little.

 

Park Myungeun aka Jin

12-06-1996 – 21-03-2014

 

May he rest in peace.

A great girl, a lovable nephew, a caring friend, a perfect girlfriend.

 

Myungsoo grits his teeth as his eyes sting a little, his vision slowly becomes blurry before he falls onto his knees, crying and mourning for his beloved one.

 

And an angel loved by all…

 

"Jin…" Myungsoo raises his head to stare at the tombstone with tears streaming down his cheeks. "Jin… I brought something for you…" He rummages in his coat pocket, pulling out a black box. "Do you remember that promise that I made with you…?" He smiles sadly and opens the box, showing a platinum ring with a black, heart-shaped jewel. In the ring is a craving that says 'MLJ' and markings of flames on it. "Jin-ah…I love you, Jin…You were the reason I lived to this day…to this moment…Without you…I wouldn't have known how bright my future can be…"

He struggles to keep his voice strong but it wasn't easy… "You were my light…my angel...my life…no one, not even my own family, care about me…But you…you didn't care what I was and loved me for who I am…I love you for your determination, your heart, your soul…I love you for you…I want to marry you, to live my life with you…so…please…" Myungsoo puts the box down on the ground, gripping it.

"Please, come back..."

Myungsoo soon broke down in tears, with no resistant as he mourns over the death of his love one.

 

“No, Yeol, I can’t. It’s forbidden. I can’t break the rule.” Sunggyu refused.

“Come on, hyung, just once, pleaseee. I swear I wouldn’t tell anybody. This is our secret.” Sungyeol pleaded.

“I can’t, Yeol. If God knows, He will be punished me.”

“Hyung, we’re bestfriend, aren’t we? I just need go there once, just once, just a couple minutes and I’ll be back again. Pleaseeeeeee.” Sungyeol showed his best aegyo to Sunggyu, Sunggyu’s heart got weaken. Sunggyu sighed heavily. Sungyeol knows he almost manage to affect him.

“Hyung, I promise this is my last wish. I won’t disturb you anymore hyung. I swear.”

“Okay, okay, I know you won’t stop until I say yes, are you? Fine, I’ll help you but just this time and promise me, no swear to me, that you won’t take long. I give you an hour.” Sunggyu finally spoke.

Sungyeol jumped happily as he hugged Sunggyu tightly. “ Gumawoooooo, hyung. You’re the best.”

“Stop it, you moron. Don’t feel too happy. You have to go back immediately before the heaven’s alarm rang or you can’t go back until a new human’s soul is taken from earth. I’ll give you this bracelet to remind you the time.”

Sungyeol nodded at Sunggyu’s explanation. He can’t hide his excitement.

“Follow me, Yeol.” Sunggyu said as he lead Sungyeol to the big white elevator. Sungyeol transports to the launching pad and steps on it. A second later, it activates and Sungyeol is shot away, breaking past the higher barrier into the human world.