Is This Fate?

Fallen Angel

"Father, please forgive me. I know I've done something terrible." Hoya knelt down.

"You betrayed me, Son. You must be punished."

"I know, Father. I will take full responsibility. But please let her go. She is carrying our son."

"Human and angel shouldn't be together. She is a human but she has absorbed your heavenly elements, that makes her become forever young. And now she is carrying your son. This broke heaven's rule. But no matter what, there's a life inside her, a half human-angel child. I can't hurt them. But as another punishment, once that child was born, I will take him back to heaven and for that woman, I will remove all of her memories. She wouldn't remember you and even your son. And from now on, I forbid all angel to enter earth anymore except there's a special mission or it's written on their fate. If anybody breaks the rule, they can't go back to heaven anymore. And for you, I really disappointed with you, Son. You're my dependable angel. But you did a huge mistake. For punishment, I will take back your wings and your power. And I will isolate you until your son was born." with that Hoya felt his back was aching. Hoya let out a moan of pain. He knew what was happening. He could feel his wings being taken from his back. It felt like hell. Literally. He was burning. His wings were burning. He let out another moan. Then another. Then, finally, it stopped. His wings were gone.

 

Hoya POV

I opened my eyes with sweat run down my face. That dream. No, that memories. That horrible yet beautiful memories that I ever had in my existence. Beautiful because I could know her, spend time with her, falling in love with her and created the most beautiful creature, our son. I did two things in all of angel history that I was not supposed to. I exposed myself to a mortal and I fell in love. I couldn't help it. As an angel, they expect you to love all humans not just one individual. That was my error. I put her before everyone else. I put her before myself. I put her before God. My own father. How could I? I should be thinking that was the last thing I, a loyal angel, would do. But it was easy. Her lips. Her eyes. Her hands. Her ears. Her laugh. Everything about this girl gave me the electrifying feeling through my spine that I wasn't supposed to experience during all my existence. I still remember the very first time I saw her. I had been assigned as her guardian angel. The one to protect her from harm and lead her into the right path. How could I do that, if I don't know what the right path is?

I had watched her grow older from a distance. I had been there when her parents had divorced. When she got into fights with her friends. When she won her first medal in balet competition. Yeah, she is a balerina. She was a good balerina. When she was dancing, she looked like a beautiful swan swimming on the pool. I always like to see her dance. Everything about her was too much beautiful. But the very worst part, I had watched when she fell with a guy who broke her heart. Each time I would want to reveal myself and talk to this guy. No, talk isn't the right word. I wanted to fight him. I wanted to hurt him as much as he had hurt her. And I wanted to be there for her. I didn't do any of that though. I stood from a distance like my father had asked. But one day, I just couldn't anymore. She was walking home. She was passing a dark alley, when two men came along. They followed her until they knew she would be trapped. Then they attacked. They tried to take off her clothes. I could hear her yelling for help. Crying. But I knew. I knew that nobody was there to hear her. When one of them hit her for yelling, that's when I couldn't take it anymore. Every part of me told me to stay still. Whatever happens happens. But I couldn't do that. I raced over toward her, revealing myself. I took the man who had hit her and I hit him back. Not just an ordinary human hit. An angel hit. One of them passed out for the night. I did the same to the one who had been taking off her clothes. I was so strong. I saw the look on her face. She was terrified. She asked me who I was, how I did that and every other question that could come to her mind. I couldn't lie to her. I told her everything. She tried to run, but I didn't let her. I was faster than her and she knew it. She knew what I was to, but she couldn't accept it. She tried to run again. I let her go. I shouldn't have though. I should have run after her. I know that now. I stayed away the next day. And the day after that. But then it hit me. I had to let her get to know me. I had never been good at socializing though. To think after all those centuries, I would know how to say hi to a pretty girl. One night, when she was alone, I came inside her house, without her knowing. She had been sleeping already. I lied down next to her and wrapped my whole body around her. Her back was towards me, but when I held her she turned around. She didn't say a word. She then looked at my lips. I knew that when girls look at men's lips they wanted a kiss. I slowly leaned in closer. I knew what I was doing was wrong. She knew too. She knew everything I did. I told her everything. We didn't care. We leaned in closer and closer until our lips were hardly inches away. Then we stopped. We looked into each other's eyes. I saw fear. She didn't know what was happening. I didn't want her to be scared of me. I leaned towards her ear and I whispered to her. I told her I loved her. I told her I wouldn't break her heart like the rest. I told her not to be frightened. The she kissed me. I swear, my heart was beating so fast I knew she could hear it too. I had butterflies up and down my spine. That electrifying feeling was back. And in that moment, everything was perfect and I was content. All that guilt for breaking the law, it was gone. With one kiss, everything changed. But you can't do something against your God. He is almighty. And my huge mistake is betray him. Because love, I forgot who I am. I ruined everything and even her life. She had to suffer because of me. But I had to leave her, for her sake. Even though my heart was broken when I saw her not remember me, not remember our son. Only Sungyeol, the one that could fill my broken heart. But now, I'm so worried about him. He was alone down there, in human world. I really afraid that he will meet bad people. And the one that made me more afraid is, he would repeat my big mistake, to fall in love with human.

 

~0~0~0~

 

"Come in, Yeol. This is my house. Just sit there. I will take the ice cube to compress your sprain leg." Bora said as she let Sungyeol to come in and helped him to sit.

"Woah, Imo, your house is soooo beautiful. There's so many colors and beautiful painting. Just like in heaven." Sungyeol said in awe as he glanced around the room. Bora chuckled.

"You're really so adorable, Yeol. My house is also an art gallery school. I'm a balerina and also a balet teacher. I teaches balet and music." Bora said as she came with a bowl of ice cube on her hand.

"Woaahh..  I like music." Sungyeol said cheerfully. "But what balet means, Imo?" he tilted his head cutely.

'This kid is so innocent. Why I feel so familiar with him?' Bora thought as he looked at him.

"Imo, tell me what balet means?" Sungyeol shooks Bora, taking her back from her thoughts.

"Ah, balet is some kind of dancing. Balet was liked by mostly girl. But if you are interest, I could teach you." Bora said as she gently compressed Sungyeol's leg. Sungyeol hissed from the coldness.

"No, Yeol is a man. I don't want to learn girly thing. Then I just want to learn music. Can you teach me?" Sungyeol looked at her with his big puppy eyes.

Bora really want to pinch his cheek for his cuteness. But she tried to control herself. No matter what, he is fully grown man and they just met. She didn't want Sungyeol to misunderstand her.

"Of course, but I don't teach music anymore. Since my student is increasing, I can't handle it by myself, so I decided to call a new music teacher. He will replace me to teach music. He is a good musician. He can play many kind of instrument." Bora explained as she glanced at the clock. "Aish, he must be forget today's class."

"Hm, he is so genius. Yeollie wants to learn music from him. Hopefully he wants to teach me. Where's he, imo?"

"Maybe he is on his way. Today is his first day. Our music class will start on 7. I'm going to call him. Wait a minute, Yeol." Bora said as she picked her phone, but at the same moment, someone's voice was heard, following by a man's appearance. "I hope I come in time."

Bora and Sungyeol turned their heads to the voice.

"Ah, You finally come, Myungsoo-ah." Bora said while Sungyeol widened his eyes.