8

Vacation?

The sun appears slowly from the sky. The sunlight is waking others up from their beauty sleep.

Kai, Haru, Han, Ji and Sanga are done burying Chris. He was dead right after he's done talking.


 

"I guess its only 9 of us now." Kai said while resting besides Chris' grave.


 

"Let's stay together till the end." Ji wipes her eyes. She was crying hard after Chris dead.


 

"Till the rescue team find us." Sanga watches the sunrise with a gloomy feeling.


 

"I hope they can find us quickly here." Han is the one who feels the most guilty because he cant do anything to help Chris to stay alive even tho he is a doctor.


 

Haru saw it.


 

The guilty face.


 

"Hey, its not your fault. You tried." He pats Han's shoulder.


 

"I cant help but feeling guilty on this." Han looks at the grave before he walks away from it.


 

"Where are you going?" Ji looks at him, worried about what he might do next.


 

Han just picks up a rock and a stone. He uses the stone to carve something on the rock before he puts it on Chris's grave.


 


 

          Chris

        Died on

March 13th 2014


 


 

He sighs before he looks at Ji.

 

"Nowhere"


 

****


 

Ann wakes up after a long sleep. There is no one besides her.


 

"Ann, done sleeping?" Sarah shouted from the shore.


 

Everybody are standing while facing the sea with a twig in their hand.


 

Ann yawns before walks towards others.


 

The baby is on Han's back. He tie him on his back so he can go back to sleep.


 

Kai puts his shirt on the baby's head so that he can sleep without being bother about the sun.


 

"What are you guys doing?" She stretches her body.


 

"We are trying to brush our teeth with this" Celina shows the twig in her hand.


 

"Good. Now everybody is here. It will be easier for me to teach you guys." Han gives Ann one stick.


 

"I already soak the stick into the water for 30 minutes. I think we can use it now."


 

"Are you sure it will work?" Ji looks at Sanga.


 

"Listen to the doctor, Ji." The latter shooed her.


 

"Now, you guys have to peel off the bark for about half an inch with your teeth like this." Han starts peel it off by using his teeth while others are watching at him.


 

"Ewww. It feels nasty." Ann spits out the bark.


 

"Yes, it tasted a bit nasty at first. But you will feel good after you brush your teeth with this." Han watches Celina and Sarah making weird face because of the nasty taste.


 

"Ok, done with it? We need to chew on the half-an-inch part" Han demonstrates it again.


 

All of them follow his act. After the half-an-inch part turns Brussels, all of them stop chewing on it.


 

Han picks up the container that he used to soak the twigs.


 

"Put it in the water to make the Brussels a bit softer. I think we have to wait for at least 5 minutes. Since there is only one container, hold onto it while we soak it." All of them soak their twig while circling the container.


 

"Ok, done. Now lets start to brush out teeth with this." All of them look at Han, cant wait to get rid the uncomfortable feeling in their mouth.


 

Han use the twig to brush his teeth from up to down.


 

"For above front teeth, up to down. For below front teeth, from down to up. For the inside teeth, just go back and forth. For the back side, brush it like front teeth, but coming from back angle. You can use it for your tongue too." Han shows them how to use the stick.


 

"This is like painting. I like it." Sanga brushes her teeth happily.


 

"This is much better than the usual toothbrush!" Haru said after they are done with their teeth brushing session.


 

"Keep the stick for you to use it next time." Han keeps his twig in his pocket.


 

"Thanks, Han. I feel much better than before" Sanga said while jumping around.


 

"Lets eat our breakfast!" Ji waves the fruits to them. Its the yesterday apples.


 

****


 

"I've got something fun to do! I always wanna try it at the beach but i think it will take a lot of time to do it." Sanga said excitedly.


 

She picks up a long stick and draw 3 circles around the campfire.


 

She looks at the rest, then back to the circle.


 

"I think this is more than enough. Come on, help me to do this awesome thing!" She drags Haru and Kai.


 

Han is napping with the baby under the tree.


 

Others just resting while watching the hyper Sanga.


 

"What should we do?" Both of them are just standing in the circle.


 

"Lets dig it!" She marks the circle as A, B and C.


 

"Dig circle A deep and circle B deeper but don't touch circle C" Haru and Kai just look at the hyper girl, trying to digest what her idea is.


 

"I got it! Wow, nice idea, Sanga!" Haru hi-5 with her.


 

"What idea? I cant even imagine it" Kai look at both of them.


 

"Nevermind, you will see it after we done digging these!" Haru just nodded excitedly besides her.


 

After 30 minutes digging, Ji and Ann joined them too. They are done with the circle A.


 

"I think I've got the idea of doing this" Ann wipes her sweats.


 

"Lets finish this quickly" Sarah and Celina fall asleep while waiting for the construction to be done.


 

****


 

"Man, this is fantastic!" Kai rest while looking at the fire in the middle.


 

They are done digging before its dark.


 

"Thanks, Sanga." Haru lies on his back and looks at the sky.


 

It's clear today and there are a lot of stars.


 

"Nah, i should thank you guys. I dont think i can do this on my own. My wish of making this has been fulfilled because of you guys."


 

Suddenly the baby cries and wake the others up.


 

Han yawns before holding the baby up.


 

Celina and Sarah stretch their tired body.


 

"They are done. Should we go there?" Sarah yawns.


 

Celina just nodded at the latter before both of them go to the new look of the campfire.


 

"Welcome~ And enjoy your stay" Ji moves a bit to the right to give some space for both of them.


 

"Wow, this is awesome" Han joins them with the baby.


 

Haru feed the baby with the crushed apple.


 

"A lot of things happened today." Ann stretches her body.


 

"Yeah, Chris died, we learnt to brush our teeth with a twig, we dug this awesome campfire" Sanga just watches the firewood.


 

"We forgot to do one thing tho. Guess what?" Ji look at all of them.


 

"Huh? I don't know." Sanga just looking at the girl, wanting to know what they missed to do.


 

"Let's make it to be fun. Guess it, guys" Ji smirks while looking at their thinking face.


 

"We didn't collect fruits for tomorrow?" Celina looks at Ji.


 

"Nah. Ann and I picked it while you slept just now."


 

"Water?" Sarah turns to Ji.


 

"Han and Sanga already did it."


 

"My brain didn't work properly right now so I give up" Han stretches his body.


 

"Too early, doctor"


 

"We forgot to make a raft to go back home" Kai stares at the stars.


 

"Nope"


 

"Is it important for us to do it today?" Haru is feeding the baby.


 

"Yes, it is! We actually should do this from yesterday!"


 

"So why we didn't do it yesterday?" Sarah grabs an apple. She's hungry after sleeping all day.


 

"Because we forgot it. And we almost forgot to do it today too!"


 

"Do we need to go into the jungle to do this?" Ann plays with the baby legs.


 

"No. We can even do it right now!"


 

"Ok, so lets do it!" Kai eats an apple.


 

"You guys are hopeless. We forgot to name the baby!" All of them are looking at the nameless baby who is eating the crushed apples happily.


 

"Since we are hopeless, let's name him Hope." Han smile mischievously.


 

All of them laugh at him.


 

"So we are not hopeless anymore. We have Hope with us!" Haru hi-5 with Han.


 

"Baby Hope. Cool!" Kai pats his head.


 

"Han, how old is he?" Sanga pinch his chubby cheek playfully.


 

"I'm not really sure. Maybe in between 7 to 9 months."


 

"So he will starts walking around soon." Sarah smiles at him.


 

*****