7

Vacation?

Sanga wakes up after such a nice sleep. She looks around before she remembers that she is still on the island.

Its their second day on that uninhabited island. She stands up and go into the salt water. She's thinking of taking bath and swimming before any of them awake but suddenly Celina appears.


 

Hey, stop! What are you doing?” She is shocked by the sudden force that come from Celina.


 

Celina runs to her and drags her to the shore.


 

What are YOU doing? Are you trying to attempt suicide in the water?” Celina struggles to drag her out of the water despite of her wounded leg.


 

What are you talking about, Celina? I just wanna take a bath! And its just at a thigh-high water level” Celina stops before slowly let go of her.


 

Sorry, I thought you gonna kill yourself..” The girl scratches the back of her neck.


 

The sudden pains that comes to her nerves system makes her hissed. She can feels the contact between her wounded leg and seawater.


 

Han is going to be mad at you for being so careless.” She picks Celina up in bridal style before quickly go to the shore.


 

And you are so heavy” She mumbles.


 

What? I'm just 45kg! Its you who are weak” Celina is still holding onto her.


 

What do you expect from a painter like me?” She puts her down before checking on the girl's leg.


 


 

The bandage is wet and there's some blood stain on it.


 

Should I wake Han up?”


 

What if he got angry at me?” Celina is clenching her teeth.


 

But its better for him to check on your leg than let it be infected by the germs”


 

Ok..”


 

Wait for me here” She stands up and wake the doctor up.


 


 

The doctor quickly wakes up after she told him about Celina's bleeding wound. Bringing his bag along, they quickly move toward Celina.


 

What happened?” Han opens the bandage.


 

She went into the water and now her leg is bleeding.” He examines her leg.


 

Nothing serious.. The blood stain is from yesterday I guess. Its actually good to wash your wound with the seawater, but it might leave scars.”


 

He wraps her leg with a new dry bandage while yawning.


 

Sorry, Han. I know you slept late last night but I thought her leg might have to be cut off or something” She rolls on the sand while the doctor wrapping Celina's leg.


 

You are so funny, Sanga. Why would I cut her leg?”


 

Because she didn't want to rest?” She rolls again.


 

I was resting for a whole day yesterday! And can you stop rolling? You make me dizzy” Celina rolls her eyes to her.


 

It's not my fault that you lost too much blood from your head”


 

Ok, stop bickering with each other. I'm done wrapping your leg. You should just rest for a whole day too for today, Celina. Don't be too active.” He pats her head before pick up the wet, blood stained bandage to wash it in the salty water.


 

Thanks, doctor” Celina stands up on one feet and jump slowly towards the others before she took Han's place to continue her sleep.


 

Aaaaaaaaa.. Doc, what should I do?” Sanga is still rolling on the sand.


 

What can I do for you?” Han wash the bandage roughly.


 

There's no soap to use to make it properly clean.


 

I'm not comfortable with my mouth right now.. I feel like gargle for every second but gurgling with seawater is making it worsen”


 

Oooh.. Did you ever heard or read about using a wood as a toothbrush?”


 

Wood? Like the firewood?” She stops rolling to hear what he said.


 

I think it is more like branches or twig. The Arabian used it as their toothbrush to clean their mouth and teeth in Pharaoh's time. But I'm not sure what tree they took the branches from.”


 

Really? I've never heard of it! I should go find some branches!” She suddenly jolted up from her laying position.


 

I'll go with you!” Han shouted at her to stop her going into the woods alone.


 

You should just go to sleep, Han! I will find some for others” She grabs Ji's knife before walking into the jungle. Han just look at her.


 

Is she going to be ok?


 

He stops his cleaning activity and throws the bandage on the sand.


 

Hey, wait for me!” He runs after her.


 

***


 

Kai woke up after he heard a very bad and loud coughing coming from Chris.

Chris is coughing blood and his face is a bit pale.

Ji woke up too. She rushes to Chris and wipes his mouth.


 

"Where is Han and Sanga?" Kai sits beside her.


 

"Im not sure. They are already gone when I woke up." Kai yawns. Its still early in the morning. Maybe 7am.


 

"Can you go find them? I don't know what I should do with him right now" She pointed at bloody Chris.


 

"Sure" Kai starts walking into the jungle, slowly leaving Ji and Chris. Ji looks at others, all of them are still sleeping.


 

Haru sleeps a bit far from others.


 

Sarah is sleeping in a weird position.


 

Ann sleeps with her hands stretches above her head.


 

Celina hugs the baby while sleeping.


 

Ji touches the cloth that is located on Chris head.


 

It's drying and warm.


 

She picks it up and wet it using the water that Sarah and Ann got from the small fountain. Chris's fever is still not going down.


 


 

After 5 minutes, Kai, Han and Sanga are back. Sanga is holding some twigs in her hand.

Han checks on Chris condition and pulse.


 

"His heart beat is too slow" He sighs slowly.


 

"Cant you do anything about it?" Ji looks at Chris sympathetically.


 

"I cant. He needs to be operated as soon as possible. But its impossible to do it here. There's no apparatus and medicine." Chris suddenly opens his eyes and coughs like crazy.

His blood are spilled to all of them.


 

"Hey, help me to put both of his hand above his head!" Sanga throws all of the twigs out of her hand and grab Chris's hands.


 

Kai and Ji help her to do it. Han is wiping Chris mouth with the wet cloth.

Chris suddenly stops coughing.


 

"Thank god it works. I learnt it from a website but i don't know it will really works." Sanga wipes the blood on her hand to her shirt.


 

"I need to tell you guys something.. and its urgent.. i don't think i can survive this.." Chris suddenly talks.


 

Nobody said anything about it. Because they know it too.


 

"What is so important that you want to tell us?" Haru suddenly comes with drinking water in his hand.


 

He was awake after the crazily loud coughs.


 

"Drink this first, Chris." Chris just drinks it before continue to talk.


 

*****