12

Vacation?

"Today is the 24th day our plane crashed" Sarah suddenly said it while they are watching sunset. Ann's ankle is healed now.


 

"Really? Time flies so fast" Ji sighs. The orange rays of the sun are coloring the skies.


 

"I miss my boyfriend" Ann lies down on the sand.


 

"I miss my girl" Haru sighs.


 

"My wife is waiting for me at home" Kai sighs too.

"Do they think all of us are dead now?" Han stares at Hope who is smiles a lot after he get well from the fever.


 

"When will they find us here? I wanna go home" Sanga grabs a shell and draw a house on the sand.


 

"Who doesn't?" Celina continues looking at the sunset. The image of her parents appear along with late Sophie.


 

*****



"Don't you think we need to do something with this?" Kai grabs an apple.


 

"With what?" Han is crushing an apple for Hope.


 

"With this situation. It already past  5 weeks but they still didn't find us here." He is restless.


 

"So what do you want to do?" Han feed Hope the crushed apples.


 

"Can we make a raft or something? I want to get out of this island." He sighs.


 

"A raft for 9 of us? I think it will be hard. Plus Hope is still a baby, Kai" He looks at him seriously.


 

"So you want to live here till he's big enough? Like 10 years before you want to go out of here?" Living in this island for too long makes him worried about his wife and dragons at home.


 

"That's not what I mean. Let's pray that the searching team will see our flags there." He points out at the 4 hanged clothes.


"I don't think that will work. Don't you think we need to put it in higher place? Like on a cliff or something." All 4 of them are in different colors but they put it together in one place.


 

"But it's dangerous to go to the cliff. We also disturbed those tiny creatures for water before. What if we disturbed the more dangerous creatures on the cliff? I think it's a dragon cliff. I saw it a few times on TV before" Han rejected his idea.


 

"Don't you know who I am? I am a researcher about dragons, Han. And I even have them as my pets. So I know what to do with them." He tries to persuade the latter.


 

"So you want all of us to go there? Celina's leg is not fully healed yet." Haru comes and sits near them after hearing their talk.


 

"No, Haru. I think it's enough with just 2 of us. Han needs too take care all of them. Or even us if we ever got injured from there. We need to put our flag higher so they can see it. So we can be saved from here. I'm worried about my wife" His wife is like a shaman when it comes to a dream. So he sometimes got her messages from his dreams. But its been awhile since he dreamt of her.


 

"Are you ok with it, Haru?" Han looks at him for a confirmation. He agrees with Kai. They need to do it quickly before the search teams stop looking for them and they have to stay there forever.


 

"Sure. Call. So what time are we going there?" Haru smiles. He is excited to go back home now.


 

"Let's do this tomorrow morning. We have to go there before the sun rise. The dragons are still sleeping at that time" Kai hi-5 with both of them.


 

****


 

"Be careful, guys. Come back here alive, ok?" Han pats both of them. They didn't tell others about this because they either might hold them or wanna go there with them. So it's better to keep this as a secret.


 

"I will, Han." Kai grabs his red shirt's flag. It is one of the 4 flags that they have.


 

"We will be back before noon, Han. Don't worry too much. Look for others too. The food and water are still a lot, so don't let them go into the jungle. We are not here to help them if something happen" Haru pats Han too.


 

"I know, dude. Just come back here safely. And I hope this idea works well." Han bids them goodbye before he sits near the rest to guard them. Even though there's nothing that attack them at the beach, but he must be alert about the tiny creatures that Kai called Pegasus.


 

*****


 

"Han, where is Haru and Kai?" Sanga wakes Han up. He falls asleep while guarding them.


 

"Uh? I fall asleep" He yawns. He looks for Hope only to see him eating happily with Ann and Ji.


 

"You don't know too?" Sanga looks at him worriedly.


 

"What did you ask? I didn't hear it carefully." He looks around. Sarah and Celina are bathing in the sea.


 

"Where is Haru and Kai? Did you see them?" Sanga shoot him the question again. It's a bit worrisome because by the time she woke up, both of them already gone.


 

"They will be back before noon, Sanga. Don't worry" Han stretches a little bit.


 

"Han, its 2 in the evening now. 2 hours past noon" She is more worries now after hearing what he said.


 

"You are kidding right? How long did I fall asleep?" Han runs to Sarah and grabs her hand to look for time.


 

It is really 2pm. 2.13pm exactly.


 

"This is bad."


 

****


 

"Kai, what are you doing?" They leave the beach like 4 hours ago. Now they are done hiking the dragon cliff and already raise their flag. But Kai is going to walk into the dragon cliff.


 

"Stay here, Haru. If anything happens to me, go back to the beach quickly and tell my wife that I love her." Kai slowly going down into the cliff.


 

"Hey! This is not what we are planned! Kai! Don't go in there!" Haru wants to shout at the latter but he afraid that it will wakes the dragon up. So he just shouts at him with the whisper voice.


 

"Be right back" Kai safely landing in the cliff. He walks slowly to the dragon. Kai is actually coming here for this and used the 'flag issue' to hide his real motive. He really wants to check out this dragon cliff. It's the cliff that he saw when they collected the water from new fountain. The gold dragon is still sleeping.


 

******


 

Han is done telling them about Kai and Haru and their plans. All of them are worried too now. Did something happened to them? It's almost 3pm now but they are still not coming back.


 

"So what are we going to do now? Should we go look for them? What if they got hurt or something?" Ji are ready to go look for them.


 

"No! We can't go there! It's dangerous! And Celina is still not fully healed." Han disagree with her.


 

"Then let me, Ji and Sarah go look for them." Sanga too, is ready to go with Ji into the jungle to look for those guys. Before Han can says anything to it, they saw both of them appear with something in Kai's hand.


 

"We are back!" It has a polka dots of blue on a white oval shape.


 

"You guys are so late! I thought something happened to you!" Han look at them relieved.


 

"Are we coming back too late? What time is it right now?" Haru wipes his sweats.


 

"Almost 3. You guys were making all of us worried." Sarah shows them her wrist watch.


 

"Sorry. It's all my fault!" Kai puts it down slowly.


 

"What is that?" Celina looks at it curiously.


 

"It's a dragon egg." Kai smiles proudly before Ann smacks him on his head.


 

"We are dead worried and you are proud about this?" She smacks his head once again.


 

"Go Ann, go! Smack him for us!" Ji cheers for the girl.


 

****


 

"So how did you get that egg?" Sanga looks at the egg curiously. Who knows in such cute egg has a dangerous monster.


 

"He went crazy before jumped into the cliff. After 10 minutes, he's back with the egg in his hand." Haru grabs an apple for his dinner.


 

"Wow. Sounds dangerous. Tell us, Kai" Ji is excited too.


 

"Sure" Kai smiles while looking at the egg.


 


 

Flashback


 

He walks slowly to the dragon only to see 5 cute eggs beside it. This species of dragons are very rare to be seen and the price for it is very expensive because of the rareness. It is tempting him to take one of the eggs before he's going back to the beach.


 

He remembered reading about this species. They are nocturnal dragons. They sleep after sunrise and wake up after sunset. But they still can make noise even in their sleep like when they first heard it. They roar while they are sleeping to scare the other animals or humans from coming close to them. 


 

Kai slowly holds one of the eggs that is located the farthest from the mother dragon. He carefully raise his hands with the egg and step back without making any noise. when he arrives at the cliff, he puts the egg in his sleeveless shirt and bites the end of it. He starts climbing up to Haru.


 

End of flashback


 

"The end!" Kai proudly told them the story.


 

"What if the egg hatched here, Kai? What are you going to do?" Sarah comes to hear the story too.


 

"Then he will just leave it here." Haru throws the apple seed into the fire.


 

****