Hate For Certain Things

The New Composer

“She’s frank about her opinions and doesn’t like anyone being plastic towards her. But I think she’s sensitive enough and she knows where to stop,” Baekhyun said. “She doesn’t know how to cook,” Chen said, making them all laugh. “It’s true though,” Milan said. “But I heard you can cook sinigang,” Ryeowook said. “Machi (A bit). I dream of being able to cook adobo though, since the pearl of the orient seas is known for it,” Milan said as she nodded.

“She understands me the best,” Tao made a thumbs-up. Milan and Tao were both really scared of bugs, especially cockroaches and of ghosts. No wonder these two can be called the teenage girls of EXO. “She likes covering herself up since she has a weak body, I think,” DO said as he looked at Milan. She nodded. “Coming from a tropical country then moving to a place with winter, it’s hard to get used to,” she hugged herself.

“Hey, are you cold?” Chanyeol whispered. “Machi,” Milan said as she made a gesture with her fingers. “Here,” Chanyeol removed his jacket and had Milan wear it. “Thanks, oppa,” she said as she smiled. “No problem. We don’t want you to get sick,” Chanyeol said. “Awww~ Chanyeol-oppa is so sweet to Ringo-eunni~ I wish I were in her place~ Lee Sung-Yi messaged. There are a lot of messages for EXO and Ringo and we’ll read your questions and they’ll do your missions after the commercial,” Ryeowook then proceeded to explain how to send messages.

“Even the fans are shipping you two~” Chen chimed. “I’m just doing what a guy would do if a girl is freezing. What’s so wrong about that?” Chanyeol turned to him. “You really are the most romantic of the members,” Xiumin said. “Kyaa~ Oppaaa~” Baekhyun teased. “Omo! Oppa is letting eunni have his jacket! Otoke! Otoke!” Kai said as if he was pretending to text. “My heart broke into tiny bits,” Chen said as he clutched his chest. “You are all overacting. Sheesh,” Milan rolled her eyes.

“But that’s such a big personality change,” Suho noted. “Shut up. People know me as the happy-go-lucky cute little sister of everyone who makes all the nii-chans swoon,” Milan said as she fixed her hair. “That’s cute~” Chanyeol squeezed Milan’s cheeks and laughed lightly. “Oppa, stop, even though we’re on commercial, they’ll see us,” Milan said as she held on Chanyeol’s hands. “Okay, okay. There are just so many sides for us to discover from you,” he said as he put his hands on the table.

“Ain’t it exciting this way? For you men?” Milan said sarcastically. “It’s only been almost two days and we’re having a lot of fun knowing you, Mil,” Tao said as he put his head on Milan’s backrest. “It’s always fun to know someone know, for people like you anyway. And for people like me, I’d rather be contented with people I already know,” Milan said as she put her elbow on the table and rested her chin there. “That’s no fun! You should be out exploring the world,” Chen bugged. “That’s easy for you to say. You’re idols, for Pete’s sake! I’m only a composer and get money from the people I know,” Milan nonchalantly said.

“Do you think we’re only doing this for the money?” Kris raised one of his eyebrows. “I know you’re doing this because it’s your passion and because it’s fun. That’s the idol way to answer. But do you think composing songs is my passion? Of course not,” Milan told him. “Composing songs take a lot out of my imagination and it might not be obvious. But the songs just keep on coming so when Mr Lee heard about me, he paid for everything, my trip here and other necessities,” she added. She didn’t look like she did love her job. Maybe that explains why she hated being with the boys too. It just meant she was going to compose more of what she really doesn’t love.

“And we’re back in 3, 2.” “Hello again, every Sukira listener! Ryeowook is here with Ringo and EXO!” Ryeowook suddenly said. “Now, let’s get to the questions,” he scrolled through his computer. “Chanyeol-oppa, do you like Ringo-eunni? Or are there other guys who like her?” Ryeowook then looked at Milan. Her face grew red and she fanned herself. “We’ve only known each other for only two days so it’s impossible to like her in that way. Plus the girls I love are our fans, I can’t have any other girls in my life,” Chanyeol answered. “How about the other boys? Same sentiments as Chanyeol?” Ryeowook looked around. The boys nodded. “She’s just a nice girl we just met and we can’t have anything romantic with her because she hates boys apparently,” Baekhyun joked.

Milan nodded. “Boys are weird and disgusting. I want men. Hot but sensitive men,” Milan said, reverting back to her other personality. “But if you were to date an EXO boy, who would you pick?” Ryeowook asked. “Hmm,” Milan looked around her. The boys all turned their aegyo on by their instincts. “I have to pick Luhan-oppa or Chanyeol-oppa since they’ve been kind to me ever since I arrived here in Korea,” Milan answered. “Luhan, Chanyeol, would you two ever date Ringo if you were just normal people?” Ryeowook asked. Chanyeol nodded. “She’s going to be a great girlfriend I guess. She can handle the other members and doesn’t get all too girly and flirty so I’ll be lucky to have her for myself,” Chanyeol said.

“Ringo is a cute girl and I’ll date her if I were given a choice. I think she’ll be a fun girlfriend and knows how to handle me,” Luhan answered. “Look, some sasaeng fans appeared. Do you want me to read these?” Ryeowook looked at Milan. She uncomfortably adjusted in her seat. But she nodded. “Hit me with your best shot. I’ve been with haters before,” she said. “Ringo is so annoying! She’s just flirting with the members and will just try them one by one. I’m sure of it. She’s just acting all cute!” Milan laughed a bit. She was called a flirt before when she was in high school, just because she was one of the boys.

“One, whoever you are, I’d rather not know, I know I’m annoying. The annoying apple as my best friend calls me. And I won’t flirt with the boys since I already have someone I like. I won’t try them one by one, what are they? Clothes? Of course not. I know how it feels to be used and left after so I won’t do that to these boys. And acting all cute? Have you seen how I act in the internet? Of course not, you’re just another fan who wants to flame all the women spending time with your beloved EXO. If you ask me if you’re a real fan, I will say no because real fans will accept whatever their bias does,” Milan said, trying to have a calm tone in her voice.