Chanyeol's Gift

The New Composer

Milan blinked innocently and then took the paper bag and opened it. It contained a small black box and a card. Milan carefully put out the box and opened it. It had a ring with a red ruby on it shaped into a heart. Most of the boys were smirking at Chanyeol.

“Are you proposing already?” Baekhyun whispered to him. Chanyeol shook his head, blushing. Milan wore it on her finger. “You did like her so you put a ring on it,” Kris commented. “Mil-ah is a single lady after all,” Sehun said. “Oh shush boys, look, oppa has a card for me,” Milan said before putting out the card.

Milan!

I never really had the chance to call you that right? Since you hate being called that, I’d call you Mil-ah but it’s kinda near to Milan, right? Happy birthday, best composer in the world! Twenty is the age when you really become an adult and you can drink with us now! But I recommend not to, especially around Luhan-hyung since he gets drunk easily and you don’t want that. Become like Taemin-sunbae, he only drinks around his family, as of I heard.

Sorry my gift is not as good as the hyungs too. They took all my ideas. Aigooo… I really don’t know what to say. Ah, maybe you’re so precious to me, I don’t know what to do without you and I’ll miss you. Oppa really loves you okay? I will protect you from all harm. I’ll do my best so do your best too, okay?

Happy birthday again! Thank you for all you’ve done for EXO, especially for me. Saranghae~

XOXO,

Chanyeol

Milan smiled a bit at the letter. “Wait, that’s not all,” Chanyeol ran to his room and quickly returned with the tablet in his hand. “Guess who,” Chanyeol said then a woman’s voice came from the tablet,” Milan?” Milan almost cried as she heard whose voice it was. “Mommy?” “Anak! (My child)”

The other members felt the emotion in the room when Chanyeol turned the tablet to Milan. They knew how much Milan missed her family. “Ate? Ate! (Big sister) Ate Milan!” A girl who kind of looks like Milan but chubbier waved from the screen. “Venice, omo,” Milan covered .

“How did you..?” Milan looked up to Chanyeol  who then went next to Milan. “Annyeong, Chanyeol imnida!” Chanyeol waved at Milan’s family. “What did that Korean say?” Milan’s mother turned to Venice. “He said he’s Chanyeol, your favourite member you know,” Venice answered. The members understood and laughed. “Umma’s favourite, Chanyeol!” Xiumin said. “Oh, tiyan ko? (My stomach),” Mrs de Vega said, making Venice and Milan laugh. “Mommy, no!” Milan shook her head. “Is he your boyfriend?” Venice asked. “Omo, aniyo! You know I love someone else!” Milan told her sister, making Chanyeol twitch a bit.

Love someone else..?

“Oh yeah, your ex called up. Sheesh, he’s too annoying,” Venice complained. “Ignore him,” Milan told her. “He’s been reminding me of the promise you two made when you were younger. About marriage when you two reach 24 or something? Because he’s going to Japan?” Venice said. “But I’m in Korea, pabo ex,” Milan said. “Have you taken your medicine, Milan?” Mrs de Vega asked. Milan nodded. “Never forgotten about it, mommy,” she said.

“Where’s daddy by the way?” Milan asked. “He’s out with your grandpa, you do know your father always takes your grandpa to dialysis,” Mrs de Vega said, having a hard time speaking in English. “Mommy, you know I understand Tagalog,” Milan said. “Dios mio…” Mrs de Vega massaged her temples.

The three girls kept on talking and eventually, Milan introduced each member to her mother. Venice was throwing random questions at each one of them. She even asked Luhan why was he so pretty and KyungSoo why was he so beautiful and Sehun why was he full of aegyo. Milan was always whispering a sorry after.

“It’s getting late, aren’t you going to sleep soon?” Mrs de Vega asked. “After opening the presents,” Milan said. “Well, your sister right here needs to sleep. I need to also. Good night, Milan. Mahal kita (I love you),” her mother said. “Saranghae, umma,” Milan said before the screen went black.

“Uwa, thank you, oppa!” Chanyeol was suddenly attacked by Milan’s hug. “I could kiss you right now but I won’t because that will be awkward!” Milan exclaimed, making the men laugh. “Your family seems so lively, Mil-ah,” Suho said. “Especially your dongsaeng,” Kai said. “She’s always like that,” Milan rolled her eyes. “Her bias is Xiumin-oppa,” she added.

“But she doesn’t think Xiumin is hot or handsome, she thinks he’s cute,” and that made Xiumin pout and the other members laugh. “Ani… I’m handsome!” Xiumin contradicted. “I agree,” Milan nodded. “But that’s my sister’s decision,” she added.

“So Chen-oppa’s next,” Milan then proceeded on taking presents. Chen gave her a pair of shorts, lucky enough it was her size and bracelets. They were completely girly but Milan didn’t seem to mind since she has a girly side deep inside her.

KyungSoo gave her an apron with “KISS THE CHEF” printed on it. Milan chuckled when she received it. She also received a pair of brown gloves from him. Tao gave her a new camera and it was color black. It looked kind of vintage which Milan loves. He got a kiss on the cheek because of that. Luhan and Chanyeol complained about not having one and Tao only stuck out his tongue, telling them Milan likes him better.

Kai gave her a pair of sneakers. It was simple, color black and it had her name written at the side. But that was enough to make her smile from ear to ear. “My parents never bought me sneakers. Thank you, Kai-oppa!” Milan reacted. Kai received a glare from Luhan for a second. It was obvious favouritism ruled in Milan’s heart.

Sehun was the last one and had the cheapest gift but it was enough for Milan. He gave her a bottle of shampoo and conditioner, some eyeliner, lip gloss and whitening lotion. “You’ve always said you wanted to be whiter,” Sehun said. “You’re right on time, I’ve almost ran out of shampoo and conditioner. Thanks, oppa,” Milan said, putting the gifts on her side.

“Speech! Speech! Speech!” The boys chanted once Sehun went back to his place. “Eh?” Milan blinked innocently. “Go on,” Luhan said, slightly pushing Milan to make her stand up. “It won’t hurt,” Chanyeol said, helping his hyung. Milan sighed in defeat when she found herself standing in the middle of the group of boys.

“Okay, thank you for the gifts. I really appreciate them. Working for EXO has been super fun for me and I hope to work with you guys longer. Contradicting to your awesome and cold concept, you guys are so cute and fun to be with. It was a pleasure to work with you,” Milan said then she made a heart with her hands.

“Thank you, oppas!”