Feelings

The New Composer

Milan turned to him and nodded lightly. She still hasn’t escaped herself from Luhan’s embrace but Chanyeol didn’t mind that much. Luhan was every fan’s little prince. But it would lessen his troubles if Lay was the one hugging her or if it was Chen. “Listen carefully, okay?” He said as he strummed a tune, a happy but calm tune.

Sometimes when the world goes against you
And it’s like no one accepts the true you
Just turn to me and I’ll show you
A friend that is truly true

Nothing like someone who makes you smile
Nothing like someone who compliments your style
As long as you call yourself a friend of mine
As long as our friendship never goes along time

Just smile for me, don’t cry right now
Just smile and scream out loud
Nothing will ever put you down
I will make you safe and sound

Tell me everything about how you feel
I’ll do everything, even kneel
Because I love the you who is so real
I’ll even treat you an expensive meal

Chanyeol’s singing made Milan feel some comfort. Nothing like being serenaded by EXO’s own Chanyeol right? “Thanks, oppa,” she said as she smiled a bit. “I’ll do anything just to make you smile, after all, Mil-ah. You’re our little sister,” though his last statement almost choked him, he managed to say that out loud. “If only I really did have a brother like you guys. If you guys weren’t around, I’m sure I already gave up on life here in Korea,” Milan said but when she realized what she meant, she covered .

No, I can’t be sentimental about them. I can’t care about them that much. I’ll be abandoning them when the time is right… when Mr Lee will allow me.

She shook her head and slapped her face. “Milan…?” Luhan reacted, having her still in his embrace. “Oppa, oh nothing,” she pushed him away and tried to smile while she can. “I’m alright already. You just rest and do your best in that idol thing. I’ll be sleeping now. One of the managers gave me his bed, I’ll be sleeping in Youngjun-oppa’s room,” she said as she stood up and stretched.

It was like she built another wall between her and EXO.

“If you need me, you can just send me a message. Good luck with that,” she said as she grabbed her bonnet from the coffee table and went towards EXO’s manager’s room. All of the members looked at each other. “What just happened?” Baekhyun asked. “Obviously, she still doesn’t trust us that much,” Sehun frowned.

“Maybe she has trust issues? Considering we don’t know her past that much, we don’t even know much of her country’s traditions and whatever’s happening there,” Luhan said, touching his arms, still feeling the coldness Milan transferred to him. Chanyeol wanted to say ‘I know a bit more about her life’ but it would seem like he was a stalker. The tall guy just settled his guitar down and rested himself where Milan used to sit.

“We can’t bond with her that much though. Both sides are busy. We have practice for the next come back plus Baekhyun and I are still hosts in Inkigayo and she has her umm… She doesn’t really share what she does everyday,” Suho said. “What does she do everyday? It seems like she’s seldom in the dorm. She’s always going out,” Kris inquired.

“Maybe she’s teaching at the university, you know,” Xiumin said. “If she was, I should’ve seen her before,” Suho pointed out. “She’s still 19, isn’t she? Couldn’t she, you know, study first? Even if she was a prodigy, a smart girl should’ve finished her studies first in the course of her job,” Lay said.

The members discussed the subject at hand for a few hours before heading to sleep. They will surely get tired the next day. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the last ones to turn off the lights. Both of them were uneasy of Milan right now but because of different reasons. “You like her, don’t you?” Baekhyun said out loud.

“Don’t replay my confession, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol said as he stared into the ceiling. “You never told me directly though, if you like Milan or not,” Baekhyun said, obviously stating Milan’s full first name to give emphasis who he’s talking about. “Tell me. Just tell me. You can’t hide your feelings forever and you’re not even good at hiding them now,” Baekhyun said as he turned his head towards the door.

“Okay, I like her. I like Milan. Even before she arrived in Korea, I’ve known her for covering our songs over the internet. She likes acting cute but I’ve read some of her works before and that’s why I’ve been better in English these years,” Chanyeol confessed.

Baekhyun laughed a bit. Chanyeol was cute when it comes to this. He likes how Chanyeol can pretend he’s an angel when Milan is around. That’s what she needs anyway. But, Baekhyun knew feelings for someone is something forbidden in this industry. It’s either that or they’ll be dating secretly like what happened to SNSD. And Milan doesn’t like him like that. She likes Kai but Baekhyun can’t say that out loud. He swore he’ll never tell anyone else.

“Well, all I can say, now that you’ve confirmed my suspicions is I can’t stop you from having feelings for her. I see why you like her. She’s tall for someone from her country. She’s cute. She always smiles, tries to anyway. She likes your taste in music. Actually, you two make music together like in the cliché movies. She’s talented. She doesn’t like being girly but is not that rowdy. But it’s better if you did stop your feelings for her. Surely, the sasaengs will know about this and she’ll go through more hell than she already is,” Baekhyun told him.

“If you care about her, you’ll stop this feeling you have. Plus, she likes someone else. I’ll never tell though,” he added as he closed his eyes. “I know…” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed in the room. “I know that. Silly of me but I still like her. I’m not sure if I already love her. I know I don’t have any chance getting it on with her but still… It’s alright to hope right?” He smiled painfully.

“Chanyeol-ah, I care for you. I seriously do even if at times I want to kill you but you’ll only get hurt. She’s here for work obviously. She even avoids the person she likes because of this profession she took. And you’re her best friend, you’ll two drift apart once she knows about this,” Baekhyun said.

“That’s why I’m keeping it a secret. You’re keeping it a secret too. I’m what she needs the most now. She needs a friend more than anything now and I’ll be that friend. Then, maybe, I can tell you the information I collected so you can understand her more,” Chanyeol said as he turned to the wall.

Baekhyun sighed. “Whatever. Good night,” he said before closing his eyes.