THE LIGHT ELEMENT

EXO Planet: The Lost Sons and Princess

Su Ho waited diligently for Kris at the men’s shower room in the school’s gym. The puzzle pieces from his vision are starting to fit in together little by little.

After an hour, Kris went out of the shower room and Su Ho almost jumped when he saw him. He blocked his way that made Kris stop.

“Can you move?” Kris said coldly, holding his duffel bag’s strap.

“Can I talk to you?” Su Ho asked, almost pleading.

Kris sighed. He was tired and talking to Su Ho won’t make it feel any better. “About what?”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun suddenly came, laughing from the hilarious events that had happened during the game. As they both reached Kris, they held his neck making the latter bend down.

“Ya, let go of me,” Kris said, shoving Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s arm off of him.

“Anyways, coach told us we’ll be celebrating tonight!” Chanyeol said excitedly with a smirk on his face.

“It’s like a victory party so don’t forget to come at coach’s favorite bar at 8!” Baekhyun’s expression was the same with Chanyeol’s and gave a high-five to each other.

“Yeah,” Kris replied lazily. He then turned to Su Ho. “What do you want to tell me?”

Su Ho looked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who also had their attention focused on him. “Uhm… Can we talk somewhere private?”

Kris gritted his teeth. “Just say it here, you’re wasting my time!” He barked; his tone getting higher.

Su Ho looked on the ground. He searched for the right words to tell him. He was having second thoughts if he really saw a dragon at his back.

Kris got pissed off and bumped Su Ho’s shoulder hardly as he passed by him. He could not wait any longer – his whole muscles were sore from the game and he’s physically and mentally tired to talk to someone right now. Besides, Kris was an impatient man.

“A-Are you the other leader?” Su Ho stuttered, but tried to be clear as possible.

However, Kris continued walking, as if he didn’t hear what he said.

“I-I saw a flaming dragon behind you when you shot the ball a while ago!” Su Ho finally declared, without having second thoughts.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed at it, and gave another high-five to each other. On the other hand, Kris stopped, his brows furrowing. How could the dragon come out without him calling it?

“And… And your jump was not normal! It was not a normal human’s jump!” Su Ho once again asserted, this time, desperate for Kris to trust him whatever secret he has.

Kris slowly turned to him. He then gave him a snicker. “Training makes a jump high. And my height makes it even higher. Stop making up things,” Kris turned to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. “Have you guys seen anything when I jumped?” Kris asked.

He looked at both guys sternly. Chanyeol and Baekhyun could have been sitting on the bench that time with the other players of their team, but their mind was not on the game. This was the reason why they don’t learn the logic in basketball.

“Well… H-honestly… Baekhyun and I were having an argument to where the hot girl from Incheon University was looking at that time…” Chanyeol replied hesitantly. He felt embarrassed that Kris once again found out that they weren’t paying attention to the game.

Kris sighed and held his forehead, feeling disappointed that his friends weren’t paying attention again to the game. But his sigh was another sigh of relief, that at least they haven’t seen the dragon.

“I-It’s Chanyeol’s fault, he told me to look at the girl! I’m a man too, how can I not look at her when she wears something so revealing!” Baekhyun blurted out, pointing to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol’s mouth hung open and his eyes grew wide. “YA! It was your own decision if you’re going to look or not!”

“But still, you told me to-“ Baekhyun was cut off when Kris pushed both of their mouths, making the both of them stumble.

He looked at them with piercing eyes. “Shut up and don’t follow me. You guys don’t make any sense… All three of you,” He left the three guys dumbfounded.

The school prohibits high school students who stay in the campus after six. But as he walked near the gate, he found Jino sitting on the bench, as if waiting for someone.

“Oh, hi Kris oppa!” Jino greeted and waved.

Kris waved back at her with a smile. He stopped, as he realized that he was waving and smiling at someone for the first time again. Just like when he was still an innocent child.

“Y-Ya, don’t you know that staying here until after 6PM would give you a warning slip?” Kris asked, trying to go back with his cold self.

“I’m still waiting for my friends since we all go together to our part-time job… Anyways, congratulations! You were so cool a while ago!” She then gave two thumbs up.

Kris nodded and crossed his arms. “Is that all?”

Jino thought for a second. “Is he asking me if I’ve seen the dragon behind him?”

Kris snickered. “I thought she would ask me to take a picture together or an autograph for her,” He mumbled.

Jino’s eyes grew wide. “Y-Ya, I didn’t know you were that conceited too!” She then laughed.

“Y-You heard that?!” Kris asked, his cold eyes growing wide. This girl really knows how to make him feel really embarrassed.

She then kept on laughing. “Aigoo, you should meet my friend Jinra. She really likes you-“

“Why don’t you treat me today? Didn’t you tell me you’re going to treat me? I did great today, if it weren’t for me, our school’s not going to win!” Kris said confidently.

Jino’s eyes squinted. “Really conceited and boastful…” She ticked off and chuckled. “But I told you I’m still waiting for my friends. And I have a part time job; I can’t be late for that,”

“Aish, come on! Just tell them you can’t wait because you promised another friend of yours that you’ll treat him noodles!” Kris bossed and held Jino’s arm, pulling her towards the gate.

“Y-Ya, I promised to treat you on my pay day! I can’t pay today, my money’s not enough!!!”

“Whatever, you’re coming with me,”

As they walked out of the gate, a man blocked their way. He looked like a body guard, as he wore a formal tuxedo – black pants and black shoes, topped with white long sleeves, a black neck tie and a black blazer. On his ear was a Bluetooth headset.

The man bowed at them, making Kris stop. His shoulders shrugged. He did not want to tell Jino that he’s a chaebol. He wants to be someone ordinary in someone’s eyes for a while, at least.

“Sir-“ The man uttered.

Jino’s eyebrows furrowed from confusion and curiosity.

“W-Who are you? Why are you calling me sir?!” Kris said, making his eyes wider as if telling his bodyguard to go with the flow.

“A-Ah… S-Sorry, I thought you were my boss,” The man bowed and gave way to them.

Kris on the other hand kept walking and pulled Jino with him.

“What the heck is he planning to do?” Su Ho asked himself as he saw them on his way to the school gate and followed Jino and Kris.

 

Kris had successfully given orders to his body guards to watch out for paparazzi. He told Jino to bring him wherever she could treat him and they ended up coming to a convenient store.

“Did you know that noodles in convenient stores are tastier than in groceries?” Jino asked while blowing her soup.

Kris chuckled. “Stop trying to satisfy my appetite with this. Tch, it’s cheap, and that means it’s unhealthy. Real noodles are still better,”

“You have a point,” Jino nodded and ate some of her noodles. “It’s really weird today… How come there’s nobody else here? It’s usually crowded by high school students at this time,”

Kris coughed and Jino quickly opened a bottle of water for him. “A-Are you alright?” Jino asked worriedly.

Kris nodded and gave a thumb up to her, gesturing that he’s okay. “A-Anyways, since I paid these noodles, this isn’t your treat yet, alright? This only means you still owe me three noodles!”

Jino’s eyes grew wide. “A-Arasseo…” She then pouted and drank some of the soup from her noodles.

A sudden thought came into her mind, making her stop eating. She looked at Kris who was also busy eating noodles and remembered the flaming dragon she saw a while ago.

What if it was only hallucinations from stress? It was her first time being a working-student anyways. And she hasn’t got enough sleep for the past few days because of some projects and requirements in school.

“Why aren’t you eating? I thought it’s your favorite?” Kris asked.

But Jino could not find herself at peace. She wanted to tell him, out of curiosity, “N-Nothing… I just remembered something,”

“What is it?” Kris asked, almost finishing the noodles in his cup.

Jino took a deep breath and looked outside through the one-way glass walls of the convenient store. At first she was distracted at her surroundings. It was odd that there weren’t any cars passing at the highway. But her focus once again came back as she had the courage to tell him what she saw during the basketball game.

“I… I actually saw something behind your back while you were in the air for your last shot a while ago…”

Kris was surprised. But he did not want her to see that he was, so he continued stuffing noodles inside his mouth.

“I saw a flaming dragon-“ Jino was cut off when Kris suddenly coughed again, choking for all the noodles he stuffed inside his mouth. She then opened his water bottle and passed it to him.

Kris drank all his water and looked at Jino. “I-I’m sorry, you can continue,”

“A-Anyways… I think it was just stress. Maybe I’m having hallucinations from not sleeping for almost a week due to the requirements in class,” Jino claimed.

Kris nodded. “You’re right! Is there such thing as a flaming dragon in this world?!” He exclaimed, his tone higher than his usual.

Jino nodded and chuckled. “I-I should get going, I still have a job,”

“Okay, I’ll just bring you there,” Kris offered.

Jino shook her head. “It’s only a few steps away from here,”

“Are you sure? You always get in trouble,” Kris uttered in a low voice while looking at the ceiling, not wanting to look like he’s worried for her.

Jino smiled with assurance. “I don’t always get in trouble, it’s just a coincidence that you save me two times that time,” She then waved her hand and went on her way to the pub.

Kris was left dumbfounded. “C-Coincidence? W-Wasn’t it synonymous with fate? Or destiny?” He thought. He shook his head exaggeratedly thinking how nasty his thoughts were.

“Ya, you can now accept customers,” Kris ordered as he got outside, loud enough for the manager and employees to hear.

Meanwhile, Su Ho found nothing with Kris and Jino and decided to visit the nearby library in front of the convenient store. If the internet could not answer him, maybe books can.

“S-Su Ho sunbae?” someone asked as he got inside the library. She was holding a stack of books up to her height that it covered her face.

Su Ho quickly helped her by getting half of the books from her arms. “Oh, a Seoul University student! Annyeonghaseyo!”

The girl could not bow her whole upper body from the weight of the books on her hands so she just bowed her head instead. “I’m Kim Boram, a first year high school student. My parents own this library so I sort of know some basic things in here. How may I help you?”

Su Ho sighed as he put the pile of books on a vacant table and looked around the rumored biggest library in Seoul. Su Ho made his eyes squint in embarrassment and tried to smile at Boram.

“W-Why sunbae?” Boram asked.

Su Ho bit his lip and thought for a while. He then pursed his lips and wrapped his arm gently around Boram’s neck. He then bent towards Boram’s ear and whispered, “I don’t know if this is basic… But can you help me find books about Exo Planet?” Su Ho asked.

Boram felt her cheeks burn and dropped the pile of books she was holding. Su Ho jumped in shock and quickly knelt on the ground to get the books. Boram on the other hand followed.

“S-Sorry, I’ll try to ask my grandpa if we have it… Y-You can leave the books there,” She quickly ran to the information booth where his dad was. Su Ho followed her as he finished stacking the books on the table.

“What did you say? Exo Planet?” Boram’s grandfather asked.

“Y-Yes,” Su Ho said while nodding.

“What for?” The old man asked, looking sternly at Su Ho’s eyes.

“R-Research,” Su Ho knew he was a bad liar, but he tried his best to become convincing.

Boram’s grandfather raised an eyebrow and fixed his eyeglasses. “Unfortunately, the one and only book about it is in the restricted area… We can only let you see or borrow it if you have a valid reason,”

Su Ho scratched his head and let out an assuring smile. “A-Arasseo… It’s fine sir, thanks anyways,” Su Ho bowed and turned his back.

“It’s the only copy in Earth…” The old man noted, making Su Ho look back at him.

“It’s the only copy about Exo Planet in the whole world…” He added.

Su Ho thought for a while but couldn’t do anything about it. He bowed and left the library.

The old man chuckled as he watched Su Ho leave.

“Halbae… What’s Exo Planet?” Boram asked.

“Boram-ah… Sometimes there are things that we do not really need to know and that we only have to wait for us to know what it is… Let’s wait for this one, arasseo?”

Boram pouted. “Arasseo… But halbae, what should be the valid reason? I mean, isn’t that too shallow for that book to be restricted?”

Boram’s grandpa smiled and patted Boram’s head. “You will find out,”

***

Kris was just sitting on the couch as his other teammates partied wild with their coach and some of the girls at the bar. As expected, there weren’t any other underage high school students from Seoul University at the bar except for them, since they were in the coach’s guest list.

He looked around seeing Chanyeol making out with some girl on his lap, while Baekhyun had some girl beside him clinging onto his arm while they played cards to some other boys in the bar.

Kris sighed. Su Ho and Jino were bothering his mind.

The coach could have been flustered if he saw the dragon. People would be afraid of him. How could the both of them see the dragon? Doesn’t it only come out whenever it’s called by its master?

On the other hand, Yongguk was sitting on another couch at a distant place. Seeing everyone else party pissed him off. He wants to kick the coach badly out of the room for teaming him up with Kris at the last quarter of the game. He could have won the ‘Best Player of the Game’ during this match.

But Kris stole it again.

Kris walked out of the room and went to a nearby alley where no one could see him. He wanted to talk to his dragon. There were a lot of questions left in his mind, after Su Ho and Jino confronted him.

“Seems like the best player’s not enjoying the party?” Suddenly, Yongguk followed him.

Kris rolled his eyes. He turned to face Yongguk but he only received a punch on his face.

“Y-YA!” Kris shouted and stumbled, almost cursing. He was not used to fighting and he did not want the idea of brawls.

Yongguk snickered. “So boring, my enemy could not even fight back,”

“You , you’ll pay for this,” Kris uttered, eyes glaring at Yongguk.

“Do you think the team won because of you? I was the one who made our team win! If it wasn’t for my three-point shots-“ Yongguk boasted but Kris cut him off.

“I have no time for this. Go away, I’m not even humiliated,” Kris dictated in a calm tone.

“Ah, you want humiliation, huh?” Yongguk punched Kris on the stomach, making Kris fall on his knees and groan in pain. “Stand up man! You’re too weak to become the best player!”

Kris felt something in his veins. It was the familiar powerful and electrifying sensation that passed through his body. He looked at Yongguk sternly.

Yongguk suddenly felt his body light. He felt air on his feet and soon, he was higher than the wall of the pub.

“Ya! You… Y-Ya!!! What the heck is this?!” Yongguk panicked. He can already see the street lights shining in the highway.

“Just SHUT… UUUUUUUUP!!!” Kris growled and a white dragon came outside of his arm, making Yongguk fall unconsciously on the ground.

Kris saw people running out of the bar. As they walked towards him, everything went blurry. He then saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun running towards him. Soon, everything went black and he fell unconscious on the ground as well.

***

“Kris… Don’t do something stupid… Contol your powers. You can’t expose them to the humans.” A white dragon talked to Kris in a very dark place.

“Who the heck are you?” Kris asked as he glared at the dragon.

“I’m the white dragon. I only go outside of you in times of emergency. Just like a while ago when you almost killed Yongguk. I’m like a protector, a shield in times of trouble,” The dragon said with its soft female-like voice.

“So you saved Yongguk for me?” Kris asked with a scowl on his face.

“I did the best that I could… But as I’ve said I can only protect,” The white dragon said, as he bowed his head down, not wanting to look at Kris’ eyes.

“What do you mean?” Kris asked.

“I could not alter his mind… He saw you transforming Kris. He saw your eyes turning red, your teeth becoming sharper and fangs growing longer, your nails becoming sharper and longer…”

“Fangs?” Kris asked.

“Yes, your body is like a dragon’s body. You can transform like that when you have mastered all the dragon element’s powers. You got unconscious and weak a while ago because you fully transformed without mastering the dragon element’s powers yet. Kris, you’re still out of control. You need to figure things out as soon as-“

Kris held his head and closed his eyes in frustration. “Ahh!!!” He yelled. “I’m going crazy; I’m seeing and talking to dragons again!”

The white dragon quickly disappeared and a doctor suddenly came in, making Kris stop from whining.

“S-Sir, what happened?” The doctor asked.

Kris looked to his side where the white dragon was, but to his surprise, it’s already gone. He turned his head to the doctor and shook his head in embarrassment. “N-Nothing,”

“Anyways, nothing’s wrong with your body. I think you just fell unconscious a while ago. Do you remember Yongguk hitting you?” The doctor asked.

Kris recalled what happened earlier. He remembered Yongguk trying to humiliate him. He remembered Yongguk punch him. But then he also remembered that burning feeling in his stomach and some electrifying feeling running through his veins… He remembered the pressure he felt on his head and the white dragon that suddenly came out from his hand… And then all he could remember was that Yongguk fell and everything went blank.

 “Sir?” The doctor asked, trying to get his attention.

“How’s Bang Yongguk?” Kris asked. He was curious to what damage he had done to Yongguk.

“Well, I’ve heard that he’s facing some psychological problems right now. They said Yongguk kept on saying that you made him fly with your red eyes. He even said that he saw that your teeth grew fangs and that a dragon came out of your arms,” The doctor patted Kris shoulder. “I also heard that he’s been undergoing through depression due to the loss of her mom. And that he’s been taking anti-depressants without medical prescription,”

Kris sighed and held his forehead. “Was it my fault?”

“No, sir. Not at all,” The doctor said but Kris seemed to be unconvinced.

A knock interrupted their conversation as a nurse came in. “Sir, you have visitors outside,”

Kris looked down and turned to the doctor. “Do me a favor. Tell them I don’t accept visitors for today even if they’re Chanyeol or Baekhyun,” Kris said. He didn’t want his friends to see him like this. “And… even if they’re a family relative. I don’t want anyone else in this room except me and the doctor, understand that?”

“Yes,” The nurse replied as she bowed and left the room.

“Uhm… Excuse me,” Kris turned to the doctor. “Can you call a psychologist for me?”

“Psychologist?!” The doctor asked in astonishment.

***

“What?! Kris is in the hospital?!” Jessica exclaimed as she heard from Baekhyun. JB, Jackson and Mark were hanging out at the V.I.P. place, when Chanyeol and Baekhyun came with news about Kris.

“Yeah! I was making out with a hot swimming instructor a while ago when it happened. I wasn’t even able to get her number, damn it!” Chanyeol snapped.

“YA! Kris is your friend! You only care about girls! You don’t even care about him!” Jessica nagged and held her temples in frustration. “You guys are so mean,”

Chanyeol chuckled. “Of course, I’m just kidding!” He then stood and walked towards Jessica. He wrapped his arm around her neck with a cheeky smile on his face. “Ya, you sound like you’re Kris hyung’s girlfriend,” He teased, earning a whack from Jessica.

“I was just worried!” Jessica defended herself.

The other guys laughed and gave high-fives to each other. Jessica on the other hand shoved Chanyeol’s hand off of her neck and rolled her eyes.

“So immature,” She uttered.

“Why don’t you just admit it?” JB added, earning a glare from Jessica.

“Anyways, guys…” Baekhyun stood and got his coat. “I’ll leave first.”

“Wow. It’s the first time I see you leave so early Baekhyun hyung,” Jr. scoffed in a suspicious tone.

Baekhyun take a deep breath and looked at the lights, as if admiring them. “Well… The night is always young during Fridays, isn’t it?”

“Are you dating someone already?” Jr. asked. “I-I mean, are you in a serious relationship with someone?”

Baekhyun nodded. “Yeah, too serious that Chanyeol might kill me if I betrayed her,”

“Y-Ya! You’re going out with my cousin?!” Chanyeol asked with his index finger pointing to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckled. “This idiotic dummy,”

“Don’t you dare hit on my cousin or I’ll hit your face!” Chanyeol said and readied his fist.

Baekhyun faked a mocking laugh. “Who knows, we might just have our first kiss tonight,” Baekhyun then walked downstairs as soon as he can.

“YA!!!” Chanyeol threatened.

Meanwhile, downstairs… Baekhyun noticed a waiter being pulled out of the pub. He furrowed his eyebrows from the odd situation – a man pulling out a waiter.

But as he got outside, he realized it wasn’t a waiter. It was a waitress, with a short hair.

“Hey cutie,” The man sneered as he flicked the girl’s chin. He held the young girl’s arm as tight as he could. “I am just asking for your number, give it to me instead so we could finish,”

The young woman shook her head, not wanting to give her number. “I-I don’t want to… Please let go of me,”

“Let go of you? Do you think a fisherman lets go of his fishing rod after catching a big fish in the sea?” The man snickered and pulled the girl.

Baekhyun’s car came and he watched where the man took the waitress. He looked at his watch – he still has thirty minutes before meeting with Chanyeol’s cousin, Hyein. He went inside his car as quick as possible.

“Can you follow that man for a while?” Baekyun ordered his driver and the driver did as what he was told.

The man stopped at a very dark alley where only few people could pass by.

“Please call for the police when something happens. And call Hyein, I might be late for a while,” Baekhyun commanded again.

“Yes, sir,” The driver replied.

Baekhyun got out of his car, knowing what will happen next.

“You know what, I’m a playboy…” Baekhyun walked towards the guy. He then held the man’s shoulder with his hand. “But when a girl doesn’t want me, I never push myself to her. That’s how girls fall for you,”

The man let go of the waitress and pushed Baekhyun. The man quickly got the girl’s hand once more and held it tightly.

“Go away, idiot! This is none of your business!” The man scowled.

Baekhyun sighed. “I really have no time for some chitchat. I still have a date with my best friend, you know. Just please let go of her and ask her out in a nice way… You’re scaring her,”

The man suddenly pulled out a Swiss knife and pointed it to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun cursed. It was his first time seeing a sharp object pointed at him. He noticed his car was already out of sight, which made him feel a bit relieved.

“HELP!” The waitress yelled.

“You little fox. You think people can hear you? In this dark place?” The man jeered.

Baekhyun suddenly felt something painful at the back of his head. It was reaching his temples that he held it and groaned in pain.

“AHHHH!!!” He cried out, leaving the waitress and the man surprised. He covered his face as he felt the excruciating pain in his whole head.

“What the hell? You think I’ll feel guilty with-“ The man blabbered but was cut off when Baekhyun let go of his face.

A blinding white light came out from his eyes. It seemed like an unknown energy that pushed the man towards the very corner of the alley. The man bumped his head on the wall and got unconscious.

“W-What happened?” The girl asked in shock.

Baekhyun held his head. He heard the police siren until everything went blurry and he fell unconscious.

***

As he opened his eyes, he was alone in a very dark room. He could not see anything. He stood and heard only the echo of his footsteps.

“W-Where am I?” He asked himself.

Suddenly, a sun-like structure flashed in front of him, and it later began forming into a lady. She was wearing a one shoulder strap white sheath gown and a golden crown around her head. She looked like a Greek goddess with her undeniable beauty.

“Y-Ya, what just happened? I keep on seeing light and weird things about light….” Baekhyun asked and scratched his fringe.

“Don’t be afraid to follow the light Baekhyun,” The woman advised.

Baekhyun chuckled. “What are you? Are you my conscience?”

“Baekhyun, listen to me. Whatever accusations they give you, do not say anything. Continue protecting the princess from harm,”

“Princess?” Baekhyun asked, trying to understand what the odd woman was saying. “Am I being pranked here? Is this being recorded? I don’t have time for this, I promised Hyein-“

“Baekhyun, stick to the light and the princess,” The light suddenly faded away and the girl was out of sight.

The room was once again filled with darkness. “What the heck, turn on the lights, I can’t see anything…”

“Baekhyun-ah! You’re awake!” He suddenly heard his mother cried.

“Eo-Eomma? Where are you? Am I dreaming?” Baekhyun asked.

“Ya!” He mother whacked his head. “What are you talking about, you lazy idiot!” He can hear her mom’s sobs near him.

“I-I’m not dreaming? C-Could you please turn all the lights on? It’s so dark, I can’t see a thing,” Baekhyun pleaded.

“What?” His mom stopped from sobbing and sniffed. “S-Son… The lights are shining brightly in this room,”

Baekhyun’s mouth hung open. ‘Eo-Eomma… By any chance… Have I become blind?”

---

A/N: MY LAPTOP'S HARD DRIVE GOT CORRUPTED. :( So I'm really sorry for not being able to update as soon as I could. But here it is! I hope you still love the fanfic. I need comments to comfort me. HAHAHA =)) But yeah, I'm really sad, all of my files are there, including my other fan fictions, music files and pictures. :( Anyways, I hope you guys liked the update! :) I'll continue updating as fast as I can.