THE LEADERS

EXO Planet: The Lost Sons and Princess

It was Jino’s first day in the pub. She went straightly to Jessica’s office to get her uniform, so she could start working. Jessica gave her a name plate with her name on it and a ‘TRAINEE’ under it, which she will use for her first two weeks in the job…

“Tao, this is Lee Jino. She will be your new trainee. Jino, this is Huang Zi Tao, he will be assisting you for your first two weeks here. And he’s also from Seoul University and also a second year. I hope you can work together well,” Jessica introduced the two employees nicely. She then smiled and left them together at the bar.

“Hey,” Tao smiled crookedly and waved at Jino. “Y-You can call me by my name if you want,”

Jino nodded and looked at his sharp eyes, trying to pay attention to what Tao will say. Tao turned to his left, trying to cut the awkward eye contact.

“Uhm… I’ll introduce to you how to use the cash register first…” He walked to the cash register and Jino followed. “I will teach you how to use this for now, since this is where the codes are,”

“Codes?” Jino asked.

Tao nodded. “We need those codes for shortcut purposes. You can’t always write nachos with cheese and salsa when you’re getting orders, right? So while I’m teaching you how to use this machine, try to pay attention to the list of codes. You can also refer to the list on your left for the copy of codes,”

Jino nodded.

“Hyung, number 24’s receipt please!” Someone called at the other side of the bar. “Oh, hi! You are… Lee Jino, a trainee…” The boy said, reading Jino’s nameplate.

“W-Wait… Aren’t you the chaebol in our school?” Jino asked.

“Huh?” Tao and the other waiter asked in unison.

“W-Well, Seoul University has a lot of chaebols,” Tao reminded.

“Yeah, including him!” He pointed Tao. “But I’m not a chaebol, I’m a scholar! Whoever told that I’m a chaebol to you, must be absurd,” He said while chuckling.

Jino scratched her head. She then read the guy’s name plate, which didn’t give enough information about who the guy is since it only says ‘V’. “B-But aren’t you Byun Baekhyun?”

V scratched his head. “I look better than that guy, alright? I’m even smarter!” He whispered, trying not to make others hear.

“S-Sorry,” Jino apologized in embarrassment. “Y-You sort of look like him…”

V chuckled. “It’s okay, I always hear that… My name’s Kim Taehyung, but my friends called me V,”

“Here,” Tao passed the receipt to V. “Let’s all get back to work, alright?”

“Yes,” V and Jino said in unison.

Tao chuckled. “That guy with the pink hair, that’s BamBam. He’s Thai, so just try to adjust when his Korean grammar isn’t right…”

Jino nodded. “But… Y-You’re really a chaebol?” Jino asked.

Tao nodded. Jino wanted to ask why he was working when he’s a chaebol, but she tried to wait until Tao opens it up.

But he didn’t.

Jino smiled. “You seem to be a little quiet unlike the other guys I’ve met in Seoul University,”

Tao gave out soft chuckles. “Well, I have nothing much to say…” He pressed something on the cash register, making Jino glance at it for a second.

“Right,” Jino nodded.

“And another thing…” Tao faced Jino once again and Jino paid attention. “I’m half Chinese, so please tell me if I have wrong grammars, too,” He quickly cut the eye contact and blushed in embarrassment. “Let’s start,”

 

Jino was on her way home when suddenly…

Meow~

Jino looked up at a 45ft high wall and saw a white cat, struggling to go down.

“Hm? Are you afraid?” Jino asked the cat, as if it could understand her.  “How did you even got up at that wall?” She asked again, as if the cat would reply to her.

She then saw a nearby tree that seemed to be the cat’s way of going up. She sighed. Climbing wasn’t her thing, but seeing how afraid the cute white cat was, she felt the need to go and get it. She held one of the tree’s branches and stepped on the tree’s trunk. She continued climbing up, until she could reach the wall’s topmost part.

“Wow, I didn’t know that was a piece of cake!” She said and chuckled. She used one of her hand to tightly hold one of the branches for support and used her other hand to reach for the cat.

“Ya! This would be hard, kitty cat! Please come here,” Jino pleaded, beckoning the cat to come near her. “Come here, kitty…”

The cat then carefully walked towards her. “There, don’t be afraid…”

Suddenly, the cat lost its balance and slipped. Jino then panicked and tried to reach for one of the cat’s legs. “A-Aigoo, hold on tight…” She said as she successfully got one of its legs.

But unfortunately, the branch that she’s holding on for support broke. “AAAAAHHHH!!!” She screamed as she felt herself fall through the thin air. She closed her eyes without knowing what would happen next. Her mind was blank as the air brushed her skin and pushed her down to the ground but…

A pair of arms hugged her. She opened her eyes, and just like a slow motion in movies, she could see clearly how high it was. It was about 30ft high.

And a man tries to save her.

They landed on the floor gently, like he only jumped on a trampoline to pick her.

As she felt that they were already stable, she lifted her head up. The man who saved her had a familiar face. It was the tall guy who saved her a while ago from Yongguk – Kris.

“I-It’s you again…” Jino uttered, still on Kris’ arms. Kris was still carrying her petite body bridal-style. “B-But… how did you jumped that high?”

Kris stiffened. Everything was odd and she was right. How did he manage to jump that high?

Meow~

The cat distracted them from the awkward silence.

“Y-You’re alive!” Jino almost cried in joy. She jumped to stand on the ground and Kris let her go. She knelt and hugged the cat. She then played with its white fur and the cat seemed to like it.

“Wait. Don’t tell me you tried to save the cat that’s why you almost fell on the ground,” Kris said and crossed his arms.

Jino scratched her short brown hair and giggled. She then stood up and carried the cat, allowing Kris to see the white cat. “It’s cute isn’t it?”

Kris rolled his eyes and scratched his nose. “This is ridiculou-“ He was suddenly cut off when he sneezed loudly. “C-Can you bring it down? I-I’m allergic to fur...” He stammered as he tried to speak with his itchy nose.

“Oh, I-I’m sorry,” Jino then walked two steps away from him. “Thanks for saving my life. I already owe you two,”

“Anyways, you seem to be walking at a dark street alone… Do you want a ride home?” Kris offered thoughtfully.

Jino felt embarrassed by the offer, thinking that she had been relying on the guy since morning. “I-It’s alright, our house is almost near here anyways… And… I owe you a lot already,” Jino chuckled and sighed. “On my first salary day, I’ll just… I’ll just treat you a meal, I promise!” She raised her hand, as if making an oath.

“Y-You’ll treat me a meal?” Kris asked and pointed himself. He burst out laughing that his gums were already showing; he even clapped to it.

Jino looked at her with astonishment.

He was distracted by the cat’s meow and realized that Jino was serious about it. “S-Sorry, I just…” He cleared his throat, trying to bring back his strong image. “I… uhm… Yeah, th-that sounds… cool,”

Jino smiled. “Okay! I’ll go ahead. Bye!” She waved and held the cat tightly.

Kris watched as Jino walked away. He chuckled and muttered to himself: “She must really not know who I am,”

 

As Jino reached home…

“How was he able to catch you?” Jino’s mom asked as she examined the white cat Jino brought home.

“W-Well… I don’t know, it was just like a miracle! Aigoo, mom, luck has been around me these past few days!” Jino giggled and went to her room to change her clothes.

Her mom caressed the cat’s fur in wonder. “Who saved her?” She asked, as if the cat would reply to her.

***

Su Ho was once again walking at the seashore, unsure if it was the reality or a dream. It was peaceful and he sat on the white sand. He was once again, away from the stress in his own world.

Big waves came and he moved backwards, afraid that it might eat him up.

“Don’t be afraid, Su Ho,” A familiar woman’s voice said. “The waves will guide you to me,”

The waves were big and it already reached his toes. He stood and tried to run, but the waves quickly got him. He tried to swim back to the shore, but the waves kept pushing him towards the sea.

“Relax, Su Ho,” The woman said. She then hummed a melody that seemed familiar to his ears, making him calm down. His heart felt like it was swimming by its own, and the waves quickly calmed down as well.

“I want you to close your eyes and feel the water splash through your skin,” The woman once again commanded.

“W-Why do I have to follow you? Who are you?” Su Ho asked.

The woman appeared before his eyes, and it was the same woman he dreamt last time when he saved Jino.

“AHHH!!! Wake up Kim Joonmyeon!!!” Su Ho shouted to himself. “Stop bothering me, please,” Su Ho pleaded and covered his ears.

A tear suddenly fell on her cheek. “Heal your heart. The whole waters can feel your sadness…”

“Sadness?” Su Ho asked.

“Aren’t you?” The woman asked, making Su Ho puzzled.

He calmed down and realized the woman was right. He was sad. He was stressed from school, stressed from his stepbrother, and stressed from his obligations that do not seem to make any sense.

Su Ho tried to hold the woman’s face, to wipe her tears away.

But he couldn’t.

Her cheek was formed from waters, that it only washed Su Ho’s hand when he held it. “You expect me to believe you, when I cannot even touch you?”

The woman sighed. “You won’t understand it right now. That’s the reason why you need to stick to the princess and protect her,”

“Jino is innocent. She’s an ordinary girl!” Su Ho exclaimed.

The woman sighed. “Su Ho… Remember this: As long as the 12 element holders are around the princess, she is safe and Exo Planet is safe.”

“12 Element Holders? Exo Planet? I can’t understand this whole thing…” Su Ho held his forehead. “I haven’t watched ‘The Lord of the Rings’ movie but it seems like I am haunted by fantasy movies and stories…” He scratched his head and whispered.

“I know it will be hard for you, but someone once told me…” The woman said and big waves came around them. “You’re a guardian and I should trust you… So as the first leader of the element holders, look for the second leader who holds the flight element and the dragon master, so you will unite once again,” The waves came around the woman, not even touching Su Ho.

Su Ho felt his neck sore. He suddenly found himself sleeping on his laptop, lying on his study table. “Another dream…” He uttered as he got up. He opened his laptop and checked the time – it was still ten in the evening.

He looked at his laptop and tried to process everything in his mind for a few seconds. He then typed the words “EXO Planet” on the search bar, thinking that the internet might solve the mysterious dreams he had.

But he could only see Extrasolar Planet and a few things about it.

“What the heck is Exo Planet?” He asked himself. He sighed, thinking that the whole dream was just a waste of time.

***

Kris changed his clothes into pajamas, after taking a shower. He felt his muscle sore from his basketball training. There were only a few days left until the basketball semi-finals.

He then went to the room’s terrace. He suddenly remembered what happened earlier. It was clear to his mind that it was not his normal jump. It was not even the jumps he does when he dunks the ball into the ring during a basketball game.

The Chinese characters were now erased from his forearm.

“Longzhanshi…” He uttered, confused if the Chinese characters and the dragon he saw a while ago were just his hallucinations. But he hasn’t taken drugs ever.

Suddenly, the letters came out of his forearm again, but this time, it didn’t hurt him. Light came out of it, and the letters faded from his arm again. The light formed into the flaming dragon he met a while ago again.

Kris almost cursed from astonishment. “Why are you here?! Go away!”

“But you just called me, how can I not follow you when you’re my master?” The dragon asked slyly.

“Y-You’re talking to me again!” Kris covered his face with his hands. “I’m going crazy!!!”

“Why must I not talk back? My master asked me a question so I must answer!” The dragon responded politely.

“Just speak in Korean, Kris. He won’t understand you because he’s Chinese anyways,” Kris thought to himself.

“But whether it’s English or Cantonese, I also know it because you are my master. And everything you know, even the things you do not know, I must know it in order for me to serve you to my best extent!”

Kris sighed and crossed his arms. “I called you? Your name’s Longzhanshi?”

“No, it’s a title. A title which you could only call because you are the dragon master and I am the dragon warrior who serves you-,”

“Then go away. I don’t need you right now,” Kris cut him off and commanded stiffly.

“But Kris… before I leave… Let me congratulate you for saving the princess’ life. You are indeed, the flight-element holder.

“I… what? Fly?” Kris laughed. “Are you kidding me? All I did was-“

“Have you ever thought of the reason why you always wanted to be at high places?” The dragon asked.

Kris sat at the edge of the terrace railings. He got silent for a while and reminisce some memories from his past.

“There was a time back in middle school… when I tried to kill myself,” He looked below the terrace, where his mother’s garden was. “I stood on this terrace railing and felt the wind brush on the tip of my toes. Without thinking how high the room is, I jumped. I only thought of death. I only thought of ending my life in this unfair world. But then I didn’t die…” He got up from the railings and stood on the ground. He held the terrace and continued, “I was able to land on the floor, like I only jumped on a trampoline.”

He sighed and tried not to look at the dragon. “Maybe I can really fly. Maybe I really have control over you. But what are these for?”

“Kris,” The dragon called. “This is your life. You have to protect the princess. But in the current situation, you have to protect her to save Exo Planet. You have to bring her back, together with the queen to fight against the Red Forces,”

“Can you just shut up? Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone earlier? You’re making things worse, you’re confusing me!” Kris said and held his forehead.

“I’m sorry, my master. I just felt that I needed to tell it to you to help you,”

“Go away,” Kris commanded. The dragon quickly faded from the thin air and Kris closed his eyes, trying to forget what happened.

 

Morning came. Su Ho woke up to the noise that came downstairs. He could hear her mother and father arguing about something.

He quickly got up, worried that it might be a big problem. As he opened his door, he saw Jin, who had just woke up as well.

“Hey,” Su Ho greeted; more of calling his attention.

Jin just walked straightly to the staircase, as if Su Ho didn’t greet him.

“Great,” Su Ho uttered and followed him.

“It’s been eighteen years, Joon Hyeon! Our Su Ho can understand it well,” Their mother cried, which made Jin and Su Ho run towards their mom. “Please, tell him…”

Jin chuckled. “Ah, finally,” he muttered.

Su Ho on the other hand did not know anything. “What is it that I have to know? Why are you crying mom?”

Su Ho’s mom and dad looked at each other in horror. They were both worried and tongue-tied.

Jin crossed his arms in excitement. “Well, let’s just say that I am the only son of our parents,”

Su Ho furrowed his eyebrows, trying to process what Jin just said. “W-What?”

“Su Ho…” His dad sighed. “Before you came, your mother and I had a healthy baby. He was able to walk and run cheerfully. We then took a trip to a beach resort, to celebrate that baby’s second birthday… but an incident happened… While we were busy preparing the food, we didn’t notice that kid was gone. We asked for a rescue operation but his body could not be found… However, a floating basket was found at the beach…. It contained a baby boy, and that baby was you, Su Ho. That was the reason why we gave you the name Su Ho, because you were like our baby’s guardian angel that came down from heaven to make sure his parents are happy…”

Su Ho scratched his head. He was still taking in what his father just said. He then nodded. “I-It’s okay, you don’t have to worry,”

“Su Ho-ya…” His mother said and hugged him.

“T-Thank you so much for taking me in this family…” Su Ho muttered, but he was still dumbfounded by his father’s story. “I-I’ll take a bath,”

 

Su Ho rode his bike and let Jin use the car since they only have one driver for the month.

“I am not Kim Junmyeon,” He thought. “Who am I, then?” He asked himself. A tear suddenly fell on his cheek as he kept asking himself.

“I am not their real son… Who am I?” He asked himself once more as his feelings burst out. He started to pedal faster than his normal speed.

Suddenly, rain poured hard.

***

Jino was walking on her way to school when the rain poured hard. She then ran to a nearby waiting shed to stop and search for her umbrella.

“This is odd…” Jino thought. “The rain poured hard so fast….” She then opened her umbrella and continued walking to school. A sudden splash behind her distracted her.

It was a familiar boy riding on his bike. “Su Ho sunbae!” Jino called.

Su Ho was already drenched in the rain. He stopped when he heard Jino call him. Jino on the other hand quickly ran to him and shared her umbrella.

Su Ho looked down on the ground, feeling a bit embarrassed that Jino saw him like this.

“Were you crying sunbae?” Jino asked.

“N-No. Probably the rain drops’ effect on my face,” Su Ho pretended to chuckle.

Jino got her handkerchief and passed it to Su Ho. “This is little but I hope it helps,”

Su Ho looked at Jino’s white handkerchief. He smiled as he got it. “Thank you,” He said and wiped his drenched face.

The rain suddenly stopped and the sun began to shine brightly again.

“Aigoo, it’s a really weird weather,” Jino said while looking at the skies. She then closed her umbrella and looked at Su Ho, who was carefully examining at her.

If she was the princess, she must have known why the rain stopped and why it fell if he was also the water element holder for real. But as Su Ho observes her, it seems like she doesn’t know anything. “Those dreams were nonsense,” he thought.

“Are you alright, oppa?” Jino asked. “I have to go to school now. You can use my handkerchief if you still need it.”

“Hop on, I’ll give you a ride,” Su Ho invited.

Jino excitedly sat on the pannier rack of Su Ho’s bike. She held Su Ho’s drenched blazer for support, thinking it would be awkward to hug him tight like she sees in some romantic movies. “Oppa, do you mind if I hold here?”

“No, it’s alright,” Su Ho said. As soon as they were both ready, he drove off to their school.

***

“I saw you with Su Ho sunbae!” Boram and Jinra squealed and teased Jino. They both nudged her as they walked towards their classroom and smiled cheekily towards Jino, making the latter furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

“Well… I saw him on his way to school without an umbrella so I called him to give my handkerchief and shared my umbrella too,” Jino explained, but both Boram and Jinra took it in another way.

“Is that how you confess your feelings?” Jinra asked with a mischievous smile.

“F-Feelings?! What are you talking about?” Jino asked, clueless of what’s going on. “Su Ho oppa saved me last time and I just want to do something to repay for his kindness,”

“You still rode on his bike and went to school together!” Boram said and started to tickle Jino. Jinra on the other hand followed, making Jino walk a little fast so she could avoid Boram and Jinra.

She then started walking backwards, trying to watch if Boram and Jinra will tickle her. “Stop it, okay?” She said, in between chuckles.

“Jino! AT YOUR BACK!” Jinra and Boram shouted.

Suddenly, Jino felt something behind her and stepped on someone else’s shoe. She quickly turned to see who it was.

It was a familiar girl. “I am so sorry,” She said and bowed a 90-degree bow.

The woman snickered. “You just stepped on a limited edition Prada high heels. What are you going to do?”

Jino blinked, not knowing what to do.

“Y-Ya, Goo Yejin! She already said sorry…” Jinra butted in, trying to defend Jino.

“You seem new here, are you a scholar?” Yejin asked Jino, not listening to Jinra.

Jino nodded. She felt embarrassed as the crowd started getting larger around them. Her reply earned howls and squeals from different students she haven’t seen yet.

“That explains it!” Yejin chuckled. “You don’t know what Prada is, don’t you?”

“I-I know it’s a high end brand…” Jino replied, looking at Yejin’s eyes. They looked innocent because they were round and black, but she could clearly see that they were only circle lenses.

Suddenly, a hand held Jino’s arm tightly, which made her gasp and turn to her side. It was Kai, and he looked at Yejin with his lazy looking eyes.

The crowd silenced and everyone waited until someone spoke.

“J-Jong In…” Yejin uttered.

“Get lost,” Kai said and pulled Jino out of the crowd.

“J-Jong In-ah, l-let go of me… Y-You’re holding my arm too tight!” Jino said.

Kai suddenly stopped, making Jino bump to his muscular back.

“S-Sorry,” Jino said as Kai turned to her. “A-And thank you for pulling me out of the crowd.”

“Are you alright?” Kai asked. He rubbed his nape, feeling awkward to ask her that question.

Jino nodded and smiled an assuring smile.

“Don’t feel intimidated about the Prada thing,”

Jino chuckled. “I wasn’t. I was just shocked with her approach. I never know there were those kinds of bullies too,”

Kai let out a short chuckle. “Tell her we’re not close if she asks you, or else, she might kill you… But don’t take that too literally,”

“O-Okay,” Jino nodded.

“Are you falling for me already?” Kai teased.

“What?! Why?!” Jino asked trying to avoid looking at Kai’s mocking eyes.

“Go back to our classroom, you dummy. You’ll be late for Math class,” He flicked Jino’s nose and walked away.

“H-How about you?!” Jino asked and followed Kai.

“I don’t want to tell you,” Kai said coldly.

“Oh, right. You don’t want to be friends with me,” Jino noted herself. She then walked towards the other direction, towards their classroom.

 

Dismissal time came. Some students are enjoying for the end of the class, while for some, dismissal time is just the beginning of a new day.

The different varsity teams of the school crowded the different locker rooms in the school and prepared for their own training. Meanwhile, Jino walked with Boram and Jinra, as the two girls guarded Jino on her way to the school’s gate.

“You, guys, don’t have to do this,” Jino laughed as she saw her friends being overprotective to her. “I’m alright,”

“Fine. But call us when that Goo Yejin shows up again, alright? I’ll surely let her eat my heels!” Boram said and held her hips.

“We’re really sorry Jino. If we weren’t too playful, you wouldn’t step on those heels,” Jinra pouted apologetically.

“It’s alright, it already happened. Let’s just hope it doesn’t get worse,” Jino said and patted Jinra’s shoulder.

“Our driver’s waiting for me outside, do you want a ride?” Jinra asked.

Jino shook her head. “No, it’s alright, I still have a part-time job, remember?”

“Alright, we’ll go ahead, bye!” Boram and Jinra walked to the parking lot.

As Jino continued walking, she passed by the school’s basketball court and noticed a familiar guy playing basketball.

“That’s the guy who saved me last night! No wonder he jumps really high…” Jino thought. She watched Kris as he trained really hard for the upcoming semi-finals.

“Jino!” Someone called behind her back. It was Tao and he was with BamBam and V.

“Oh, hi!” Jino waved at the three boys who looked really cute with their uniform on. “Wow, you look cooler when you’re in our school uniform, like models,” Jino raised her two thumbs up.

“Aren’t we handsome?” BamBam giggled.

“Hey! I heard what happened earlier!” V said and patted Jino’s head. “Aigoo, don’t mind that girl. We’re scholars; we’re smarter than her anyways,”

Jino chuckled and slightly slapped V’s shoulder. “It’s alright. At least she didn’t do anything to me… Anyways, are you on your way to the pub?”

The three guys nodded. BamBam and V replied brightly, while Tao was still on his usual timid self.

“Noona, shall we go there together?” BamBam asked.

“Sure!” Jino exclaimed. She observed the guys as they walked out of the school. She noticed a long bag clutched on Tao’s back. “Tao? What’s that long bag behind you?” She asked, out of curiosity.

“Oh this?” Tao asked, and raised his arm to reach the bag behind him. “It’s a wushu stick. I loved wushu since I was a little,”

“Really? That’s cool!” Jino praised, and Tao just gave him another timid smile.

BamBam wrapped his arm around Tao’s neck. “Cool as wushu is, Tao hyung is known for his great wushu skills! He had been joining competitions since he was little, and he surely wins every competition he joins!” He continued praising, making Tao shove off his arm from his neck, to shut the younger off.

“Wow, daebak,” Jino’s mouth almost opened widely from BamBam’s story.

“But don’t mention fencing to him,” V whispered to Jino.

“W-Why, what’s with fencing?” Jino asked naively, that Tao could hear it.

“W-Well,” V’s face blushed in pink and felt embarrassed as he saw Tao looked on the ground and walked slower than his usual.

Tao cut him off and gave a pretentious smile. “Let’s just say I’m not meant for it,” He chortled and continued walking.

 

The sky gets darker and Seoul University’s basketball team was still training for the upcoming semi-finals with Incheon University. The game was mostly anticipated by many students since Incheon University had been the greatest rival of Seoul University, in terms with basketball.

“Kris! Rest for a while, you’ve done a lot today,” The coach called. They were having a practice game and the coach observed that Kris was the only one doing his whole effort for his team.

 “Yes,” Kris then bowed a 90-degree bow. He then ran to the bench and drank water from his water bottle.

“Then, how about us?” Chanyeol, who was still in the court, whispered to Baekhyun. “ I swear, I only have the height but not the talents in this sport,”

Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol, making the latter stumble. “If you have the height, then what does that make me?!”  Baekhyun rolled his eyes and ran to get the ball.

“No height, no talents?” Chanyeol asked, teasing Baekhyun.

“Go away,” Baekhyun said and threw a ball towards Chanyeol’s chest to hit him hard.

“Yongguk!” The coach called, making everyone pay their attention to him. “Replace Kris,”

Yongguk eyed Kris and the latter looked at him sternly as he walked towards the court.

“Coach,” Kris approached the coach. “I think Baekhyun needs a sub… I can still play,”

“It’s alright Kris, let Baekhyun play. He needs improvement and his performance tonight is really remarkable. And besides, I can’t fatigue my players. You’ve been playing since the first half of the practice game,”

Kris paused for a moment and sighed. “Fine, but make sure that Bang Yongguk won’t act like he’s the only player in the team during the actual game,” Kris said and left.

“Kris,” The coach called but once Kris walked away, he knew he wouldn’t be able to talk to him anymore.

***

A week had passed, and the most awaited basketball league came. Seoul University’s basketball court was crowded with students from Seoul University and Incheon University.

The game started as early as possible. Kris was one of the first players to play during the first half. Chanyeol and Baekhyun on the other hand waited on the bench, as well as Yongguk.

The tension rose when the third half started. Incheon University’s team started leading. Kris was still on the court, while Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Yongguk was still on the bench.

Suddenly during an Incheon University player’s free throw, Seoul University’s coach decided to substitute one player and let Yongguk play.

When one of the players from Seoul University passed the ball to Yongguk, whatever he does, he never passed the ball to Kris. Kris felt the tension rise up to his head, and he almost got mad.

The last two minutes of the game came. The score was a tie, due to Yongguk’s consistent three-point shots. As the coach suddenly called for a timeout, Kris held his fist to stop himself from doing anything to Yongguk.

“This is teamwork guys,” The coach emphasized his last sentence and brought the clipboard down on the floor. “I know you guys can do it, just remember that this is a teamwork,”

The timer alarmed and it was a sign that the timeout was done and the players need to go back in the court. The last minute came. There were only a few seconds left, and Incheon University was leading with one point higher than Seoul University.

There were only ten seconds left. Kris was heating up, as Yongguk kept playing by himself. Incheon University was about to shoot again, but Kris was near the ring and was able to steal the ball.

There were only five seconds left towards the other side of the court. Kris ran as fast as he could…

5

4

The seconds ticked in slow motion as Kris lifted his heels up, as he reached the three point line, jumping as high as he could to reach the ring.

3

Su Ho was one of the audiences who looked towards the direction where Kris was going. He suddenly noticed something behind Kris…

He stood up in shock. “A-A flaming dragon?”

2…

He suddenly remembered the things the woman told her in his dream…

“So as the first leader of the element holders, look for the second leader who holds the flight element and the dragon master, so you will unite once again,”

Kris dunked the ball into the ring and the alarm signaling for the end of the game rang. Confetti started to fall in the court and the Seoul University students cheered in joy.

“Wow! Such a good game! Our Yongguk did great!” Him Chan clapped and howled in joy.

“H-Him Chan, have you seen that?” Su Ho asked.

“Kris Wu’s dunk? Yeah! It was totally amazing! But I think Yongguk hyung made the team win!” Him Chan kept on clapping.

“N-No that thing behind Kris’ back?” Su Ho asked once again.

“H-Huh?” Him Chan asked, giving him a look. “You know what, I’ll meet you later at the school government’s office, alright? I still have to congratulate my best friend,” He quickly ran towards the court.

“Didn’t he really saw that?” Su Ho thought, as he watched Him Chan run to Yongguk.

But it wasn’t only him who saw that…

“What was that?” Jino murmured.

“Jino-ya, Boram and I are going to take a picture with Kris sunbae!!! Do you want to come?” Jinra invited, almost squealing.

But Jino’s mind was still taken aback by the flaming thing behind Kris.

“Jino!” Boram called again, trying to get Jino’s attention.

“W-What? I-I mean, you can go, I’ll just wait here,” Jino said and sat on her seat.

“Okay!” Boram and Jinra squealed in excitement and ran towards the court.

“What was that?” Jino asked again.

---

Hi guys! I am writing a new fan fiction about an OC, Byun Baekhyun and Oh Se Hun. If you're interested, here's the link: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/697864/don-t-touch-my-girl-comedy-romance-schoollife-exo-sehun-baekhyun

Don't worry. I will still update this fan fiction. To make it fair, I've decided to update this story every Monday, and the other story every Thursday. Thank you for the subscriptions and comments! I am so inspired to write and update both fanfics. :)