PLAYGROUND

EXO Planet: The Lost Sons and Princess

“Boram-ah, who were those people in the soccer field? Are they really famous here in school?” Jino asked.

“Well… Let’s say the one who won is one of the kingkas in this university,” Boram said as she pushed her eyeglasses up on the bridge of her nose to line up on her eyes.

“So that’s why he had fans a while ago…” Jino said; scratching her brown, bob cut hair.

“Well… A doll-like face like Lu Han’s face?! I think he should be a queenka instead… It looks really pretty!” Jinra said while chuckling.

“Really?” A soft man’s voice behind them suddenly asked, making the three of them turn slowly to their back. And unfortunately or fortunately, it was the kingka, Lu Han.

Beside him was another kingka named Oh Se Hun. He was blonde, and his face doesn’t give off a lot of expressions. His eyes look somewhat lazy.

“I heard you talking about me,” Lu Han said as he played the stick of his lollipop that he already finished a few seconds ago.

Jino looked to Jinra. She was looking on the ground from embarrassment. Jino then turned her gaze to Boram and she was also doing the same thing Jinra was doing. “Is it really embarrassing to talk about him? He’s a kingka anyways, what does he expect?” Jino asked herself in her mind. She then turned her gaze to Lu Han and Se Hun.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Jino greeted politely and bowed a 90-degree bow to Lu Han and Se Hun, getting Jinra and Boram’s attention. “I’m Lee Jino. I’m a new student here in Seoul University… I’m sorry if we were talking about you, I just got curious about the things happening around here so I asked them who were the guys in the soccer fields a while ago… b-beause you seem famous in the school…” Jino explained boldly, but had a hard time on choosing the right words to explain her side nicely.

Lu Han chuckled. “You’re a freshman, right?”

Jino nodded. “Am I getting myself into trouble?” Again, she mentally asked herself. She then nodded and asked Lu Han, “W-Why?”

“You’re cute,” Lu Han said and Jino felt her cheeks burn. “But next time I don’t want to hear that I look pretty. It sounds awful,” He then patted Jino’s hair and walked towards the staircase. “Se Hun-ah, see you later in training,”

“Woah, that hyung’s still going to train despite of his situation with Kai?!” Se Hun muttered.

“Ya, Se Hun-ah!” Jinra called.

“What?” Se Hun asked, his eyes still looked lazy.

“You know each other?!” Jino butted in and asked in shock.

Jinra crossed her arms. “Yaaaa, I’m not a new student here. We’ve been classmates for how many years… I think we only haven’t been classmates this year,” Jinra explained.

“Now tell me what happened with Yejin and Kai,” Jinra said, trying to get the rumors clearer this time.

Se Hun rolled his eyes and sighed. “As expected, you want to hear the latest gossips around the campus,”

“Come on, tell me!!!” Jinra pleaded.

Se Hun beckoned to Jinra. Jinra did as what she was told to do. Se Hun then leaned forward to reach her ear. “YEHET!!!” He shouted as loud as he could on Jinra’s ears and ran as quick as possible.

“YA! THAT HURTS!!!” Jinra shouted. “DAMN IT! That evil guy,” Jinra rolled her eyes.

The bell suddenly rang, making the three of them race to their classroom.

***

“WANTED WAITRESS: 17-25 years old?” Jino read the sign at a nearby gastro pub on her way home. “Shall I try this?” Jino thought. “Maybe I could lessen eomma’s stress if I could earn money too…”

She carefully opened the door and looked around the place. The whole place was spacious and fancy. It looks like a hangout place for high school and college students. The lighting they used was yellow lights and it matched the beige walls of the pub and the black bar at the center of the pub, where the counter, baristas and waiters are. There were frames that hung on the walls: some of them were famous American movies; and some were pictures of famous players in different sports. The tables in the first floor was approximately 8-10 tables, probably because there are still rooms found at the left side of the gastro pub and probably because there are still tables at the second floor of the bar. Some of the tables were car-inspired designs: an example is a top down car, in which instead of seeing the car’s dashboard and steering wheel in front of you, you’ll see a table; some of the tables were round shaped designed with different kinds of balls: soccer ball, basketball and even football.

Jino went straight to the black counter at the center of the pub. At first she hesitated to ask, but she thought it was worthless coming there if she wouldn’t ask. She cleared and tried to get the attention of a man that seemed like a barista, who had his back facing Jino. “Excuse me?” Jino asked, but here soft voice couldn’t match the volume of the loud music inside the bar. “EXCUSE ME?” She tried again.

The man then turned to Jino. He was wearing the required uniform – a black polo shirt with the gastro pub’s name on it and black pants, topped by a black apron.

Jino looked at the man’s eyes. She didn’t know if the man looked at her intensely, or it was just his eyes. Either way, the man’s eyes were totally sharp, his nose was pointed and his jaw was shaped in a perfect v-line. His hair was blonde and he had different piercings on his ears that made him look a bit gothic.

“How may I help you?” The man asked. He looked at Jino’s uniform and nameplate.

“I-I just got interested with the sign in front of this pub… that they need a waitress…” Jino tried to look appealing in front of the man, just in case he was the manager or something.

“BamBam-ah!” The man called.

“Why?” Another man… Scratch that, a boy who had a very gently voice came running towards the man whom Jino just talked to. His had a black spiky hair, but some strand at the top center of his hair was dyed in pink.

“Can you this girl to Jessica noona’s office?” The man asked the boy named BamBam.

BamBam nodded. “Yes!” He then did a salute to the man, in which the latter responded with a soft chuckle. As he turned to Jino, he smiled and waved excitedly. “Come! Follow me, miss,”

Jino did as what the boy told him to. BamBam lead her at a room beside the pub’s kitchen.

“Noona?” BamBam knocked on the door. He then opened it and told Jino to follow him inside the room.

It was a small office, where a sophisticated and glamorous looking girl works at. She looked almost looked like a Barbie doll with her blonde hair. She stood and greeted BamBam and Jino. “Annyeonghaseyo, what is it BamBam?” She asked, her voice was as soft as a mellow song in the ears.

“Well…” BamBam scratched his head, looking confused. “Tao hyung asked me to lead her here without telling me the reason why,”

The girl gave her a look for a second, but quickly replaced it with a smile when she turned to Jino. “Is there anything I can help you?”

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Jino bowed a 90-degree bow. She felt her knees shake as she talked to the girl, but didn’t mind it anyways. “I am Lee Jino and I am interested with the job being asked on the sign outside the pub,”

“I’m Jessica Jung, the manager of this gastro pub. You may sit,” She pointed a seat near her table. “BamBam, I think you may leave us now,”

“Thank you noona,” BamBam said and went out of the office.

“I hope it’s not offending to ask… But are you from Seoul University?” Jessica asked, observing Jino’s uniform.

“Ah, yes, I just moved there today because of the scholarship offered last quarter,” Jino replied politely.

“Oh, I see…” Jessica nodded and smiled at her. “I’m happy that a girl finally applied in our pub. All of the waiters here are boys, so if ever you’re going to work here, I hope you can adjust for a bit… We’ll still be looking for female employees, don’t worry,”

Jino smiled. “You don’t have to worry, sunbae. I’m not awkward with boys, as long as they don’t do anything wrong with me,”

Jessica nodded, having a good impression from Jino. “I just need your bio-data and you can start training with Tao, I mean, one of our employees,”

“Thank you, sunbae!” Jino said and bowed to her, but she accidentally bumped her head on Jessica’s table. “Ouch,” she muttered.

“OH MY, are you okay?” Jessica asked.

“I-I’m alright sunbae,” Jino chuckled and raise a thumb up for assurance. She then stood and bowed again to Jessica. “I’ll try to send my bio-data as soon as possible. Thank you, sunbae!”

“No problem,” Jessica chuckled with Jino’s bright attitude. She then watched as Jino went out of her office, until another knock came.

“Noona!” BamBam went inside Jessica’s office once more, now catching his breath.

“Gosh, BamBam, you shocked me!” Jessica exclaimed while holding her chest. “What is it again?”

“Kris-sunbae’s here,” BamBam reported.

Jessica stood from her chair. “Really? He came back today from Canada?”

“I don’t know, but he’s with his friends and they’re on their way to their V.I.P place,”

Jessica looked to her side and dropped herself down on the chair. “O-Okay, you may go,”

As the door closed, she quickly got her make-up kit and checked if she looks fine. She then went out of her office as soon as she felt presentable and pretty enough for Kris to stare at her.

“Sunbae,” Jessica called, and Kris turned his gaze to Jessica without any expression.

“Why?” He asked in his usual, cold tone.

Jessica got upset with the greeting but didn’t give up. She tried to keep the smile on her face and looked into Kris’ eyes. “How was your vacation in Canada?” She asked, speaking in English.

“It was fine, Jess,” Kris replied in English as well. Although his reply was plain and simple, Jessica smiled by the thought that Kris called him by her nickname. “How’s the pub?”

“Everything’s fine. I’ll send you the financial report next week. I didn’t know you’ll be back this soon so I-“ Jessica was cut off by Kris.

“It’s fine, you don’t have to rush it. You may go now,” Kris said coldly. “And tell BamBam, bring our favorite drinks here,”

“Kris-“ Jessica wanted to talk to Kris more but then Chanyeol cut her off without noticing it.

“Kris hyung, coach said that Yongguk got better in three-point shots,” Chanyeol said.

“Wait ‘til I train again,” Kris snickered. He looked to his left and saw Jessica going down the staircase. He then got a billiard cue from its rack at the side of the room. Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed.

“Sunbaes!” BamBam called. He finally served the drinks but he had some escorts with her. Three girls who wore really short shorts came.

“Just leave it there,” Kris said, pointing one of the tables in the room.

BamBam then quickly went downstairs, leaving the three girls in the room. Two of them were twins.

“OPPA I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!” The twins hugged Chanyeol. Chanyeol chuckled and wrapped his arms around the two girls. The other girl went straight to Baekhyun and hugged him.

“Your Chanyeol oppa made out with different girls in Canada, so you girls should punish that man,” Kris blurted out as he did a high-five with Baekhyun.

Chanyeol snickered. The twins hugged him tighter. “It’s okay with me, oppa! I know you did that because you’re a man!” One of the girls said.

Kris looked at the girl in disgust. “Such a foolish girl…”

“Oppa, have you thought about me when you were in Canada?” Baekhyun’s girl asked.

Baekhyun put off the girl’s arm off of him. He got one of the girl’s hands and planted a kiss on it. “Of course,”

Kris rolled his eyes. “Give them drinks and let’s just play billiards please,”

“But I missed my oppa!” The twins and Baekhyun’s girl said.

“Chanyeol, Baekhyun. Kick them out or I’ll kick the both of you out of my pub,” Kris said sternly.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun burst out in laughter. “Such a lonely man,” they both teased mockingly.

“Fine, twins, let’s end it today. I’ve been busy in Canada and I don’t want to be with you anymore because you cling on my body so much that it feels like I can’t breathe.” Chanyeol jabbered as he shoved the twin’s hands away from him. “You can slap my face if you want,”

“I thought you were serious with us!” One of the twins said. “Let’s leave him! I wish you’d feel the same way we’re feeling right now!” Both of the girls ran downstairs, crying.

“One more to go,” Kris said dancing to The Finatticz’ “Don’t Drop That Thun Thun” with his amateur dougie dance.

“DAMN, don’t do that hyung, it looks disgusting on you,” Baekhyun scoffed. He then turned to the girl who was clinging on him. “Anyways, you know what to do, babe. You can follow the twin sisters. I don’t need you anymore,” Baekhyun said and the girl slapped his cheek before leaving the V.I.P place.

“HEY GUYS!!!” Suddenly four people came, surprising the three basketball players. It was Mark, JB, Jackson and Jr.

“Damn it, Kris hyung! I told you, you should do dougie this way,” Jackson suddenly danced to the beat with dougie.

“Yeah, that’s my man, Jackson!!!” Chanyeol said in English and did a high-five with him. “How come you didn’t come to school a while ago?”

The four boys who just came in laughed.

“That sounded weird, hyung,” JB teased. “You sounded like you love school so much,”

“Shut up, JB,” Chanyeol laughed yet he threatened him as he bit his lip and showed his fist.

“Ooooooooh,” They all howled.

“But actually, it was Jackson’s idea. He said he’s declaring an official ‘post-sembreak-break’ and we thought it’s a good idea,” JB explained, making the others laugh.

“How could people be so stupid nowadays…” Kris uttered, making everyone laugh harder.

“Ya, you better treat your girls right,” Jr. said as he sat on the couch comfortably. “I saw three girls crying in front of the pub and it doesn’t look good,”

“Wow, this mom-like figure here really have sense,” Baekhyun teased and pointed Jr. with his index finger.

“For real, it doesn’t look good! It looks like they were crying because of the pub’s services!” Jr. defended and opened a beer in can. He wiped the lid and took a sip on it.

“Oh, by the way, Mark! Jackson! Have you heard? Lu Han and Kai fought?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah, Lay hyung told us a while ago, that’s why our training was cancelled,” Mark said, as he took a sip from his beer too.

“And did you know that Lu Han played soccer with Zelo? And even Jongup was there?” Baekhyun continued.

“JONGUP?!” Mark and Jackson said in unison.

Baekhyun nodded.

“Why in earth would Lu Han hyung do that?” Mark asked.

“So you’re saying he was with B.A.P?” Jackson asked and Baekhyun responded with a nod. “They hated those guys so much. They even kicked Jongup out of the team,”

“That’s why I didn’t try out in that team. I knew there’s something within Kai’s attitude… And now it seems like there’s something wrong with Lu Han’s attitude as well.” JB confessed.

***

“What do you want?” Lu Han asked as Kai’s car blocked his on his way home.

Kai grabbed Lu Han’s collar violently. “Why the heck did you bring Jongup back?! You know how he betrayed me!”

Lu Han smirked. “Let’s say it’s payback time for the things you’ve done…”

Kai got surprised as six people came outside Lu Han’s car – B.A.P.

“What the hell, Lu Han hyung?!” Kai exclaimed, knowing what will happen next.

“Hey, easy kid! We’re not going to bite you!” Yongguk said, tapping Kai’s shoulder and laughed mockingly, together with the other five members.

“What do you want?!” Kai asked with his gritted teeth.

“Kneel down in front of Jongup…” Young Jae said, glaring at Kai.

Kai laughed. “Are you kidding me?” He then earned a punch in the stomach from Him Chan, making him let go of Lu Han’s collar.

“Now, kneel!” Yongguk commanded.

“No.” Kai said coldly.

“Then that leads us to our last option – to make you kneel in front of Jongup hyung!” Zelo threatened.

Kai snickered. “Oh really? Why don’t you just tease Se Hun instead of threatening me?” Kai teased making Zelo’s anger dominate his whole being. The latter was about to punch Kai, but then Kai was able to hold his fist and avoid the punch. But unfortunately, the guy on his right, Jongup, punched him on his right external oblique, causing him to groan in pain.

“Shut up,” Jongup said and threw punches at him once more.

Lu Han had his back facing on the scene. He didn’t want to watch how B.A.P. knock Kai down little by little. Seeing his past best friend hurt because of his plan hurts him too. But there was no other way to teach a cold-hearted and closed-minded boy like him a lesson. And because of the pain Kai had given him, he could not remember their friendship anymore.

After consecutive punches, Kai’s body gave up on his urge not to fall down. His face was almost full of bruises and his nose and mouth were already bleeding.

Yongguk grasped some strands of Kai’s hair and pulled it up so Kai would look up at them. “Now, how does it feel to be this low?” Yongguk provoked and violently let go of Kai’s hair.

They all quickly went inside Lu Han’s car and Lu Han drove off.

“E-Excuse me…” A girl called behind Kai, making him turn to his back. “I-I’m sorry, I just came here when I saw some of my schoolmates in Seoul University drove off… OMO! Aren’t you the guy I bumped in a while ago in school?!”

Kai didn’t reply, like he did not hear anything. But she was, indeed, familiar.

“Anyways, are you alright?” The girl asked.

Kai glared at her. “Do I look like I am?” He asked in a sarcastic tone.

“I don’t have a first-aid kit right now but here, take my handkerchief to wipe off the blood on your nose and your face,” The girl handed the handkerchief to Kai.

Kai hesitated to get the handkerchief from the girl, making the girl let out a soft chuckle. “Don’t worry, I didn’t use that,” She reassured.

Kai carefully cleaned his face, while she stared at the girl who was observing her as he did that. Suddenly, the girl got blurry and in a blink, everything went blank.