WHAT MY HEART TELLS ME TO DO

EXO Planet: The Lost Sons and Princess

Hyein had successfully choreographed a routine for their second auditions tomorrow. After a few runs, they decided to end the practice since it was already getting late

"Ya, can you fix that poker face of yours while we're dancing?" Hyein asked as she panted from the intense dance practice they had. "I mean, remember the 'feel' of the dance, alright?" Hyein reminded while wiping her sweat with her white face towel.

Se Hun laughed. "You sound like my mom when you nag,"

"Just promise me you won't screw up!" Hyein said as she pushed her towel back to her duffel bag.

Se Hun smiled. "You talk too much," He bent closer to Hyein's ears and whispered, "Alright, baby," He quickly walked out of the room.

"What?! Ya! What 'baby'?!" Hyein got her bag and followed Se Hun. "You shouldn't call me 'baby' you know!"

"Should I call you mom instead?" Se Hun said as they both got out of the building, stopping to face Hyein.

"You enjoy teasing like this, huh?" Hyein asked and squinted her eyes.

"You're cute when you get mad," Se Hun flicked her nose. He looked at the car that parked in front of them. A man in black suit came out, bowing a nintey-degree bow at them as a greeting.

Hyein gave her bag to the man. "I don't like it when you say 'cute' to me," She then got inside her car.

Se Hun chuckled and bent lower to reach the window where Hyein was seated. He waved and gave a flying kiss teasingly. He then walked away.

"What kind of rich man walks on his way home?" Hyein asked inside the car.

"Should we take him home?" The driver asked.

"Let's ask him," Hyein said and the driver followed Se Hun.

As they reached Se Hun, Hyein quickly rolled her window down.

"Ya!" She called. "We can drive you home,"

Se Hun chuckled. "Oh, you missed me didn't you?"

"Shut up!" Hyein scowled. She bent forward to talk to the driver. "Let's just leave this man alone!"

"Yes, ma'am," The driver said and stepped on the accelerator for them to move.

 

Se Hun continued to walk on his way home. He always loved how the wind brushes onto his skin, relaxing him. Especially after the car accident when he was young - he was the only one who survived after his kidnappers' car almost fell on the cliff. He couldn't trust any drivers. Yet he could trust himself, and the cold wind's embrace at night.

As he reached the pedestrian lane, he waited for the green light so he could cross the street. He looked sideways, watching as different cars pass by the street. He looked across the street, and saw a girl who also waited in front of the pedestrian lane. It was when the green light gleamed when he realized she was wearing Seoul University's uniform. He finally made his way on the pedestrian lane.

A loud horn could be heard from their side. He looked where the sound came from and saw a truck speeding up in the street.

It's not stopping.

Se Hun looked at the girl in front of him. One moment, the truck was inches away from her. He ran as fast as he could, as if he could push her away from the truck.

"WATCH OUT!" He screamed and lifted his hands, as the truck's bumper was centimeters away from touching her.

 

Jino was waiting as the lights blinded her. It did not occur to her that she would die, but astonishment came to her when she saw the truck near her.

It was centimeters away from her.

And she could hear someone shouting, but the sound was muffled in her ears.

It was almost too late.

She fell on the ground as soon as something pushed her towards the ground. She winced in pain, closing her eyes.

Was that how it felt?
Was that the truck?

She opened her eyes to see what's happening. The guy pushed her to the ground and something around his arm was glowing as the truck flew away from them.

 

Se Hun reached the girl and quickly pushed her towards the ground. Everything happened so fast. He thought at that moment, his life would end. Until he felt the wind blew on his arm strongly. He felt it through his fingertips, as if it came out of them.

He closed his eyes, waiting for the truck to crush him.

But it didn't. He was still breathing, and the headlight of the truck was gone.

As he opened his eyes, he saw the truck had rolled to its side. His eyes grew wide. Who did this? Was it the wind he felt?

He panted, as if he came from an intense training, just like a while ago. He looked at the girl that she pushed on the ground, crying in pain and holding her arms.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Y-You pushed it away?" Jino asked, her face already pale from the overwhelming events.

"What?" Se Hun asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "No, of course not. I know you're stunned with what happened tonight that we both almost died, but I also don't know what happened," He held Jino's arms to help her stand up but she quickly cried in pain.

"I'm sorry... I wish I am okay but I think I fell on my arm a while ago and it really hurts,"

"We should bring you to the hospital. I'll call the ambulance, especially for the truck drivers. Can you still walk? I think I can carry you," Se Hun asked anxiously.

"Y-Your nose is bleeding, you have to go to the hospital too," Jino said. She searched something inside her pocket with her other hand that was not affected and brought out a white handkerchief, passing it to Se Hun. "Here,"

Se Hun accepted the handkerchief and wiped the blood dripping from his nose. "Thanks,"

"You look tired. I'll try to stand up by myself. We should cross the street as soon as possible. We're causing a commotion," But there weren't any cars at that time.

"Okay, if you can stand," Se Hun said and stood, holding Jino's hand gently to help her stand up.

"Thanks a lot," Jino said as she stood up.

"I'll bring you to the hospital," Se Hun said, calling the ambulance to help them and the truck drivers for rescue.

"I saw what happened earlier," Jino said carefully.

"What do you mean?"

"You might not believe me but I really saw you did that to the truck. I don't know how you pushed it away but it just rolled to its side just like that,"

"You sure you did not hit your head when you fell on the ground?" Se Hun asked. "This is not Twilight. I'm not a vampire or some mythical creature, okay?"

Jino sighed. "I know it's hard to believe me right now. But one day, when everything's confusing, I'm always around the school to help. I'm Lee Jino,"

Se Hun snickered. "I won't be needing it. You're the one who's confused!"

 

"Jino, what took you so lo-? OMO! Jino, what happened to your arm?!" Hyori asked hysterically as Jino came in their house.

"I..." Jino hesitated to tell her mom what happened. "I accidentally fell on my arm, and it has some mild fracture. But you don't have to worry about the expenses; some guy from our school helped me pay for it and told me it's okay if I could pay it little by little until this month,"

"I shouldn't have let you work. It's only causing you trouble," Hyori held her arm gently, examining the arm sling and covering Jino's arm.

"Eomma, don't feel bad about it. It's just me being careless," Jino gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm learning a lot from it,"

 

Se Hun walked to his room quietly, trying not to wake his mother up.

"Se Hun!" But as he was expecting, she was always waiting for him. "You're finally home!"

Se Hun sighed. "I always am. Look, eomma, I've said it a million times before. I won't run away from home," He held her hands, trying to convince her.

"But you did. That's why you got kidnapped!" Her mom said hysterically. "Se Hun, please! Please stop getting rid of your driver. He's not the same person who kidnapped you!"

Se Hun took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Eomma, I can handle myself. I am not the stupid preschooler kid who could not fight back,"

She suddenly slapped Se Hun's cheek. The pain did not surprise Se Hun anymore. His mother slaps his face every single time he tries to explain. It only hurts his heart, like he did the worst thing any child can do. He only ran away from home when his parents kept on arguing something that he couldn't even understand at the age of four.

"You don't have the right to speak like that to me! I'm still your mom!"

"Being your son is like being a prisoner!" Se Hun scowled.

"Enough!" A man shouted, halting the two from their argument. It was Se Hun's dad, the president of CJ&M Entertainment. "Se Hun, why are you late?"

Se Hun sighed. "Training,"

"Se Hun," His dad patted his shoulder. "I raised you to become the CEO of an entertainment company, not one of its employees!" He sighed, as if trying to keep himself calm. "Se Hun, look. I don't want you to-"

"I want my own future," Se Hun said sternly. "And eomma, please, help me grow up,"

"We only want what's best for you..." Her mom sobbed, as tears fell from her eyes.

"Then what you're doing right now does not make any sense at all!" Se Hun objected and walked to his room. He closed the door forcefully and locked himself in the room.

He took his shirt off, throwing it on the floor aggressively. He then plopped himself down on his bed, taking in a deep breath. He felt himself tired physically, emotionally and not to forget, mentally by what had happened throughout his day.

Training. The truck accident. The wind from his arms. His parents imprisoning care.

Suddenly, a butterfly came in his room. He watched it as its colorful wings gracefully flapped and roamed around his room, as if it was looking for something. He sat up on his bed and held his index finger up, waiting for the butterfly to land on it.

And it did.

It was beautiful, having different colors that were painted elegantly on its thin wings. Its thin black edges glimmered with silver and gold glitters. As it continued to gracefully flap its wings while it stood on his finger, a sudden gush of wind entered his room, sending shivers all over his body.

His eyebrows furrowed and he glanced around his room. He could hear the gentle, whooshing sound of the wind clearly. He closed his eyes, and suddenly he could inhale the scent of the butterfly and could hear every rhythm coming from the butterfly's flapping of its wings.

"You saved her," A voice spoke and cool wind brushed from his finger where the butterfly sat, sending shivers throughout his arm. He opened his eyes, searching where the voice came from.

"Who are you? Where are you?" Se Hun asked, terrified from what he's hearing.

"Why don't you believe her?" The voice spoke again and another cool gush of wind encircled his feet.

He looked at the butterfly on his finger, examining it carefully. He then shoved it away, causing it to fly away but not further from him.

"She's the princess, Se Hun! Believe her! If you want some answers, follow her! You are capable of controlling the wind. You are the Wind Element holder. And there's no more time for you to think about it. Didn't you feel the force of the wind on your fingertips when you were almost hit by the truck?"

"No, this is impossible. You're a butterfly!" Se Hun quickly threw his body on the bed and hid his face under the pillow. Had he gone crazy?

 

Morning came. Jino walked to her classroom and as one of her usual morning routines: a sleeping Kai greeted her. She ignored him, knowing that their conversation always led them to a hurtful, "I don't want to be friends with you" from Kai.

She then took a notebook and a pen from her bag, glad that she saved her right hand from the incident last night. Out of boredom, she drew doodles on the last page of her notebook.

First encounter: A man saving her from the pool; the Water Element.

Second encounter: A man saving her from an extremely high wall; the Flight Element.

Third encounter: Seeing a dragon behind a man's back who was the same man in her second encounter; Dragon?

Fourth encounter: Saved by a beam of light from a man's eyes; the Light Element.

Fifth encounter: Last night, a man saving her from the truck, shoving it away; what element was it?

And how many dangers does she have to face before seeing them all? Why does these things matter to her? Do they make sense at all?

"What happened to you?" Kai's voice suddenly distracted her from drawing.

"Oh, good morning!" Jino chuckled. Kai's eyes were swollen from his deep sleep and she found it... cute. She brushed these thoughts off her head, quick enough to answer Kai's question. He looked horrified with her arm sling. "Oh, this? I sort of uhm... fell on it so I had a mild fracture,"

"Really? It must be really bad," Kai said and went closer to look at the cast surrounding her arm. "The thing that I hate the most is to get this kind of injury because I might not be able to dance with this..." He mumbled as he carefully held the arm sling.

Jino watched him and couldn't help herself but to smile. She always wondered how it would be like to be comfortably talking to him.

"Oh? You must be auditioning in the Arts Club..." Kai said, suddenly his expression became curious.

"Huh?"

"You drew all these things in one page! Heck! I didn't know you were that artistic!" Kai exclaimed as he suddenly turned his attention to Jino's doodle.

Jino looked at her own drawing, seeing nothing special to it. It was only her thoughts in different figures. "Thanks, but.... I won't join,"

"Why not?"

Jino looked at Kai's eyes. She was confused with his sudden bright attitude. She couldn't believe this morning, like all of a sudden, she is having this kind of conversation with Kai as if they were so close.

"I-Is there something wrong? With the Arts Club?" Kai asked carefully, looking directly into Jino's eyes.

There was nothing wrong.... but it's Kai.

The man who never wanted to be friends with her. The man who always rejected her.

She watched him as he admired her drawing and smiled at him. "You're in a good mood today. I guess you've had a good sleep,"

"What? Me?" Kai asked, pointing himself. "Ya! I was just saying-"

Jino rolled her eyes and chuckled. "You're so weird,"

"Weird? You're calling me weird? Really?" Kai asked, eyes growing wider in shock.

"Why am I the first one who called you weird?"

Kai snickered and crossed his arms, leaning back to his seat. Jino chuckled, as if she was playing with a grade school student. She looked back at her drawing, thinking if it was really good for her to join the Arts Club.

"But Jino..." Kai suddenly called her name, and an unfamiliar excitement rushed in her chest. It was very rare, that she was expecting that he would tell her a very important message.

Or will he just say, "We shouldn't be friends," again?

Jino looked at Kai, anticipating what made him call her name.

"Please don't be friends with Baek Ah," Kai said, his eyes looked pleading.

Jino felt relieved that it wasn't the sentence she was thinking of. On the other side, she felt worried about what Kai just told her. What's with Baek Ah that everyone else hates her?

"Why? She told me she's trying to change. Why not give her a chance?" Jino asked, defending Baek Ah.

"Because it's not worth your time and people never change. That's how they were born,"

Jino sighed. "I knew I'd have another argument with you," she mumbled softly so that Kai won't hear.

"I'm sorry. But you just need to know who you should be friends with,"

Jino snickered. "And you'll be the one who will judge whom I can go with? Just like how you push me away?"

"Jino, I have issues in school, can't you see that?" Kai stood from his chair. "Same goes with Baek Ah! You have to be aware of these things for you to graduate here without having to be involved with these messed up school life,"

Kai walked out of the classroom, leaving Jino alone. She felt scared being alone but as she looked at her watch, she knew that her classmates would one by one fill the empty classroom.

She couldn't understand but she felt more terrified with Kai being angry with her. He could be friendly but once he gets pissed, he'd be really intimidating.

But it was the first time for him to say the words "I'm sorry".

"Ya," Kai suddenly came back, making Jino almost jump off her seat in shock. "Aren't you scared?"

"Of what?" Jino asked.

"I thought you were scared being alone? Why aren't you following me?"

It suddenly made Jino chuckle while Kai looked at her in wonder. She looked at her watch and replied, "Oh, maybe because Do Kyungsoo's coming. See, he's already behind you,"

D.O. waved at Kai and Jino with a bright smile. "Hi Jong In! Hi Jino!"

"Oh," Kai said and walked away from the two. "Why do I even bother if she gets scared of being alone?!" He mumbled.

On the other hand, D.O. ran toward Jino after realizing that she got injured. "What happened to you?"

"I fell from it and got a mild fracture," Jino pouted.

"Aigoo, you should have been more care- OMONA. That. Is. A. Masterpiece." D.O.'s big eyes grew wider when he saw Jino's drawing. "You should join the Arts Club!"

"They're just doodles, Kyungsoo,"

"If those are just doodles, what more can you do if you really drew something for the Arts Club auditions! Why don't you try?" D.O. asked as he sat on the chair beside Jino.

"Oh, I don't think I have the confidence to show these drawings. Besides, I wasn't planning to join anyway... I mean, I'm not prepared," Jino looked on the ground and played with her fingers, hiding her embarrassment.

D.O. snickered and got Jino's notebook, showing the page where she drew to her. "Look at me, Jino. This is not prepared? The scenes here look so real, I don't even know if you're being sarcastic at me!"

Jino chuckled. "I have no time for that Kyung Soo. I have a part-time job, remember?"

"Oh, that..." D.O. frowned, like it was important for him too. "I wish there could be a way. These drawings are really good, it's a waste if you can't join,"

"It's fine, Kyung Soo. I only draw when I feel like it. So, it's not really a waste," Jino said and patted his shoulder.

"Speaking of auditions, I'm really excited today!" D.O. said and clapped his hands.

"Why?"

"Today's also our audition day for the students who are interested to join our club! I'm so excited to meet new members!" D.O. clapped in joy.

"Oh, can I watch the auditions?" Jino asked.

"Of course!" D.O. said.

"Jino-yaaaa!!!" A familiar voice squealed. It was Baek Ah, running towards them in excitement. "D.O. annyeong!"

D.O. tried to fake a smile. "Uhm... Hi..."

Jino chuckled. "You look so excited today, huh?"

"Today is my real audition day! I will show that seatmate of yours that girls can do hiphop too!" Baek Ah said her hands on her hips. "Aren't you guys going to wish me luck? I thought you were my friends!"

"Oh, yeah! I was just about to say that, right Kyung Soo?" Jino said, also faking her smile now so that Baek Ah wouldn't worry.

"Y-Yes, that's right! G-Good luck!" D.O. quickly said and raised a fist up.

"Good luck!" Jino cheered.

"That's better! I feel more excited!" Baek Ah chuckled.

 

"You have to be careful. Accidents... You'll never know when they could happen," Jino could clearly remember Tao's warning. Did he know what was about to happen? Did he know that the truck almost crushed her to death? Is it possible that he can see things that are about to happen, the future?

She suddenly stood from her seat because of her sudden realization. She had to ask Tao. She had to ask her if he really saw the future. She had too...

"Jino-sshi?" Her science teacher's gentle voice suddenly woke her up from reality. She was in a class, how could she just stand up like that? "Do you have something to say?"

Jino blushed as she saw her classmates' mocking stares at her. "I-I'm sorry, I thought you called me..." It was the best alibi she could make.

The class laughed and from her peripheral vision, she could even see Kai let out a soft snicker. The teacher was in the middle of defining the difference between astrology and astronomy, when she suddenly stood. So it seems like her best alibi gave the worst scenario.

The Science teacher named Onew, smiled at her. "Jino-sshi, if you're drifting away from class, you can share it to us. After all, sharing your ideas will help us discover new things. And discovering new things can contribute to Science, right class?"

"Yes!" The whole class howled.

Jino bowed a ninety-degree bow, "I-I'm so sorry saem... But I have nothing to share," Well, how could she share that she was thinking about Tao? How could she tell Onew that her mind's clouded up with the accidents happening to her and EXO Planet?

"Oh come on, of course you do!" Onew smiled at her as he put his chalk on the chalk ledge. He crossed his arms and fixed his eyeglasses on the bridge of his nose, leveling it with his eyes.

"Omo, Onew-saem is such a hot geek," Jinra uttered in wonder enough for Jino to hear, as if butterflies were around her head as she looked at the Science teacher.

"Very well?" Onew continued to interrogate Jino.

"I-I just think you're a... uhm... a hot... NO! I mean, cool guy... I mean geek... I mean..." It was too late for Jino to clarify what she was going to say because the students burst out laughing. As she looked around, D.O.'s eyes were wider than it already was. Kai and Jackson's mouth were literally hung open. Jinra and Boram looked the same way as Kai and Jackson. Then everyone was laughing so hard.

She then sighed and bowed another ninety-degree bow to apologize. Well, she thinks that Onew is really handsome for a science teacher, but she didn't mean it when she said the word 'hot'. Jinra's words just suddenly came into her mind when she panicked out of nervousness from the interrogation.

Onew cleared his throat to get the attention of the students. "Let's have Jino continue what she's thinking of,"

"N-No! I said it out of nervousness because I just heard a friend of mine whisper it," Jino gave a look at Jinra while Jinra gave a V-sign to her.

"How did you hear your friend if she was whispering? Did you read her mind?" He chuckled as he removed his eyeglasses. Jino could even hear Jinra let out a soft squeal. "Jino, I wasn't asking about your friend's thoughts. I was asking yours,"

"I-I... think this subject is really interesting," Jino gave an alibi.

"Really?" He suddenly asked with a stern look. "Of course, it is. It was so interesting to you that you even drifted away from class. What were you thinking of other than this interesting subject?" Onew asked, sarcastically.

Jino sighed. "I-I'm really sorry sonsaengni-"

"Could you just proceed to the discussion?" Kai suddenly stood, cutting Jino off. "This does not make any sense to your interesting subject, saem. It's getting boring,"

Onew stared at him for a moment. The class' attention turned to Kai. Meanwhile, Jackson tried to stop him by whispering: "Get a grip, man!"

"Oh, and this interesting subject of yours is really boring too," Kai added, looking directly at Onew's eyes.

"Is he serious? He's going to do this to Onew saem?" Jinra asked her seatmate, Boram.

"Detention, Jong In-sshi..." Onew eyed Kai and suddenly turned his gaze to Jino. "You too, Jino-sshi,"

"W-Wait, what?" Kai asked brushing his hair quickly in confusion. "Why am I with her? Shouldn't I be the only one in detention?"

Jino looked at Kai in astonishment.

Is he nuts? He wants to go to detention for what?

"It's because I'd like you to conduct a mini-study for your detention,"

"What?!" Jino and Kai said in unison.

"So are you willing to do it by yourself, Kai?" Onew raised an eyebrow up.

"Of course not!" Kai scoffed and sat back on his chair.

D.O. suddenly stood and raised his hand. "I'm volunteering to work with them too, saem!"

Onew chuckled. "Do Kyung Soo, I said it's a detention, not a volunteer work,"

D.O.'s eyebrows furrowed. Jino on the other hand looked at him in awe while Kai just rolled his eyes.

"Th-Then, I also admit that this class is boring!" D.O. said, making the whole class laugh. "Put me in detention too, sonsaengnim!"

"What are you doing-" Jino was murmuring to Kyungsoo.

"Alright then. You'll be in detention," Onew nodded with a sly smile on his face.

"Saem!" Jinra suddenly called and stood. "We're also not interested in your class! So please put us in detention too!"

"What do you mean by 'us'?" Onew asked, seeing Jinra's the only one who stood from her seat.

Jinra pointed to Boram. "Boram and I, together with Jino, hate your subject,"

"What?!" Jino and Boram asked in unison but Jinra replied to them with an I'll-explain-to-you-later look.

Onew chuckled and scratched his head, finding words to say.

"Saem," Suddenly Jackson stood. "You know how much I love you, but I love my friend Kai and I love his ideas... which includes his idea of your class being boring. Astrology? They don't make any sense-"

"Fine, I'll put the five of you in detention. But I'm telling you, this is not just some simple research study. Class dismissed!" Onew suddenly walked out of the classroom, just in time when after a few seconds, the bell rang, signaling for break time.

"Oh my, it feels good to be a badass students sometimes," D.O. chuckled to himself.

"Ya, what were you thinking?!" Jino asked. "Why did you do that?"

"I don't want my friend to get stressed. And since I really like his subject, I might be able to contribute to that," D.O. smiled with excitement written all over his face. "Trust me on this, okay?"

Kai suddenly stood from his chair, catching glances from the class. He then walked out of the classroom, avoiding the classroom's attention.

"He'll surely not help," D.O. pointed to Kai.

"Ya!" Suddenly Boram pulled Jinra's hair. "Why did you say that to Onew-saem! I definitely love his class!"

Jinra chuckled. "If you won't be here with us, no one will help Jino! This is real friendship, being together through the ups and downs. And Jino, you can thank me later," Jinra said and winked to Jino.

"Y-You're really doing this for me?" Jino asked, touched by her sweet friends yet feeling bad at the same time for putting the situation like this.

"But Jackson, tell me honestly why did you join?" Jinra asked, crossing her arms on her chest.

He shrugged with a small grin. "I just feel like it's going to be fun,"

"Your friend apparently doesn't seem to see it as fun as you do," Jino butted in, looking at the empty seat beside her.

Jackson chuckled. "You totally don't know him then! Don't be surprised about him seeing Science as boring because our Kim Jong In is always uninterested! The only thing that I could see he's interested with is dancing... Or maybe Yejin, but they broke up so he's only interested with dancing... So if ever he gets to ask things about you or talk about something for long, you're one lucky girl!"

Jino remembered Kai's questions just this morning. She quickly stood from her chair and ran outside the classroom.

"What's gotten into her? Jinra asked.

"I don't know," Jackson shrugged while looking at the door where Jino left the room. "Have I said something inappropriate?"

 

Jino on the other hand ran as fast as she can to look for Kai. Although the doctor told her not to involve herself from strenuous activities, she could not care. All she thinks is that Kai might be trying to be friends with her now. She could not understand why she's running for him, but all she wanted to do, as of the moment, was to answer his simple questions. Until she bumped on to someone, hitting her injured arm hard.

She groaned in pain and felt tears forming on her eyes. The guy who bumped her quickly knelt on the ground and held her shoulders.

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking! Do you need me to take you to the clinic?" The guy asked.

Jino looked at the guy in the eyes. He was with bright complexion and he did not looked Korean. Even his Korean still sounded awkward. And he looked so tensed and worried for what he did to her.

"I-I'm fine, you just really bumped onto it hard," Jino said and tried to smile reassuringly although she could still feel the throbbing pain on her arm.

"Are you sure?" He asked and held the injured arm. "It looks bad and I'd feel bad if I would just let you go without bringing you to the clinic,"

Suddenly, Jino could feel a soothing wind wrap around her injured arm. It felt cold, but it did not hurt her. It was very comforting, as if something was massaging her bones.

"I..." Jino's eyes grew wide. "I feel... better,"

"Really?" The guy smiled widely, a dimple showing on his right cheek. "Then, I'll just help you stand up," He offered a hand out and Jino took it with her uninjured arm.

"T-Thanks," Jino said.

"I hope your arms gets better. See you around,"

Jino was too flustered that she could not even blink her eyes. What was the thing she felt? She tried to stretch her injured arm out, and she could do it without feeling any pain at all.

Was he the guy Baekhyun was talking about?

"Ya!" Someone suddenly called her attention at her back. As she turned, she saw Kai. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," Jino suddenly felt blood rush to her cheeks when she realized what she just said. "I-I mean... I have something to tell you,"

"What, did you just realize that you like me?" Kai mischievously asked.

Jino's eyes grew wide. "What? Of course not,"

Kai chuckled. "Then what is it?"

"I... uhm... I didn't want to join the Arts Club because I think I'm not prepared for it," Jino said, looking directly at Kai's eyes.

Kai scoffed. "So?"

"Weren't you curious a while ago?" Jino asked.

Kai quickly took his eyes off of Jino. "I wasn't,"

Jino chuckled. "You know you wouldn't ask it a while ago if you weren't,"

Kai looked at her directly in the eyes. He always thought she would be a good friend. And he could not understand what stops him to get close to her. B.A.P.'s not bothering him anymore. What else would be the risks of befriending a new student?

"Kai?" Someone behind them asked. A voice he really missed.

As their heads turned to where it came from, they saw Yejin walking towards them.

"Are you friends with her?" Yejin asked. "This idiotic girl who always caused trouble on my things?"

Maybe she was the one stopping him from getting close to Jino.

Maybe it was Yejin, his suspicious, sensitive ex-girlfriend.

"I'm never his friend," Jino quickly answered.

"Never his friend? Oh does that mean you're on the flirtationship stage?" Yejin asked and crossed her arms.

"Yejin, stop," Kai said. "She's just a classmate,"

"Better not be going out with that girl, Kai. Just look at what I found out about her," Yejin showed something from her phone. "Some little innocent-looking waitress hitting on the two biggest chaebols of our school,"

"What?!" Jino asked and quickly snatched Yejin's cellphone from Kai's hand.

And there, she saw a news headline saying: "Work Hard Ladies, This Waitress from Seoul University Just Hit the Jackpot Two Times in A Row!" And there's a picture of her talking with Kris and Baekhyun. It seems like it was the time when they were in the coffee shop to talk about how Baekhyun met Lay. The first picture was when she hugged Baekhyun, and the second picture was when Kris pulled her out of the coffee shop for her to work back to the pub.

"We were just talking..." Jino muttered.

"Oh yeah? Then maybe that explains why Kris oppa doesn't seem to hang out with Baekhyun oppa anymore after he got blind," Yejin smiled slyly. "You're one dangerous girl, aren't you? You don't only cause trouble on expensive things, you also cause trouble on expensive men,"

"Shut up, Yejin." Kai suddenly butted in. "You sound so cheap to label men that way,"

"W-What?" Yejin's eyes grew wide. "Kai, don't you understand the situation here? That girl's ruining someone's friendship! She deserves to be called cheap!"

"And what about Lu Han and me? Haven't you done the same thing?" Kai asked.

Yejin felt tears forming in her eyes. "It wasn't my fault! You were always insecure-"

"Just stop it, Yejin. Everything about us is ruined. She doesn't have to hear it. It's just about us and she's out of it,"

Yejin sighed. She turned her heels around and walked away.

"I'm sorry about that..." Jino said and bit her lip.

"It wasn't you, it was her. She came here and did it to herself," Kai replied.

"And I wasn't dating those guys!" Jino defended.

"You really think I care about that? I wasn't asking," Kai said and patted Jino's hair, walking away from her.

"Please don't tell anybody," Jino said. "Because we're not dating,"

"Jino, I'm going to tell you something," He walked back towards Jino. "Didn't I tell you to choose who to be friends with? Look, I may not tell people that I've seen that article, but they're famous Jino. This will spread and we cannot control it from spreading even if you're going to defend yourself to me hundreds of times,"

Jino sighed. Kai was right, media's out of control from a poor girl like her. "What should I do now?" She asked, more to herself than to Kai.

"Stay away from people like me, Kris hyung or Baekhyun hyung. Choose the right friends. You can't be friends with me, you'll just be in trouble now that Yejin knows you," Kai quickly walked away.

Jino sighed as Kai left her without words to say.

"Jino-ya!!!" Baek Ah suddenly came running towards Jino. "I'm so sorry about the detention," She pouted and hugged Jino.

Jino's eyes grew wide in surprise from the sudden gesture, but she hugged Baek Ah back. Meanwhile, Jinra and Boram came and gave out a snicker as soon as they reached Baek Ah.

"I admit the fact that I'm not strong enough to do what D.O. and the others did," Baek Ah then released Jino. "Will I still be your friend?"

"O-Of course! That's nothing serious," Jino said, but in her mind, she could hear Kai's warning: "Please don't be friends with Baek Ah..."

"Okay then!" Baek Ah beamed and clasped her arm around Jino's arm. "Let's go now!" She then pulled Jino but then she noticed Boram and Jinra just staring at them. "Why aren't they following?"

Jino sighed and pushed Baek Ah's hand away from hers. "I need to see Su Ho oppa, I'm sorry,"

"Oh my gosh!" Jinra and Boram squealed.

"Jino, answer us honestly," Jinra said, giving her a suspicious look. "Are you dating Su Ho oppa?"

"No, of course not. I'm just going to ask him something," Jino said sternly.

"Sure," Jinra said with a cheeky smile. "Have fun!"

"Listen, I'm not dating anyone, okay? When you're talking to a boy, it doesn't mean that you're dating. Boys and girls can be friends too, you know," Jino defended and walked away.

"Y-Ya! I was just kidding!" Jinra tried to catch her, but she walked too fast as if she was not in the mood to talk about it.

"Didn't you guys know? There's an issue about her dating two guys at the same time. You should be a little sensitive at least," Baek Ah said.

"What do you mean?" Boram asked.

"She's in a news article," Baek Ah replied. "Rumors say she's dating my oppa and Kris oppa at the same time. And I don't believe it, of course! It's Lee Jino, she won't do something like-"

Jinra suddenly held Baek Ah's collar. Boram tried to push Jinra away from Baek Ah, but it was no use. "What have you done?"

"I didn't do anything! I just found it on the internet this afternoon!" Baek Ah said.

"How am I supposed to trust you?" Jinra asked.

"I know I've done ridiculous things back in grade school..." Baek Ah looked at them in the eyes. "But I want to change that!"

Jinra released her collar and crossed her arms. "I'm not convinced Baek Ah. Try to practice your lines at home,"

"I'm not lying! I'm sincere!" Baek Ah defended.

"Look, you've done things that would be to hard for us to change. You made fun of my lunchbox because it looked really old but you didn't know it was a gift from my grandfather; and you revealed Boram's feelings for Min Seok sunbae. And now, in turn, I want you to fell regret. I want you to regret what you've done, that it will disturb your whole existence forever," Jinra spat out the words she kept for years that Baek Ah ran away from Seoul, where she left the things messed up, without even trying to fix them.

"Jinra..." Boram held Jinra's shoulder to calm her down.

"It's okay Boram. Let's just go," Jinra said and walked towards the staircase.

Boram's eyes furrowed as she remembered the past. "I'm sorry, Baek Ah... But I guess some things never change," She then followed Jinra towards the staircase.

Baek Ah felt the heat around her eyes and before she knows it, a tear fell on her cheek. She watched as the noisy hallways got empty and felt alone. Her knees trembled as the tears kept on flowing down to her cheeks, and she sat down to one of the stairs. She covered her face on her knees, feeling embarrassed of herself.

"Excuse me?" Someone suddenly tapped her shoulder.

"Don't talk to me," Baek Ah sobbed and shoved the finger away.

"But you're not allowed to stay here during the break. Students must be at the cafeteria or library, or somewhere else but not here. Or else they might think you're stealing things," The guy kept on trying to stop her from crying.

She sniffed and wiped her tears away. She looked up to the man, only to see Mark. He sat at the same step to reach Baek Ah and took out a handkerchief from his pocket. He wiped away the tears from her cheeks quickly.

"Why were you crying?" He asked.

Baek Ah stopped crying and looked at Mark's eyes while he continued to wipe her tears away. Somehow, Mark's presence managed to keep herself from thinking about the past.

"There, you're beautiful again," Mark smiled at her as he finished wiping all her tears away.

Baek Ah felt blood rush to her cheeks when she heard him say the word 'beautiful'. "Beautiful?" she asked, as if trying to confirm if she heard him right.

Mark offered a hand to help her stand up. "We should go downstairs before a teacher sees us here,"

Baek Ah nodded. "Thanks, Mark,"

Mark tapped her head. "Anytime,"

 

Meanwhile, at the student council's office...

"What?! You guys and B.A.P.? What's wrong with you?" Su Ho asked, standing up from his seat. "And you, Him Chan! You're the Vice President of the Student Council! How could the principal forgive this issue?!"

"Well, you don't have to report us, we'll take care of this on our own," Him Chan explained.

"Take care of this?" Su Ho asked. B.A.P. and the other seven boys in the room nodded. "Through brawls? No way! That's impossible!"

"But your brother is one of the members of BTS! You can't just report-" Zelo was interrupted when the door opened.

It was Jino. fell open when she saw B.A.P. again with bruises all over their faces, nose and mouth bleeding. And worse, V, the innocent waiter V she met in the pub where she was working was one of the boys standing at the other side of the room, with six another group of six boys. They were full of bruises too and half of V's face was almost unrecognizable.

"Jino?! What happened to your arm?" Su Ho asked.

"I'll tell you later and I-I'm so sorry, I should have knocked on the door before-" Jino pointed to the door while trying to explain awkwardly.

"No, it's alright. Baekhyun's here as well." Su Ho pointed to a couch behind where B.A.P. was standing. Baekhyun was still wearing his sunglasses, still pretending to be blind while on a lollipop. "I just have to take care of these punks for a moment," Su Ho added.

Jino walked carefully towards Baekhyun and sat beside him.

"Hey princess," Baekhyun greeted, without looking at her. He seems to be absorbed in acting as a blind person and it was convincing. "We're on the news,"

"Shut up. Stop calling me princess," Jino said. "Do you know what's happening here?"

"Ooh, you're avoiding the rumors coolly. That's very professional of you," Baekhyun teased but Jino gave him a look. He chuckled and patted Jino's head. "Don't worry. I've already cleared that out through our company's representative. I'm sure Kris is also working on it."

"Thanks. I'm sorry I've caused you trouble," Jino smiled. "So what's going on here?"

"It's not much of a trouble, I'm so used to being linked with girls. Classic playboy chaebol you got here," Baekhyun bragged earning a whack from Jino. "Ouch! Anyways, B.A.P. and BTS just had a fight because of a girl," Baekhyun said and looked at his cherry-flavored lollipop. "This tastes good. My admirer picked a really good flavor,"

Jino's eyes furrowed, thinking that BTS was probably the group of guys with V. But is he really with them?

"What do you mean?" Jino asked.

"Apparently it was BTS' maknae's girlfriend, Lee Soo Young," Baekhyun said.

"Lee Soo Young?" The name was familiar to her ears, until she recognized the terribly beaten up guy next to V - Jungkook.

"Yoo Young Jae only sang to Soo Young," Baekhyun chuckled and he said it too loud, earning glares from the two groups.

"Baekhyun oppa, I think you should shut up," Jino whispered, trying to pretend that Baekhyun doesn't see the glares they gave him.

"What?" Baekhyun asked, seeing the glares he earned. "They're funny. It's like fighting over a lollipop," He continued laughing.

"Soo Young is not a lollipop to me," Jungkook said sternly and almost walked towards Baekhyun, but Jimin stopped him immediately.

Baekhyun kept on laughing. "Whoever you are, you're an idiot. I didn't say she was like a lollipop,"

"Stay out of this or you'll be dead!" Yongguk warned. Jino looked on the ground to avoid eye contact, feeling nervous being around B.A.P. who almost killed her in the pool.

Su Ho cleared his throat. "Ya, I'm still here," He reminded and the guys' attention diverted to him quickly.

"Oooh, creepy," Baekhyun mocked.

"Baekhyun oppa, stop it." Jino tapped his back.

"What? It's fun," Baekhyun crossed his arms as he let out soft chuckles.

"I don't care if my brother's involved. But I have to report this to the principal to stop you. You will be facing proper disciplinary actions as punishment," Su Ho stated.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Jin suddenly held Su Ho's collar while Suga held his arms to stop him. "I won't forgive you!"

"You never did, Seok Jin," Su Ho sighed and looked down on the ground.

Jin pushed Su Ho violently and released his collar. He then stormed out of the room and V followed him in worry, until the rest of the members of BTS followed too.

"I'm really not sure about this but... Him Chan's position in the student council might be affected..." Su Ho said as he loosened his necktie.

B.A.P. looked at Him Chan, who was already clenching his fists.

"...to the point of losing it," Su Ho once again let out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry, buddy,"

"No you're not! You'll pay for-" Zelo almost grabbed Su Ho's collar, but Him Chan caught him.

"No one's going to touch him. I'll break your bones if you did. Let's just get this over with ourselves," Him Chan said and walked out of the room. The others followed him.

"I-I never knew V was also a bully," Jino muttered.

"Bully?" Baekhyun pulled his Rayban sunglasses off. "They're not a group of bullies, Jino. They're just like a group of hooligans or troublemakers. It's like whoever does something to their friends or whoever gets in their way shall beware of them. But they aren't bullies. They're just depending on their friends a lot,"

"Why? I mean, don't they think these fights are immature?" Jino asked.

"Because they only have their friends for support and they think that their families are of either no help or just another bunch of sack for them to carry," Su Ho butted in.

"I didn't know you had a younger brother," Jino said.

"He's not my real brother but I grew up thinking he was. So I loved him like he was my real brother," Su Ho said.

"Well, I grew up knowing that Baek Ah's not my real sister and we're only both adopted but I loved her like she was my real sister and my parents like they're my real parents. Maybe we were used to being with them so we get so attached with them,"

Su Ho looked at Baekhyun for a moment and nodded. "You're right. Maybe,"

"Wait what? You're not living in your real families?!" Jino asked in shock.

"Shh! That's a secret! No one else can know!" Baekhyun and Su Ho said in unison.

"Even Baek Ah doesn't know that she's not a real Byun. And she doesn't know that I'm not a real Byun too," Baekhyun said. "My mom was infertile, so she can't have a baby... So they had to adopt. You see, I've been trusting you a lot more than I trusted my very first friends, Kris hyung and Chanyeol. One of the reasons why I'm trying to help you out in finding who the other members are is because I'm hoping to see my real parents,"

"Why aren't you telling Baek Ah about it?" Jino asked.

"She's sensitive. You can even see it in her personality. She may seem like she's a strong lady but she's weak and vulnerable. She even left Seoul to run away from all the problems she couldn't face here,"

"We should move fast. We need to see the others as soon as possible. What if our families right now are not our real families? What if they are in the different planet?" Jino said.

"Anyways, what happened to your arm, Jino?" Su Ho asked.

"Last night, a guy saved me from a truck... A guy named Oh Se Hun,"

"Is this Twilight or something?" Baekhyun jested but Su Ho nudged him. "S-Sorry, I was just trying to lift the mood,"

Su Ho pushed Baekhyun's nape, making him groan in pain.

"Ya! Just because you're the leader doesn't mean you can be violent around me! I'm still Byun Baekhyun, the heir of the legendary Byun family!" Baekhyun shoved Su Ho's hand away.

Jino chuckled. How she wished she could gather all twelve of them together.

"But what did you see?" Su Ho asked.

Jino pulled a paper from her pocket. It was one of her doodles this morning. It was a picture of Se Hun pushing the truck away from them.

"This is epic!" Baekhyun said, admiring the drawing Jino made. "You should join the arts club!"

"He's right," Su Ho muttered, eyes focused on the drawing.

Jino chuckled. "But... that's what happened last night. He did not push the truck away. A strong wind just came out from his arm and the truck flew away, just like that. And then I got this injury because I fell on it too hard when he pushed me away from the truck."

"How will we know if he's one of us?" Baekhyun asked, his arms crossed to his chest. "And then there's also Lay, remember?"

"Oh, by the way... I think I saw him a while ago," Jino said and put her arm sling off of her arm. "See this? It's not hurting anymore. I don't know if it was Lay because I forgot to ask his name. But I bumped to a guy who doesn't look Korean to me,"

"Lay had a very careful way of pronouncing every Korean word that came out of his mouth," Baekhyun butted in.

"And he has a dimple... On his right cheek, right?" Jino asked.

"Yes, that's him!" Baekhyun confirmed.

"That's great. All we need to do is convince them to help us. Maybe they've also seen visions just like us," Su Ho suggested.

"Oh, I came here to tell you some important news too." Baekhyun butted in. "I just found another ability. I was able to track Kris through the light used by some hospital. I need to warn you that Kris hyung would be really hard to convince, now that he's with a psychologist for therapy,"

"What?" Jino and Su Ho asked in unison.

"Yeah, he thinks he's literally going crazy," Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration.

"That's bad. We have to talk to him again," Su Ho stood from his seat but Baekhyun quickly stopped him.

"No! He's way too unconvinced. In this case, he's the only one who needs to understand what's happening to himself,"

Su Ho nodded. "That's right.... Maybe we have to convince the others for now. We just have to think of a plan for Kris to believe us,"

"Right," Baekhyun said and looked on the ground. "And I'll be telling my mom that I've regained my eyesight tomorrow, by the way."

"How?" Jino and Su Ho asked in unison.

"I'll just tell her I woke up with it. No one's going to find out about Lay. Who would?" Baekhyun chuckled. "I don't think he even knows what he's capable of,"

"Then, that would make it hard for us to convince him too," Jino said and sighed.

"I've a plan. Jino, Boram's your friend right?" Su Ho asked, remembering the book from their library.

Jino nodded.

"Great," Su Ho smiled and nodded. "Let's go!"