THE EARTH ELEMENT

EXO Planet: The Lost Sons and Princess

"Every month, his bodyguards get him. Sometimes he's able to escape, but sometimes he gets in trouble just like that," V narrated.

"Poor Tao hyung. If only his father tries to love him like he's his real son," BamBam sighed.

"Wait, Tao isn't their legitimate son?" Jino asked.

"Yeah. He's adopted. He never wanted that kind of life with his father. It was his mother who loved him so much and who wanted to adopt him so that there would be a successor to their company. At first his father refused, but then he had no choice," BamBam narrated.

"But why does he work here?" Jino asked in confusion.

"He wanted to live on his own. Ever since his parents divorced and his mother abandoned him to his father's care, all he did was try to escape,"

"I thought he learnt wushu from his father?"

"Yes he did, but he was a cruel coach. He'd beat Tao with his wushu stick if he didn't do good on a competition,"

Jino furrowed her eyebrows and sighed. She felt pity for Tao, whom she could not even save.

 

The night was getting deeper and darker. The stars twinkled and the clouds became heavier.

As the pub closed, a familiar car came in front of the pub - Kai's.

"Get in," Kai said.

"Y-You're dating?!" BamBam asked in shock.

"No!" Suddenly, a voice from Kai's backseat - D.O's. He pressed the button so that his window goes down.

At the backseat, D.O. joined Jackson and Jinra, who was waving at the three of them.

"Where are you going at this hour?" V asked in wonder.

"Some research for our detention," Jino replied. "We have to go now, bye!"

"Good luck!" V and BamBam said in unison.

 

Meanwhile, Boram waited until the time for the library to close came.

Since the library has a secret passageway from my grandfather's house, I'll pretend that I needed to stay in the library for research and sleep in their house.

"Boram, aren't you going home yet?" Her grandfather asked.

"Uhm..." Boram felt sweat dropping from her forehead. "Can't I stay in your house for a while? I need to stay here because I need to do some research,"

"Research? About what?" Her grandfather asked.

"Outer space," Boram felt stupid with her answer but her grandfather seemed convinced.

"I must leave these keys to you then. You know the guest room in the house right? You can just stay there,"

"Yes, halbae," Boram said.

"And dont forget the lights,"

"Ne," Boram said and waited until her grandfather's out of sight. She then called someone else's attention. "Ya, come out,"

Xiumin, behind from one of the shelves came out running towards Boram.

"When are they coming?" Boram asked.

"I texted them and they said they're on their way," Xiumin replied.

Boram nodded.

"I haven't seen you eat yet," Xiumin said.

"This is a library, not a cafeteria," Boram said.

"No, I was thinking... You might want to eat dinner with me," Xiumin asked.

Boram felt heat on her cheeks and looked on the book she was reading to hide her face. "I think it's too late,"

"Well, aren't we breaking the rules tonight?" Xiumin asked.

"What are you talking about?"

Xiumin opened his bag and got his lunchbox. He opened it and there were his favorite steamed buns.

"Ya! No, put them away!" Boram said.

"Just one bite!" Xiumin said and quickly ate one whole bun. He got another one and brought it in front of Boram's lips. "Come on, say ah..."

Boram glared at him but felt sorry for doing that. She then bit on the bun, and thought it was really delicious.

"Delicious right?" Xiumin said.

Boram chuckled. "Finish that quick," she warned, quickly changing her smile with a stern look.

"Yes!" Xiumin replied.

 

A few minutes came and Kai's car came in front of the library and following Su Ho's car.

"S-Sehun? Baekhyun hyung? Why are you guys here?" Jackson asked in confusion as he saw Sehun and Baekhyun coming out of Su Ho's car. "I think I get the fact that Su Ho hyung is here, but you guys..."

"What? You don't seem to go to libraries either!" Sehun scoffed.

"Ya! I wasn't judging you that way! Look at Baekhyun hyung. Isn't he blind?" Jackson defended.

Sehun looked at Suho as if he need someone who would give an alibi.

"You're not the only ones who can volunteer for detention you know," Baekhyun said. "Plus, I'm not blind anymore. I think I can see now," He took his Rayban sunglasses off and broke it into two.

Jino's mouth hung open. It was a Rayban sunglasses. He should've at least gave that to charity for other blind people. Or she could actually just sell it in a cheaper price and give what she earned from it to Baekhyun. But he did not. He broke it into two like it was a piece of pretzel stick.

"Really Sehun and Baekhyun hyung?! For a research paper?! Is that you?" Jackson asked, still surprised seeing the two guys he mentioned with a slight intention of mockery.

"We dont have much time, let's go," Kai said and led the way inside the library.

"Sorry we're a bit late," Jino said to Boram as they went inside, but then she got surprised seeing Xiumin. "Y-You have a boyfriend?"

Jinra squealed from excitement but earned a shush from the others. "Sorry. I just didn't expect them to reunite again after a few years because of Byun Baek Ah!"

Jino furrowed her brows, still wondering who that guy is.

"No Jino, this is Xiumin oppa, an old friend of mine." Boram quickly answered her question. "Apparently that sunbae behind you just had his own way of persuading me to give him the book for an unknown reason... And right now I'm confused too, why are they here?" Boram explained, pertaining to Baekhyun, but Jino looked at her like she needed to dig in deeper for further information.

"We don't have much time for chitchat, let's just do this in class please," Kai butted in, cutting the eye contact between the two girls.

"Oh, look at Kai being genius, isn't he hot that way?" Jackson said while wrapping his arms around Kai, but the latter quickly shoved it off.

"Let's start looking for it then. This way," Boram controlled her footsteps as she ran towards the restricted area. The others followed her while their eyes wandered through the biggest library in Seoul.

"I'm sorry, halbae," Boram whispered while using the keys to open the door for the restricted area, as if her grandfather can hear her.

Kai quickly walked inside the area followed by the others. They all searched every section of the room.

"What the heck. There's a book about ninjas?" Jackson scorned.

"There's no way we could find it with hundreds of these books," Sehun said as he held his chin and looked at the height of the shelf in front of him.

"Thanks for such great help, Oh Sehun. That was the best moral support you could give today," Jinra scorned.

"I guess you're a very moody person, Ms. Park Jinra?" Sehun asked mischievously.

"No, it depends on the person I'm with," Jinra rolled her eyes and continued looking.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun suddenly pulled Jino in front of another shelf. He looked up at the height and then shifted his gaze towards Jino. He looked at her with anxiety, but he gave her a sheepish smile.

"I think I found it." Baekhyun murmured.

Jino crossed her arms. "If this is a joke-"

Baekhyun chuckled. "I'm not. Perks of my capabilities," he then winked at Jino.

"You saw the book?! How?" Jino asked in confusion.

"Closed my eyes and I was able to scan through the pages of the book in a very quick pace, until I found the book at the top of the shelf. Cool right?" Baekhyun chuckled in awe. "Now I need someone's help to lift you there..." Baekhyun said. "Sehun?!"

"Shhh!!!" The others quickly shushed him.

"Sorry!" Baekhyun gave a V sign.

"Why?" Sehun asked.

"You control the wind right? Could you lift Jino towards the top of the shelf?" Baekhyun asked.

"I never tried lifting things nor people... But maybe I can try blowing off the things on top of the shelf?"

"Alright, do the basics first," Baekhyun said and tapped Sehun's shoulder.

Sehun then held out a hand facing the top part of the shelf, and suddenly the air around the library can be felt. He was still unfamiliar with the power of the wind which he felt on his palm, so a lot of books fell on the ground.

"It's okay, try harder Sehun," Baekhyun encouraged.

"Be careful, don't overuse it," Jino warned, scared that his nose might bleed again from being unable to control his power.

He breathed deeply, and focused to the weight he felt, as if a massive force pushing his hand, until a thick old book fell...

"I think we found it!" Jino said in a soft voice while dusting off the dirt and cobwebs from the cover page. Good thing Sehun's wind force from a while ago helped a little bit to clean the dirt off from the book. "Guys, come here,"

Everyone came around her as she held the old book, that already had coffee-colored pages. It looked so old that the edges of the pages were already ragged.

"EXO Planet," Jinra read the title of the book.

"Let's see what's inside," Jino said and opened the book, only to see blank pages inside. "What?"

"It can't be," Su Ho said and snatched the book from Jino's hands. He quickly scanned the pages but found nothing but blank pages.

"This is so crazy," Kai said placing his hand on his eyes in frustration.

Jino snatched it again from Su Ho's hands. "No! There has to be something,"

"There's nothing inside Jino!" Kai said in agitation.

"There will be nothing inside..." An old man's voice caught all of their attention. "Until there becomes something,"

"H-Halbae, I'm so sorry!" Boram quickly knelt on her knees. "I needed this for my research-"

"I put her to it. I persuaded her sir," Jino bravely stood.

"Who are you?" Her grandfather asked.

"I'm Lee Jino, Boram's classmate,"

"No. Who are you? Where did you come from? Why are you so curious about that planet?"

"It's a research-" Boram was about to say something but...

"I think you already know the answers Jino. This isn't the right time for you to read this," Boram's grandfather looked at Jino sternly.

"Not unless it's a rated book!" Jackson suddenly butted in gaining glares from his schoolmates. "What? It's true? Why is it restricted?" He further defended himself.

Jino looked at Boram's grandfather sternly. He seems to know something about EXO Planet. What was the primary reason why the  only book was here?

"I need this now, sir. And I know it's in the restricted area but I will figure out how will I be able to read this. It costs my friend's identity and also mine," she said, eager to earn the owner's trust.

"Well good luck on that," The grandfather said. "Boram, hand me the keys,"

"Sorry halbae," Boram said as she handed the keys.

"To your room now. And tell your friends to fix those books and go home," Her grandfather said as he walked away.

"He's not very friendly, ain't he?" Jackson said.

Kai nudged him that made him groan. "Let's clean all this mess and go home as soon as we can. I'm tired of this,"

"Boram-ah, I'm really sorry about this," Jino said.

"It's okay... But what do you mean identity?"

"I'm not really sure about it, but I'll tell you when I am," Jino said.

 

The next day, Su Ho woke up to the sound of the water dripping so loudly as if it was just beside his ear.

He walked to the restroom and went to the faucet.

The water was not dripping. Nothing's dripping.

He then turned the faucet on to wash his face, until the water he used became bubbles, surprising him.

"What's this?" He slapped himself, thinking it might be a dream. But it hurted, it's real.

He used his index finger to feel the water, but as his finger touched the water, it turned into red liquid... BLOOD.

Jino.

 

Hyein was looking at the school's bulletin board, where the official list of the dance team was posted.

A tear fell on her cheek. If only if that Oh Sehun didn't ditch her.

Suddenly, a hand pressed her shoulder lightly causing her to grimace.

"You dont have to feel bad about this," came from a familiar husky voice. Hyein turned, only to see Sehun.

"You-" She almost slapped Sehun's cheek but he quickly held her wrist. Using his other hand, he wiped her tears with his thumb.

"I know, I'm sorry," Sehun smiled.

"That's it? You don't-"

"Let me finish first," Sehun said. "I'll help you out with Kai for you to be in the dance team. We're close,"

"Really?" Hyein beamed.

"In one condition," Sehun said.

"What?"

"Be my girlfriend," Sehun said with a sly smile, as if it was an easy request.

"Not funny," Hyein said and shoved Sehun's arms away. "I'll tell this to Chanyeol oppa,"

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Do I need to say some sweet lines for you to say yes? Or to kneel down?"

"Why do you suddenly ask me to be your girlfriend? That is the most unsincere confession I've ever had," she exclaimed, feeling uneasy from Sehun's sudden question.

"I want it to be surprise and unique," Sehun winked.

"No, thanks. I won't fall for it," Hyein walked but Sehun got her wrist.

"Whether you like it or not I'll make you join that team and you will be my girlfriend. Bye, babe," Sehun said and suddenly kissed Hyein's cheek.

"YA!" Hyein shouted but Sehun quickly ran away. "What's up with him?! He's not that bad though," she thought, and a small smile formed on her lips.

Meanwhile, a young tall man stormed inside Jino's class. He was crying and behind him was BamBam who was trying to calm him down.

"BamBam, what's happening?" Jino asked.

"Hyung!" The tall man who was in front of BamBam suddenly cried at Kai.

"Y-Yugyeom?!" Kai said in shock. "W-What are you doing here?!"

"Why Jungkook?! Why him? Why was he able to join the dance team?! Why cant I?! I'm your cousin hyung!" He cried.

"You have a cousin?!" Jackson butted in. "You're way too noisy and way too crybaby to be his cousin, aren't you mistaken?"

"He is my cousin!" The younger defended.

Kai sighed. "Go away. You're making me feel embarrassed. And stop being a crybaby,"

The younger suddenly knelt down. "I won't move any inch here unless you give me a chance to audition to your team,"

Kai rolled his eyes. "Then don't," he then walked away, not even looking back at the poor young lad.

"Aigoo Yugyeom! I told you not to come. Kai sunbae is very firm. He really wont let us in!" BamBam said.

"He's my cousin..." Yugyeom muttered.

BamBam sighed. "We'll graduate next year, we have another chance!"

"It's just so unfair that he even recruited Jungkook even if he's just in middle school too! It's unfair! We're blood-related! Why cant he-"

Jackson butted in, clearing his throat. "Can you show me the proof that you are blood related? How about audition through me? I might be able to ask Kai," Jackson butted in.

"But I want hyung to see that I can do what Jungkook can do," Yugyeom said.

"Just.... Just dance!" Jackson said in English. "Come on, start!"

BamBam played the music and they both started to dance earning stares and howls from the students inside the classroom. Some of the girls admired the two young boys while the others mentally judged them. Meanwhile, Jackson smiled in awe and looked amazed by the two boys.

"Woah, it's really a waste that Kai won't allow you to join!" Jackson sighed.

"We should go now Yugyeom. Thanks for giving us a chance though, Jackson sunbae," BamBam said.

"Ohmygod. Arent you the Thai waiter in Kris' pub?! You had talents huh?" Jackson smiled as he recognized BamBam. "Call me hyung instead! From now on, i'll be like your... manager-hyung!!! I'll refer you to Kai, I'm sure he'll understand,"

"Thank you so much hyung!" Yugyeom and BamBam bowed as if it was the best thing they have ever heard this morning and walked out of the room.

"Poor kids. If only Kai would be more understanding," Jackson said.

"I know right!" Baek Ah suddenly butted in and sat on Jackson's desk, arms crossed over her chest. "He should give Hyein a second chance! For real! That was Sehun's fault!"

"Sehun?" Jino asked.

"Yesterday he just quickly walked out of the dance practice room. Weird guy, ain't he?" Baek Ah said swaying her legs forth and back.

"Why would he do that?" Jino asked.

"I don't know, he's a stubborn kid," Baek Ah said.

"Aaahh!" Baek Ah suddenly squealed as Jackson stood from his seat and she fell on the floor, landing on her . "WHY DID YOU STAND JACKSON?"

Jackson almost rolled on the floor laughing at Baek Ah's reaction. "You should've seen how you fell! It was so funny!"

"Ha-ha, that's so funny for you?" Baek Ah crossed her arms. "Let's see if this is funny as well!" She got her notebook and raised in the air, ready to whack Jackson's head.

"Baek Ah?" A familiar voice.

She turned to her back and saw Mark at the doorstep of the room.

"Oh my gosh, thanks for saving me Mark! You're the best!" Jackson sighed in relief.

"What are you doing?" He asked Baek Ah in confusion.

"Nothing!" Baek Ah gave an innocent smile to Mark and quickly hid the notebook behind her back. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came here to get my notebook from Jackson," Mark said.

"Dont tell me he copied his homework from you!" She accused.

"Just the notes, Baek Ah," Mark patted Baek Ah's head.

"Ya, I'm smart that I don't have to copy his answers because some of his answers are wrong!" Jackson defended.

"Is that the only reason why you came here?" Baek Ah asked.

"Yeah," Mark nodded.

"Psh, you're no fun," Baek Ah rolled her eyes. "I'm mad at you,"

Mark chuckled. "I'm only kidding," He walked before Baek Ah reaches her seat. "Here's your chocolate bar, crybaby,"

"I'm not a crybaby!" Baek Ah defended.

"See you later," Mark said and walked out of the room.

Baek Ah giggled. "See that? He really likes me, right?"

"You think so?" Jino asked in wonder.

"I think so!" Baek Ah squealed.

"Then why aren't you telling him you like him back yet?" Jino asked.

"Probably in hopes of having a marriage-proposal-like question with Mark kneeling on his knees asking her to go out with him and be his girlfriend," Jackson guessed.

Baek Ah squealed again. "That's cute, but it's too perfect, Jackie,"

"Anyways Mark never told me you guys are close friends now?!" He asked Baek Ah, while his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, you know what kind of person he is. He's a man of few words... and it makes him more attractive to me!!!" Baek Ah said, staring nowhere as if daydreaming.

"Then why aren't you telling him how you feel yet?" Jino asked.

"Haven't you watched Frozen? You can't trust a man you only met for a couple of days. I only met him like three weeks ago!"

"Wow," Jackson clapped slowly. "Didn't know you have sense Baek Ah,"

"Besides, I still need a background check before I date him. My family is still number one in my heart. They need to know who he is first before he-"

"Now you dont make any sense. Isn't that supposed to be done when you're getting married?"

"Yeah! I do know! But you're aware that our families does fixed marriage so I totally have to see if he's really good for me and my parents and the company and my fans!"

"Wait..." Jino suddenly held Baek Ah's wrist shutting her out. "C-Can you feel that?"

"Feel what?" Baek Ah asked.

"Isn't the ground shaking?" Jino stood.

Suddenly, the shaking stopped, and a loud bang can be heard from afar, as if some big rock had fallen from the ground.

"What's that?" Baek Ah asked.

The ground continued to shake again, this time much more violent.

"Th-This is scaring me, is this earth-"

The bell suddenly rang. A long ring which usually signals the earthquake drill. The students all hid under their chairs and covered their heads with the thickest book they could reach.

A few seconds later, the earthquake stopped again. An announcement then came from the speakers everywhere in the school: Please proceed to the fire exit calmly and proceed to the campus grounds.

"Oh my gosh! I think I have to tell Mark I like him before the world ends!" Baek Ah said.

"Go forth and die if you want to, we're going out of the school!" Jinra said and pulled Jino and Boram with her, with books on top of their heads.

"What? I don't want to die yet! Not now that I havent told Mark-" Baek Ah said.

"Wait, where is D.O?" Jino asked worriedly.

"I'm sure he's aware of this," Jinra said. "You heard the announcement, it's impossible for him not to know. Let's go!"

With the clear announcement from the school a while ago, all the students should be gathered already at the campus grounds.

All, except for three...

"W-What have you done?" Daehyun asked in shock.

A dent formed on the ground from where D.O was standing while he talked to Daehyun and Youngjae about what happened with Jino.

D.O's eyes grew wide with what was happening. He could not believe what he did when he felt rage rising up his head.

"I-I don't know," D.O said, but his hands were tensed and as the ground continued shaking, his hands were uncontrollably trembling as well.

"Control yourself, D.O," a female's voice. "You wont be able to save her if you're going to continue being like this,"

D.O. looked around him, but there were no signs of a woman there.

"D.O., we have to get out of here!" Youngjae said in panic. His sweat dripping from his forehead. This was the worst case they have ever seen.

"You're the only one who can stop this," the woman's voice continueld lecturing D.O.

"Come on," Daehyun was about to hold D.O. But then...

"Don't touch me!" D.O said and as the words came out of his mouth, an invisible force seemed to push the ground where Daehyun was standing, enough for him to fall on the ground.

"Let's leave him Daehyun!" Youngjae panicked and pulled his hand, helping Daehyun to stand. Suddenly, another invisible force seemed to push Youngjae down on the ground, making the earth quake worse.

"Let's go!" Daehyun panicked, although he find it hard moving his whole body from the impact.

A blue bull-shaped light appeared on the ground. Suddenly the cracked stones rised from the ground and became a bull.

"You have to save the princess," It said. "Calm down, Kyung Soo-sshi,"

"I'm just so mad! But why am I seeing things?" D.O said as his eyebrows furrowed in astonishment.

"You are not destruction D.O. You are preservation,"

"What are you talking about?" D.O. asked and the earthquake started to mellow down.

"You hold the power of Earth and Strength, and you have to stop this. Find your brothers instead then find EXO Planet. You are supposed to save the princess. You've done enough for those two,"

"My head," He said. As he held his head the bull turned into stones again.

D.O.'s vision went blurry until he felt himself drop on the ground and got unconscious while the ground continued to shake.

 

Meanwhile at the campus grounds...

"Daehyun?" Jino called as he saw Daehyun and Youngjae running towards the grounds. "Aren't you supposed to be with-"

"D.O... He's still in there," Daehyun whispered.

"Take care of yourself! He's... He's sca-" Youngjae was about to say scary but Jino quickly walked towards the building.

"There's an earthquake!" Daehyun said, grabbing Jino's arm.

"And what? Wait for the whole school to crush him down into pieces?" Jino asked.

Daehyun was shut off. Jino quickly ran towards the school building.

"Jino!" Daehyun called but she didn't stop running. She had to find D.O before the building falls on him.

The earthquake's intensity can be felt. It had rised up and became much stronger than a few minutes ago.

Jino carefully looked up to the ceiling, and around her, checking if there might be something that could fall on her. She walked carefully in search of D.O. Until a stone above her suddenly flew away from her.

As she looked back, it was Sehun, Su Ho and Baekhyun.

"We saw you on your way here and thought it would be very dangerous," Sehun said. "Woah, I didn't know my powers are that strong..."

"You blew the rock away?" Jino asked. "Thank you, Sehun,"

"Anytime," Sehun smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked worriedly. "Are you nuts?!"

"Kyungsoo is in danger! He's a very close friend of mine, I can't leave him alone in a place like this!" Jino said, and tears started to fall on her cheek. "He was the very first friend I had,"

"We should keep going," Su Ho said.

They all shouted for D.O's name, hoping that he would at least hear them.

"Ah! Maybe he's in their practice room! If I'm not mistaken... I think he was with Daehyun!" Jino said.

"Let's go!" Su Ho said. The four of them ran towards the music room and to their surprise, D.O. was there, lying at the center of a big dent.

"KYUNGSOO!" Jino shouted and ran towards him. "What happened to him?!"

"This is odd... What's with this big dent?" Baekhyun asked.

"Youngjae and Daehyun. We have to find out what they did here!" Su Ho said.

Sehun carried Kyungsoo on his back and quickly ran as fast as they could. But then, a set of stones from the ceiling left Jino behind them.

"JINO!" Sehun, Baekhyun and Su Ho both shouted.

Sehun raise his arms forward but Su Ho quickly pushed it back down.

"I can blow it away again, hyung," Se Hun said.

"It's too dangerous! We dont know where she is, you might whip the stone on her!" Su Ho said.

"I'm not sure if I'm capable of breaking these big stones, but maybe if I concentrate a little bit..." Baekhyun held his hands forward and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and then a light blasted a rock into pieces.

"Great! It's working!" Su Ho clapped.

Baekhyun kept blasting the stones to pieces, but then there were much more stones to break.

"Jino just wait a little bit okay?" Su Ho said.

"Y-Yes!" Jino said. She tried to push some of the rocks to help them.

"Hyung, I'm sort of tired..." Suddenly, Baekhyun held his chest and caught his breath. He once again tried to break the stones.

Suho held Baekhyun's shoulder. "Maybe I can turn these stones to water?"

Sehun chuckled while Baekhyun and Su Ho gave him a look.

"What? I just found that funny..." Sehun defended.

Su Ho tried to concentrate and held the stones... Until they turned into mud.

"Yikes!" Baekhyun and Sehun exclaimed in unison.

"Can't turn them into clean water! It's the only way!" Su Ho said.

"Jino!" The three boys shouted, as soon as Su Ho and Baekhyun succeeded breaking the stones.

"Are you alright?" Su Ho asked.

"Y-Yes..."

"Your forehead! It's bleeding!" Sehun pointed at Jino's forehead.

Jino held her forehead and saw it bleeding. "Just a tiny stone..." Jino said, holding one of the stones which dropped on her.

"Watch your heads!" Baekhyun shouted as he saw another rock drop from the ceiling.

They all ducked in, covering Jino and waiting for the rock to drop on their backs. But there was nothing. The earth shaking stopped oddly.

Until they realized that the rock broke into pieces away from them.

As they looked back, it was D.O.

 "D.O?" They all asked.

And suddenly, he dropped back to the ground, with his nose bleeding.

"We have to get the both of them out of here as soon as possible before the aftershock comes," Baekhyun said.

"I dont think it's an earthquake..." Su Ho said, eyebrows furrowed. He then turned his gaze to D.O.

"But why would he do this?" Se Hun asked.

"We'll find out when he's awake," Su Ho said and they all ran to the schoo'l campus grounds once more.

Meanwhile...

"Have you seen her?" Kris asked.

"I'm sorry but I didn't..." V said, hands shaking in panic. "Sunbae, her classmates said she walked back inside,"

"What?!" Kris barked.

"D.O. was still inside... And she thought he might be trapped. So she went there..."

"All by herself?!" Kris said worriedly but also felt agitated. How could she just come inside the school when there's an earthquake

"Yes..." V replied.

Kris almost ran back inside the school when a commotion came. Baekhyun was running, leading two guys behind him, the other one carrying a girl on his arms and and the other one carrying a boy on his back. As they got closer, he recognized the two guys behind him - Se Hun carrying a boy, and Su Ho, carrying a girl.

"Kris hyung!" Baekhyun called. It's been a while since they talked and run hurriedly. "Hyung! They need medic! As soon as possible!"

"Who?" Kris asked.

"D.O! And Jino! We need medic!" Baekhyun said, shaking Kris' shoulders.

Kris' eyes grew wide as he heard Jino's name. He quickly called for an ambulance to respond in their school as soon as they can. He then walked towards Jino and Kyungsoo.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun pulled Lay violently. "You can heal right?! Heal her!"

"What are you talking about?!" Lay asked.

"Hyung, stop making a commotion," Sehun said. "People can see us,"

"We can't let them die. We need to ensure that they're safe," Baekhyun panicked. "Heal her! Now!"

Lay sighed. He held Jino's forehead, but nothing happened.

"See?" Lay said. "Nothing's happening,"

"You're not trying hard enough!" Baekhyun said holding Lay's collar.

"What's happening here?" Suddenly, Baek Ah asked. "Are you guys fighting? Oh my gosh, Jino!!!" Baek Ah gasped.

"The ambulance is here, stop your whining," Kris said and carried Jino, snatching her away from Su Ho while Sehun continued carrying Kyungsoo on his back.

"You know what you can do," Baekhyun said, his eyes looking sternly at Lay.

"I know, but it's not working!" Lay defended.

Baekhyun looked at Lay in angst. In his thoughts he should have done something when the princess was in trouble. He's sure that he had been given a sign already that he can heal. He then snickered and walked away.

"It's okay," Su Ho said and held his shoulder. "It's not your fault,"

 

D.O. was at a beautiful garden, as if he found heaven. He laid his back on the green grass and smelled the scent of fresh flowers surrounding him.

"That's right, Kyungsoo. You have to relax and feel the earth around you," D.O. gasped and looked around him. No one was around. Until a bunch of flowers collided and turned into a beautiful woman.

"Who are you?" D.O asked.

The woman smiled. "Rest. You need to save the princess and EXO Planet,"

"What?" D.O. asked. He suddenly remembered what happened in school. "Where am I? What happened to Daehyun and Youngjae? Were they hurt? And Jino! I saw him with Su Ho hyung, Baekhyun hyung and Sehun! What happened to them?"

"Calm down. You saved the princess with your undeniable strength. Well done, Kyungsoo,"

"Princess? You mean Jino?" Kyungsoo asked and shook his head. "I must be going crazy! It's B.A.P.'s fault. Wait... Am I still alive? Is this heaven?"

The woman chuckled. "You're confused, but the princess will make it clear to you. Just always follow her. You've always been with her, guarding her. And with that, I am totally proud of you,"

"Who are you?" D.O. asked. He suddenly felt a tear fall on his cheek without knowing why.

The woman disappeared and as he wiped his tears away, he was in another place. There was something connected on his hand - dextrose. He was in a hospital.

"Why am I here?" D.O. asked. Beside him was his mother.

"Kyungsoo-ya, you're awake!" His mom said and held his cheeks while crying in joy.

"Were you crying? Did you think I'm going to die?" D.O. asked innocently.

Her mother nodded and hugged D.O. as gentle as she could, scared that her son's body might be vulnerable the incident.

"I told you I won't. Before appa died, I promised him I won't die and leave you alone." D.O. hugged his mother back but then his back ached making him groan.

"Are you alright?" His mom asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I think my back is just hurting from sleeping like this. How many hours have I slept?"

"Not hours Kyungsoo, you've been sleeping for three days. You made me worry so much," his mom said. "Wait here and I'll call a doctor,"

"Three days?!" A sudden thought came into his mind. A flash of blurry images with three guys and Jino in the earthquake with him. "Eomma? How's Jino?"

"Jino? Ah, the girl who was injured? She's still at the hospital. I think some rock fell on her back, and they were still looking onto it,"

"She saved my life," D.O. Said. "I must go there,"

"No. Stay here. Her condition's much worse than yours,"

"Much wo-" he almost shouted but he suddenly groaned, feeling his backpain again.

"Omo, wait here, I'll call the doctor,"

"Jino..." Kyungsoo said under his breath.

Meanwhile, a few doors away from Kyungsoo's room...

Hyori was all day inside the room, hoping for Jino to be conscious.

Kris was outside the room, waiting impatiently. Sehun, Su Ho, and Baekhyun, were discussing things with the doctor, as they were the persons who had witnessed what happened to Jino. Jinra was busy arguing with Boram on how were they not able to see Jino running away. Baek Ah could not stay put on her seat. It had been three consecutive days, and Jino hasn't still got up.

Jackson, V, BamBam, and Tao came, adding up to the crowd in the hallway where Jino and D.O. Were confined.

"What happened to Jino noona?" BamBam asked.

"We don't know either," Se Hun replied.

"Kris hyung, the pub closed," Tao reported. "Jessica noona said she'll be closing it since it's near the school. To avoid the aftershock-"

Kris snickered. "Hyung?"

"Why?" Tao asked.

"I'm your sunbae," Kris said.

Tao furrowed his eyebrows, while Kris cut the eye contact between them.

"I don't know why but... according to the news, we were the only ones who had experienced earthquake," V said in confusion.

"What?" Jinra asked. "That's scary! I mean, doesn't that mean that maybe the school wasn't built well?"

Se Hun, Su Ho and Baekhyun looked at each other, as if sending messages to each other.

"Are you staying here?" Su Ho asked. "I'm going to check how's Kyungsoo doing. I heard Jino's situation is worse than his. He's hopefully fine right now,"

"I'm coming with you," Sehun said and stood.

"Me too," Baekhyun stood.

"Kyungsoo's my friend too! I'll-" Baek Ah volunteered but Baekhyun cut her off.

"Wait for Jino then text me if she's fine," Baekhyun ordered.

"Fine..." she sat down on her chair and crossed her arms on her chest.

The three of them went off towards Kyungsoo's room as planned, leaving the other students crowded at the hallway.

"You know what, it's weird to see the three of them together..." Baek Ah said, her eyes squinting.

"Psh, you think it's weird because your oppa doesn't hang out with the other biggest chaebols in the university anymore!" Jinra rolled her eyes.

"No, I'm not! Something's just really fishy between the three of them..." Baek Ah said. "I never thought Sehun would be that heroic to save D.O. inside the school... My oppa isn't that close with D.O.... Weird..."

Kris suddenly walked away, catching the attention of the students.

"Where is he going?" Jackson asked. "What the heck is this atmosphere? It's so frustrating! I hope Jino and D.O. recover as soon as possible!!"

"I bet he's getting some fresh air," Baek Ah shrugged. "Anyways, I'll go get you some drinks. My treat! What do you want?"

"No thanks! I'd rather get poison than get a drink from you," Jinra said.

"Fine. How about you Boram?"

"No thanks, I have my water jug with me," Boram said and raised her water jug.

"Come on! When Jino's awake she would love to see us closer," Baek Ah was persistent.

"Maybe no," Jinra scoffed.

Baek Ah sighed. "Fine. How about you guys?"

V chuckled in embarassment. "You don't have to treat us. How about I'll just treat you instead?"

"Really?" Baek Ah asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah,"

"Okay then I'll treat Jackson and Tao!" Baek Ah exclaimed as she got her bag from one of the chairs, turning her heels towards the direction where the vending machine stands.

V followed Baek Ah and even though he was feeling very worried for Jino and the atmosphere was so heavy, he couldn't help but smile. Seeing her middle school crush in front of him, her long brunette waves following her graceful catwalk towards the vending machine, her million-dollar scent, and her jolly attitude - everything felt like cloud nine for him. It was a dream come true.

 

At a nearby wall from the hallway where the students were crowded, Kai was hiding away. Away from his schoolmates that he didn't want to bother. Away from all the people talking about different sides of stories from the earthquake. All these things just make him worry more, not only for D.O., but mostly for Jino, who hasn't recovered yet after three days.

He wasn't sure what's making his heart feel uncomfortable by the thought of Jino in their hospital, lying on one of their hospital beds. He couldn't sleep. He couldn't even come home. All he wants was to hear one thing - that she finally woke up, and he will finally ignore her again being so friendly.

Indeed, he knew he was a jerk for ignoring a precious friend like Jino. If it ends today for her, he would really regret everything. The moment he scolded her from not looking which direction she was walking, until the day she rejected her to be his friend.

"Jong In?" Suddenly, his father tapped his shoulder.

"A-Appa?"

"It's a miracle. You visited my hospital... Ahh, the injured schoolmates of yours? Kyungsoo's getting a lot better. But I doubt Jino can make it,"

"What?" Kai asked in horror.

"She has to face another operation. But with their financial difficulties, I'd say they should just wait for a miracle,"

"What? No!" Kai said.

"Is she your friend?" His dad asked, wondering what could make him feel so tensed. He had never seen Kai this way before.

"She's a really good friend," Kai looked on the ground, thinking about the times he tried to stay away from her. "Look, I don't trust you a lot, abeoji. But I want you to give my friend a chance to live. You're supposed to help people arent you?! If you can't heal her I'll never forgive you!" Kai said and turned his back, almost walking away.

"And what if I did?" Kai's dad asked with a sly smile on his face. He stopped and turned to look at his dad's eyes. He never see any relevance with his. Because he will never inherit his physical attributes. And yet they keep on living and believing in a lie, that he is a Kim, a son of the family of the best doctors in South Korea. "There has to be something that you should do for me too, right?"

The words woke him up from reality. He walked closely to his father and looked on the ground. "I'll get an MD and give up dancing,"

"That's my son!" Dr. Kim chuckled and gave him a manly hug.

Meanwhile Su Ho, Baekhyun and Sehun visited D.O., wanting some answers from the sudden incident.

"Hyung, annyeong! I didn't expect the three of you to come here," D.O said.

"Kyungsoo, how are you feeling?" Su Ho asked, sitting on one of the chairs beside D.O's bed.

"I'm feeling better, thanks," D.O. smiled and took another bite on the apple he was holding.

"I have to ask you something and I know this might sound crazy but..." Su Ho looked on the ground and back to D.O. "Did you- the earthquake... Was it you?"

D.O.'s eyes grew wide, as if Su Ho's words were keys back to his memory. He knew he did, although he wasn't sure how. But he felt it. The tightening pressure on his veins. Like every breath he breathes were a way to destroy the facade of the school. He destroyed the school with his feelings of rage. "How did you-"

Su Ho smiled. "Trust us,"

And Baekhyun and Sehun gave their most inviting smiles.

 

Midnight came. Jino was still in her room, lying unconsciously on the hospital bed.

What's bothering her to wake up?

 

Tall trees.
Colorful flowers filling up the ground.
Exotic creatures in various sizes.
Blue skies and wonderful sunlight.

She was wandering in a beautiful place. It looked like paradise. It was what she imagined paradise would look like. It was peaceful and quiet...

Until everything got dark, realizing she was in another place. She was inside a palace - a dark palace. Suddenly, the rain poured and the silence was disturbed by the thunder.

There was a platform where the two thrones lie. Sitting on it was an old man and a woman who were presumptively the king and the queen of the palace. In front of the throne stood twelve men.

"Disgrace, for the Master of the Dragons," the king said.

A man from the twelve knelt down. "Forgive me, Your Majesty!"

The queen then held the king's arm and a tear fell on her cheek. "It wasn't his intention. I'm the queen. I should have been more careful and what I've done was a disgrace to the royal family. I should be punished instead,"

"NO!" The man in front of the throne shouted. "No, Queen Hyoyoung, I cannot accept that,"

"Your majesty, I'm sorry to interrupt, but you might want to reassess your decision before coming to a conclusion," another man from the twelve spoke.

"I understand where you're coming from Sujeon. But the Time Element Holder gave his warning," The King stood on his throne. "I cannot sacrifice the life of our people over an individual's life who would cause the planet's destruction,"

"Your majesty, you might want to think it over first," Sujeon suggested. "As what we all know, Tan's visions can be changed. He gave us a warning, my Lord. Now we just need to do something to avoid it from coming."

"Your majesty," The queen interrupted. "If we'll keep the baby in good hands, then the destruction may not happen. The planet may be safe, as long as he's with our care and guidance,"

The king went silent for a moment and only the thunder and the pouring rain could be heard.

"Your majesty," the man who was kneeling down in front of the throne called his attention from his trail of thoughts. "Maybe the baby doesn't need to know that he's a half-blood. No one will know that he came from me and the baby will be treated like a prince, and it is less likely for the evil forces to touch him,"

The king snickered. "Yuan, you never fail to impress me. As the dragon-element holder and one of the leaders of all the twelve forces, you really are a loyal guardian of this planet. Same with you Sujeon. I commend your leadership as the best this planet ever had."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Yuan and Sujeon bowed to the floor.

"We'll keep the half-blood then. It is among us, the king and queen, and you, the twelve element holders that this baby as of today will be considered my blood. If anyone dares to speak of this secret, he will be forever banished out of this planet." The king declared.

"Yes, Your Majesty," The twelve element holders all responded and knelt on their one knee.

 

Shadows suddenly surrounded her. She was confused whether this was a dream or a vision. But one thing is for sure - she knows that she's not in her conscious state. She knows that she is wandering at a place she shouldn't be.

The shadows faded and she found herself in a dark cave. It was cold. There were soldiers who are dressed in their armors - the type of old-fashioned armor used during the classical age. They don't see her at all, nor they could touch her.

She walked until she saw something eerie... All the soldiers were gathered at the pit of the cave. There was a big throne made out of stone and a man was sitting on it.

"Tonight, is the night we have all been waiting for," The man on the stone throne shouted. He stood from his throne and gave out a snicker. He was wearing a black hooded coat, that Jino could not see him from above. "Tonight, we will turn things to what we all wanted. This planet, is stronger than what everybody thinks it is. And those twelve guardians, those twelve idiots who try to protect the Tree of Life... they don't know that the king and the queen are using them to protect this power, to steal the capabilities of our planet! And we have to save this planet from the wrong ruler. If we are capable of immortality, then why shouldn't we claim and benefit from it? We were born as natural citizens of this planet, and all we got to do is destroy the tree of like and release the Heart of Eternal Power! Are we battling to die? No, we're doing this for life. For immortal life!!!"

The soldiers then cheered and howled. "All Hail, to the Dark Lord!"

"Get the twelve sons of the twelve element holders, Seungri," The Dark Lord of the evil forces commanded and sat on his throne.

“What do I do with them?” Seung Ri asked, panicking as he was afraid of the things happening in Exo Planet.

“No one inherits all the elements in EXO Planet. The heart will be mine, and The Red Forces will finally bring back their own kingdom to life!” The Dark Lord said and looked sternly at Seung Ri. “If their sons exist here after their own father’s death, they will inherit their own father’s element. So it’s better if we throw them outside this planet; a place that is far enough for them to see the same sky. I want them to suffer from longing for their loved ones because suffering is a better punishment. Keep them away from here, Seung Ri. Make sure they won’t come back and ruin my plans in taking the Heart of Eternal Power,” Ji Young, the dark lord commanded while sitting comfortably on his throne.

Seung Ri bowed. “Yes, I will, Your Majesty… But I have something to ask in turn,”

“What is it?” Ji Young asked, paying attention to what kind of deal Seung Ri’s asking for.

“I want the Healing element holder’s wife.” Seung Ri said firmly.

Ji Young chuckled. “First love is such an excruciating pain isn’t it? Fine, save your prey for tonight. Just make sure that my commands will work out and our plan of destruction will happen tonight.”

Seung Ri bowed once more. “Yes, I will make it happen, Your Majesty.”

A sudden gush of wind led Jino to another place. She found herself in a very familiar place - back to the palace where she went earlier.

This time, she was inside one of the rooms. She saw a woman holding her baby tight while tearing up in front of a man. Jino wanted to run and comfort her, but she couldn't. They can't see her, nor touch her.

“Leeteuk! He’s just a baby!” The wife of the water element holder cried, never letting go of their son.

“He’s a guardian. Trust him, he’ll be fine.” Leeteuk said calmly. “He will know what to do in time.”

“How could you say that? Do you know where they will bring him?!”

“Jaejoong talked to me through telepathy. He told me he had read Seung Ri’s plan… He’s planning to bring our sons to Earth, which would be a good idea,”

“How come?”

“It’s the only place I know where citizens don’t know anything about immortality and power… When our baby grows older, these red forces will have a hard time distinguishing them from Earth’s citizens. Our baby will be safe there, so give our baby to them and let their foolish plan work out on our son! Let our baby live!” Leeteuk tried to keep calm and patted her wife’s back. He didn’t dare to look at his innocent son. He felt apologetic and regretful that he wouldn’t be able to stay longer for his son. “I’ll fight back until my last breath, just to see you again, son. Good luck,”

Seung Ri’s troupes got all the children in no time. Ji Young on the other hand was already on his way to the Tree of Life.

Jino felt another gush of wind, leading her to another room. It was bigger than the other. There were women in white clothes and they formed a circle on the bed. She suddenly heard a woman crying out of pain, and she quickly ran towards the bed to check what was happening.

“AAHHH!!!!” Hyori, Exo Planet’s Queen was still giving birth to her daughter.

"Eomma?" Jino thought, and her eyes grew wide, seeing her mom in her most elegant physique. Her mom was surely beautiful, but today she looked like a goddess, even if she was in deep pain.

“Your Majesty, just one more push and she will come out!” The doctor said calmly, trying to give encouragement to the queen.

“Your Majesty!” Suddenly, a man appeared inside the queen’s room.

“YA! This is a sign of disrespe-“ The doctor was not able to finish what she had to say because in a gush of wind, the man and the queen was gone. And so was Jino.

Darkness filled the place. The Heart of Eternal Power were almost in Ji Young’s hands.

Jino found herself in a dark place, but this time, she was in a forest, together with her mother and the man.

“Eunhyuk?” The queen muttered, seeing Eunhyuk hold the baby princess she never thought would come out that fast.

“Your Majesty, I’m sorry, I had to do this to save you and the baby princess from our planet’s destruction. It was the King’s order as well,” Eunhyuk tried to explain as calm as he could. “I have to go back and help my brothers from saving the Tree of Life. Live well, Your Majesty. Take care of the baby princess and live well on Earth,” And in another gush of wind, Eunhyuk, the teleportation element holder, disappeared.

A tear fell on Hyori’s cheek and so did on Jino's. Her mom was clueless. She was afraid. She knows nothing in Earth. She was helpless.

It was touching to see that her mom lived well for her own sake and for EXO Planet.

And now she knew. Indeed, she was the princess of EXO Planet. And right now EXO Planet needs her.

 

Meanwhile, her mom woke up from the same dream and felt some tears on her cheek. She wiped it off and walked outside the room to get some water, but then she saw a man sitting at the bench outside, looking at nowhere.

"Excuse me?" Her mom asked.

"W-What is it?" the man asked.

As the man turned, and he looked familiar to Hyori's eyes. Someone she trusted so much.

"Are you one of my daughter's friends in school?"

Friends in school - he wasn't sure of that. All he did was make a barrier between the both of them. "I'm his classmate and seatmate.," he bowed.

"She never told me she had a handsome classmate,"

"W-What?" Kai asked and blushed.

"I always see you since the first time my daughter has been admitted in this hospital... Do you want to visit her?"

Kai looked at her for a moment, as if asking if it will be okay.

"You don't have to be shy. Come in," Hyori said and assisted Kai inside.

"If you want me to leave you both, it's fine. I'll just buy you some snacks,"

"No, it's okay. I've already asked someone to send food here,"

"You? Ah, so you were the one who sent food here all along?" Hyori asked. "Thank you so much,"

"I-it's nothing," Kai chuckled.

"I'll just go out if you want to talk to her alone,"

Kai nodded and Hyori left. He looked at Jino who was still unconscious. He tapped her head and whispered, "Ya, I don't know what gave me the courage to give up what I want just for you to wake up. You're really annoying, aren't you? Suddenly coming into someone's life.... You've always been so vulnerable in front of me and when you're hurt I always come running for you." Kai snickered. "You dummie. You think I don't want to be friends with you? If you want to be friends with me you have to wake up. Ppalli!"

Suddenly someone came inside the room, opening the door without knocking. Kai quickly turned to his back, to check if it was his appa, but fortunately it wasn't. He didn't want his father to see more of his soft side.

"Lay hyung? Why are you here?" Kai asked, as he recognized the person who just came in.

"I just... Thought of visiting her. How about you? Are you her friend?" Lay asked.

"Well... you know my dad works here..." Kai tried to look for words to explain why he visited Jino. Even if he's close with Lay, he didn't want to tell his real intention why he was visiting Jino. "I-I'll leave," Kai said hurriedly and ran out of the room.

Lay was suspicious about Kai, but then he was quickly distracted by the sight of the poor, unconscious Jino. He sighed, thinking how he'd became useless. But maybe he wasn't capable of healing. Maybe it wasn't true. After all, powers doesn't seem to be true.

He closed his eyes, trying to concentrate. He really didn't know where to concentrate. There are many things that distract him.

The sound of the lifeline. The sound of silence in the room. The echos from the walls.

But how did he know these were his distractions?

"Focus on your breathing," A familiar voice said, as if whispering to his ear. The unicorn.

He did as what he was told, although he wasn't sure what he was doing.

Inhale. Exhale.

He felt nothing. He still heard the lifeline. The room's silence. The echos from the hospital walls.

Until a cool sensation seeped through his veins that tickled his sensitive neck. He felt some thick sticky air come out of his fingertips just like a thread pulled from a cloth. He opened his eyes and saw the bright blue light shining all over Jino's body.

Inhale. Exhale.

He was doing it. But he was not sure if he was doing it right. He felt weaker as the blue light shined brighter.

"Wake up!" He demanded through heavy breathing.

"Let go, Lay. You've done your part," The unicorn whispered.

Lay felt his body shake, until his knees were too weak to stand and he fell on the ground.

He tried to catch his breath and looked at Jino. Nothing happened.

"This is nonsense! Why am I believing this stupid unicorn?! You're just a spirit!" Lay thought and walked out of the hospital room agitatedly.

Until Jino's eyes opened.

 

The next day, Kyungsoo walked towards Jino's room. Everyday, he looked at her through the rectangular window at the side of the door. He felt embarrassed. If it wasn't because of him, Jino wouldn't be there. It was his fault. And all he could say was sorry.

Another strange thing was happening. First the earthquake. Second, the consecutive dreams about the woman telling him that he needs to look for the princess, together with his brothers, in order to save the EXO Planet.

D.O knocked on the door and Jino's mom opened it.

"Hi, you must be Kyungsoo?" Her mom asked.

"Y-Yes? How did you know?"

"Jino's been asking about you ever since she woke up,"

"She's awake?" D.O's eyes grew wide, his knees almost dropping on the ground from the good news.

"Of course, I am!" Someone shouted. A voice he feared he would never hear again.

Kyungsoo ran, as if he regained all his strength and hugged Jino.

"Jino-yaaaa! I'm so sorry!" D.O. said.

"You owe me a story. Why were you there with Daehyun and Youngjae?" Jino asked. "I may have hit my head so har, but I didn't forget that!!"

Kyungsoo's smile faded and he shyly looked at Jino's mom.

"Oh, I'll leave you for a while. I'm just... Just going to get you guys some snacks. And I'll go look for her doctor,"

"Thanks mom," Jino said.

"Jino... I have to ask you something," D.O looked at Jino's eyes sternly. "Tell me honestly if I am not going crazy together with Su Ho, Sehun and Baekhyun,"

Jino's mouth hung open. "You're one of them? My bestfriend and my seatmate all this time was one of the twelve?"

"You know it too? EXO Planet?" D.O. Was amused that it all wasn't a lie, and that he was not going crazy.

Jino nodded and chuckled. "But how? How are you part of the tweve? And who told you about EXO Planet?"

"Su Ho hyung. I talked to him. That's what happened Jino. I felt bad that I didn't realize quickly that it was B.A.P. who almost killed you in that pool. I didn't realize that Daehyun and Youngjae was that bad. That day, I was losing control of myself because of anger. I then discover this weird capability of mine... My power is too strong for me to handle and I caused the mess in school. I was responsible for the earthquake Jino. If you never woke up, I'd really be blaming myself for this. I'm so sorry, in so many reasons. I really am,"

"It's fine," Jino tapped D.O's shoulder. "It's not your fault,"

"But I destroyed the school because of my anger. I didn't know what I'm capable of until now... When I got unconscious, my dream was telling me that you're a princess... Is it really true?"

"All of you said received the same messages in your dream... So maybe it is true, I just don't understand how. What did the woman told you? What power are you capable of?"

"Earth and Strength." D.O snickered feeling dreamy about the power he got.

"Really? So far we have water, light, wind, and earth... I wonder what else are there?"  Jino asked, thinking by herself.

Kyungsoo was quite dumbfounded but he tried to trust what Jino was saying because he saw himself became unusually strong. He suddeny chuckled.

"Why?" Jino asked.

Kyungsoo patted Jino's head. "You're alive. I felt so scared when I couldn't hear from you. I'm just happy talking to you again,"

"Did Suho told you it was B.A.P. who bullied you?" He asked, a little bit hesitant.

"Yes... But... I tried not to tell you because i know you'd be mad at the two guys. You trusted them and I don't want to ruin that friendship just because of me,"

Kyungsoo patted Jino's shoulder. "You didn't have to hide it, Jino. You didn't have to protect our friendship to cover up for the wrong things they did. I'd be more than grateful to know their true colors,"

Jino sighed, but then another important thought came into her mind. "Omo, the detention! How are they doing?" Jino asked.

"I'm not really sure," Kyungsoo looked on the ground. "They're still trying to figure out what the EXO Planet is all about without the book,"

"How about the school? What happened to the damages?" Jino asked.

"We're in a short break for now, as the school renovates the damages. But..." D.O. got something from his bag. It was a white paper that was folded into three. "This is a letter from school, I'm sure they sent one to your mom as well,"

Jino read the short letter written on the white paper:

 

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Do,

Greetings of peace!

We regret to inform you that classes will be temporarily cancelled due to the recent calamity causing some of the amenities and facilities of the school damaged. However, classes will resume at a different area which will be in El Dorado Hotel, Jeju Island. We have already coordinated with the Park Luxury Cruises for the transportation both sponsored by the Park Group of Companies.

We understand that the earthquake may have brought deep tremor to students who might have been physically injured and affected by the earthquake, so we made sure that we chose the right site to resume the classes. In line with this, the Park Group of Companies donated the cruiseship and offered their hotel to be used by the school, for free.

We deeply apologize for the major inconvenience. Please feel free to contact the school for clarifications regarding this matter.

Thank you.

 

"What? We're going away from here? We're moving out? It's going to be like boarding school?" Jino asked in shock.

"I might have to keep myself away from here," D.O forced a smile on his lips.

"What? Why?" Jino asked.

"I'm the cause of destruction. If I wasn't inside the building messing up things, you wouldn't be here,"

"No, it was my choice for being there and for being here,"

"It was my fault, Jino. I don't know if I really should believe it but it was me who caused the earthquake. I don't get it, nor understand it but I have to keep myself away from you to keep you safe,"

"Kyungsoo," Jino held D.O's hand. "You have to stay with me to save me. You have control over these capabilities. You have to trust me. I know you're confused. I'm also confused. But we'll figure it out together, okay? We just have to trust each other,"

D.O. hugged Jino, almost bringing him to tears. "Thank you, Jino. I don't really want to be away from you. I just wanted you to be safe,"

Suddenly, someone cleared his throat. D.O pulled away and saw Hyori.

D.O quickly stood and gave a formal bow to Hyori, kneeling on the floor and looking on the ground. "I-I swear to God that I don't have any malicious intentions towards your daughter and I am willing to marry her if she's not to be touched,"

Hyori was overwhelmed and looked at D.O. There was an awkward atmosphere until Jino and Hyori suddenly burst out laughing.

D.O. looked up as Hyori held his shoulders.

"Mom, this is Do Kyungsoo, my very first friend in Seoul University. I'm sure I've talked about him a lot to you,"

"Oh, I'm pleased to meet you, Kyungsoo. You should stand up, my dear," Hyori said.

D.O. stood, eyes larger than a deer's. "T-Thank you and I'm sorry I hugged her,"

"It's okay, friends do that," Hyori chuckled. "I'm really thankful that you've been such a caring friend to my daughter,"

D.O scratched his head. "I will promise I'll take care of her as long as I'm with her,"

"You're such a kind friend and you look cute," Hyori chuckled.

D.O blushed with the compliment and chuckled as well.

Suddenly a doctor came. It was Kai's father.

"Annyeonghaseyo," They all greeted.

"I just came here to check Jino-sshi. It's really interesting how she quickly recovered from that crucial stage. Usually, people having knocked by a facade from an earthquake experiences coma for weeks or months. Yours is a miracle," The doctor explained while checking Jino's vital signs.

"Thank you so much but is it really okay for us not to pay that much?" Her mom asked, amazed by the doctor's charity.

"Well, since she had a real fast recovery, there's nothing to worry about the expenses. Plus, yours is a special case and we might need to use this case for further studies. So would it be fine to have your test results used by the hospital Jino-sshi?"

"That would be grea-" Jino was about to agree but her mom cut her off.

"We're so lucky to have been accommodated by a generous doctor. However, I don't want to use my daughter for experimentation. I hope you understand that,"

"Well, we're not going to do an experiment on her, but only on her test results. I'll give you a short while to think about it. It may save people in such state of calamity," The doctor clarified and walked away.

"Isn't that Jongin's dad?" D.O asked.

"Really?" Jino exclaimed, wondering if Kai ever visited her. "But mom, why did you decline the offer? It's just my test results anyway,"

"You don't need to do that, dear. I'm afraid that if their study failed, they will ask more from you. And I don't want any component from your body being a source of that experimentation. This isn't safe," Hyori explained.

"But mom, it will save people, as what the doctor said," Jino said. She doesn't know why, but she wanted to try for the sake of the people around her.

"Jino," Her mom sighed. If Jino only knew. If she only knew what their bodies are capable of. If she only knew what lies inside their bodies that differs from a human being.

"Well my mom also declined the offer for the same reason," D.O. butted in, trying to defend Hyori's reason on Jino.

A sudden knock came cutting the whole conversation off. D.O got the door, only to see Jino's friends come in the hospital.

Su Ho was holding a cake with Xiumin. Jackson had his arms wrapped around BamBam and Tao, who were holding some white plastic bags. Baekhyun and V were next to each other, chuckling over something. They almost looked like twins, or brothers. Sehun, Jungkook and Lay held some balloons.

Even Kris was there, together with Jr., JB and Mark who were holding the party poppers, crowding Jino's little room. Chanyeol was also there even though they weren't that close. He was laughing with Chen, maybe trying to fit in the group.

What was very surprising for her was Jinra, Boram, Baek Ah, Hyein and Sooyoung were next to each other, even exchanging smiles to each other.

Have they already settled their issues?

But there were no signs of Kai.

Although he wasn't there, it felt good to see all her friends together. It was almost like a dream, only that she could pinch herself and totally prove that this was real.

Everyone was together, united and at peace. Like there were no issues between them.

"Welcome back, Jino!" Su Ho said.

"Thanks a lot guys," Jino said. "You even bought a cake,"

"To celebrate you from recovering back! We were so worried about you," Baek Ah said.

"The funny thing is, we almost became best friends with your mom for being a regular visitor here," Baekhyun added.

Jino looked at her mom and she smiled at her. "Your friends are right. I'm so thankful for their thoughtfulness,"

"Should we start the celebration?" D.O. asked.

"Yes!" Chen said and started popping the party poppers in which JB, Jr. and Mark followed.

"Oops, let me take a picture!" Suddenly, Suga popped out of nowhere.

"This guy is such a stalker, and it's creeping me out!" Jinra said, eyes wide from shock.

"I think it's cool," Sooyoung said.

"I thought I was the coolest?" Jungkook suddenly whispered.

"Oops, sorry Kookie, you're the coolest," Sooyoung said and pinched his cheek.

"Gross," Baek Ah said and rolled her eyes.

Jino chuckled at the sight of her friends. And then a thought came into her mind.

EXO Planet. And the book.

When can she unite the twelve element holders?

"Guys, come on show me those smiles! 1, 2, 3!" Suga counted and the camera flashed.

"Hey," Jino held Jinra and Baek Ah's hands. "How are you guys?"

"Well... A lot of things happened while you're all sleeping beauty here," Jinra replied.

"In other words, Jinra and Boram finally forgave me!" Baek Ah said.

"Really?"

"Yeah we figured out we should get over those immature things," Jinra said and smiled to Baek Ah.

"That's great," Jino giggled.

 

The night passed by in the hospital, with smiles plastered on Hyori and Jino's face.

"I'm happy that you're back and we'll come home tomorrow,"

"Oh... About coming home... Kyungsoo told me something about the school..."

"Don't worry, one of your friends already gave the school letter to me. That was actually so generous of the school and the sponsors,"

"My friends were doing all these stuff while I was asleep?" Jino thought everything was too special for her.

Hyori smiled. "Your friends are wonderful. They're so thoughtful,"

Jino chuckled. "Now you know I am not alone in school and my friends are caring and thoughtful,"

"But I think someone was missing..."

"Who?"

"The dark kid who consistently gave our meals to us for free. I think he's too shy, I always see him but he never approached me so I did. And he was also the one who gave me the school letter," Jino's mom described in wonder.

"Dark kid?" Jino tried to think who it was. He only knew one person who had a finely tanned skin. Kim Jong In. "He's here?"

Her mom nodded. "Who is he? I forgot his name. When he gave me the letter earlier this morning I tried to ask what was his name again, but then he didn't want to give his name because he said he wanted to surprise you when you wake up,"

"Surprise me?" Jino asked again. By the story of her mom, it doesn't seem like it was Kai. He was never that friendly.

"I thought he'll be coming a while ago when your friends were here, but I haven't seen him,"

"Mom, can you give me a pencil and my notebook?" Jino asked. There was one way to know.

"Okay," Her mom handed her the things she asked for.

She quickly drew Kai's face on the paper, making her mother shocked.

"Is this the guy you're talking about?" Jino asked.

"Yes, that's him!" Her mom chuckled.

Why was he there? Was it because his father's here? Was it because they own the hospital?

Or was it because of her?

"My dear, you draw so well just like your father. I wish he's seeing this tonight," her mom cut her off from her trail of thoughts.

By the thought of his long lost father, whom she had never seen ever since she opened her eyes in Earth, a question came in her mind...

"Mom... Do you know EXO Planet?" Jino asked.

Her mom smiled at her. "Hush, dear. I think you need some rest," She whispered.

And then Jino felt drowsy, until her eyes closed to sleep.

 

Jino woke up to the sound of her cellphone's alarm clock. The cellphone Kai gave her. She looked around but her mom's nowhere to be found.

Was it a dream? Was it just a dream when her mom told her that Kai visited her? And what is the big deal anyway?

"Jino," Her mom suddenly came inside the door, cutting her trail of thoughts.

"Mom," Jino greeted.

"We're going to leave this hospital today! Haven't you felt all these medical wires taken out from your body a few minutes ago?" Her mom said excitedly.

"No, mom," She chuckled.

"Good, I mean, you've had enough good sleep dear," Hyori took some clothes out of their bag. "Here, change your clothes,"

"Thanks mom,"

Jino changed her clothes, clueless that she asked her last question to her mother last night.