THE SCORPION AND LIGHTNING ELEMENT

EXO Planet: The Lost Sons and Princess

The sun's glimmering light woke Jinra up, realizing that she was still outside her room. But Tao wasn't there anymore.

 

Only a bunch of red roses scattered on the floor, surrounding her. They had thorns and for sure Tao wasn't there when it arrived.

 

There was a white card in front of her. Just like the white card from BTS' Proposal Rose.

 

Out of curiosity, she opened the card. There weren't any names except for two words.

 

넌 내꺼.

(You're mine.)

 

"Who the heck is this?" Jinra thought. She then crampled the paper and threw it away, together with the roses scattered around her.

 

 

At the dining hall, the students were gathered again for another festive breakfast.

 

"So did you see whose the rose from?" Baek Ah asked.

 

"Don't care about it," Jinra plainly said, chugging down on her bowl of cereal.

 

Suddenly, BTS came in the cafeteria, earning their whole attention. Jinra tried to focus on her food. But she looked at them again, thinking of the words she wanted to spill to dump whoever guy gave her the rose...

 

Until a wink distracted her.

 

"Eew! Did Rap Monster just winked at you?!" Baek Ah exclaimed.

 

"Wait does that mean that it was Rap Monster who likes you?" Hyein asked.

 

"I don't know," Jinra said, losing all her courage to get it straight with the boys. "And I already told you, I don’t care," she tried to shrug the thoughts off so hard just to eat her breakfast peacefully. 

 

"You have to be careful, Jinra," D.O. warned.

 

"HELP! Anyone knows where the clinic is?!" Jackson suddenly exclaimed in the cafeteria.

 

Jino and the others quickly ran towards him, and some other students.

 

"What happened Jackson?" Baek Ah asked. "Where's Mark?!"

 

"While we were looking for a good practice room, we found Huang Zi Tao knocked out on the ground! You remember, the waiter in the pub?"

 

Jinra quickly turned her gaze to BTS, who was eating their food. Suddenly, J-Hope smirked and waved at her.

 

"These stupid bastar-" She was about to pounce on them but then someone came across her way.

 

"You must be enjoying the spotlight today," Yejin said, arms crossed on her chest. "Just want to inform you that you're the hotel's superstar today. Those pictures were cute," she then continued walking to the cafeteria.

 

"Pictures? What pictures?" Jinra asked.

 

"At the lobby," Yejin chuckled. She then walked her way towards Luhan. Meanwhile, Jino’s eyes followed where Yejin was walking until her eyes met Luhan's.

 

She quickly cut it off, shrugging her thoughts about Luhan’s offer about getting closer to Kai and followed her friends to look for Jinra's photos.

 

 

"Ooh, not bad Jinra! You look good together!" Baek Ah complimented and giggled as she saw the pictures on the billboard which showed Jinra sleeping soundly on Tao's shoulder.

 

Soo Young nudged Baek Ah's side and gave her a look.

 

“Oops, sorry,” Baek Ah said and puckered her lips.

 

"Who took this anyway?" D.O. asked.

 

"Suga! I'll go get that papparazzi's camera and throw it towards the other side of Jeju Island!" Jinra said in frustration.

 

"Impossible. The person who took this photo is probably a girl. Boys stay in the 23rd and 24th floors and girls stay at the 21st and 22nd floor. The hotel provided a strict guidance to guard the elevators and staircases during the curfew hour, which means the boys, not even Suga, can go down to the females’ rooms where you stayed, Jinra." Boram said.

 

"Maybe we can ask to check on the CCTV camera?" Sehun suggested.

 

"That's a good idea, Sehun," Hyein complimented.

 

"Thanks a lot babe," Sehun wink.

 

"SHUT. UP." Hyein said and walked away. The others followed, as Hyein led the way towards the monitoring room.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" They all greeted as they walked inside the room.

 

The guard greeted back with a smile. "How may I help you, students?"

 

"Oh, we just wanted to check the video footage last night around the time you open the lights in our hallway?"

 

"That's around 4AM. But, may I know why?" He asked.

 

"Somebody was messing up with me," Jinra sighed. "Someone took shots of me and maliciously put some meaning onto it,"

 

"Aigoo high school kids nowadays," The guard murmured to himself and started checking the videos last night.

 

"Around 4AM you say?" The guard asked and Jinra nodded. He then moved the video backwards and the lights were on.

 

"This was us!" Jinra pointed a clip towards the hallway where they are focused.

 

"Why were you two together?!" The guard asked hysterically.

 

"It's a long story," Jinra replied.

 

"But they look good together, right?" Baek Ah said.

 

"Yeah, I can feel the sparks around them," Soo Young teased.

 

"Will you guys shut up?! We're just sleeping. And we didn't even wanted to sleep there," Jinra denied, her arms already crossed. Her eyes were still focused on the video.

 

"I'll fast forward the video so that we may see who suddenly comes out of the camera," the guard said and Jinra permitted him to do so. He then clicked the fast forward button...

 

"Stop!" Boram commanded and the guard paused the video at 4:57AM.

 

Someone was out. A short-haired girl. Fancy pajamas that looked like...

 

"Jino?" Hyein asked. "No, I'm sorry it must have been another girl,"

 

"I wasn't up at that time, I swear," Jino said.

 

"I was the first one to wake up and I even woke Jino up. It wasn't her!" Baek Ah defended.

 

"Then who is this?" Jinra asked. Her face looked so shocked yet her eyes tell that she's very confused.

 

"It wasn't me. I don't know who did this. I received this pajamas as a gift from someone..." Jino uttered, confused as Jinra was.

 

"I could ask my cousin to tell the staff for a search. What do you think?" Hyein asked.

 

"Yeah, you should! That wasn't Jino!" D.O. defended.

 

"Would that be okay?" Jinra asked.

 

"Of course!" Hyein said. "I'll go call him now,"

 

“Thank you. I gotta look for Tao first,” Jinra said worriedly.

 

“I’ll come with you,” Jino said and they both ran going to the hotel’s clinic.

 

 

As Jino and Hyein ran inside the clinic, they quickly searched for Tao, who looked so peaceful as he slept soundly on one of the clinic’s bed.

 

“I guess he didn’t get enough sleep last night because he couldn’t go back to his room and I feel like it was all my fault...” Jinra mumbled as he looked at Tao’s bruises on his face.

 

“I’m okay,” Tao mumbled while his eyes stayed close. “No need for self-loathing,”

 

“Ya, Huang Zi Tao! What happened?” Jino asked.

 

Tao slowly opened his eyes. “It was my choice to go there and warn Jinra. I know what I’m doing so don’t worry,” Tao flashed a small smile to Jino.

 

He knew what he was doing. And from that, Jino knew too that Tao predicted what was going to happen.

 

“Do you, by any chance, know who took the pictures?” Jino asked, thinking if Tao also predicted that coming.

 

Jinra cut them off by a sudden laugh. “Why would even Tao know that, he was a victim too, Jino, and he was sleeping soundly beside me,”

 

Tao and Jino looked at each other like they had to speak privately, and gave out a maniacal laugh, as if trying to convince Jinra that it was such a dumb question,

 

“Uhm, yeah, sorry stupid question,” Jino said.

 

“I’m sorry about this Tao, really,” Jinra said.

 

“I’m alright, stop saying sorry because it wasn’t your fault, okay?” Tao said. “Uhm, Jinra, I have a favor to ask,”

 

“Anything!” Jinra beamed.

 

“Please ask my roommate, Oh Sehun to help me get some of my notes today,”

 

“Okay!” Jinra said and raced to the clinic’s door.

 

“Jino, I’m sorry. I haven’t seen this coming. I only saw myself getting beaten up by BTS, but I didn’t know someone would take photos of us.” Tao sighed in disbelief. “I also didn’t know that I would be sleeping at that hallway with Jinra. Maybe, I sort of changed the outcome. Because I give out warnings, the future is bound to change in small ways. Maybe my predictions are not too accurate at all. And I figured out I’ve been using this too much, my body’s getting drained too. I guess I have my limits,”

 

“It’s fine Tao. You’re doing a great job. You’re helping a lot of people,” Jino gave out a reassuring smile.

 

“No, I think this could get dangerous too.” Tao pushed himseld up, so his back could lean on the headboard of his bed. “What if I keep on butting in other people’s business? The direction of the future may not be the only thing affected but also the things that may happen in the present. It’s hard thinking of the outcome without knowing what’s going to happen at present Jino. I can’t use this often, it’s too dangerous to move against fate,”

 

Jino looked at him sternly and nodded, understanding Tao’s point. “You’re right, we can’t just change what is about to happen. And you don’t have to force yourself to do this often.”

 

 

The search for the girl who pretended to look like Jino started in the evening. The guards started looking at the different ladies' rooms.

 

The night passed by and the dinner started. Everyone was indulging into the hotel's excellent menu, when an announcement came at Jino's table, who was enjoying her dinner with their friends.

 

"Ms. Jinra? We have found another pair of pajamas from one of the girls' rooms," one of the staff from El Dorado said.

 

"We found it at Room Number 2105, Cabinet B."

 

"I-I'm sorry?" Baek Ah asked.

 

“Room 2105, Cabinet B. We also found a wig,”

 

"Th-There must be a mistake! That’s our room number and that’s my cabinet! It cannot be me!!!" Baek Ah looked at Jino's eyes who quickly looked away and down to the ground.

 

Jinra snickered. "You never changed, Byun Baek Ah," She crossed her arms and walked towards her. "You're still immature! I’m so tired of your playful tricks that doesn’t even make sense!" Jinra was about to slap Baek Ah’s face but Boram was furious enough to stop Jinra.

 

“Jinra, please calm down,” Boram pleaded.

 

"I didn't do it, I swear!" Baek Ah defended.

 

"I don't get it. You want to ruin our friendship? So you befriended us?" Boram asked.

 

"It wasn't me! I won't do that to Jino!! Please believe me!" Baek Ah said, eyes filled with tears.

 

"I-I'm sorry... I don't get any of these either," Jino said and walked out of the dining hall.

 

"What's the matter with you?" Kyungsoo asked Baek Ah in disgust and followed Jino.

 

The others followed leaving Baek Ah, together with Mark.

 

Baek Ah looked at Mark, as if asking for help. "Are you on their side too?"

 

"I'm not on anyone's side, Baek Ah. There are no sides here,"

 

"There shouldn't be, but it seems like everyone is taking someone else's side. Look at them! They're trusting someone they do not know! They're trusting someone who's accusing me of betrayal! Is this what friendship is?" Baek Ah said, tears falling on her cheek.

 

"Baek Ah, you have to give them time to understand," Mark said and patted her shoulder. "You don't have to prove them that you didn't do it. Eventually, truth will come out. If it really isn’t you, you don’t need to worry. We’ll also find a way, alright?”

 

"Okay," Baek Ah nodded and hugged Mark.

 

 

Night came. Everyone were off to their beds except for Baek Ah, who was at the hotel's bar, pondering.

 

"Ya, student! You're a minor and we're not allowed to give drinks to minors!"

 

"Call this hotel's owner and I'm sure he'll laugh at you," Baek Ah rolled her eyes. "Give me my tequilla, please?"

 

"But-"

 

"Don't give it to her," A deep voice said. "What are you doing here, Baek Ah?"

 

Baek Ah turned and it was Chanyeol. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Looking around," Chanyeol said. He looked serious, but Baek Ah just snickered at it.

 

"Looking around for girls," She said in a soft voice.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. "Want me to show you around?"

 

"No, thanks. Just give me my tequilla. Or whatever drink you got there."

 

"Hey, Hiro," Chanyeol called one of the baristas at the bar. He was Japanese who looked older than Chanyeol and he had a stern look on his face.

 

"How are the preparations in the Blast Magazine Event going?" 

 

"Sir we have coordinated with their sponsors, but three of them haven't been responding so we couldn't finalize the planned venue," He replied, his Korean accent sounds a little bit awkward but the grammar was fluent already.

 

"Didn't I tell you to update them?" Chanyeol asked, his tone of voice sounds a bit agitated.

 

"But they insisted to see you for approval. Should we cancel their invitation as sponsors?"

 

"No, we'll be needing them as business partners too. I'll be seeing them. Send me an email regarding the contact details to my secretary asap, alright?" Chanyeol ordered.

 

It was the first time Baek Ah see Chanyeol so serious. When she left South Korea before, Chanyeol had a very different image - one who's very carefree, young and playful. But the Park Chanyeol she's seeing right now wasn't the one she used to be with. Had he gone better when she left?

 

"Yes sir, but..." Hiro suddenly spoke in Japanese. "I don't think Fuko Company would cooperate. I know their CEO isn't very fond of this."

 

"Well he's very fond of girls," Chanyeol replied in Japanese too, looking at Baek Ah from head to toe.

 

"H-Hey! I CAN STILL UNDERSTAND YOU! S-Stop staring at me like that! What do you want?" Baek Ah asked in Japanese.

 

"Let's just say... We both need each other right now," Chanyeol said winking at her while crossing his arms on his chest. "Are you free tomorrow night?"

 

 

 

It wasn't really a good morning for Jino, when she opened her eyes. She looked at the bed beside her, where Baek Ah was sleeping soundly. She wanted to wake her like the usual, but she couldn't. It was not because she didn't believe her or trust her anymore; it's just that she couldn't think straight with all that's happening to her. Someone must have really hate her for doing that. If it really isn't Baek Ah, then who else could it be?

 

Another thing is that she still hasn’t solved the mystery on the blank pages on the book of EXO Planet. She couldn’t find answers, and until now, she’s clueless.

 

 

As soon as the announcement from the speakers of the hotel came as a sign that it was time for class, the students gathered at their classrooms.

 

Baek Ah came in running and luckily she was just on time. As she walked in the door, the room was filled with murmurs of the incident about the girl who took pictures of Tao and Jinra and who pretended to be like Jino.

 

"Ya, she had the nerve to come in class when she betrayed two of her classmates? Daebak!" One of the students said.

 

"She's still the same girl we met a few years ago. Don't act so surprised!" Another girl said.

 

"Ya!" Baek Ah slapped the latter's desk with her book and crossed her arms. "Fine, talk about me the whole day. Believe the rumors. Believe everything you hear. I bet that when I explain myself, you wouldn't listen to me either! Because neither of my friends did."

 

Boram and Jinra looked at each other, as if Baek Ah’s words shot them like bullets. Meanwhile Jino looked down, feeling guilty and curious at the same time. Who did it?

 

The teacher suddenly came in while clearing his throat, signaling for everyone to settle down.

 

As Baek Ah went to her seat, she saw sticky notes on her table saying things such as: "user", "mean girl", etc. she quickly took them all and crampled it, wanting to throw it away towards anybody else who stared at it. "Saem, can I just say a few words?"

 

"What is it Ms. Byun Baek Ah?" The homeroom teacher asked. "I thought you're in detention today?"

 

"What do you mean saem?" Baek Ah asked.

 

"Haven't you received the principal's letter for you? She wants to see you," The homeroom teacher said.

 

Baek Ah stared at her classmates who laughed at her mockingly. She clenched her fist and threw all the sticky notes to the girls who laughed at her.

 

"I don't care, saem. I'm Byun Baek Ah after all. Whoever laughs at me, will beg for my forgiveness soon. Plus, why would I be punished for something I haven't done?"

 

"Byun Baek Ah!" The teacher shouted in rage. 

 

"What?" Baek Ah asked in rage.

 

"Go see me at my office after class!" The teacher’s voice raised a little higher.

 

"Wow!" Baek Ah laughed. She suddenly walked out of the class. "Let me give you an ‘honest alibi’ saem. I'm not feeling well. Sorry, goodbye!"

 

"Ya! Ya! Byun Baek Ah! I'll definitely report that kid to the disciplinarian!" He held his forehead and sighed.

 

"How dare she do that in front of the class?" Jinra said and crossed her arms on her chest.

 

"What's up with her?" Boram asked.

 

Jinra snickered. “She’s really, really back to her old self,”

 

"I told you before, Jino." Kyungsoo held Jino's shoulder. "You shouldn't be friends with her..."

 

Jino looked at Kyungsoo apologetically. She suddenly stood. "I-I'm sorry saem. I'm not feeling well either!" She suddenly walked out of the class.

 

As she continued running through the hallway, suddenly an arm pulled her. "What are you doing?" It was Kai. "You're cutting class?"

 

"J-Jongin..." Jino muttered.

 

He was holding his bag, and it seemed like he was late for class. "Why do you look as if you've seen a ghost? Or are you surprised to see me in the morning?"

 

"N-Nothing. I'm not feeling well..."

 

"I heard what happened. I've told you not to get close to Baek Ah," Kai said sternly.

 

"But I don't think it was her..." Jino mumbled.

 

"All the evidences points to her. Are you dumb? Or do you want to hurt yourself again by believing all her lies?"

 

"She's very sweet and kind, I don't think she'll ever do that to me..." Jino said, and she felt tears forming in her eyes. This was the first time she felt so confused, so hopeless, and so betrayed.

 

"She can do that. Baek Ah is two-faced. You'll never know what's her plan whenever she's nice to you. Can't you be a little careful, Jino?"

 

"W-Why do you care?" Jino pushed Kai's hand away from her. "You don't even consider me as your....... friend," Jino's voice cracked when she said the word 'friend' without knowing why.

 

"Okay. Do whatever you want," Kai said and let go of her hand. “I’ve been warning you a lot of times and you’re too stubborn to follow,”

 

“Because you keep on telling me what to do and you won’t even consider how would I feel! You are such a complicated person Kim Jong In. I know you’re really nice but you’re putting this awkward wall between us. Can’t you see it? You’re two-faced as well! One moment you’re too concerned and the next thing I’d hear is you don’t wanna be friends with me! Stop playing with me, I don’t need your sympathy!” Jino pushed Jong In and ran away, feeling her tears drop to her cheeks.

 

She couldn’t understand why she had to cry, and she felt bad for spitting out hateful words towards Kai.

 

And as much as Kai wanted to catch her, he didn’t want to mess it up again towards an innocent girl.

 

 

Baek Ah walked out of the hotel, but then the guards stopped her.

 

“Sorry, but we still imply the rules in school. We can’t let you go out of the premises without a teacher’s consent miss,” the guard strictly said.

 

“Let her go, I’m with her,” Chanyeol suddenly came walking towards the entrance of the hotel.

 

“Oh, we apologize Mr. Park,” the guards bowed and they let Baek Ah and Chanyeol out of the hotel.

 

“How the heck are you supposed to study here oppa?!” Baek Ah asked.

 

Chanyeol chucked. “Wow it’s the first time you called me ‘oppa’ again for years!”

 

Suddenly, a black Lamborghini Huracan Coupe came in front of them. Turns out, it was Chanyeol’s, as the driver went down and gave the keys to Chanyeol.

 

Baek Ah was stunned, not because the car was Chanyeol’s but because this means that Chanyeol’s going to cut classes again.

 

“You’re incredibly lazy,” Baek Ah said.

 

“And you’re coming with me, with my type of lazy,” Chanyeol said and opened the passenger’s seat door for Baek Ah.

 

Baek Ah went in and Chanyeol started the engine on the driver’s seat. He then pushed a button which automatically opened the roof.

 

“You know what I like?” Chanyeol asked. “Fast cars and fresh wind,”

 

“I don’t care about what you like anymore,” Baek Ah rolled her eyes. “It’s like you’re kidnapping me,”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. He put Baek Ah’s seatbelt on and his seatbelt on as well. He suddenly drove off, his pace unimaginably fast.

 

Baek Ah felt the rush of wind to her face, making her freak out. “What the heck?! YA WE’RE NOT ON A FREAKING RACE!!!”

 

“Well, sorry, you’re buckled up on Chanyeol’s car and you got nothing to do anymore but shut up,” Chanyeol blurted out.

 

 

Meanwhile in El Dorado, the students gathered around the dining area for lunch.

 

“Have you seen Jino? I checked the clinic and she wasn’t there at all,” Kyungsoo asked Jinra, who was eating her heart out on the lunch she got from the buffet.

 

“Well Baek Ah acted out once more and earned Jino’s trust,” Jinra rolled her eyes. “She probably influenced Jino to just cut classes and listen to her alibis and drama,”

 

“Will you cut it off?!” Hyein annoyingly demanded. “Can’t we just, for once, listen to Baek Ah’s side? We’ve been friends after all, right? Can’t you remember how she tried earning your trust when Jino almost died of the earthquake? All she did was say ‘let’s do this to make Jino feel better when she wakes up’. All she thought of was Jino, to the point that she gave up her pride just to recall the things she did on you and say sorry! And now you guys are accusing her of something that even her face says she’s clueless of it? I cannot stand hearing this out. And maybe Jino can’t too that’s why she left,” Hyein stood and held her tray of food and walked towards another table.

 

There was silence in their table. It wasn’t an awkward silence but it was one of the moments wherein one can realize that silence is inevitable.

 

“Hey Jinra,” Suga suddenly came.

 

Jinra felt heat on her cheeks as she felt her blood rising up to her head. Seeing the guys who beat up Tao made her feel disgusted about them. Especially when she remembers Tao’s condition when she visited him in the clinic. It was too much that his face was covered with bruises, he even had to skip classes yesterday. 

 

“What do you guys want from me?!” Jinra asked and stood. “You guys ruined everything!” In a millisecond, her fist landed on Suga’s cheek and everyone inside the room was silent.

 

“What the-“ Kyungsoo exclaimed, his eyes so wide it could almost pop out of its sockets.

 

“No, you didn’t do that,” Boram whispered.

 

Slow footsteps came near the table where Jinra and her friends were seated.

 

“I’m impressed,” Rap Monster chuckled as he walked slowly towards Jinra together with his friends.

 

J-Hope laughed at Suga and patted his head which the latter annoyingly pushed away. Suddenly, Jin walked a little bit faster than the other guys, then took off the bandage on his hand and got Jinra’s hand, but she quickly pushed Jin’s hand away.

 

They suddenly earned howls but then Jin glared at everyone, causing the crowd to keep quiet again.

 

He silently got Jinra’s hand again and wrapped the bandage on her hand. “You don’t have to be afraid of roses and its thorns, you know,”

 

He then walked out of the room, leaving Jinra dumbfounded and his other friends behind.

 

Jinra felt blood rush to her cheeks as the other guys started walking out as well. She felt so mad earlier but she couldn’t help but hear the thumps inside her chest and she felt guilty about it. After all that happened, what the hell was she feeling?

 

“I told you, they’re not that bad at all!” Soo Young wrapped an arm around Jinra and winked. “My super cutie boyfriend Kookie was the sweetest among them, but I didn’t know that silent Jin-oppa has that charm too!”

 

“God, Soo Young why are you so cringy-in love with that middle schooler?” Kyungsoo asked sheepishly.

 

“Because he loves me as much as I do,” Sooyoung said almost squealing. “Aww, look at you Jinra, you’re blushing!”

 

“I’m not. It’s from anger,” Jinra denied. “We gotta find Jino. We need to talk to her.”

 

 

The lunch break for the students in El Dorado was almost over, and most tables were empty already. Most students are busy tidying themselves up for the next class, but as for some, it’s time to wonder where your other friends are.

 

“Ya, help me,” Baekhyun said as he sat beside D.O. “We need to trace my sister,”

 

“What?” D.O asked agitatedly. “Don’t you know what’s going on? She just tried messing up with Jino,”

 

“I know my sister D.O, and she won’t do something like that,” Baekhyun defended.

 

“Then what the heck happened?” D.O. asked again, raising his voice. “You think we’re dumb kids to know your two-faced sister’s useless tricks?”

 

“Don’t you dare call her that! She’s not like that!” Baekhyun stood and pointed at D.O.

 

“Yeah, maybe you’re still blind to see what’s really happening here,” D.O also stood, ready to fight Baekhyun.

 

“D.O! D.O!!!” Choi Youngjae, one of the members of the music club came in the cafeteria running and sweaty, cutting off the tension between D.O and Baekhyun. “D.O, big trouble! It’s Chen hyung!”

 

“What?” D.O asked. “What happened to him?”

 

“The reason why he’s acting all weird since the moment we got here was because of Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae hyung!” Choi Youngjae panicked. “I’m scared. It might be the end of our team,”

 

“I haven’t spoken to him at all. The last time we talked was when I was in the hospital...” D.O mumbled and recalled their last conversation...

 

 

“Ya, what happened back there with you?” Chen asked as he sat on the chair beside D.O’s hospital bed. “I remember that it was after our meeting when the earthquake happened. And I remember that you told me you had to talk with Yoo Youngjae and Daehyunie,”

 

D.O. kept silent. He didn’t know what to tell their club president. He knew that Chen was very firm on the day that he wanted the small music group to stay away from such mess. He loves the group so much that he poured out his heart and soul to give the best training to s, hence, requesting to get the best trainers for the school’s music club from the school. Although it was a small group, he treated it like it was his family.

 

“Jino was involved too, which makes me worry even more. She was a nice friend,” Chen added.

 

“Well hyung, it’s nothing much to worry about. I was just stuck in there,” Kyungsoo said, trying his best not to look like he’s hiding something.

 

“I just heard that B.A.P’s becoming active again, I’m worried that Daehyun and Youngjae found their way back to that gang,” Chen muttered. “Although I quite joke around, I don’t really like the fact that my members do such things in order for them to get what they want. We’re already a small group D.O, not even the school pays attention to us not unless we shout our voices out for help. And I’m worried that if we face such individual issues, our club might be pulled out. Can you even imagine that?” 

 

“Ya! Do Kyungsoo!” Youngjae called, snapping out D.O from his trail of thoughts. “We gotta go find him. We need meeting right now before the lunch break ends!”

 

“Alright, let’s go,” D.O said, without even saying a word to Baekhyun.

 

But out of curiosity, Baekhyun followed them as well.

 

 

As strong as the wind at the hotel’s rooftop, Chen could only look at Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae as they kept on apologizing to him and Jino. 

 

“We’re very sorry,” Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae bowed.

 

“You should have been, ever since you almost killed one student just to protect BAP,” Chen said, and a clash of mad thunder roared beneath the blue clouds.

 

“I’m alright Chen oppa, you don’t need to do this,” Jino said. She was just wandering around the hotel earlier, trying to get some fresh air from all the issues today when she found Chen lecturing Daehyun and Youngjae at the hotel’s rooftop.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae stood straight and looked at the skies to check if it was about to rain.

 

“Maybe we should talk ins-“ Daehyun was about to suggest to go inside the hotel, as it seems like it was about to rain but Chen stopped him together with another thunder and lightning.

 

“Now that our music club’s been pulled out, I have no other reason to be friends with persons like you, who’d rather take an innocent life just to protect their image,” Chen said.

 

“Hey, what’s going on?” D.O asked as he came running with Choi Youngjae and Baekhyun. “Jino? You’re here too? We were looking for you!”

 

But then, Baekhyun’s sharp eyes noticed something. “D-D.O, look. Chen’s hand...” He whispered ay D.O.

 

D.O’s eyes focused at Chen’s hand, which discharged some small electric-like sparks as if something was about to come out of it. It wasn’t too bright, and it comes off for a few seconds but sparks again.

 

D.O looked at Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae who were too focused at the skies. “Choi Youngjae, quick, get back inside with Daehyun and Youngjae. I’ll talk to him, alright?”

 

“Okay,” Choi Youngjae did as what he was told, and pulled the other two back inside the hotel.

 

Meanwhile, the sparks on Chen’s hands turned bigger, and it already seemed like small electrostatic discharge covered his fists.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” D.O asked.

 

“Annyeong, Do Kyungsoo. How could you keep all these stuff from me?” Chen asked.

 

“I wanted to tell you but I had to protect the team,” D.O said.

 

“Careful, D.O,” Baekhyun murmured. “Stand back, you don’t know what’s on his hands,”

 

But D.O didn’t listen. He knew Chen since they were kids and they dreamt of singing together on stage, having to see people enjoy their music.

 

“You wanted to protect the team by what? By milking their mistakes and letting it pass like nothing happened?!” Chen asked and came another combo of lightning and loud thunder. “That makes you more like them!”

 

“Don’t compare me to them, I also feel the same anger you are feeling right now,” D.O said and the ground pulsated but it didn’t matter for Chen. All he felt was pure energy coming from his soul, a familiar secret he was keeping ever since he was young, that made him promise to be as easy-going as he is today.

 

Because the lightning scared him too. The lightning was his darkest secret - a part of him that was too dangerous and too destructive that he feared to unveil.

 

“Chen oppa, calm down!” Jino pleaded. “D.O cared for the team too much, he almost died during the earthquake at school! If only you know what happened...”

 

“Yeah, if only I knew it back then I could’ve stopped all of this from happening. And I feel so mad right now!” Chen exclaimed as lightning flashed out of his hands, together with a loud thunder.

 

“Chen!!!” Baekhyun, Jino, and D.O exclaimed.

 

Because as fast as lightning, Chen was chained by the electric charges of the lightning, the skies turned dark and the whole city was filled with unpredicted thunderstorm.

 

And then, a long-tailed creature, formed from the lightning at the sky, too bright as it got closer and closer to the four students at the rooftop.

 

Jino tried getting a closer look despite of it’s blinding light - it looked like a scorpion.

 

“You have finally released me,” the Scorpion uttered.